Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Background player is busted? I mean it's decently strong but I'm not sure I'd call it broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

All you gotta do is run Lightborn and you completely neuter this combo so it's kind of a wash. I think it's fine.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Background Player + Champion of Light means you’re getting blinded by the loving Flash and then he’s completely gone by the time you recover.

What a terrible perk to put out before BGP is addressed.

I mean, that was my original thought too, BUT you have to remember it's 50% haste only while shining your flashlight, so you're still going slower than walking speed anyway.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Kwolok posted:

Dead line is weird. I guess it potentially has synergy with hyper focus/stakeout. Otherwise you're just giving yourself madness and hoping you can hit more greats

Autodidact, if that hasn't changed at all, finally gets an insane synergy.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Evil Kit posted:

Autodidact, if that hasn't changed at all, finally gets an insane synergy.

Oh poo poo that owns actually.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

finally the Lightborn enjoyers get to win

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1744781240857698736?t=LegNRykytpXVCcSWOK1qvQ&s=19

These outfits and the music are both legit. I really, really like Vittorio, Elodie, and Trickster

E: https://twitter.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1744797994854109670?t=18AeylH7zVX5PCE3ygB93g&s=19

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jan 9, 2024

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

TheWorldsaStage posted:

https://twitter.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1744781240857698736?t=LegNRykytpXVCcSWOK1qvQ&s=19

These outfits and the music are both legit. I really, really like Vittorio, Elodie, and Trickster

Is this an actual company with actual clothes? Cuz I'm pretty sure making clothes advertisement with video games is an untaped marker

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://x.com/TatariuTV/status/1744794476491559242?s=20

L-O-Fuckin-L

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Is this an actual company with actual clothes? Cuz I'm pretty sure making clothes advertisement with video games is an untaped marker

I'm not sure, but Puma actually recently had a real life collab with Final Fantasy XIV. I don't know how common it is.

E: gently caress me, Domrebel is a designer brand.

https://domrebel.com/collections/all

Some cool pieces here and there but loooooool I am not the target market at those prices.

E2: https://twitter.com/dvveet/status/1744773472360792419?t=1AgwyzvigQj3DRJGe9XHSQ&s=19

Why the gently caress would you not make it a seperate toggle?

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jan 9, 2024

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.
Ooh, neat idea I hadn't thought of that I saw a streamer messing with; the new Grim Embrace buff means you could use it with Surveillance and Ruin to immediately find out which gens still have progress on them after the first time you hook anyone.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
linked cosmetics need to go away forever

yes especially when the cosmetic completely changes "who" the character is

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nikumatic posted:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Have sanity checks and bound limits on the attributes we read from settings files? Naaaaaah. What are, not first year students?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nikumatic posted:

I have no idea why Konami is opposed to giving regular flavor Cheryl more clothes.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I thought the config files had been locked down for a while? The pak files absolutely are, that's why you can't disable the ssl pinning on the steam version anymore.

On linked sets, I absolutely understand it's a rights issue but they've coded it now so that if a set is broken through editing the catalogue file you'll just look like the basic iteration of the character to everyone else, so I don't know why they can't just let a bug be and let people do it on the sly.

A wizard somehow figured out how to decrypt the catalogue file but decryption, editing and re-encryption are all done on their website, and I am nowhere skilled enough to figure how tf they did it.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

I disagree on the outfits that change who the character is, as a Chris Redfield lover, but I agree on the axis of "they really should've just made Chris his own character so I can have fun Chris alternate outfits". I get it, they didn't expect the RE DLC to be such a huge hit and hindsight is 20/20, but there's absolutely no reason that Chris should be an outfit and not Rebecca. And they gave us Resident Evil Revelations Jill, which means in an alternate universe I'm playing Chris Redfield with this incredible 100% canonical bonus outfit from Resident Evil Revelations that I love to talk about at every opportunity:

Aside from that, I'd be begrudgingly alright with it for copyrighted poo poo, but it straight up should not exist for un-copyrighted characters.

Here's the fantastic Seoul Socialite outfit for Yun-Jin. It's linked, so you cannot wear any of these pieces individually.

Here's examples from this thread complaining about it by forums user Venusa displaying that the layering is completely fine when broken using set breaking glitches:

And here's examples of other outfits IN THE GAME RIGHT NOW (the broken hair in the middle aside, you can absolutely combo that skirt/top and it is just as bad as it looks), made with breakable pieces, that have horrific clipping issues:

Hell, there's a bunch of linked sets that have horrible clipping issues with NO set breaking, like the new Susie set that just came out. The skirt physics are a mess. The long skirt on the Julie outfit designed by Ikumi Nakamura is a nightmare.

Anyway this is why every DBD survey I turn in has the comment "make Seoul Socialite a breakable outfit" :mad:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Hey Tiny Myers, as the resident Yun-Jin enjoyer what's your take on the community outfit that's coming soon? The casual streetwear blonde ponytail one.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Tiny Myers posted:

I disagree on the outfits that change who the character is, as a Chris Redfield lover, but I agree on the axis of "they really should've just made Chris his own character so I can have fun Chris alternate outfits". I get it, they didn't expect the RE DLC to be such a huge hit and hindsight is 20/20, but there's absolutely no reason that Chris should be an outfit and not Rebecca. And they gave us Resident Evil Revelations Jill, which means in an alternate universe I'm playing Chris Redfield with this incredible 100% canonical bonus outfit from Resident Evil Revelations that I love to talk about at every opportunity:

Helloooooo nursesailor!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Call and raise.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Relyssa posted:

Hey Tiny Myers, as the resident Yun-Jin enjoyer what's your take on the community outfit that's coming soon? The casual streetwear blonde ponytail one.
This'un?

I really hate how people hated on it so aggressively and treated the artist like poo poo about it. She took a sabbatical from twitter over it and, as an artist myself, I can't imagine how she feels that the only way people really talk about it is in negative tones. Yeah it's very similar to the summer outfit that was released not long before it, but that came out AFTER she submitted this - she had no idea and, when she saw it, thought her outfit had no chance of winning because of that.

Beyond that, it's obviously kind of plain compared to some of the more creative entries that got submitted, which is unfortunate. But I feel like that isn't something that should be blamed on the artist, more like... maybe they should do these contests more frequently and accept more outfits, you know?

On a personal level, I think it's great from a lore perspective - OP said it's based on her younger, more bright-eyed days where she helped NO-SPIN learn choreography. That's Trickster's band she managed before he went and killed them all in a fire, if you don't remember. Yun-Jin I believe had aspirations herself of becoming a pop star before she ended up being stuck as a producing intern in the background, so it's kind of like she got to live out her dreams a little by choreographing with a pop band. So I think that's really sweet and getting an outfit of Yun-Jin before she got more jaded is really cool.

From the aesthetic perspective of an artist and Yun-Jin enjoyer, it's cute and I like it. Like poo poo, sure I'd have loved vampire hunter Yun-Jin, but I'm also not gonna turn down a free meal :v: I'm a bit concerned that it won't match with much thanks to the lime greens, but I think I can probably make some cute fits with that top, and obviously the headpiece will be nice and variable.

Medullah posted:

Call and raise.
:smugdog: may I present... RE6 sexy kimono chris

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

This'un?

I really hate how people hated on it so aggressively and treated the artist like poo poo about it. She took a sabbatical from twitter over it and, as an artist myself, I can't imagine how she feels that the only way people really talk about it is in negative tones. Yeah it's very similar to the summer outfit that was released not long before it, but that came out AFTER she submitted this - she had no idea and, when she saw it, thought her outfit had no chance of winning because of that.

Beyond that, it's obviously kind of plain compared to some of the more creative entries that got submitted, which is unfortunate. But I feel like that isn't something that should be blamed on the artist, more like... maybe they should do these contests more frequently and accept more outfits, you know?

On a personal level, I think it's great from a lore perspective - OP said it's based on her younger, more bright-eyed days where she helped NO-SPIN learn choreography. That's Trickster's band she managed before he went and killed them all in a fire, if you don't remember. Yun-Jin I believe had aspirations herself of becoming a pop star before she ended up being stuck as a producing intern in the background, so it's kind of like she got to live out her dreams a little by choreographing with a pop band. So I think that's really sweet and getting an outfit of Yun-Jin before she got more jaded is really cool.

From the aesthetic perspective of an artist and Yun-Jin enjoyer, it's cute and I like it. Like poo poo, sure I'd have loved vampire hunter Yun-Jin, but I'm also not gonna turn down a free meal :v: I'm a bit concerned that it won't match with much thanks to the lime greens, but I think I can probably make some cute fits with that top, and obviously the headpiece will be nice and variable.

That's the one! I personally like it a lot and it's tempting me back to play her more. I kinda hate her scream when hooked, though.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Relyssa posted:

That's the one! I personally like it a lot and it's tempting me back to play her more. I kinda hate her scream when hooked, though.

I have no idea what you mHYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

At least she's not Jill. I don't mind her or anything but holy gently caress she sounds like she's getting her back blown out when she's injured. Her and Leon both. Kinda rough on stealth

Jokes aside yes please do join the Yun Legion :getin:

Tiny Myers fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jan 10, 2024

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Vampire hunter Yun-jin needs to be in the game

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Remember when Elodie was 10x louder than everyone else when she got hooked? As an Elodie main, my friends hated me.

Edit: Also, as much as I hate facing him, Shark Blight is the greatest community outfit we never got in game.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
We had issues with our speaker system so we're just using our TV's built-ins now and it's very rarely much of a problem except that DBD screams are somehow the most ear-melting thing imaginable coming out of them.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

At least she's not Jill. I don't mind her or anything but holy gently caress she sounds like she's getting her back blown out when she's injured. Her and Leon both. Kinda rough on stealth

Jokes aside yes please do join the Yun Legion :getin:

Twist my arm, why don't you. It is done.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Relyssa posted:

Twist my arm, why don't you. It is done.

Yesssssss. YESSSSSSSSSSSS

Enjoy some of the outfits I've made. Here is but a fraction of our power:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
If I see an outfit is locked it basically guarantees I’ll never buy it. The whole point of playing survivor is to find the most garish combinations of clothing imaginable as you pallet slam and blind killers.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Big Mean Jerk posted:

If I see an outfit is locked it basically guarantees I’ll never buy it. The whole point of playing survivor is to find the most garish combinations of clothing imaginable as you pallet slam and blind killers.

Yes.

Thank god for the Hooked On You outfits for survivors being splittable so I can have a little flower in Dwight's hair on any outfit I want.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Meanwhile I suck at survivor so I always try to blend in. Excited for Alan Wake's "I look exactly like the swamp" model!

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

If this get released, I'm buying the character, prestiging it and buying that skin.

Tiny Myers posted:

Jill and Leon screaming is the reason I started playing Ada Wong lmao.

Medullah posted:

Meanwhile I suck at survivor so I always try to blend in. Excited for Alan Wake's "I look exactly like the swamp" model!

I always suck at survivor/always get attacked first so I just try to better my looping at this point :yotj:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

L.U.I.G.I posted:

If this get released, I'm buying the character, prestiging it and buying that skin.

Wasn't it already released? Or am I mixing it up with Mikaela's similar one

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Medullah posted:

Wasn't it already released? Or am I mixing it up with Mikaela's similar one

If the leaks are to be believed, it's coming in the next rift.

Tiny Myers posted:

Yesssssss. YESSSSSSSSSSSS

Enjoy some of the outfits I've made. Here is but a fraction of our power:

The antler headband is powerful and I love using it in outfits whenever possible. Also kinda glad I gave in to the FOMO and bought that haunted outfit for her because drat it looks cool as hell.

Rate my looks:

Relyssa fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jan 10, 2024

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Medullah posted:

Any outfit can be stealth if you're brave enough

Relyssa posted:

The antler headband is powerful and I love using it in outfits whenever possible. Also kinda glad I gave in to the FOMO and bought that haunted outfit for her because drat it looks cool as hell.

Rate my looks:

gently caress yes to both of these, love the tough girl vibe in the first one. I agree the antler headband is so loving good. I wish I could find more uses for the haunted outfit though, I can never seem to make it work.

Also lesbian flag let's gooooo!!!! Had a Hag mori me a couple months ago because she brought Rancor, I had the name "Mori Me (Please)", and God decided to make love happen so I was the obsession. She tenderly ate my Dwight's liver in front of her hook, with both of our lesbian flags visible.

This, too, is yuri.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

gently caress yes to both of these, love the tough girl vibe in the first one. I agree the antler headband is so loving good. I wish I could find more uses for the haunted outfit though, I can never seem to make it work.

Also lesbian flag let's gooooo!!!! Had a Hag mori me a couple months ago because she brought Rancor, I had the name "Mori Me (Please)", and God decided to make love happen so I was the obsession. She tenderly ate my Dwight's liver in front of her hook, with both of our lesbian flags visible.

Lesbian/Trans/Ace flags are my charms on every single killer and survivor. I either get a lot of hate or a lot of acceptance and zero middle ground.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Tiny Myers posted:

Any outfit can be stealth if you're brave enough

Yeah, it’s astounding how little most Killers pay attention to their peripheral vision

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Yeah, it’s astounding how little most Killers pay attention to their peripheral vision

That's gonna change to some extent in a few weeks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Played a game for a daily last night I actually feel guilty about. Daily was kill by my own hand on pinhead.

Ran the add ons that didn't let anyone see the box past 24 meters and dodging a chain spawns another chain, with iri mori. The survivors burned an offering for Dead Dog. 2 players just gave up outright 2 minutes in.