Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Why are you pressing buttons the AI should know when to open and close the hood/slap chop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
It's absolutely incredible that the owner of a platform like Twitter will just openly say things like "graduates of black schools have below average intelligence, therefore allowing them to take jobs as commercial pilots will just end up getting a lot of people killed" and then chastise advertisers for not wanting to be associated with him.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

WhyteRyce posted:

Why are you pressing buttons the AI should know when to open and close the hood/slap chop

Would you rather have your finger chopped cleanly off, or would you rather have your finger trapped so that you have to gnaw it off to escape the hungry beast-car

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Aramis posted:

Fingers are overrated anyways.

Once you've got your Neuralink implant directing your Tesla FSD, you'll wish you never had them in the first place! And since this is all going to be a reality by the time Cybertruck hits mass production, it'd be stupid to account for them in the design.

Where we're going we won't need fingers.....or functioning brains.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Devor posted:

Would you rather have your finger chopped cleanly off, or would you rather have your finger trapped so that you have to gnaw it off to escape the hungry beast-car

Can the hungry beast-car make use of the flesh to increase its range?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Aramis posted:

Can the hungry beast-car make use of the flesh to increase its range?

There's a $10,000 in-car DLC for that yes

freemandela
Apr 18, 2007

Buce posted:

you can tell cis is a slur because it's offensive so many groups of people. for example: nazi bitches

transphobes are the whiniest fuckers on the planet

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

How are there so many people out there with Cybertrucks already is my question. Enough for them to apparently be not all sold exclusively to Elon stans judging by this?

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jan 10, 2024

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

...! posted:

It's absolutely incredible that the owner of a platform like Twitter will just openly say things like "graduates of black schools have below average intelligence, therefore allowing them to take jobs as commercial pilots will just end up getting a lot of people killed" and then chastise advertisers for not wanting to be associated with him.

gently caress the advertisers, why do we still have hundreds of millions of people and news agencies and government institutions from all over the world still using the platform owned by this pig? The advertisers don’t really care, they just worried about how they look to their consumers. But if their consumers don’t care and are still using the platform l why should they? The advertisers will return

People are addicted to twitter, the world had grown dependent on it. The users are not leaving it, and that’s what makes the platform.So Musk can do and say whatever the hell he wants

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

So what I'm getting from this is that we should confiscate 99.5% of Elon's wealth and use it to build housing. Thousands of people get a roof over their heads and Musk would still be a billionaire. Win-win!

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

can finger nubs still work the UI and turn the wipers on and off?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Data Graham posted:

How are there so many people out there with Cybertrucks already is my question. Enough for them to apparently be not all sold exclusively to Elon stans judging by this?

Is there a lot? I just figured there was only a few about, but when ever video of one gets posted it the internet just immediately jumps on it.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Steadiman posted:

Wake up babe, new type of bot just dropped

Maybe the fbi got into the bot business

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

I don't think Chaya read that article

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
To compensate for its very small glove box, the Cybertruck automatically degloves very small hands.

.random
May 7, 2007

It took me an unconscionable number of times rereading that tweet, but I have finally concluded out that that person was not asking to pay $200 for a micro swimsuit with an LCD in the middle.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Did they get rid of the mute button for videos? Is there no way to turn the sound down or off?

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
There is no constancy in flesh, only decay.
- Adeptus Cybertruckus.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Sir Tonk posted:

Did they get rid of the mute button for videos? Is there no way to turn the sound down or off?

You have to click on an individual video to get the player options

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/matthewstoller/status/1745173927083516253

DEI did this!

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
Ego-driven fights amongst white male nerds that disrupt entire industries, and not in a good way. You don't say?

Gaylor Moon
Apr 6, 2005

Gender? I hardly know'er

Thora posted:

Ego-driven fights amongst white male nerds that disrupt entire industries, and not in a good way. You don't say?

THERE CAN ONLY BE Ò̶̰͕̪̗̭̮̪̲͚̼̞͉̟̀̋͛̇́̈̽̐͐̌͘͠N̴͍̣̤͉͚̫̥͓̼̫̱͎͖̰̣̹̉̊̈́̾͒̍ͅE̷̥̱̝̪̹̜̼̗̯̹̙̳̋̂̾̔̈͑̆̈́̐̒͜͝

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Aramis posted:

I think you're giving him a lot of benefit of the doubt here. Bigots hate the word cis for the same reason woke people use it: It implies that trans people are not abnormal. I see no reason not to assume that's his position.

There's a few schools of thought on this. I've also heard people say it's an attempt to sanitise the concept of slurs in general. Also I've heard that it's a sort of "jealousy" thing where non-minorities feel left out over not having an n-word so they invent reasons to say that "using [random term or milquetoast insult] is literally the same as the n-word." Kind of like the opposite of "reclaiming" a slur like what happened with the word queer.

Bigots of various levels of intelligence/emotional control do it for various reasons basically.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Gaylor Moon posted:

THERE CAN ONLY BE Ò̶̰͕̪̗̭̮̪̲͚̼̞͉̟̀̋͛̇́̈̽̐͐̌͘͠N̴͍̣̤͉͚̫̥͓̼̫̱͎͖̰̣̹̉̊̈́̾͒̍ͅE̷̥̱̝̪̹̜̼̗̯̹̙̳̋̂̾̔̈͑̆̈́̐̒͜͝

And for that we should be thankful.

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

Thora posted:

Jocko Homo now on repeat in brain thanks to suggestible brainworms gdi

I’ve got Pete Shelley‘s “Homosapien”. Apparently, Pete didn’t know about the s at the end.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

dinahmoe posted:

I’ve got Pete Shelley‘s “Homosapien”. Apparently, Pete didn’t know about the s at the end.

I never really listened to this. It sounds like a more refined Devo.

Kale
May 14, 2010

kazil posted:

and with that I think I'm gonna stop posting Elon for a bit, for my sake

Thats not a new take for him exactly

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Further Reading posted:

There's a few schools of thought on this. I've also heard people say it's an attempt to sanitise the concept of slurs in general.

It's this, OP. Any other reason they give is just misdirection

...!
Oct 5, 2003

They want to be able to say slurs (especially the n-word) with zero social/professional repercussions

...!
Oct 5, 2003

A great question to ask someone who says cis/cisgender is a slur:

If cisgender is a slur then why are you so comfortable with saying it out loud and/or typing out the full word but you always censor yourself when it comes to actual slurs? I've never heard you say the n-word out loud or seen you type it out.

They never have an answer for this. Of course, it doesn't work on people who actually do say/type slurs

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Great, now they’ll call it the C word and Chuds will have to remind others that no, it’s the *other* C word. You know, the lame rear end one.

(cybertruck)

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Ah, well, maybe if we look at that account, we’ll see that their horrifically racist and anti-Jewish post was just an isolated instance of bad taste

https://x.com/macabear1984/status/1742138748467400826?s=46&t=Y9tN5g_IyRiifSxBmqZbkw

https://x.com/macabear1984/status/1745013745871380795?s=46&t=Y9tN5g_IyRiifSxBmqZbkw

https://x.com/macabear1984/status/1730979086523093016?s=46&t=Y9tN5g_IyRiifSxBmqZbkw

https://x.com/macabear1984/status/1738882394596245521?s=46&t=Y9tN5g_IyRiifSxBmqZbkw

There’s also a anti-Muslim post where he shares nude bestiality but I’m not linking it

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Paying the Bluesky forward:
bsky-social-p4blp-sg*qc
bsky-social-w3#q4-dnbzv
bsky-social-pzuxg-zo#dp
bsky-social-yj*7c-falzg

* is 5
# is 2

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Don’t really need to post a ton of racist and anti semetic stuff here to prove that it exsist over there.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Yeah ngl I'm not exactly comfortable with importing that poo poo in bulk to the forums

I'm not going to call a moratorium, because it's musk adjacent. Just idk

Maybe consider context and notoriety (?)

Like we all know twitter is hosed and racist , if musk transcends some level of racism or hosed-ness sure post it, but we don't need swarthes of that poo poo here

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I wasn’t going to make a habit of it. Just wanted to vent a little using some of the most outrageous concrete examples of how musk allows and encourages hate on his platform that ostensibly pretends to have rules against hate.

Like yeah, all of us here are aware that the dumb blood emerald techbro is a virulent racist, but holy poo poo at how his replies are filled with literal nordic-worshipping 1488-ing totenkopf-posting proud nazis

Hazo fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jan 11, 2024

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

imo we need way less of those because nobody needs to look at the forums and be subjected to pure unbridled bigotry

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Hazo posted:

I wasn’t going to make a habit of it. Just wanted to vent a little using some of the most outrageous concrete examples of how musk allows and encourages hate on his platform that ostensibly pretends to have rules against hate.

log off of Twitter. Just don't use it. Literally, just, don't loving look at it. Erase it from your life. Please stop imbibing the sludge from Elon's anus and then regurgitating it here.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Kinda odd that dumb weird badge says Islam isn't a religion and then describes all religions perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

deleting my twitter sucked for losing some contact with others but im not really chuffed about it these days, i give deleting your own a recommend