Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Pulse and Tony only today :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

What the gently caress I had no idea that The One was originally supposed to feature The Rock instead of Jet Li :psyduck:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Should have been Billy Gunn

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Suplex Liberace posted:

Noooooooo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

sorry man i aint listenin to that

no offense to tony but i punch out of any episode thats just him and someone else, but i'm all aboard if its just pulse and johnny

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
no johnblud no buys from me i'm afraid.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It is definitely an extremely different vibe without john. James has a whole podcaster voice he never uses until he has to do the review himself while tony goes "Whoa that's awesome" every now and then

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Tony Pizza Guy is the Stavros of Deadlock

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Tony Pizza Guy is the Stavros of Deadlock

Tony never had a tweet that so perfectly encapsulated a single sports fandom as Stav

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm fairly new to the deadlock lore why does john always use that still image instead of a webcam like the other two fellas

he's often the funniest part of the reviews and I feel like his expressions during impressions would make them even funnier but I also respect if it's for privacy or whatever

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
privacy probably. i do know the only camera he has is pretty crappy as his NL unboxing videos where very potato quality so maybe thats part of it

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

fair enough - not a big deal either way (especially since it's a podcast) was just curious if he ever mentioned the reasoning for it

still have alot of catching up to do and I watch the shows on youtube so it stood out initially

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

All of you tony haters will pay and pay big!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Suplex Liberace posted:

All of you tony haters will pay and pay big!

Me to the AEW Hell thread.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

James and Tony are great but Johnnys manic energy is critical to the deadlock formula

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
tony's fine, though low energy this episode as like jawnny he is sick as well so this was almost a solo james episode

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

It's Kidman's theme rather than Vampiro's but I believe that's the Hogan vs Bret Hart WCW episode. Which also had Hogan saying "If you're real tight with the Woodmaster, you can just go ahead and call me Woody. Coz I'm just. too. sweet!"

lol okay I just relistened to this episode and I now know why I was confused, it was Billy Kidman's theme on that show but they gave the theme to Vampiro later and they just call it "Vampiro's theme" and talk about how they forgot that Kidman used it before Vampiro

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

tony's fine, though low energy this episode as like jawnny he is sick as well so this was almost a solo james episode

I wish they would save 2000s WCW reviews for when they're full strength (but I get why that's tough).

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Obviously we just need a Johnny solo review of it.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

explosivo posted:

What the gently caress I had no idea that The One was originally supposed to feature The Rock instead of Jet Li :psyduck:

I know, right? That movie is wild, and I love it, but now I really want to see the version of it staring The Rock. Imagining the Rock having to fight himself is hilarious.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Rhonne posted:

I know, right? That movie is wild, and I love it, but now I really want to see the version of it staring The Rock. Imagining the Rock having to fight himself is hilarious.

Well that's why they couldn't make the movie; couldn't lose, not even to himself.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Rock's sister or whoever it was in Hobbs vs Shaw sitting at the end scene of The One counting how many significant strikes each Rock is giving and receiving.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
rock fighting different versions of himself to become the dominant one is the story of filming the fast movies

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
James and Jawny are great and I can relate to Tony's energy of "got too stoned at a hangout"

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Whoolighams posted:

James and Jawny are great and I can relate to Tony's energy of "got too stoned at a hangout"

fuuuuck that's crazy. like .. that's crazy.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Tony only seems low energy because most of it is going to his massive hog.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Detheros posted:

Tony only seems low energy because most of it is going to his massive hog.

I have it on good authority that is a garden hose he is trying to shoplift

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

James and Tony are great but Johnnys manic energy is critical to the deadlock formula

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://x.com/davemeltzerwon/status/1745227035151421476?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015
loving Love Dave LMAO

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

bischoff getting dunked on from dave and tk in the same week lol

well deserved

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

"you couldn't even figure out what "by" means in a story or book" is such a cold line lol

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
great point

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This isn't even the worst Bischoff got owned because when he insulted AEW's business Dave pointed out that he coached Bischoff for a TV appearance where Bischoff was bragging about WCW's average attendance being 5,400 which was lower than AEW's last year.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I haven't lived :(
https://twitter.com/roylucier/status/1746367116511772916

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

absolutely killer sweater

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Why is Dave wearing that sweater

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
drip king

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

fart blood posted:

I can only assume he bought it in the 1980s and has never seen any reason to stop wearing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

fart blood posted:

Little thing called style, look into it