Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Fair warning, 60-90% of any given adventuring party is an unrelated hang session to whatever episode it's tied to. Particularly towards the end of the season it feels like them decompressing after spending hours in the pressure cooker of being in whatever world they're in. Still some fun watches there, but just don't go in with the expectation they're gonna deep dive into all aspects of a given episode.

Look, no one wants Pinnochio to find out where the white women are at more than me....

EDIT: Oh, what a hell of a page snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

DeathSandwich posted:

After a certain point (I think for sophomore year) , the adventuring academies line up 1 to 1 for each d20 episode, so each adventuring academy becomes a postmortem for the paired show plus whatever other madness they get up to.

It's not fronted at the top of dropout, but they do have Playlists that plays both the D20 episode and the adventuring academy intertwined. I think it's titled "the complete experience".

You're thinking of Adventuring Party.

Adventuring Academy - Brennan talks with other D&D folks about nerd poo poo. (Except when it's Lou and Mr. Peanut.) Usually in the off season.
Adventuring Party - The cast talks about the episode you just watched (sometimes.)

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Ok, looks like those 'Extra Credit' talk-backs are the closest thing for FH1. Makes sense, it being the first season and all, not knowing how successful it'd be.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

double nine posted:

I can't believe amy didn't lose that one

I don't know about that; her face watching the guest's message was haunted. I think it broke her more than any of the silliness in other episodes did.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Fair warning, 60-90% of any given adventuring party is an unrelated hang session to whatever episode it's tied to. Particularly towards the end of the season it feels like them decompressing after spending hours in the pressure cooker of being in whatever world they're in. Still some fun watches there, but just don't go in with the expectation they're gonna deep dive into all aspects of a given episode.

There can be good stuff, but sometimes they spend several minutes on a bit. After the first few episodes, I started skipping forward a little bit to move past bits I wasn't very interested in (most of them) until it was clear they'd moved on to another question.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

An hour away from the return of the mf BAD KIDS

HOOT GROWL HOOT GROWL HOOT GROWL

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

What is this kids bop rear end music video. Who is Sarah Barrios and why does Dropout want me to sit through two whole minutes of this

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I immediately distrust Squeem

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

starting the party at the end of an off screen adventure and giving it as a blank canvas to let party explain character changes is a really fun idea from brennan

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I'm still working my way through the freshman year, so a quick question about tonight's junior year episode: So was every one of those ally NPCs brand new, or were a couple of them old? The party did such a good job pretending they were all old friends that I honestly couldn't tell.

(...other than Boggy and Baby, I know about them from clips I've seen on my social media timeline.)

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
We've never met any of these guys ever

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
The only NPCs we've heard of or seen before are Boggy, Baby, the Hangman, the Hangvan, Kristin's new god, and THE NIGHT YORB. The rest are entirely new.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

im fifteen minutes in. it's going nuts already.

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011
Tired: Tripping over cafeteria tables
Wired: Being run over by your own van

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

day one squeemhead

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I'm committing myself to finishing sophomore year before I move up to junior. The last episode I finished they were still in leviathan so I've got a ways to go.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

DeathSandwich posted:

I'm committing myself to finishing sophomore year before I move up to junior. The last episode I finished they were still in leviathan so I've got a ways to go.

You are in for a treat. Just wait until you get to the Squeem arc

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

While we're on the subject, do the two live one-offs they did after Freshman year (with Griffin McElroy and Brian David Gilbert) have any bearing on Sophomore year at all, or can they be safely skipped?

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Leatherhead posted:

While we're on the subject, do the two live one-offs they did after Freshman year (with Griffin McElroy and Brian David Gilbert) have any bearing on Sophomore year at all, or can they be safely skipped?

Total one-odds, safely skipper. Although the BDG live show is truly a wonderful time.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I am real glad he's entered the crew somewhat. I know he'll be in VIP later this season, and I would kill for him to be in a d20 minicampaign

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

Nerdietalk posted:

Total one-odds, safely skipper. Although the BDG live show is truly a wonderful time.

Alright, thanks; I might give that one a try. I like Brian but I'm not crazy about the live crowd aspect.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Squeem never looked like that in my head canon.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
Everyone is talking about Squeem but no one is acknowledging that the Seacaf ship is finally happening.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
Let's be real here: that ship has been floating easily and happily since the microsecond they met.

I just hope Balthazar's parrots are gonna be okay.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Problematic Pigeon posted:

Tired: Tripping over cafeteria tables
Wired: Being run over by your own van

He almost ended up in the wheel well of the van with Gilear.

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011

I Am Fowl posted:

He almost ended up in the wheel well of the van with Gilear.

Like (step)father, like son!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jesus this VIP episode is insane even by rhe standards. Does Lisa actually hate Vic?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

on comedy bang bang she makes the most insane choices and commits to them harder than anyone else so i'd expect nothing less

eke out fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jan 13, 2024

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

"Spit the pit in my mouth"

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

nah, that's just Lisa "Doctor Skeleton's Celebrity Toilet" Gilroy. She's a batshit improver and amazing for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwV6p7tD2Ks

Tour de force episode.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jan 13, 2024

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
VIP is quite possibly the most powerfully strange thing that they've ever put out.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

this is the best vip yet.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

NinetySevenA posted:

That pose, JFK.

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

NinetySevenA posted:

family

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
One of those episodes where I honestly can't tell you if I watched it while halfasleep and remember it as a fever dream or if I was wide awake and it forced me in to a 7 hour fugue state.

And here I thought nothing would top Lisa Gilroy Simpson.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

Dropout posted:

Content Warning:
Depiction of an emotionally and physically abusive parental figure relationship [1:48 - 21:39]

Lol thanks for the helpful time codes

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
what the gently caress did I just watch

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Magitek posted:

what the gently caress did I just watch

Magic

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

canISMOKEINheahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Mob posted:

canISMOKEINheahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh??

NANA NO!