Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

These Trump clips are the same things he's been saying in his stump speeches, the Fox News hosts do not give a poo poo.

That said, Trump sounds awful. Like he's sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Devils Affricate posted:

He's getting kicked off the primary ballots, so that matters even in blue states, and that's all resolving long before the election.

He's not though being removed from primary Ballots. He got removed in Colorado on the condition he didn't appeal and he's appealing that.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Trump's disqualification is for the general election too, btw. It's not just him being kicked off the primary ballots.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=4051238&pagenumber=88&perpage=40#post537083994
I mean even off the primary ballot in a bunch of states still don't see him losing to Haley. I mean it could happen, but she'd have to start doing a hell of a lot better and trump would have to start doing a lot worse as at the moment I just don't see people bothering to go out and vote for her in the primaries, where as trumps acolytes will definitely be at the polls.

Edit: so apparently he's not even going to be off any primaries. Yeah I don't see Haley giving him any issues.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Hollismason posted:

He's not though being removed from primary Ballots. He got removed in Colorado on the condition he didn't appeal and he's appealing that.

What does this mean? The Colorado supreme court ruled that he be removed from the state primary ballot. He has the option to appeal of course, and SCOTUS could rule in his favor, but if they throw the case back or rule against him then he's off the ballot and not only loses out on all the votes from that state, but many of those votes will go to one of his competitors.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1745274978935713890

lol governor of which state?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

:lolrudy:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Harald posted:

deee santis lies dot com

man they must've paid a lot for that domain

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

He's still debating Newsome

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Devils Affricate posted:

What does this mean? The Colorado supreme court ruled that he be removed from the state primary ballot. He has the option to appeal of course, and SCOTUS could rule in his favor, but if they throw the case back or rule against him then he's off the ballot and not only loses out on all the votes from that state, but many of those votes will go to one of his competitors.

It means he is still on the Colorado ballot because he appealed it. Trump has not been taken off in multiple states. It doesn't matter if he loses 1 states Primary when he wins the primary in 49 of the other states.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ/status/1745277623301730339

(I cannot get this video to play because twitter is pure dogshit)

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
“3 years in a row he voted to raise the life expectancy”

lol way to goof the response, dummy

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Devils Affricate posted:

He's getting kicked off the primary ballots, so that matters even in blue states, and that's all resolving long before the election.

If he actually stays off the ballot in blue states, then that might actually depress the Republican vote enough to affect down ticket races. Like maybe he stays off in Colorado and Boebert's current district and the one she wants to run in go Dem as a result.

E:

I'm dumb. It's only the primary ballot and not the important one.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Line item veto? We already got rid of that idea back in the Clinton era.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Hollismason posted:

It means he is still on the Colorado ballot because he appealed it. Trump has not been taken off in multiple states. It doesn't matter if he loses 1 states Primary when he wins the primary in 49 of the other states.

Yes, he appealed it, and SCOTUS is now going to hold arguments on it in early February. If the Colorado decision holds, the Maine decision will almost certainly hold too. Even a small number of states would be a massive swing.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Does Ron DeSantis ever stop grinding his jaw?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

resident posted:

Does Ron DeSantis ever stop grinding his jaw?

lol absolutely not

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Thought I would pop in to share a lol.

My brother is in charge of elections for a state government. He and his entire staff have been getting death threats since the 2020 election. The death threats don't really bother him but half of his staff, most of which were just career state government administrative types, have all resigned out of fear. Last year, his office received an envelope that contained a handwritten message about the "stolen election" and a bunch of powdered fentanyl. I guess the sender had watched too much Fox News and hoped that whoever opened the letter would magically ingest the powder and have an immediate fentanyl overdose.

Well this week he told me that people who hold his position in other states are now getting swatted. This meant that he got to sit his 3 young kids down and explain what to do if cops kick down their door in the middle of the night. Good times. Great country all around. Definitely headed in the right direction.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

iroc.dis posted:

My brother is in charge of elections for a state government. He and his entire staff have been getting death threats since the 2020 election. The death threats don't really bother him but half of his staff, most of which were just career state government administrative types, have all resigned out of fear. Last year, his office received an envelope that contained a handwritten message about the "stolen election" and a bunch of powdered fentanyl. I guess the sender had watched too much Fox News and hoped that whoever opened the letter would magically ingest the powder and have an immediate fentanyl overdose.

Well this week he told me that people who hold his position in other states are now getting swatted. This meant that he got to sit his 3 young kids down and explain what to do if cops kick down their door in the middle of the night. Good times. Great country all around. Definitely headed in the right direction.

When Trump dies hopefully this fever breaks and there's some kind of mass reconciliation but who the gently caress knows at this point

I've said it before but anyone who votes for Donald Trump in 2024 should have their right to vote taken away permanently. It's like voting to kill America.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

iroc.dis posted:

Hope he enjoyed the free drugs lmao

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

iroc.dis posted:

none of this would happen if he would simply open his heart to the glory of President Donald J. Trump. seems like a "No Brainer"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1745286856466423910

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Whelp, she just signed her ticket out of the race.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Crowd clapped.

Christie will endorse Haley.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

iroc.dis posted:

Doing this sort of thing thing to a public official really ought to be met with domestic terrorism charges

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Lol she's crossing the rubicon

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
THERE IS NO GREEN NEW DEAL

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Silly Burrito posted:

THERE IS NO GREEN NEW DEAL

lol came here to yell this

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
oh we can do nuclear fusion now???

(yes I know)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
EVs: heavier than 18-wheelers

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Toxic Mental posted:

When Trump dies hopefully this fever breaks and there's some kind of mass reconciliation but who the gently caress knows at this point

I've said it before but anyone who votes for Donald Trump in 2024 should have their right to vote taken away permanently. It's like voting to kill America.

there's nobody who can rally the chud base the way donny t has. it took him most of his life to get the mythos to manage it. we basically saw Vivec try the strong daddy bit this time around and he fell flat on his face with it. sure, the fact that he's not white didn't help, but self-effacing PoCs have worked their way into alt-right circles before. the utter REJECTION of Vivec by EVERY chud told a deeper story, imo. they need to believe you're actually invulnerable. that is a long-tailed scam.

the only other person who has been trying to do that in the last 10 years is Musk. Musk has legit been working on his invulnerable genius mythos since the late 90s, and he has a story that could easily resonate with the chuds in that he's been "screwed over" by a bunch of non cishet minorities but he's still standing! he's still here! oorah!

unlike donny t, however, musk has had a lot of much more public failures that crack the mythos. and, even if he does shake off all those failures and become the next messiah of chud-dom... he's not a natural born citizen of the USA, so he can never run for president. at absolute best he could become governor of, like, Texas.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

I think this is a smart angle that these morons should have attacked all along. Never gonna stand any chance of winning a primary running on "I really like the other guy and he did nothing wrong".

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
"I'll never let your cities burn"

but they sure will drown

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

i can't really watch this... this sucks.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I dipped after only 3 questions; it's pretty bad.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

I dipped after only 3 questions; it's pretty bad.

I’m assuming we reached the who hates trans lives more competition

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Corn Glizzy posted:

Target closed three stores in the Seattle metro, those “marketplace” Targets that never had poo poo in stock after blaming it on theft
One of those locations harassed me about my service dog every time I came in for the entire first year until I told them they were committing a literal crime. And he's a fuckin' German shepherd in a vest 'n poo poo. It's not some chihuahua in a purse. poo poo, the last time that happened I was in a loving wheelchair.

Everybody on that staff over 35 misgendered the poo poo out of me even after being corrected, you couldn't get out of the parking lot if you threw your receipt in the trash can right next to the receipt printer, there was no way for an actual human being to ring you up even at all, the grocery section had no loving groceries, the clothes section had no loving clothes, the housewares section didn't have any loving housewares, and the entire electronics section was behind glass with no way to page an employee.

You put a big cop-lookin' security guard right at the front door to be rude to and intimidate people and made everybody feel criminal at best or frightened at worst the moment they walked in. But sure. All of the above doesn't matter, 'cause it was the paltry amount of theft every business absorbs without breaking a sweat that shut you down.

kazil posted:

lol if you were shopping and someone was stealing poo poo, why would you give even the slightest gently caress?

If I were an employee I wouldn't even give a gently caress
Always remember: if you see somebody stealing from a corporation, no the gently caress you didn't. Criminal charges are for orange Presidents.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I’m assuming we reached the who hates trans lives more competition

I didn't see any of the trans questions this time around but I did during one of the bigger gop debates. They're all pretty gross.

This time I only saw israel questions when I tuned in and out.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Coolguye posted:

there's nobody who can rally the chud base the way donny t has. it took him most of his life to get the mythos to manage it. we basically saw Vivec try the strong daddy bit this time around and he fell flat on his face with it. sure, the fact that he's not white didn't help, but self-effacing PoCs have worked their way into alt-right circles before. the utter REJECTION of Vivec by EVERY chud told a deeper story, imo. they need to believe you're actually invulnerable. that is a long-tailed scam.

the only other person who has been trying to do that in the last 10 years is Musk. Musk has legit been working on his invulnerable genius mythos since the late 90s, and he has a story that could easily resonate with the chuds in that he's been "screwed over" by a bunch of non cishet minorities but he's still standing! he's still here! oorah!

unlike donny t, however, musk has had a lot of much more public failures that crack the mythos. and, even if he does shake off all those failures and become the next messiah of chud-dom... he's not a natural born citizen of the USA, so he can never run for president. at absolute best he could become governor of, like, Texas.

Also musk is a horrible public speaker and charisma vacuum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Three Olives posted:

We just installed a fridge and freezer in our garage so we don't have to be home when Walmart delivers our groceries, so there is always hope.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

whoa that's so "cool"