Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

On thing I've noticed almost every hoarder says on these shows, they refer to everything they're hoarding as "their treasures". If you ever hear someone refer to some basic, average thing as a "treasure", that person is secretly a hoarder.

What about calling the plain gold ring I found "my precious"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

dr_rat posted:

What if everything everything your hoarding is like untold mounds of gold and precious gems?

It just makes me feel nice having large piles of them around the house I can lay upon. You can't take them from me. :(

Real subtle. We know it's you, Smaug. Quit boasting, you scaly rear end bitch.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

What I want is a military grade flamethrower and a good respirator helmet.

This has to be cleansed from the earth.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

Android Apocalypse posted:

Well then that was the last thing I needed to read before going to bed.
:allbuttons:

Does anyone have the Elise the Great story about the cat?

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Fingat infected

https://twitter.com/TheCJPerry/status/1745235726437089530?t=llkf1ylmfhBGB8mbxh8xZw&s=19

It used to look like this

https://twitter.com/TheCJPerry/status/1736908129697460332?t=JMJgPHqyvJwCtDaXUV5mVQ&s=19

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Super bacteria and impotent antibiotics, yay!

Gonna die from stinky pus filled limbs and plastics induced rear end cancer during a wet bulb event

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

But the milk must flow! It is worth it!

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

dr_rat posted:

What if everything everything your hoarding is like untold mounds of gold and precious gems?

It just makes me feel nice having large piles of them around the house I can lay upon. You can't take them from me. :(

then you are goblin

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
If I leave a bucket of wet dough in the garden how long will it be before I have the rat soup?

PaleIrishGuy
Feb 5, 2004
Pale as paper

Fly with me posted:

She's wearing sandals while things are crawling everywhere.

Would you rather have sandals on and be able to kick things off your feet, or shoes/boots and they crawl inside your shoes and come home with you?

Obvious third option of sealed foot coverings aside, cause look at this woman.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

BallerBallerDillz posted:

Does anyone have the Elise the Great story about the cat?

One of the best replies to that story was something like “it’s so sad when old women are reduced to eating cat food” and a friend and I repeat that to each other when we want to inflict the psychic damage of remembering it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Am I supposed to know who that is or what happened to her?

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Her finger is being eaten by the west India Golden silkworm, a type of maggot that turns meat into a yellowish silk, soon she's going to burst into a bunch of fine mesh thread

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I've had to do some jobs at the prison here, and that was where I encountered my Worst Smell. The place is always in the news cause its a 155yo old hell hole that sorely needs to be replaced but our government is more inept than those most anywhere else. I'm sure it doesn't compare to the rat soup but I'll never forget it.

I was doing a job at the lockup at the court house once and they hauled a guy in in cuffs and all of a sudden we got this wicked bad smell. Guy had poo poo himself.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I would hope this isn’t modern and is from the 70’s or 60’s or something…

Edit: yeah here’s a source.

https://1900hotdog.com/2020/10/learning-day-science-4-for-christian-schools/

Lots of cursed hilarity in that.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jan 11, 2024

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
That is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've seen in like fifteen minutes.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
That does explain the Texas electric grid. If those folks were educated to believe that electricity is just magic that appears in sockets from God's grace or something, then what are we spending money on things like power lines and winterizing power plants for?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

By popular demand posted:

What I want is a military grade flamethrower and a good respirator helmet.

This has to be cleansed from the earth.

除恶务尽

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I don't think I've read that but the cover looks so familiar, I think I must've seen them in the church library or something when I was a kid. I can only imagine there was some type of radioactivity-esque effect that made me dumber just by being in their vicinity, that would explain a lot

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

On the topic of flesh eating bacteria, don’t stick one’s hands in stagnant or brackish water and take any minor cut that looks infected extremely seriously if you’ve been around brackish water. Basically anywhere on the east coast and the gulf. But especially anywhere in the Chesapeake bay.

It’s extremely fast like a day or so.

https://2019-mde.maryland.gov/PublicHealth/pages/vibrio.aspx

It’s common enough that all the professional waterfront folks know people who have died or have just outright had it.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Paladinus posted:

She is a wrassle lady and her finger is all gross.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Bar Ran Dun posted:

On the topic of flesh eating bacteria, don’t stick one’s hands in stagnant or brackish water and take any minor cut that looks infected extremely seriously if you’ve been around brackish water. Basically anywhere on the east coast and the gulf. But especially anywhere in the Chesapeake bay.

It’s common enough that all the professional waterfront folks know people who have died or have just outright had it.

drat it's even taken out the web server, this poo poo does not gently caress around

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Beer_Suitcase posted:

She is a wrassle lady and her finger is all gross.

And that isn't even a rasslin' injury, just an errant splinter that went bad

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Loved the lady on hoarders who needed one more hit of jenkem before she let them clean up

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Cartoon Man posted:

I would hope this isn’t modern and is from the 70’s or 60’s or something…

First I thought they were going for "...and just like electricity, God is also invisible and intangible, but he's all around us nevertheless", which, I guess, is an OK analogy for tiny kids to grasp, but then...

...hoooooooooooooo boy. Do not skip clicking this.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

WIFEY WATCHDOG posted:

Loved the lady on hoarders who needed one more hit of jenkem before she let them clean up

I only saw a few horders episodes, but one where they try to help a food hoarder sticks with me. She had those boxes of broth that were visibly bulging, the meat drawer in the fridge that was 6 inches of some sort of slurry. And she fought the cleaners constantly about throwing stuff out. I think they called it a loss on her.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

codo27 posted:

I've had to do some jobs at the prison here, and that was where I encountered my Worst Smell. The place is always in the news cause its a 155yo old hell hole that sorely needs to be replaced but our government is more inept than those most anywhere else. I'm sure it doesn't compare to the rat soup but I'll never forget it.

I was doing a job at the lockup at the court house once and they hauled a guy in in cuffs and all of a sudden we got this wicked bad smell. Guy had poo poo himself.

Lol, that's pretty horrible.

A prisoner just kicks down a rotten cell door. So many rats, you're tripping on them.

Not to brag, but I dunno if America has a prison even worse than that place. But we also have privatized prisons, so that's probably the largest difference

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Paladinus posted:

Even knowing very well who that is and what happened doesn’t help

She got a random splinter in her finger and then it got infected and now she has been going back to the hospital repeatedly for treatment because the infection is really nasty

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I wish her a speedy recovery then.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Dave Syndrome posted:

First I thought they were going for "...and just like electricity, God is also invisible and intangible, but he's all around us nevertheless", which, I guess, is an OK analogy for tiny kids to grasp, but then...

...hoooooooooooooo boy. Do not skip clicking this.

Some scientists believe God is partially produced by the movement of earth. Others believe God is mostly produced by the sun

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

PaleIrishGuy posted:

Would you rather have sandals on and be able to kick things off your feet, or shoes/boots and they crawl inside your shoes and come home with you?

Obvious third option of sealed foot coverings aside, cause look at this woman.
Yeah, it's a real six of one, half dozen of the other situation. I had a coworker that got a roach inside her tyvek suit, and absolutely (understandably) lost her poo poo trying to get out of it as fast as possible.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Bar Ran Dun posted:

think the links broken. i used to do surg tech at a hospital on the gulf coast and once a week someone would come in with a case of necrotizing fasciitis. just huge pockets of pus and dead tissue being eaten up by this eager little bacteria we'd have to pulse-vac out. the stuffs apparently just like everywhere, especially the dirty water. miss that little guy. hope theyre doing well out there.

flubber nuts fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jan 11, 2024

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

CitizenKain posted:

I only saw a few horders episodes, but one where they try to help a food hoarder sticks with me. She had those boxes of broth that were visibly bulging, the meat drawer in the fridge that was 6 inches of some sort of slurry. And she fought the cleaners constantly about throwing stuff out. I think they called it a loss on her.

The worst one I remember was this lady who blocked up her only toilet, so she just pivoted to making GBS threads in paint buckets and leaving them. Her whole house was filled with buckets of poo poo and piss. Anyway, she’s microwaving chili in a bowl that has literal poop on it and the guy from the show asks her if she thinks it’s a good idea to be eating from that. “Oh it’s fine, it’s only on the edge of the bowl.”

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The Cursed Mental Images Thread

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
well it's gross hours in the thread so i guess i'll share my worst smell.

i was sixteen years old working concessions at the local giant movie theater. they assigned me the task of clearing out the drains directly underneath the concessions stand since it was filled with black sludge. it was basically the accumulation of popcorn butter, soda, nacho cheese, and whatever little crumbs of pretzels and chips got smushed into the grate.

the sludge itself smelled bad but it wasn't awful. what killed me was right after when i donned a latex glove and dug out like four inches and a pint of the stuff. i get hit square in the face with this warm blast of rotten concessions air that almost makes me puke. anyways i did that for $6.75/hr.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Lt. Cock posted:

The worst one I remember was this lady who blocked up her only toilet, so she just pivoted to making GBS threads in paint buckets and leaving them. Her whole house was filled with buckets of poo poo and piss. Anyway, she’s microwaving chili in a bowl that has literal poop on it and the guy from the show asks her if she thinks it’s a good idea to be eating from that. “Oh it’s fine, it’s only on the edge of the bowl.”

https://twitter.com/IsaacsHauntedB/status/1083290932097703937

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Top tier movie franchise

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Is this really a case of "hoarding" per se? All the objects she's trashing are just empty food containers. Seems more like someone who's just incapable of cleaning up after themselves. Probably hoarder adjacent, I guess.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

The Moon Monster posted:

Is this really a case of "hoarding" per se? All the objects she's trashing are just empty food containers. Seems more like someone who's just incapable of cleaning up after themselves. Probably hoarder adjacent, I guess.

... what is your understanding of hoarding, friend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
This room is for all my boxes. As is that room, and the toilet. And the hallway. And there's some boxes on the bed, so I sleep under some boxes instead. That's why me and my brother were crushed to death under some boxes.