Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

MightyJoe36 posted:

Didn't they also team up with Bill and Minh in a stock buying scheme?

TEam up is a big word

More like got caught trying to exploit Bill and then dragged him into it and abandoned him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Fishstick posted:

TEam up is a big word

More like got caught trying to exploit Bill and then dragged him into it and abandoned him

Yes, now that I recall that is a much more accurate description of that episode.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I recommend the JUMBO spaghetti sandwich https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VXdXHEdHxA

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
https://youtube.com/shorts/KgXneJ5h7sE?feature=shared

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Hank's right, Legacy of Goku II is superior.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
"UNKAH HANNK ISA COMMUNISS"

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

wesleywillis posted:

"UNKAH HANNK ISA COMMUNISS"

This reads like a line from A Confederacy of Dunces

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I don't know what the gently caress that is. That's just my impression of Luanne.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Yeah I can hear it in her voice. Also it is a book where people call eachother communiss a lot

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

I told you about the time I put on the gigantic pair of khakis and pretended I was tiny. I was very upfront about it.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Been watching this again from the beginning now that I have Disney plus again and it’s insane how good the first season is. Am already in season 2 already and it’s all classics but pretty wild how quickly they hit the ground running. The pilot is just okay but man they don’t make them like this any more.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

TAMMI : Hank, don't! That Alabaster's a little guy but he'll mess you up!

HANK : No offense, but he's from Oklahoma

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Been watching this again from the beginning now that I have Disney plus again and it’s insane how good the first season is. Am already in season 2 already and it’s all classics but pretty wild how quickly they hit the ground running. The pilot is just okay but man they don’t make them like this any more.

On my last rewatch, I was surprised at what I thought were late run episodes actually popping up in seasons 1 & 2. Khan & Cotton are introduced much earlier than I remembered.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I was shocked how many late season episodes were good ones like Bystand Me, the one where Peggy accidentally makes mustard gas, is season 10.

And allll the way at S13E7 is Straight as an Arrow. It's interesting because it's a rare late season episode where Hank is made to feel like the rear end in a top hat he's being. Hank thinks he knows better than the softy dad and ends up feeding his hypoglycemic kids cupcakes right before losing them in a dark forest, their dad shows up and we get a moment where Hank genuinely feels bad. Of course it's undercut a little by all the other kids having fun but still.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Honestly that feels like one of the few episodes where late season rear end in a top hat Hank feels relatable because "camping" in the library with cellophane fires really is exactly as lame as Hank thought it was.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I take some nostalgic comfort in the older animation style of the earliest seasons. The last few seasons felt too cleanly drawn and animated.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Fishstick posted:

I told you about the time I put on the gigantic pair of khakis and pretended I was tiny. I was very upfront about it.

Hank likes to cut loose every now and again. He's complicated

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Punkinhead posted:

I was shocked how many late season episodes were good ones like Bystand Me, the one where Peggy accidentally makes mustard gas, is season 10.

And allll the way at S13E7 is Straight as an Arrow. It's interesting because it's a rare late season episode where Hank is made to feel like the rear end in a top hat he's being. Hank thinks he knows better than the softy dad and ends up feeding his hypoglycemic kids cupcakes right before losing them in a dark forest, their dad shows up and we get a moment where Hank genuinely feels bad. Of course it's undercut a little by all the other kids having fun but still.

Andy richter was the dad lol

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Hank likes to cut loose every now and again. He's complicated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi0FD3zaj88

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Punkinhead posted:

This episode formed the core of my parenting philosophy re letting kids FAFO a bit so they learn.

Softy dad is showing off a "fire" made from tissue paper, a fan, and a light. Hank is obviously aghast that it's not real fire as Softy Dad is defending it.

Softy dad: Hank, do you want bobby to get burned?
Hank: I don't know, maybe a little. . .

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Part of the problem is the kids had issues that Hank wasn’t told about as well, which if he knew and ignored that’s one thing but not being told at all is another.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Good point, and lol that it was Andy Richter

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Another one that gets me for this is Bobs Burgers f you’re a fan. That show took off like a rocket, episode 1, first 60 seconds.
The later seasons up to now are good too but I miss some of the edginess of the early seasons

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

namlosh posted:

Another one that gets me for this is Bobs Burgers f you’re a fan. That show took off like a rocket, episode 1, first 60 seconds.
The later seasons up to now are good too but I miss some of the edginess of the early seasons

I totally get what you mean and I miss it too. First episode and they're directly calling Tina autistic to her face, lmao

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Punkinhead posted:

I totally get what you mean and I miss it too. First episode and they're directly calling Tina autistic to her face, lmao

Or when Teddy talks about a threesome he had once.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Punkinhead posted:

Pretty sure it was the opposite of that.

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

I know it's lovely to laugh at but "you're the worst kind of autistic!" always gets me.

Do you think Hank is on the spectrum? :thunk:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Doctor Syrup posted:

Do you think Hank is on the spectrum? :thunk:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Punkinhead posted:

Hank thinks he knows better than the softy dad and ends up feeding his hypoglycemic kids cupcakes right before losing them in a dark forest,

Losing kids in a dark forest is probably bad, but there are worse things to give a hypoglycemic kid than a cupcake. Unless its a sugar free cupcake?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

oh my god peggy teaching sex ed was the second episode

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

shame on an IGA posted:

"you don't know who I am, but I know where you live"

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

shame on an IGA posted:

yeah it's funny to go back to early s1 and man I am glad we ended up with what we got lol

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

namlosh posted:

I liked Bob better in the early seasons when he still had some Coach McGuirk in him. These days they've gone full neurotic loser and it's a bit of a bummer.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

The Moon Monster posted:

I liked Bob better in the early seasons when he still had some Coach McGuirk in him. These days they've gone full neurotic loser and it's a bit of a bummer.

He sounds terrified no matter who he's talking to.

H Jon's best role ever is Dr. Katz's son.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The Master from Venture Bros has to be mentioned.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

The Moon Monster posted:

Agree that the episodes where all he does is lose and get poo poo on are tough during rewatch. For example, the family fracas episode.

Plant MONSTER. posted:

He sounds terrified no matter who he's talking to.

H Jon's best role ever is Dr. Katz's son.

I’d rank Ben from Dr Katz pretty high. I still quote him regularly.

But I can’t believe there’s no love for Archer. My ranking is:
Archer
McGuirk
Ben

One of the Best McGuirk quotes: “let’s do the math: 1 plus 2 = she’s hot. 3 plus 4 = that makes mcguirk happy.”

I haven’t seen venture bros enough to remember who Master is. I keep saying I need to watch those again and I do

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
He will always be McGuirk.

BRENDON!!

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Don't wince!

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The problem is I can taste it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Jon Benjamin is redeemed in Bob's burgers for all the dialogues with objects https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBCJlLDmtzc