Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
A googol of forms? Surely she has at least a Goggolplex!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

habeasdorkus posted:

Or every time a world ends, which could be pretty frequently in her 1/7th of the universe.

The End of the World Party could actually be the thing that ends the world. As the party spreads, more and more people get gogged until everyone is.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Gog Agog as a von Neumann machine and the End of World Party ending as grey goo.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

nimby posted:

The End of the World Party could actually be the thing that ends the world. As the party spreads, more and more people get gogged until everyone is.

Hahaha yeah Jaggs comes boiling out of that black sun, Gog obliterates him and his Jaggahog too, and now we're onto the real final boss: Gog-Agog, Queen of Worms, Ruler of 555,555 Universes, and bearer of the word Gog.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
The Jaggahog, most powerful weapon in the universe, second only to Gog

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Jaggagog-Agog.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Turns out all of the Demiurges know about the loops, it's kind of embarassing Allison tool this long to get it.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

YaketySass posted:

Turns out all of the Demiurges know about the loops, it's kind of embarassing Allison tool this long to get it.

It's absolutely vital to every loop that the heir be dumb as hell

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

"not stupid enough" sighs Zoss, and winds the wheel back again.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Zoss started out looking for heirs with a strong focus on the FURIOUS part. This has led to an endless string of defeats of furious heirs versus Jagganoth the unbeatable. In the current cycle he's nearing the end of the list that emphasises the DUMBASS half.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Turning the big wheel that says DUMBASS on it and constantly looking back at the worm audience for approval like a contestant on the price is right.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Not really sure which headcanon this helps, but iirc it's stated that Gog smells through all her many noses simultaneously. I don't know if that means each gog has its own full consciousness but she's at least feeling the collected sensory experiences of all gogs at all times, which definitely sounds maddening.

Joe Slowboat posted:

It was not ‘an equal person’ it was ‘admit you need me’ at the worst possible time. It was literally the petty bullshit of ‘before I help save the universe I need to be given special respect.’

Even Incubus had more sense, and his entire personality right now is driven by being mad at the other Demiurges for treating him like poo poo for stupid reasons. Gog’s just like the stink boy that way, except she actually was happy to throw the fight.
I feel like this argument appeared in the thread before, but it was the best possible time. They were in a dire situation and absolutely did need her, and it should have been simple to admit it.

Mottom couldn't do it, because Mottom sucked, and now she's dead and Gog is throwing parties :grin:

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

nimby posted:

End of Evangelion but with worms instead of Tang.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

dromal phrenia posted:

Not really sure which headcanon this helps, but iirc it's stated that Gog smells through all her many noses simultaneously. I don't know if that means each gog has its own full consciousness but she's at least feeling the collected sensory experiences of all gogs at all times, which definitely sounds maddening.

I feel like this argument appeared in the thread before, but it was the best possible time. They were in a dire situation and absolutely did need her, and it should have been simple to admit it.

Mottom couldn't do it, because Mottom sucked, and now she's dead and Gog is throwing parties :grin:

There is no chance that Gog was ever sane, her very existence is a cosmic cruel joke.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Here she comes now!

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

IMJack posted:

End of Evangelion ... Tang.

Trying to explain Evangelion safely to a small child.

"No, that's just raspberry cordial..."

"Um, Shinji is just sad he spilt his vanilla milkshake..."

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Benagain posted:

The Jaggahog, most powerful worm in the universe, second only to Gog

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

dromal phrenia posted:

They were in a dire situation and absolutely did need her, and it should have been simple to admit it.

So far Gog is the only one to completely no-sell a Jagganoth deathbeam, so yeah, Mottom was just being an rear end in a top hat.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
vaguely reminds me of another no-sell

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."

Maduo posted:

If Gog really does have a google amount of forms like was speculated she probably has enough presence on The Wheel to feel it getting rewound over and over like a worn out cassette.

Gog-Agog, the worn out record, Gog-Agog the copy of a copy of a video tape, Gog-Agog the bit rotted hard drive, Gog-Agog the worm-eaten book....

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Mottom called a jerk a jerk, I’m not saying it was tactically sound but calling it Gog asking for anything but ego stroking is ridiculous. She and Incubus both have the same pathological desire for respect from a council of mad gods who hate each other and themselves. Mottom respected literally nobody on that council except Jagganoth, whom she feared like death and wanted to see dead.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

given that Gog had firmly established well before that point that she loathed the other demiurges and viewed Jagganoth as everyone else's problem, I see no reason to expect she was really holding out for a "thanks Gog-Agog good job!" from the people she respects least in the Universe and would have leapt to their defense if she'd gotten it, rather than taking the opportunity to twist the knife and let them keep begging for their lives in vain. The failure of the demiurge friendship fusion wasn't that the cranky old lady was too sassy to keep it together, it's that they're all fundamentally incapable of giving a poo poo about other people or working towards a common good. They were willing to accept a stalemate for as long as open conflict would risk more than they stood to gain and were able to band together on a temporary contingent basis when their lives depended on it, but when their mortal enemies' lives depend on it a teensy bit more than their own, well

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jan 10, 2024

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The ultimate failure of the demiurge team was inevitable. But in that one far-off timeline where nobody was mean and in fact they earnestly asked Gog for help, I'd like to think that she actually would have done so. For the novelty if nothing else. Maybe they might have even won!

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

given that Gog had firmly established well before that point that she loathed the other demiurges and viewed Jagganoth as everyone else's problem, I see no reason to expect she was really holding out for a "thanks Gog-Agog good job!" from the people she respects least in the Universe and would have leapt to their defense if she'd gotten it, rather than taking the opportunity to twist the knife and let them keep begging for their lives in vain. The failure of the demiurge friendship fusion wasn't that the cranky old lady was too sassy to keep it together, it's that they're all fundamentally incapable of giving a poo poo about other people or working towards a common good. They were willing to accept a stalemate for as long as open conflict would risk more than they stood to gain and were able to band together on a temporary contingent basis when their lives depended on it, but when their mortal enemies' lives depend on it a teensy bit more than their own, well

Yeah I’ll second this, there was no way that happened without someone backstabbing the rest, and Gog’s the one who never had to develop a sense of self-preservation.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Wild speculation, but if Gog really is aware of the cycles maybe she's not really bothered by them because as a hivemind it's all just continuity for her. Existing as an unending mass of worms in a cyclic or an infinite universe is basically the same.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

That could be the case - her last words before ditching everyone to Jaggs are "I'll be fine." Could also just mean she welcomes death, though.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jan 10, 2024

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
it's all Content

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

nimby posted:

Wild speculation, but if Gog really is aware of the cycles maybe she's not really bothered by them because as a hivemind it's all just continuity for her. Existing as an unending mass of worms in a cyclic or an infinite universe is basically the same.
"The Mass remembers."

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I took her "I'll be fine" as "Jagganoth can't really do poo poo to me."

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

habeasdorkus posted:

I took her "I'll be fine" as "Jagganoth can't really do poo poo to me."

But he can, and must. Either he or the heir defeats her in every other loop.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Yeah Gog is just wrong about that one, because she’s a demiurge and they’re defined by being wrong in some important way.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
I have to wonder what the key even does for Gog. Her version of defeat might just be spitting her key at the heir for yucks and going about her regular bullshit unimpeded

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Car Hater posted:

I have to wonder what the key even does for Gog. Her version of defeat might just be spitting her key at the heir for yucks and going about her regular bullshit unimpeded

She needs it to travel between worlds; she likely also needs it to maintain a single mass across worlds.
Gog Agog does not meaningfully exist without the key.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

I wonder if Gog's weakness is that the kind of person who would take the worm willingly would be the kind of person who would feel out of control of their destiny and be easily absorbed into the mass.

Or be a furious dumbass who is incredibly in control of their destiny.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Gog is both a mass and a very singular individual. There's no-one like Gog.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

I think it’s useful to keep in mind that the demiurges, when the war happened, were broadly speaking not capable of riding the lightning without a key, because the kind of person who got and kept power in the Concordance wasn’t the kind of insane mystic who would develop that. Jagganoth might be able to now, because unlike the rest he’s spent a few thousand years pumping metaphysical iron to try to achieve his insane ambition, but also he had his keys the entire time, and I don’t know that he has a contingency plan for “I completely lose.”

Similarly, these seven were the ones best positioned to survive universal war and come out on top - which, the comic has made clear, has more to do with pissedness and cheating and willingness to put up with each other just enough to make the alliance work.

So I would be interested in what Gog was before the key, but she needs the key the same way as the rest, or she wouldn’t be where and who she is.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Gog-Agog was a world-spanning worm-based gestalt organism before a demiurge came to her planet and got ate. I like the idea that the interdimensional travel abilities of a Key of Kings are how she sustains a hive mind that spans the boundaries between universes.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

I wonder what it's like to be Abaddon reading this thread. Is he ever like "that's a neat idea, I should have gone with that" or "blocked. blocked. blocked. none of you are free of lovely concepts"

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I'm sure most of us are infuriatingly stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I know I've been wrong repeatedly in thinking that various demiurges don't know something, which is why I could be wrong about what Gog meant by saying she'd be fine. They're still fallible, but generally if they say something is true it ends up being true.