Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arkest
Apr 2, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Speaking of the Seahawks, isn't the sister running the team supposed to sell because that's what is in Paul Allen's trust or something
They do have to sell eventually, but Paul Allen owned a lot of things and the estate executors have a lot of leeway in which order things are sold.
There is also a provision in the law which funded the building of the stadium the Seahawks play in, that if the team sold within 25 years, 10% of the gross sale price goes back to the state.
That provision expires May 2, 2024.
I don't think anyone in the Allen estate has said they have been waiting for that date to pass, but it seems likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
What team colors are the Oklahoma City Seahawks going to be?

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

This is the part where calls him a bitch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CZuNuchnqk&t=1680s

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Abugadu posted:

Hey! gently caress you until the team is sold and OKC taxpayers agree to another billion dollar subsidy to build "St Elon Musk's Stadiurama" or whatever ends up happening.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Abugadu posted:

drat, that's brutal.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

hahahaha holy poo poo

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1745416259242434885

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Back to where he belongs, Giants Defensive Coordinator.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

God it's been a good 24 hours

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Chris James 2 posted:

God it's been a good 24 hours

Seriously. Craziest group of retiring/firing I can remember

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Honestly surprised the Patriots didn't work some kind of trade of Bill for some draft picks.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Android Apocalypse posted:

Honestly surprised the Patriots didn't work some kind of trade of Bill for some draft picks.

Didn't you hear? It's too much work to trade a coach.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

Didn't you hear? It's too much work to trade a coach.

maybe some teams can't do it, but they don't have a Loomis

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Trying to imagine Bill the GM trading Bill the coach

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
If Al Davis was alive just imagine the haul!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Saints already had a replacement head coach and Payton was sitting around doing dick while under contract. They had leverage.

The Pats and Titans wanted to move on and presumably Belichick and Vrabel had an interest in continuing to show up to work and not having their future teams give up draft compensation.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Diva Cupcake posted:

The Saints already had a replacement head coach and Payton was sitting around doing dick while under contract. They had leverage.

The Pats and Titans wanted to move on and presumably Belichick and Vrabel had an interest in continuing to show up to work and not having their future teams give up draft compensation.

In retrospect, the Saints should've held on to his rights, fired DA this year, and brought him back tanned and rested.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

No idea about the Special teams guys otherwise that's a really good list. Both Kelce's kind of coasting on their reps but there aren't any absolutely dominant TEs or Centers who are getting snubbed.

It isn't. Watt has indisputably better numbers than either Crosby or Garrett

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

D-LINK posted:

It isn't. Watt has indisputably better numbers than either Crosby or Garrett

We have multiple lists with him not on there. Clearly he is not better than Garrett or Crosby or Nick Bosa nor as well liked.

Neener neener.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Crosby is the coolest motherfucker around and anyone who disagrees can eat poo poo

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Black Sunshine posted:

Crosby is the coolest motherfucker around and anyone who disagrees can eat poo poo

lil rear end boy

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

he's so mad

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Minshew took it pretty well because he's a pretty cool guy as well. When Crosby fucks with Mahomes he gets all whiney and poo poo like the true baby he is.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

i was gonna ask if anyone could get got by a level of insult like lil rear end boy but maybe mahomes could be it

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Gatts posted:

We have multiple lists with him not on there. Clearly he is not better than Garrett or Crosby or Nick Bosa nor as well liked.

Neener neener.

TJ has 5 more sacks, 20 more tackles, an INT in coverage and the same number of FF. Sorry bud

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

D-LINK posted:

TJ has 5 more sacks, 20 more tackles, an INT in coverage and the same number of FF. Sorry bud

One of them is playing in the Wildcard round.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

D-LINK posted:

Maybe you can sit down with all of the players who didn’t vote for him and explain the math to them, I’ll bet they’d find that much more compelling than their experiences playing the game.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Android Apocalypse posted:

why would 71 year old Bill Belichick go to a team that obviously underperformed expectations and had to give up draft picks to get him

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Maybe you can sit down with all of the players who didn’t vote for him and explain the math to them, I’ll bet they’d find that much more compelling than their experiences playing the game.

TFF boys are all about stats until stats counter dumb narratives

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

indigi posted:

why would 71 year old Bill Belichick go to a team that obviously underperformed expectations and had to give up draft picks to get him

1. Any team looking to hire underperformed expectations.
2. Bill would waste those picks anyway and he knows it.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

D-LINK posted:

The dumb narrative that the best player on the second best defense is good.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

D-LINK posted:

The narrative is “nfl players think Myles Garret and Mason Crosby are better than TJ Watt.” But sure, got make a spreadsheet about it.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

According to ESPN, TJ Watt gets double teamed at half the rate as Parsons and Garrett.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The dumb narrative that the best player on the second best defense is good.

I just saw the back of my skull from the eyeroll

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

AndrewP posted:

According to ESPN, TJ Watt gets double teamed at half the rate as Parsons and Garrett.

But muh double team rate

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Some players benefit from having very good talent around them as well since the defense can't just scheme them out of a game. It's not their fault but it's a fact that can't be entirely ignored.

Somebody like Crosby is putting up pretty good stats while being surrounded by subpar talent and being double teamed and held on like 95% of his snaps.

I'm not making a massive argument saying Crosby is unequivocally the best D-lineman but I want it to be said that Garrett, Bosa and Watt are playing with defensive teammates that are much better overall than anyone Maxx has alongside him. It's basically just him and a bunch of JAGs.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

When will double team rate finish the season Sack Leader already?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

It is very funny that the Steelers are so rear end now that the only thing the fans have left is arguing about the third best DE in the league not getting enough respect.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Guy who jack's off to stats: Wrong stats bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Black Sunshine posted:

Some players benefit from having very good talent around them as well since the defense can't just scheme them out of a game. It's not their fault but it's a fact that can't be entirely ignored.

Somebody like Crosby is putting up pretty good stats while being surrounded by subpar talent and being double teamed and held on like 95% of his snaps.

I'm not making a massive argument saying Crosby is unequivocally the best D-lineman but I want it to be said that Garrett, Bosa and Watt are playing with defensive teammates that are much better overall than anyone Maxx has alongside him. It's basically just him and a bunch of JAGs.

Crosby is great and so is Garrett. My point is that y'all have excuses every year why they're better than TJ with less production.