Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

pro starcraft loser posted:

The GOP is so, so, so bad at this. Yet they want to run the entire country lol.

(Are twitter embeds busted?)

its because the true believer nuts are in full control or trump oppertunists at least in the house. the bueness wing still holds the senate because mcconnel but the second he dies its game on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

If it is the case, what's the gameplan for Dems negotiating with any future GOP Speakers? Demand that they hold the vote immediately after the deal has been formalized?

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Lawyer: “my client made an honest mistake, your honor”

:yooge: I DID IT ALL ON PURPOSE AND IT WAS A GREAT IDEA, “HAPPY” BANKS!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

kazil posted:

Funny you should mention that...

Hahahahahahah yes. YES!!!!

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:lol: Johnson is shrinking away and Alina's closing argument is "Everyone lies your honor it's just a rich white guy whoopsie-daisy. Crimes are for poor people."

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Johnsons hosed either way. He negotiates with Dems for a budget , they motion to vacate. If the Dems support Johnson then all of the Republicans in his party lose their minds. If Dems don't support he's out.

Just a poo poo sandwich in any direction

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

He was screwed from the moment he was chosen, and he likely knew it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Aramis posted:

He was screwed from the moment he was chosen, and he likely knew it.

https://twitter.com/haleytalbotcnn/status/1745492215172931920

yeah i think thats the case. he is giving the caucus the reigns and saying "ok do it" it wont end well for anyone but lol.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Giving the reigns to the Freedom Caucus is a terrible idea.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

lol!

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

To be fair, I don't think he personally has much, if anything to lose here. Everyone and their uncle knows that this is a sisyphean task, and no one is going to rake him over the coal for failing.

e:
:lmao:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Just hold him in contempt

Jesus gently caress what is so hard about this

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Oh my god please. Please, Engoron, let him keep talking until he breaks the gag order.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://twitter.com/haleytalbotcnn/status/1745492215172931920

yeah i think thats the case. he is giving the caucus the reigns and saying "ok do it" it wont end well for anyone but lol.

Lmao

Yes the HFC will put together a workable budget for a majority 1 gop vote to happen, that will CERTAINLY be voted on by the Senate

Lmao the GOP is going to do a government shutdown in a presidential election, holy gently caress

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

:lol: I just experienced a new human reaction

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

TulliusCicero posted:

Just hold him in contempt

Jesus gently caress what is so hard about this

What's so hard about it?

It sets the precedent that "the powerful" are held accountable. We can't have that. Can you imagine if people with money and power played by the rules we have? CHAOS I TELL YOU ITS CHAOS

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Es mi dia primero.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
post itt every time Trump starts talking immediately without agreeing

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

and he's already done. pissed off the judge

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Gomez Chamberlain posted:

Lol I live right next to this Target, I was not at all surprised they were closing it when 6 months before they whittled the staff down to 10. They blamed theft and homelessness lmfao get fuct Target. The Bartell's (now owned by Rite-Aid) said the same thing but their problem was the same: they slashed staff.

They didn't cut jobs, the staff were shoplifted from the store.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

kazil posted:

:sickos:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Good!

https://jtwitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1745290159304622336?s=20

Push this hard

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

kazil posted:

Lol "alllllright that's enough"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lmao stormed out of the courtroom? or maybe thrown out? lol

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

explosivo posted:

Trump was gonna crank his own rear end in a top hat to 11 but Engoron shut him down before he passed 6. Sad!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

kazil posted:

Yes sir Mr. President, we are indeed talking about your amazing big beautiful elections

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Tbh from a strictly sociopathic politics standpoint, Johnson passing a clean CR and then the Dems saving him would be the dumbest thing he could do. It'd turn his entire caucus against him and essentially turn house control over to Dems because his political life would forever more be in their hands. They could from that point on dictate what he can bring to the floor, because the instant they pulled support he'd get vacated immediately.

It woulda been a real funny misstep for everyone else though.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

explosivo posted:

engoron summoning a giant hook cane to yank trump out of the courtroom, followed by a "that's all, folks!"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/1745486705933582650?s=20

quote:

“In reality outside of the bubble of Washington, D.C., regular Americans could care less about a shutdown, because they view the Capitol, they view this town as the exact complete cause of all of their woes. They don’t care if it shuts down. They don’t care if federal employees are not receiving a government-funded, taxpayer-funded paycheck. They want the government to get out of their lives.

“What we should be doing is we should be going to a limited functioning. If I’m Speaker of the House, I finish the job in the House. I pass the appropriation bills, and then I tell Chuck Schumer in the Senate, it’s your job now, buddy.

“But right now, Mike Johnson is getting rolled in meeting after meeting after meeting. Every day Mike Johnson gets closer and closer to this deal brings me closer and closer to vacating the chair because I have absolutely had it.”

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Lol what the gently caress was the point of all those emails if he was just gonna let him blather on regardless?

Also, Trump continuing to play to the invisible jury in his mind

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

vaginite posted:

Tbh from a strictly sociopathic politics standpoint, Johnson passing a clean CR and then the Dems saving him would be the dumbest thing he could do. It'd turn his entire caucus against him and essentially turn house control over to Dems because his political life would forever more be in their hands. They could from that point on dictate what he can bring to the floor, because the instant they pulled support he'd get vacated immediately.

It woulda been a real funny misstep for everyone else though.

Yea , he's done for.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Never ceases to amaze me that he thinks just saying the magic words one more time, or in person, is what will make everyone suddenly start clapping and ticker tape to fall from the skies

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Pull the trigger, Marge. Do it.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

That is a really unfortunate camera shutter, she has some serious REAARRRRERRRGHHH face

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
:yooge: I SHOULD BE PAID FOR DOING CRIMES

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

kazil posted:

lmao stormed out of the courtroom? or maybe thrown out? lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Waffle House posted:

That is a really unfortunate camera shutter, she has some serious REAARRRRERRRGHHH face

They had 24fps for maybe 20 min, and that was probably the best face frame they could grab