Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Thank you penis economist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
edit: I am an idiot and somehow read this tweet as the Bears GM saying the HC job was a great opportunity, which it would be.

dream the gently caress on eberflus

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
This might be the first time I've looked at a dude and thought "y'know, he looked better with the mustache"

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

lol can't unsee that now

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I have the ability to speak cursed things into existence and now I will do so

Arthur Smith Chicago Bears Offensive Coordinator.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

If I get the job, I'll be instituting the run 'n shoot.

Hire me as an assistant and I’ll help them learn the Tecmo version of the Run & Shoot, which is basically have memorized at this point.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Arthur Smith Was Good In Tennessee

no really, he was

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
And I'm sure he'll be wonderful as OC in New England.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

he looks like a Zybourne Clock character

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Yeah, it was probably like Byron Leftwich and Matt Canada calling and begging for a job.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

"Huh. Has anyone heard of this guy called I. P. Freely?"
_____/

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Kalli posted:

I have the ability to speak cursed things into existence and now I will do so

Arthur Smith Chicago Bears Offensive Coordinator.

Cole Kmet not getting usage isn't that weird though.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Forrest on Fire posted:

Cole Kmet not getting usage isn't that weird though.

DJ Decoy

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Mega64 posted:

And I'm sure he'll be wonderful as OC in New England.

Yeah I was gonna say, Vrabel + Smith to the Pats is the paint by numbers outcome

If that happens what RB are we drafting at 3

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Learning that Arthur Smith stands to inherit the UPS empire explains so much about the guy.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

seiferguy posted:

Learning that Arthur Smith stands to inherit the UPS empire explains so much about the guy.

Fedex

Clearly should go to the Commanders

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

seiferguy posted:

Yeah I heard that he was an heir to FedEx for the first time during some random TNF broadcast in 2022 and it was a major “wait WHAT” record scratch moment

On one hand I respect him doing his own thing and in an extremely difficult field. On the other I’m sure being a billionaire failson greased the skids for him a ton whether or not he would ever admit it

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I loathed living through the Patriots dynasty at the time, but looking back? What a run. They were so fun to hate and root against. I miss that.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I have really grown to respect Bill over the years. I have a hard time hating him anymore.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
The Eagles Super Bowl win would have been amazing and spectacular even if they'd beaten, say, Jacksonville; but the fact that they beat the loving Patriots made it even better. Can't blow up the Death Star if there's no empire.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
The Bears really are triply dumb for not firing Eberflus, because I genuinely think it'd be the most appealing HC opening in the league. You've got at least enough players to make a framework you can build a team on, great draft picks, a poo poo-ton of cap space, and you can bring in your own OC and DC. It's a dream job!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

The Bears really are triply dumb for not firing Eberflus, because I genuinely think it'd be the most appealing HC opening in the league. You've got at least enough players to make a framework you can build a team on, great draft picks, a poo poo-ton of cap space, and you can bring in your own OC and DC. It's a dream job!

It's not a dream job, it's the loving bears lmao

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Black Lighter posted:

The Eagles Super Bowl win would have been amazing and spectacular even if they'd beaten, say, Jacksonville; but the fact that they beat the loving Patriots made it even better. Can't blow up the Death Star if there's no empire.

There's something magical about Nick Foles completing a trick play on loving fourth and goal that Tom Brady hosed up earlier.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

It's a dream job if you loving hate the idea of offensive football and everything it stands for.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

In 2148: Virginia McCaskey HAS to die soon, it will be a fresh slate!

Whoever said Bears ownership is Mr. House from Fallout may have given me a permanent brain worm with that one lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

R.D. Mangles posted:

Chicago deserves to partner Harbaugh with Fields, Moore, the haul from #1, and an additional top 10 pick. it would be so good for the NFL. Goodell should force ole girl to abdicate in favor of a temporary league conservatorship

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Yeah, it was probably like Byron Leftwich and Matt Canada calling and begging for a job.

Also, someone who's a position coach but probably a couple years away from getting a real shot at a coordinator spot should be jumping at a chance to shortcut the process. Even if they don't get it, just getting an interview gets their name out there and if they do, they can always blame Eberflus for inevitably getting the entire staff canned and can put coordinator on their resume going forward.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

sponges posted:

I loathed living through the Patriots dynasty at the time, but looking back? What a run. They were so fun to hate and root against. I miss that.

This is some real sick poo poo here

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I would be ok with the patriots being bad for the rest of my life

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Arthur Smith clearly looks like Chris from Family Guy.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

They stapled flyers with their number on telephone poles all over Chicago and the results have been amazing.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I would be ok with the patriots being bad for the rest of my life

The 1960 - 2000 experience.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Schultz tends to get picked up by the aggregators so I imagine he has some type of track record.

https://twitter.com/schultz_report/status/1745587225801208200?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Schultz tends to get picked up by the aggregators so I imagine he has some type of track record.

https://twitter.com/schultz_report/status/1745587225801208200?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Makes sense for Washington. If you're trying to rebuild the organization from the ground up, why pin your hopes on the guy who's notoriously resistant to collaboration or control? It would just create a ton of friction at exactly the point where they'll be working hardest to make sure everything flows smoothly.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Would the Patriots get draft picks for promoting Mayo?

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1745588132043542889?t=OinYw1Au9Vh_jdV2GIwKZg&s=19

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

crazy we lost Bill Belichick, Pete Carroll and Nick Saban as coaches all around the same time. feeling surprisingly sad about it. dunno if bills off to coach elsewhere

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
Bill wont have trouble getting hired to coach d in the nfl

deez nutzzzzzzzzz

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

imo Nick Saban should run for Tuberville’s seat next lol

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Incitatus posted:

Bill wont have trouble getting hired to coach d in the nfl