Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

hell yeah!!!!!!!

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

rear end-penny posted:

just told the big man.
gently caress a dang job

Congrats!

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Ass-penny

thanks everyone, I'm feeling pretty good today lol

Helluva

rear end-penny posted:

new job?

xcheopis

rear end-penny posted:

:yayclod:

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Ass-penny

Helluva posted:

new job?

not yet but I'm quitting the other one all the same lol

Escape From Noise

Nothing feels as good as quitting a job

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Helluva

Escape From Noise posted:

:five:

Ass-penny

Escape From Noise posted:

:hellyeah:

Helluva

:pusheen: beers on the house

Ass-penny

put out a couple resumes this weekend and got one place looking to interview already. seems they only want to do interviews between like 1300 and 1600 Monday through Thursday (lol) but on their suggested times was the 22nd, the first Monday where I'm not working for my current employer anymore, so fingers crossed they don't change their mind and ask me to skip out of work one day next week

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Ass-penny

in other news my boss wants "a bunch" of one of the more challenging casts to make, and also written instructions on fiberglassing for the matrix molds I been making. "not step by step but the more challenging parts," whatever that means. I have just been flying by the seat of my pants and seeing what works. whatever, it's an excuse to not be casting some day in the next 9.

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
boooooooored

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I should be doing miscellaneous stuff in service of the good citizens of the city but spoiler alert gently caress that

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
why yes, ma'am, your taxes pay my salary, yes so do mine

yes ma'am you live in this city and so the .00000001% of your taxes that might possibly affect my personal salary mean I am your servant

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
yeah we cut that dead tree down before it fell on someone

no you can't plant a new one

because thems the rules

sorry you associate a dead part of the wild treeline with your family history but that's he way it goes I guess

no I am not personally responsible for any of this regardless of how many times you repeat that

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Our company is pushing the idea of being a "seller-doer" as an employee role. Thankfully it's not an official job title. Basically you get to have the dual responsibilities of going out and winning contracts and then also doing all the work that you just sold. They're promoting it as a way to get ahead and move up in your career, which is funny because when you say it out loud it sounds like "cellar door", which is literally a gateway to the basement. I just really want "Cellar Door" on my business card.

Escape From Noise

rear end-penny posted:

in other news my boss wants "a bunch" of one of the more challenging casts to make, and also written instructions on fiberglassing for the matrix molds I been making. "not step by step but the more challenging parts," whatever that means. I have just been flying by the seat of my pants and seeing what works. whatever, it's an excuse to not be casting some day in the next 9.

Ah yes. The "make me an instruction manual before you leave" gambit. Lol. Been there. Although my former boss wanted detailed instructions on how to brew. I just didn't do it.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jan 10, 2024

Escape From Noise

Jesus Christ this company. We were planning this stupid beer with this other brewery since September, brewed it beginning of last month, and I'm scheduled to keg it in three weeks. Beginning of this week the restaurant manager asks about bottling for the first time. Not sure how the gently caress I'm supposed to design and print out labels between now and then. Every fuckin time with this poo poo. Months of lead time to figure out this stuff and lay this all out. A long rear end meeting that's trying to figure out what kind of beer matches the "feeling" of the neighborhood, but no nuts and bolts discussions and suddenly we have to hustle.

Ass-penny

love it when places are run by people who don't know what is happening lol. the person who asked isn't really my boss per se, but I wouldn't be surprised if one of our bosses had said "you need to get him to leave instructions on how to make matrix molds."

sorry things at your job are so shite EFN

Escape From Noise

rear end-penny posted:

love it when places are run by people who don't know what is happening lol. the person who asked isn't really my boss per se, but I wouldn't be surprised if one of our bosses had said "you need to get him to leave instructions on how to make matrix molds."

sorry things at your job are so shite EFN

Just frustrating. I went and talked to the other place and they said they didn't need bottles so I don't even know what's going on anymore.

Escape From Noise

God drat it. Every loving production meeting involves some last minute surprise with tight scheduling.

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
hahah asked a student's name and he spelled r-i-c-k-y and I had to ask them to repeat because I genuinely heard them spell licky AAAAAAA I just asked them to repeat it but sheesh my hearings on the go i-tell-u-hwat

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
I've reset so many student's passwords today heehaehaehehe anybody need your password reset hahahahaha I got u

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
I can't do it,,, I just can't do it anymore I can't fake a friendly customer service persona anymore,,, god grant me serenity,,,, this is why BOH restaraunt work is always so much more up my alley uggghhh :gonk:

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
its that part near the end of the work day where I'm doing a thousand yard stare at the wall and taking like 10 minutes to eat this rice krispy treat

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
everybody at work is bracing for the arctic blast which arrives tomorrow. selling weed in subzero temps is gonna be interesting

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
"Ok and so for your email you would use username12345@xxxxxx.xxx"
"Thats what I put and it's not letting me in"

K thats obviously not what u put because if it were you would have gotten logged in, full stop :)

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er

Areola Grande posted:

everybody at work is bracing for the arctic blast which arrives tomorrow. selling weed in subzero temps is gonna be interesting

Are you midwest-ish also? :) We got hit over the weekend and people are saying windchill is gonna be terrible and to expect more snow later this week booooo

Areola Grande

i'm smack dab in the middle of the midwest. i'm hunkering down and bracing for a high of ten degrees on sunday and a high of nine degrees the following day. today is v warm and windy. the arctic front is arriving at around 8 pm this evening in the form of a big big thunderstorm according to my local meteoroloty team :ohdear:

more falafel please

forums poster

Areola Grande posted:

i'm smack dab in the middle of the midwest. i'm hunkering down and bracing for a high of ten degrees on sunday and a high of nine degrees the following day. today is v warm and windy. the arctic front is arriving at around 8 pm this evening in the form of a big big thunderstorm according to my local meteoroloty team :ohdear:

we're supposed to get 5-10 inches tomorrow and then look at this bullshit

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Areola Grande

more falafel please posted:

are u feeling nostalgic about summer punks yet :allears:

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er

Areola Grande posted:

Midwest Crew!! also yes trip report hi: breezy loose snow after work and MOTHERFCKER of a windchill ugghh; our campus got closed for the third snow day this week ffs :lofty:

Areola Grande

Gaylor Moon posted:

Midwest Crew!! also yes trip report hi: breezy loose snow after work and MOTHERFCKER of a windchill ugghh; our campus got closed for the third snow day this week ffs :lofty:

it's hecka windy and supposed to get much windier!! tie down ur pets

Escape From Noise

Areola Grande posted:

Arctic Blast sounds like a Mountain Dew flavor. Maybe mint?

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
it's friday

Farecoal

There he go

Areola Grande posted:

are u feeling nostalgic about summer punks yet :allears:

No!! This is still preferable to summer

Mac Tonight

aw yeah tahts it man
I have not worked since March 2023. Had several phone/video interviews that didn't really go anywhere. Had a second interview yesterday that was actually in person and just being in an office made me feel so goddamn weird. I don't miss that life, but I do miss having money.

Ass-penny

more falafel please posted:

seems like kinda normal weather this time of year though? I can't speak for the windy city but on my side of Wisconsin it has been abnormally mild this year. today is going to be the first time we get a significant amount of snow this winter, at least in the cities. my man who lives in northern MN said they have got some real snow already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

also, I'm out before 2pm today and only have 5 more days here after that :woop: