Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I mean the First Class series before the originals doesn't sound too bad. Definitely going to be a little confusing when you throw in the Wolverine movies though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Opopanax posted:

I mean the First Class series before the originals doesn't sound too bad. Definitely going to be a little confusing when you throw in the Wolverine movies though

Watching Days of Future Past before X-Men would be loving terrible.

Also Dark Phoenix doesn't fit in like, at all.

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jan 8, 2024

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
X-Men movies are the closest any movie has gotten to the comics in regards to how convoluted and contradictory the continuity is. For added shits and giggles the Wolverine movies should be part of that continuity watch.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
And Deadpool.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Opopanax posted:

Wouldn't Wolverine: Origins be the first since there's a small bit of Logan and Sabretoothe in like the Civil War or some poo poo?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

X-Men movies are the closest any movie has gotten to the comics in regards to how convoluted and contradictory the continuity is. For added shits and giggles the Wolverine movies should be part of that continuity watch.

Now I just want a recut of that "Previously, on X-Men" youtube video just replaced with random clips from every X-movie.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
At least you'd get to end with Logan, which seems better than having it between 2 Deadpool movies

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

StumblyWumbly posted:

At least you'd get to end with Logan, which seems better than having it between 2 Deadpool movies

Don't you have to wait for Deadpool 3 before you can watch Logan?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

notthegoatseguy posted:

Wouldn't Wolverine: Origins be the first since there's a small bit of Logan and Sabretoothe in like the Civil War or some poo poo?

I'm sure some nerd has a supercut of all the movies stitched together with all scenes in chronological order.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

notthegoatseguy posted:

That whole montage of Logan and Sabretooth throughout history might've been the only decent part of the movie imo

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Opopanax posted:

Going from Dark Phoenix to X-Men sounds really loving weird with regards to Jean, Mystique, and Magneto.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I think teen Cyclops appears in Origins and Apocalypse.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

notthegoatseguy posted:

There is a post-credits in Days of Future Past showing ancient Egypt where Apocalypse is up to some poo poo

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
How do you square the two future versions as seen in Logan and Days of Future Past? Comic (book movies)!!!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I guess technically it's two official time lines, so chronological order would be more like First Class - X Men 1 and release order from there

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Just watch all movies at the same time on a wall of monitors like an 80’s villain.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Opopanax posted:

I guess technically it's two official time lines, so chronological order would be more like First Class - X Men 1 and release order from there

Yep, the DOFP timeline would start after X3 but First Class takes place before the point Logan’s mind was sent back to.

Honestly the only X Men movies you need to watch are X Men, X2, DoFP and Logan. First class is a maybe, Apocalypse is an even iffier maybe (and I say that as someone who liked it more than a lot of people), X3 and Dark Phoenix are both hard loving nos. The only reason I finished Dark Phoenix is because COVID had me too sick to get my PlayStation controller to put something else on. I still maintain seeing that movie was the worst part of having COVID, and that poo poo almost put me in the hospital.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
The first look at the new non-Grandma/bodysuit version of Madame Web:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I saw a trailer for that movie last night and it was thiiiiis close to being the first time I’ve ever walked out of a theater and asked for my money back.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not bad material-wise. It would probably look good with colors.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
She has a fast forward/rewind symbol. Geez.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Aphrodite posted:

Not bad material-wise. It would probably look good with colors.

I think it would look better if she wasn't standing in front of something that was about 40% the same color as the costume. The background looks like an empty theater, which might be the worst subliminal message you could send for an upcoming movie.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

That's Dakota Johnson? What'd they do to her face? She looks fine in the trailer.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Very cool. Comic book movies are back, baby.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

This looks like the cover of a TV Guide from 2005

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Lobok posted:

That's Dakota Johnson? What'd they do to her face? She looks fine in the trailer.

that is wild there is no chance in hell i would've guessed it was her. and as you say, she looks totally normal in the movie

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I think the design goal was "make Empire covers look good."

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

SlimGoodbody posted:

This looks like the cover of a TV Guide from 2005

If the movie doesn't have a soundtrack featuring Saliva or Seether (or both) I will consider it a failure.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Honestly, that's a lovely color. I like that suit. But it could use some more of those black web parts or make them more distinct, since it looks a bit to uniformly colored. But that might change when it's in motion.

For all I know, that suit will only be in a one minute post credit scene.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Jan 11, 2024

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Seems like confirmation that Pedro Pascal has been cast as Reed Richards.

Filming for Fantastic 4 was delayed until later this year and Pascal has dropped out of "Weapons" to accomodate the scheduling change.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1745351410395303963

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

cant cook creole bream posted:

Honestly, that's a lovely color. I like that suit. But it could use some more of those black web parts or make them more distinct, since it looks a bit to uniformly colored. But that might change when it's in motion.

For all I know, that suit will only be in a one minute post credit scene.

it looks like they retailored ben affleck’s daredevil suit

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for that horrible make up and hair. Her head looks like it should be on the cover of a Gothic horror paperback from the 70s.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
We are getting an older, veteran F4?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Milly Alcock, Emilia Jones, and Meg Donnelly are the three actresses auditioning for Supergirl.

Milly Alcock is from House of the Dragon and I haven't seen anything the other two have been in.

Meg Donnelly has apparently already voiced Supergirl in the animated versions of Legion of Superheroes and Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths.

https://deadline.com/2024/01/supergirl-milly-alcock-emilia-jones-meg-donnelly-1235711427/

Mr Hootington posted:

We are getting an older, veteran F4?

I think Pedro is the only one who seems to be significantly older.

The other people in the running for the rest of the cast were all early to mid 30's.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
F4 age gap discourse.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Milly Alcock, Emilia Jones, and Meg Donnelly are the three actresses auditioning for Supergirl.

Milly Alcock is from House of the Dragon and I haven't seen anything the other two have been in.

Meg Donnelly has apparently already voiced Supergirl in the animated versions of Legion of Superheroes and Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths.

https://deadline.com/2024/01/supergirl-milly-alcock-emilia-jones-meg-donnelly-1235711427/

I thought Sasha Calle was great in the otherwise awful Flash. It's a shame they aren't keeping her despite them keeping lots of other actors from the DCU (I'll believe this when I see it. I don't actually expect that Amanda Waller show to happen.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Looks like they're going back to long blonde white Supergirl then.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

PriorMarcus posted:

I thought Sasha Calle was great in the otherwise awful Flash. It's a shame they aren't keeping her despite them keeping lots of other actors from the DCU (I'll believe this when I see it. I don't actually expect that Amanda Waller show to happen.)

Agreed. It's a real shame that everything else was tainted by the Flash because I found her Supergirl to be really solid but no one will remember that because of how bad the rest of the movie (and all other issues) was.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Soul Glo posted:

it looks like they retailored ben affleck’s daredevil suit

Thank you, it's been bugging me since I first saw it trying to remember what it reminds me of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Mr Hootington posted:

F4 age gap discourse.

Pedro is 48 and Vanessa is 35.

If he married her when he was 13, then she wouldn't have even been born yet. THINK ABOUT IT.

Maybe in the movie, Reed had a really rough time in his 20's and is a hard drinkin' 35-year old who just looks like he is pushing 50.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jan 11, 2024