Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I think most raids have great traversal, it's the exact right thing to bring you down from the presumably challenging thing you just did and give you time to decompress, soak in the atmosphere and get ready to go again, until you get to Root where there's so much running and the encounters are so easy, you're legitimately spending more time on traversal than the actual encounters, it feels like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Eating poo poo in Oryx's dildo dungeon is also just funny, every time

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

The long empty hallways are loading zones for xbox360 users :ssh:

Has anyone played D1 recently? Kinda refreshing without the entire screen exploding in streamers and colors and blobs all the time. I think they went loving ham on particle effects with subclass 2.0 and its so distracting.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There are no Xbox 360 users, D1 dropped that generation in Rise of Iron and D2 never supported it

The worst offender for strike pacing is Birthplace of the Vile. Large chunks of that strike have dialog when you play it initially as part of the quest, but when you run it again in the playlist the dialog doesn't play so you just run through long hallways in silence for the same amount of time

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'd love to play D1 again if it ever went on sale on PS4 or somehow got a PC port. As a 360 player I dropped it when Rise of Iron came out

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

Yeah, dungeons and raids have interesting traversal, in strikes and seasonal content it just feels like padding to make sure the activity takes at least ten to fifteen minutes to complete. I don't have a problem with the amount of time per se, just would much rather be spending that time fighting more dudes than running down corridors. Im all for increasing the density, but I personally am at the point where I would rather sit at a loading screen for five minutes than hold forward and occasionally turn for about the same amount of time in any given strike. At least then I could look at my phone or mess with my build.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
This is why I by and large prefer Battlegrounds by the way. They're not immune to this issue, but I feel like the amount of walking they have is much shorter and they have a lot more enemies.

Also, I haven't touched D1 since D2 came out. I can't imagine going back to a time before public events had in-game timers, class abilities and mantling.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

I'd love to play D1 again if it ever went on sale on PS4 or somehow got a PC port. As a 360 player I dropped it when Rise of Iron came out
I absolutely love the more mission / story based structure of D1, and Iron was a really good spot in the game's life, but there are a bunch of QoL adjustments from D2 that make it really difficult to play - mantling being one of the biggest ones (yes I am a warlock main).

It does go on sale on Playstation quite often. You can actually wishlist PS4 games in the app, just not on the PS4 itself. Search for Destiny, select the game, and then select the 'Destiny: the Collection' version which includes all the DLC.

It's actually kind of cool because they left it in a state of perma-solstice, so the tower is in party mode forever. Well, until... You know.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It does go on sale on Playstation quite often. You can actually wishlist PS4 games in the app, just not on the PS4 itself. Search for Destiny, select the game, and then select the 'Destiny: the Collection' version which includes all the DLC.

Oh I had no idea the app did that lol, thanks for the headsup

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

It's a bit fiddly, but it does give you a phone notification when stuff goes on sale. I wish I'd known when I had a PS4, would have saved a bunch of money.

Rise of Iron guns were great, I wish the scout would make a comeback for Banner because it made a really satisfying metallic clack clack, like you could hear metal striking metal.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jan 11, 2024

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010
What do I gotta do to get the leaf weapons. I've only had one drop for me the entire season so far.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Pioneer42 posted:

What do I gotta do to get the leaf weapons. I've only had one drop for me the entire season so far.
Starcrossed secret chests and final chest drop Undying weapons.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The drop rate is so trash something's got to be broken

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

MJeff posted:

I think most raids have great traversal, it's the exact right thing to bring you down from the presumably challenging thing you just did and give you time to decompress, soak in the atmosphere and get ready to go again, until you get to Root where there's so much running and the encounters are so easy, you're legitimately spending more time on traversal than the actual encounters, it feels like.

I generally like raid traversal and there's no raid that makes me go "Oh gently caress no I don't wanna do this" in D2. King's Fall in D1 was a different story, but D2 movement is great.

Some of the dungeons are just loving annoying with 45 second respawn timers and fewer people so less chance of someone being able to res without turning around if you slip. I gently caress up sometimes and I really don't enjoy "Now sit and think about what you did out of combat for 45 seconds because ?????????????"

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010

Sestze posted:

Starcrossed secret chests and final chest drop Undying weapons.

Ok, I thought that the first drop I got came from The Coil, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I understand dungeons have a 45 second respawn timer to give them a different feel from other activities and I don't mind it in combat because there's no situation where having to wait 45 seconds will kill a run, but yeah it kinda sucks in the jumping puzzles.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Pioneer42 posted:

Ok, I thought that the first drop I got came from The Coil, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

They can drop from coil, but like before, so rarely even by Destiny standards that it's hard to believe it's intentional

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

haveblue posted:

The drop rate is so trash something's got to be broken

I’m absolutely convinced there is some dumb error way deep down in whatever they copy-paste to set up a new loot table that can make drop rates feel like crap. Like how Sidearms didn’t work right for years because someone typed 999 instead of 9999.

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012
I've found Riven's Lair (not Coil) gives out way more Undying weapons than seasonal ones but ymmv

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
You really only need to get one drop of each and then you can just throw seasonal engrams at them until you have almost all of the patterns, focusing for the last ones. It did take annoyingly long to get Subjunctive, though.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

haveblue posted:

There are no Xbox 360 users, D1 dropped that generation in Rise of Iron and D2 never supported it
King's fall was designed to acommodate that gen though, as was Crota and Vault. So the long loading hallways they were talking about very much were designed to stop 360 users hitting loading screens, even if those brave souls are no longer with us and remain pure in the eternal solstice where Curse of Osiris has yet to happen

Side note, I don't think they can afford Oded Fehr any more, Osiris is drfinitely talking like a character who's going to nobly sacrifice in that last audio log.

The traversal hallways have remained important to the load times as engine bloat gradually made playing on a PS4/XBone as slow as it was toward the end of life on 360/PS3 back in D1.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://x.com/bungiehelp/status/1745553095692779670?s=61&t=fWsm-upldseXptBaVlet9Q

This was driving me insane a night ago.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Paracelsus posted:

You really only need to get one drop of each and then you can just throw seasonal engrams at them until you have almost all of the patterns, focusing for the last ones. It did take annoyingly long to get Subjunctive, though.

Subjunctive was literally the last one i got and I went from having never gotten a single drop to having it crafted in the span of 30 minutes. RNG is fuckin weird.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Apologies for how dumb this question is... but somehow I keep accruing Nightfall Ciphers... and I haven't completed a GM Nightfall since the Crafting Glitch. What am I doing that is adding these? They just seem to appear in there (in 2's) every so often when I check my inventory. I've been googling all over the place on how to get them, and haven't found any info besides the obvious, being GM's.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lol oh god what's happening with the totems now.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Finster Dexter posted:

Apologies for how dumb this question is... but somehow I keep accruing Nightfall Ciphers... and I haven't completed a GM Nightfall since the Crafting Glitch. What am I doing that is adding these? They just seem to appear in there (in 2's) every so often when I check my inventory. I've been googling all over the place on how to get them, and haven't found any info besides the obvious, being GM's.

Apparently platinum coil runs drop it; coil is listed as a nightfall activity

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

RBA Starblade posted:

Apparently platinum coil runs drop it; coil is listed as a nightfall activity

poo poo dude I wish I'd known that when Osprey was the weapon of the week.

STILL NO ENVIOUS/BIPOD ROLL. :tizzy:

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Speaking of The Coil, looks like something is bugged and I've had 3 runs now where the bonus doors don't open at all, so people keep dropping (and I don't blame them). *sigh*

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
With the legacy collection being given out for free on EGS I wonder if they're eventually get it rolled into the base game, if only because it seems they love giving that stuff away pretty often. Then Stasis would actually be in the F2P world and I dunno what that would mean.

Speaking of, Stasis is doing pretty goddamn well this season for super dense add control. After suspend got nerfed we're back to freezing entire rooms, and it looks like a significant chunk of people are playing Stasis this season. Solar has some stupid good stuff in the artifact (most of it lol) but I'm gonna be pissed if the Stasis perks aren't made into fragments.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Stasis is surprisingly good this season. The artifact perks do more heavy lifting than their wording feels like they would.

It's a good time for my stasis / armaentarium build - 100 res, 100 rec, 100 discipline, 500% of the playing field converted into my ice palace and preventing my friends from getting to the totems in Warlord's Ruin lol.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

Stasis is surprisingly good this season. The artifact perks do more heavy lifting than their wording feels like they would.

It's a good time for my stasis / armaentarium build - 100 res, 100 rec, 100 discipline, 500% of the playing field converted into my ice palace and preventing my friends from getting to the totems in Warlord's Ruin lol.

My ice turrets keep pissing my team off for the same reason. They inevitably end up where someone wants to shoot lol

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

That stasis bow from a few seasons ago might be my favorite exotic bow with all the artifact stuff active right now, and there are a Lot of great exotic bows.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Yeah Verglas Curve buff was great, and I've been working on the catalyst process for Cryosthesia and the freeze burst works incredibly well, combined with the sidearm barrier mod it can handle all champs. Timing the swap to burst for Unstoppable and Overload is finicky but all you gotta do is take out an add before it and you got it. And it really rips through Barrier Champs. I think Verglas is the better Stasis exotic weapon this season tho.

Edit: Don't sleep on Salvation's Grip tho, holy poo poo that thing is fun, and with the buff it got a while back plus the "shatter does more damage" artifact perk it can clear rooms in the most stupidly fun way.

Also if you have Zephyr with Cold Steel it is very good too. Light+Heavy attack combo freezes anything instantly. Just freeze everything this season imo, and carry a fire boomstick of some kind.

syntaxfunction fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jan 12, 2024

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
the fire boomstick is polaris lance

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Did they seriously never fix the bug where turning Xenology in after the week you get it blocks you out of it for that week? Lmao

At least I got all the Escalation Protocol armor I was missing

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jan 12, 2024

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

One day Xur will not be hot garbage again.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They mentioned a rework for TFS, so, hopefully that day is whatever the Friday after June 4th is.

June 7th.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://i.imgur.com/bj5kT5C.mp4

coil with friends is a great way to get masterwork mats and nightfall focusing greebles. coil with pubbies is a nightmare.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That jar wasnt going to break itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Waroduce posted:

You wanna touch the lowman raid poop baby, I'll send you an invite

no exploits or skips, just good execution. small group of maybe 12 of us engaging in the content

I appreciate the invite, but I'm not on that level. I'm good with doing solo stuf and occasionally upsetting/bewildering people with my choice of build.

PERMACAV 50 posted:

coil with pubbies is a nightmare.

If you're going to indulge in self-harm, do it with something that isn't a waste of time. Like Gambit.