Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

The Moon Monster posted:

Is this really a case of "hoarding" per se? All the objects she's trashing are just empty food containers. Seems more like someone who's just incapable of cleaning up after themselves. Probably hoarder adjacent, I guess.

Can you share some photos of your fridge and general living area, it's for a project

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Paladinus posted:

Hope she also called CPS after cleaning. Or there is someone on tiktok who does therapy for free, I suppose. Unless the mum gets help, that kitchen won't stay clean for long.

Well the 'good' news is if she's 13 now then she might be able to keep it clean until she's old enough to move out in case the mother can't

also since we don't know the family we don't know what their situation is now or how it became like that. I swear that's not six years of accumulated trash, maybe six months to a year? Did the mom suddenly fall physically ill and incapable of house work? Forced to work super long days at low wage job and too tired to keep home clean? Or she became depressed or meth addict? :iiam:

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i think this is reversed?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Not sure how people got "this guys is a hoarder" out of that post.

Anyway, hoarders I've encountered tend to accumulate things that have some iota of theoretical value like, say, a broken lamp (could be fixed! it wouldn't be worthwhile to fix it, and no one ever will fix it, but it could be).

When I've seen huge piles of straight up garbage like frozen food wrappers and boxes it's been from something like an elderly/handicapped/severely depressed person with no support network. Distinct from hoarding even if the end result is similar. But the lady also might be a hoarder, Iunno.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Mom! The trash fairy has shat up the house again

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The Moon Monster posted:

Is this really a case of "hoarding" per se? All the objects she's trashing are just empty food containers. Seems more like someone who's just incapable of cleaning up after themselves. Probably hoarder adjacent, I guess.

There's an episode of Hoarders with a woman who hoarded human piss and poo poo in jugs because neither she or her mom who raised her knew that it was unsanitary or that you could just use a toilet. She said it just never occurred to them. There was poo poo caked on the plates she ate off of.

There's another one with a woman who hoarded dead cats. She just had hundreds of dead cats stuffed in freezers in her basement.

The stuff people hoard almost never has any value.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

deep dish peat moss posted:

There's an episode of Hoarders with a woman who hoarded human piss and poo poo in jugs because neither she or her mom who raised her knew that it was unsanitary or that you could just use a toilet. She said it just never occurred to them.

There's another one with a woman who hoarded dead cats. She just had hundreds of dead cats stuffed in freezers in her basement.

The stuff people hoard almost never has any value.

hey now who are you to say that their precious precious jenkam has no potential value??

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

this is the poop lady on hoarders and it's one of the most cursed things I've ever laid eyes on so click at your own risk

:nms:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY7m4KzYR4Q

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The worst part is when they're throwing away all her poo poo-contaminated food and she says "I'm going to go ahead and eat some of the contaminated food, and then the party's over. Because when somebody goes on Intervention they want to get high one last time. The party ends for me tomorrow"

And then the host says they don't understand and she says "Why the gently caress does it matter? I've been eating poop for 12 years. It's my last blaze of glory."

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Ah, the sweet relief of a normal cursed image :unsmith:

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

flubber nuts posted:

think the links broken. i used to do surg tech at a hospital on the gulf coast and once a week someone would come in with a case of necrotizing fasciitis. just huge pockets of pus and dead tissue being eaten up by this eager little bacteria we'd have to pulse-vac out. the stuffs apparently just like everywhere, especially the dirty water. miss that little guy. hope theyre doing well out there.

I know multiple people that have lost body parts. It’s really easy to get it from a boat’s bilge water.

I wonder if I killed that site by linking it here because it worked this morning.

Anyway as it gets warmer expect this to come to other other bodies of water.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

this is the poop lady on hoarders and it's one of the most cursed things I've ever laid eyes on so click at your own risk

Oh its the dust in this house that makes it hard to breathe, and not the massive pile of poo poo.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

This is the poop lady I was thinking about. Pretty sure by the end of the episode they had to tell her family approximately "she can never ever live alone, fixing the house isn't even close to enough."

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Dirk the Average posted:

That does explain the Texas electric grid. If those folks were educated to believe that electricity is just magic that appears in sockets from God's grace or something, then what are we spending money on things like power lines and winterizing power plants for?

Incoming cursed content: Monday and Tuesday are supposed to be well below freezing, with a 40% chance of rain both days. Surely ERCOT learned their lesson from the weeklong freeze a few years back and have made great strides to make sure nothing like that ever happens aga:rip:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

:stare:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Look some people just like poop a lot

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
lol nope not clicking that

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Captain Hygiene posted:

Ah, the sweet relief of a normal cursed image :unsmith:

that banana could really use a foreskin

Cartoon Man posted:

Edit: yeah here’s a source.

https://1900hotdog.com/2020/10/learning-day-science-4-for-christian-schools/

Lots of cursed hilarity in that.

Plants with No Tubes is my favouring Talking Heads album

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe
The Cursed Images Thread:

Non Compos Mentis posted:

that banana could really use a foreskin

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The cursed thread is a poop hoard we all live in.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

The Moon Monster posted:

Trash hoarding is classic hoarding. Hoarding doesn't have to be of anything of value, it's the behavior - having too much of something such that you have a breakdown in the care of your space and it becomes dysfunctional to live and exist in, but instead of fixing it you just...adjust to living in poo poo and let it get worse. You just let it take over your life.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

It certainly looks like hoarding but if the tiktok lady is to believed the supposed hoarder thanked and hugged her for clearing out the trash. Typically hoarders get very upset if you mess with their hoard.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Cartoon Man posted:

One banana, first one there gets it.

Lol UKG sucks poo poo

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Armitag3 posted:

It certainly looks like hoarding but if the tiktok lady is to believed the supposed hoarder thanked and hugged her for clearing out the trash. Typically hoarders get very upset if you mess with their hoard.

Are you suggesting someone lied? On the internet??

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

poop hoarder lady was actually committed after the show

Takes No Damage posted:

Incoming cursed content: Monday and Tuesday are supposed to be well below freezing, with a 40% chance of rain both days. Surely ERCOT learned their lesson from the weeklong freeze a few years back and have made great strides to make sure nothing like that ever happens aga:rip:

iirc the tx government gave power companies a choice between fixing their poo poo or paying a small bribe fine

I wonder what they picked

hawowanlawow fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jan 12, 2024

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

Armitag3 posted:

IMO there's a spectrum between stereotypical hoarding- "this is valuable" with no insight, or not being able to 'see' the problem mentally, and just being anxious/ashamed/paralyzed/defensive about the scope of a mess.

nice obelisk idiot fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jan 12, 2024

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Paladinus posted:

Oh yeah? Well, guess who created humans?

Your mom created one.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

bird with big dick posted:

Your mom created one.

The curse is this reply to a post from two months ago.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

bird with big dick posted:

Your mom created one.

You underestimate my mum.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

egg_dog posted:

The Cursed Images Thread: that banana could really use a foreskin

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
The Cursed Images Thread: we are hoarding poop

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Re: hoarding, I think about this chart a lot because I'm a big hobby guy and keep crap all over the place. Most of it comes down to how usable the space is and how risky it is to occupy.

Obviously there's a lot of trauma/mental illness involved when you go further up the tiers

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Where’s the tier where you just really can’t be hosed to do any cleaning and tidying rather than an active desire to keep 10 year old newspapers and cat poo poo

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

This guy (who's done a collab with the woman in that Tiktok video) is a great watch for his clean-ups of houses in various states of mess. He goes into the psychological bases of hoarding disorder and the levels thereof. Not every house he cleans is a disaster area, though there are plenty of those. (There's a recent top-ten-worst video if you want to dive right into the deep end.) Great sense of humor, always respectful of his clients. He's turned me on to some excellent cleaning products and methods, too.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Good to know that whatever level of hoarder you are that you still enjoy: light levels of clutter, no odor, and accessible stairs and doorways

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

Konar posted:

Good to know that whatever level of hoarder you are that you still enjoy: light levels of clutter, no odor, and accessible stairs and doorways
Consultant: Workplaces concerned about fire safety should hire hoarders. This ensures that stairs and doorways remain accessible and that clutter remains light.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

nice obelisk idiot posted:

Consultant: Workplaces concerned about fire safety should hire hoarders. This ensures that stairs and doorways remain accessible and that clutter remains light.

i love your username. i spent new years weekend at a place where someone had recently built an obelisk and i was thinking and sometimes saying "nice obelisk idiot" the whole time i was there

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

There's a guy in the south, I think Louisiana, who is high-functioning autistic and does cleaning for free. He genuinely loves being able to zone out and clean houses one day a week.
Seems like a nice dude but I can't remember what his channel is called.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

There's a guy in the south, I think Louisiana, who is high-functioning autistic and does cleaning for free. He genuinely loves being able to zone out and clean houses one day a week.
It sounds like the guy I mentioned, but he's in rural southern Illinois, "population: corn."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Inzombiac posted:

or that guy who unclogs storm drains for fun