Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

the change in Woody Harrelson wigs from Venom to Venom 2 is unforgiveable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I enjoyed Venom quite a bit, but the sequel was very forgettable. I haven’t really thought about it since it came out. Years of Spiderman fans talking your ear off about how edgy Carnage is if you let them and it’s a bit wet fart when he actually shows up.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Casimir Radon posted:

I enjoyed Venom quite a bit, but the sequel was very forgettable. I haven’t really thought about it since it came out. Years of Spiderman fans talking your ear off about how edgy Carnage is if you let them and it’s a bit wet fart when he actually shows up.
I feel like there's a lot of this vibe with stuff that started in 90s comics

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Carnage is extremely edgy but not in a fun way, imo. Oh wow he butchered an apartment building full of families and kids while his host cried and begged the symbiote to stop, very entertaining.

The movie was better than the character deserved.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Casimir Radon posted:

I feel like Carnage would have worked better as a villain for Spiderman, instead of the character he is just the more edgy version of. Probably still wouldn't work very well though.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I feel like Carnage would have worked better as a villain for Spiderman, instead of the character he is just the more edgy version of. Probably still wouldn't work very well though.

That's fine it's all according to plan. The Internet decided that Sony is just doing backdoor pilots for another Andrew Garfield Spiderman and that he's going to show up and fight Venom.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1744876795667546590

Movies are over :negative:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
just call it Steamboat Willie 17

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's kind of weird how Guy Ritchie is just constantly churning out movies with like no impact. Especially since he's still getting high profile actors.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
I don’t think there’d been any marketing since the initial teaser over a year ago, so it’d been clear for a while it wouldn’t make March

I’m surprised that WB would pull it without a new release date (yet) but I’m sure it’ll have one soon. Maybe it depends whether it gets to play at Cannes.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So Tom Cruise moving from Paramount to WB doesn't exactly bode well for Paramount, does it?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

muscles like this! posted:

So Tom Cruise moving from Paramount to WB doesn't exactly bode well for Paramount, does it?

Aren't they planing to merge anyway.

Can't get away that easy tom!

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

It's kind of weird how Guy Ritchie is just constantly churning out movies with like no impact. Especially since he's still getting high profile actors.

Part of it is just bad luck/content, right?

The Operation Fortune movie got shelved because they (if rumors are right) didn't want to push a movie with Ukrainian villains at that time. Also mixed reviews anyway once it limped out, so :shrug:.

And he apparently put out an Afghanistan war movie long after anyone had any interest in one.

I thought The Gentlemen was fun for a home movie night and it went over okay in my house, but it isn't a must watch or anything. Might just be running out of gas.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Byzantine posted:

Carnage is extremely edgy but not in a fun way, imo. Oh wow he butchered an apartment building full of families and kids while his host cried and begged the symbiote to stop, very entertaining.

The movie was better than the character deserved.
What? The host was a serial killer before merging with the symbiote.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Paramount is going to get bought out this year by someone. Current reporting suggests Warner Bros. Discovery, which I really don't understand considering how much debt they already have.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

Paramount is going to get bought out this year by someone. Current reporting suggests Warner Bros. Discovery, which I really don't understand considering how much debt they already have.

I thought that was the inverse, WBD getting bought by Paramount?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
It was being discussed as a merger, but I seem to recall when this first was floated both company's stock dropped, which is not the reaction Wall Street normally has to corporate mergers.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Both companies are just throwing a random amount of borrowed cash at each other in the hope that no one sees them pocketing some in the flurry of bank notes.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Also, the goverment isn't rubber stamping mergers anymore, at some point one of these studios is going to try to merge and get told "no".

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Also, the goverment isn't rubber stamping mergers anymore, at some point one of these studios is going to try to merge and get told "no".

Would they really try and stop a WB/Paramount merger though when both are apparently in pretty dire straights. It's not like a Disney situation where they're just buying up everything as have too much cash floating around basically.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

her chinese name is Spider Wife?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

FoneBone posted:

I don’t think there’d been any marketing since the initial teaser over a year ago, so it’d been clear for a while it wouldn’t make March

I’m surprised that WB would pull it without a new release date (yet) but I’m sure it’ll have one soon. Maybe it depends whether it gets to play at Cannes.

You’re surprised WB would pull a thing?

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

The Saddest Rhino posted:

It's not a bad way to translate Madame I guess, although I'm not sure why she's not an elderly woman anymore.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I guess it's kind of better than Auntie Spider?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Young Freud posted:

I thought that was the inverse, WBD getting bought by Paramount?
No, that wouldn’t happen

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I haven't paid any attention to the Madame Web movie, at all. So she's not an elderly disabled woman who receives prophetic visions?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Every elderly disabled woman who receives prophetic visions was young once.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

dr_rat posted:

Would they really try and stop a WB/Paramount merger though when both are apparently in pretty dire straights. It's not like a Disney situation where they're just buying up everything as have too much cash floating around basically.

It's true, they might clear the regulators. Not sure about them merging as a way to get out of their bad situation as between 70 and 90 percent of mergers fail. We'll just have to see what happens.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

I haven't paid any attention to the Madame Web movie, at all. So she's not an elderly disabled woman who receives prophetic visions?

IIRC a couple of years ago the comics version switched to a young woman.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

They tried making Amanda Waller less heavy, less middle-aged, and less black after a reboot. It didn't stick.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Amanda Waller is the only badass related to suicide squad lol

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

It's true, they might clear the regulators. Not sure about them merging as a way to get out of their bad situation as between 70 and 90 percent of mergers fail. We'll just have to see what happens.

Yes but have you considered that LOOK OVER THERE, A POTENTIAL HARRY POTTER TRANSFORMERS CROSSOVER *grabs stacks of money and runs*

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
David Gordon Green is off the Exorcist franchise. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/david-gordon-green-departing-exorcist-sequel-1235786008/

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
David Gordon Green can gently caress off in general for a while.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Pope Corky the IX posted:

David Gordon Green can gently caress off in general for a while.
He's an absolute hack

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
EVIL DIES TONIGHT!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

DGG rules just not with horror. his work on gemstones is fantastic and he always brings it.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

DGG rules just not with horror. his work on gemstones is fantastic and he always brings it.

yeah George Washington and All the Real Girls are both great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

I don't know, I went into it thinking I was going to hate Exorcist Believer and I ended up really liking it.