Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean we were probably never gonna see most of them anyway. maybe next season if everything goes well but i go by we see an ad or billboard or something for IMP and also like maybe a stolas or blitzo in a crowd shot.

As has been mentioned, some of the Sins might have a decent chance of showing up in Hazbin at least (especially since the trailer seems to imply things will eventually escalate into an all out war with the angels). I imagine we’ll finally see Charlie’s dad at some point as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Feeling kinda weird right now...I stumbled onto potential spoilers for HH that a group of antis are posting as examples of Viv being a terrible writer--but I thought they were actually pretty drat good and made sense of a lot of things story wise? I will not post them here only in private messages if asked. My point is even interesting plot points are apparently getting hated on just because she wrote them and I think its sad.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

That sounds like the weird hate-dom that’s sprouted up around the series. Literally every aspect of the show has people tearing it down for real petty reasons.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
It's funny how people say that Viv is a terrible writer and then list their favorite helluva episodes as the ones she wrote, like Truthseekers and Ozzie's :rolleyes:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Thanks to coming out of tumblr Viv has attracted a hatedom of the biggest drama addicts on the planet. Best to treat everything from them as the equivalent of the kid swearing his uncle works at Nintendo.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

The part that got me was them going on and on about how dumb and stupid her ideas are. But considering what we know of the characters and the series it made a lot of sense to me? Some definite explanations for why some characters are behaving a certain way even if it didn't have context at first. So I don't know why they have a problem with it really. It even refutes some things I saw being criticized initially. I.E. the war between heaven and hell is not as black and white as it looks.

Even if it does turn out to be faked (and it very well may be) I still thought it was pretty good. Nothing was too out there or didn't make sense.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Dec 30, 2023

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Flopsy posted:

The part that got me was them going on and on about how dumb and stupid her ideas are. But considering what we know of the characters and the series it made a lot of sense to me? Some definite explanations for why some characters are behaving a certain way even if it didn't have context at first. So I don't know why they have a problem with it really. It even refutes some things I saw being criticized initially. I.E. the war between heaven and hell is not as black and white as it looks.

Even if it does turn out to be faked (and it very well may be) I still thought it was pretty good. Nothing was too out there or didn't make sense.

Yeah i have no idea about any spoilers outside some stuff i put together from trailers vaggie looks like she was probably a former purge angel who either got injured/abandoned when a purge went south and fell for charlie afterward, her skin color and body type fit the purge angel model, as do the scars. yeah, i am not shocked its not black and white. I sorta suspect hell was kinda of its own thing before lucifer and the sins/co showed up and took it over and made it the debauched shitshow it is. now heaven uses it as a dumping ground for people who dont measure up to its standards. i wouldnt be shocked i said standards have gotten more and more strict over the centuries/etc. who knows. i have been pretty happy with how Helluva boss has been doing its plot and i am curious about hazbin now.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Thanks to coming out of tumblr Viv has attracted a hatedom of the biggest drama addicts on the planet. Best to treat everything from them as the equivalent of the kid swearing his uncle works at Nintendo.

yeah. its also alot of zoomers are weird about stories and media criticism and poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/HELLAVERSE/status/1742607368284930070

https://twitter.com/HELLAVERSE/status/1742615440600465829

adult stolas and blitz0 and child version plushes hitting preorder tomarrow.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm glad I'm only interested in figures and not plushies because those are going to sell out immediately

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Macaluso posted:

I'm glad I'm only interested in figures and not plushies because those are going to sell out immediately

preorder so its more about "counting how many to make plus 200" rather then selling out right away. plushies even the mass produced ones take a long time to make.

https://sharkrobot.com/collections/vivziepop/products/premium-blitz-stolas-plush-bundle
https://sharkrobot.com/collections/vivziepop/products/little-blitz-stolas-singing-plush-bundle-bonus-pins
They come separately obviously. Bought blitz and will buy the smoll stolas when next paycheck comes.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jan 4, 2024

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

New Angel Dust song just dropped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr1itWFugW0

I can definitely see why they went with the cast change. Lot less alteration than Addict to carry the tune.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Flopsy posted:

New Angel Dust song just dropped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr1itWFugW0

I can definitely see why they went with the cast change. Lot less alteration than Addict to carry the tune.

Still a shame we lost Michael Kovach but I honestly like this a lot

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
https://x.com/HazbinHotel/status/1744913252923150457?s=20

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

God, I hope the show is good, partly because I like her and the teams work but also I want to see adult animation rip something popular off that isn’t just family guy.

eldomtom2
Oct 13, 2021
So the first two episodes have leaked, and having seen them, man they'll be incomprehensible to anyone who hasn't seen the pilot - and they actually retcon some parts of the pilot to make things more confusing.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

eldomtom2 posted:

So the first two episodes have leaked, and having seen them, man they'll be incomprehensible to anyone who hasn't seen the pilot - and they actually retcon some parts of the pilot to make things more confusing.

yeah. i was sorta worried about that. i feel like they should have kinda "reamade" and polished up another pilot episode to start the show off. feels like the exact opposite of HB pilot issues.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jan 10, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Though HB didn’t really redo its pilot either when it went to series (in fact I think the only major change in between was that Millie and Stolas got new VAs).

But yeah, considering it’s been a couple years since the pilot released I would have assumed Hazbin would have more or less started from scratch given the premise

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Larryb posted:

Though HB didn’t really redo its pilot either when it went to series (in fact I think the only major change in between was that Millie and Stolas got new VAs).

But yeah, considering it’s been a couple years since the pilot released I would have assumed Hazbin would have more or less started from scratch given the premise

my point was more. watching the HB pilot kinda gives you a skewed perspective on the show. with this. it sounds like its partly needed for it to fully click. id obviously have to watch it first.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

eldomtom2 posted:

What parts got retconned?

eldomtom2
Oct 13, 2021

Flopsy posted:

What parts got retconned?

Main thing IIRC is that Lilith has been missing for seven years, while Charlie calls her in the pilot.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So what do you mean by this is basically incomprehensible if you haven’t seen the pilot ? Does it not start the story from the beginning or something?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

eldomtom2 posted:

Main thing IIRC is that Lilith has been missing for seven years, while Charlie calls her in the pilot.

Eh, that can kinda be worked in as a desperation kinda thing I reckon. I meant's not game breaking or anything.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Flopsy posted:

Eh, that can kinda be worked in as a desperation kinda thing I reckon. I meant's not game breaking or anything.

Considering Lilith doesn't answer, and it seems like she and Charlie haven't talked in a while at all, I agree.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

Considering Lilith doesn't answer, and it seems like she and Charlie haven't talked in a while at all, I agree.

Considering it sounds like the number is out of order as well it comes across as a little ritual Charlie does to comfort herself more than an actual attempt to reach out. So yeah a little wonky but generally not terrible. I've read summaries for the three episodes as well and even though it's through the lens of someone who went there purely to hate them they sound fine tbh.

The funniest take I've read is Valentino being a whiny fuckboi and not threatening enough and like; those two things are not mutually exclusive? Dude is threatening to Angel specifically because he's his employer. To others especially after the introduction of actual sins he's mainly a lame rear end poser.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jan 11, 2024

eldomtom2
Oct 13, 2021

Larryb posted:

So what do you mean by this is basically incomprehensible if you haven’t seen the pilot ? Does it not start the story from the beginning or something?
It starts where the pilot left off, there's no attempt to retell the events of the pilot.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

eldomtom2 posted:

It starts where the pilot left off, there's no attempt to retell the events of the pilot.

Huh, considering the pilot came out in 2019 that seems like a weird move

That aside what did you think of the show overall based on the leaked episodes, is it quite on the level of HB in terms of quality so far?

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Song clips are making their way to youtube, love what I've heard so far.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
drat why does this have to be on Prime Video

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Has to be on somewhere and YouTube ain't gonna cut it for a big studio production.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Hazbin/Helluva is a bit of a rough fandom to be in sometimes because I'm just looking for other people to do character examination and theorize with and there's just venom every loving where. It does get a little funny sometimes ngl.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Has to be on somewhere and YouTube ain't gonna cut it for a big studio production.

Though HB could still push the limit in terms of spectacle when it wanted to (the recent Stolas music video for example) so I’ll be curious to see how much grander Hazbin will be visually with a full studio backing

Also once the show premieres do we have any idea how often new episodes are going to come out (I’m finally buying a Prime subscription exclusively for this series so I’m not sure how it normally works)?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jan 12, 2024

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Flopsy posted:

Hazbin/Helluva is a bit of a rough fandom to be in sometimes because I'm just looking for other people to do character examination and theorize with and there's just venom every loving where. It does get a little funny sometimes ngl.

It can depend wildly on the particular spaces you're in, def one of those cases where an insidious hatedom makes talking about it anywhere a minefield where a mention will set off some psychotic rant about something they've clearly decided to hate against all reason.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It can depend wildly on the particular spaces you're in, def one of those cases where an insidious hatedom makes talking about it anywhere a minefield where a mention will set off some psychotic rant about something they've clearly decided to hate against all reason.

Twitter and Tumblr are right out. Honestly this is the calmest and sanest place to talk about this stuff I've ever been. Interestingly I've been reading professional critic reviews of the show and it's mixed bag of course. But I'd almost forgotten what a normal person critiquing something is like because I just found myself nodding and agreeing instead of feeling defensive. The genuine obsession and rage is just so baffling to me. Like I just wanna enjoy my funny hell cartoon not read a loving screed on why I'm a racist and bad person now Jesus Christ.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Flopsy posted:

Twitter and Tumblr are right out. Honestly this is the calmest and sanest place to talk about this stuff I've ever been. Interestingly I've been reading professional critic reviews of the show and it's mixed bag of course. But I'd almost forgotten what a normal person critiquing something is like because I just found myself nodding and agreeing instead of feeling defensive. The genuine obsession and rage is just so baffling to me. Like I just wanna enjoy my funny hell cartoon not read a loving screed on why I'm a racist and bad person now Jesus Christ.

yeah. I am curious what the reviews are saying. i assume the humor is a sticking point. I feel like if you havent watched helluva boss or the pilot, the tone will also be weird for people. reading a couple reviews, the more negative ones didnt watch helluva boss. which shouldnt be a prerequistie obviously but it helps

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jan 12, 2024

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. I am curious what the reviews are saying. i assume the humor is a sticking point. I feel like if you havent watched helluva boss or the pilot, the tone will also be weird for people. reading a couple reviews, the more negative ones didnt watch helluva boss. which shouldnt be a prerequistie obviously but it helps

About what you would expect. Some love it some are confused on what note Viv is trying to strike and think the cussing is excessive and the humor is immature. Just pretty much what one would expect but even then the naysayers feel it vastly improved as the series went on and that they just want the characters to get more development.

Also animations and musical numbers getting high marks across the board. It's very different from the usual Alastor as a concept is racist, Charlie is a moron, the art is bad, the music/voices suck, obsessing how it's not like their favorite fanfic (yes this last one is VERY REAL)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I haven't seen any of the episodes yet, but someone uploaded the little Vox/Alastor duet and it's quite a fun time. So far the music I've heard from the show, that song, Poison and Charlie's Happy Day in Hell song are all pretty excellent. And I'm someone who did not like the songs in the pilot and was not looking forward to the show being a musical with multiple numbers per episode. But if they're all this good, I'll happily be wrong.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Macaluso posted:

I haven't seen any of the episodes yet, but someone uploaded the little Vox/Alastor duet and it's quite a fun time. So far the music I've heard from the show, that song, Poison and Charlie's Happy Day in Hell song are all pretty excellent. And I'm someone who did not like the songs in the pilot and was not looking forward to the show being a musical with multiple numbers per episode. But if they're all this good, I'll happily be wrong.

Helluva Boss was technically a musical too though it didn’t have a song every episode (and both of them have a lot of the trappings of a Disney production only with more vulgarity)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Flopsy posted:

About what you would expect. Some love it some are confused on what note Viv is trying to strike and think the cussing is excessive and the humor is immature. Just pretty much what one would expect but even then the naysayers feel it vastly improved as the series went on and that they just want the characters to get more development.

Also animations and musical numbers getting high marks across the board. It's very different from the usual Alastor as a concept is racist, Charlie is a moron, the art is bad, the music/voices suck, obsessing how it's not like their favorite fanfic (yes this last one is VERY REAL)

lol. sounds about right and what i thought. ill enjoy it.

also new fun weird drama.

some youtube dude spent 50k on a soft core Charlie and himself animation.
https://twitter.com/OOCWesternR34/status/1745531931440169412
also he is a chud
https://twitter.com/Deathraptor6/status/1745553913523101841

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

also he is a chud
https://twitter.com/Deathraptor6/status/1745553913523101841

Welp. I can't claim to understand it but I hope it got him wherever the gently caress he was going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol. sounds about right and what i thought. ill enjoy it.

Is it an official animation or done by an outside studio with no respect for copyright?

Watching it, I'm guess it was _not_ done by VivziePop. But creators have done weirder poo poo for patreon paypigs.