Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I wish nobody had bombs ever again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

Every line of this is like the hardest poo poo I've ever heard.

quote:

Do the Americans, the British, and the Zionists expect that any hostile action against Yemen will distract us from defending Gaza?

We swear, if we turn into atoms scattered in the air, we will not leave Gaza, and we will continue to target Zionist ships and those going to it. We will confront America, kneel it down, and burn its battleships and all its bases and everyone who cooperates with it, no matter what the cost. We will not leave #غزة and let the great war break out. We are its people and its men.

To our family, our brothers, our sons, and our fathers in #غزة we are with you, you are not alone, our blood is shed for you, and we are with you until the breath is cut off.

God refuses us submission and humiliation while your blood is shed. What will God say to us on the day we meet Him?
You failed Gaza
No, by God, we will not let her down, no matter what the cost

The world must prepare to hear America's defeat, and I say it with all pride: We will tread on America with our feet, and whoever does not know us, the battlefields will know about our strength and strength.

We will not warn, nor will we threaten. Stay tuned for what soothes your chests

He is God

I'm guessing "strength and strength" is a machine translation error and it's meant to be "strength and resilience" or "power" or something along those lines.

Dukemont
Aug 17, 2005
chocolate microscopes
harden your hearts, ansarallah
increase your attacks

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

is it really kicking off? Because the US/UK launched attacks against an anti-genocide blockade?

Funniest thing was first the US tried to do “prosperity guardian” and couldn’t protect ships at all, but they can drop bombs!

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1745598952693461040

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Now would be a really good time for Djibouti to do something about that US naval base.

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news
if theres one thing that will surely ensure american hegemony going forward, its opening up a new front in the 2 front proxy war and getting involved directly. no consequences to this whatsoever.

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Fast Luck posted:

is it really kicking off? Because the US/UK launched attacks against an anti-genocide blockade?

Funniest thing was first the US tried to do “prosperity guardian” and couldn’t protect ships at all, but they can drop bombs!

looks like it

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://x.com/EyesOnSouth1/status/1745599652487995778?s=20

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

if theres one thing that will surely ensure american hegemony going forward, its opening up a new front in the 2 front proxy war and getting involved directly. no consequences to this whatsoever.

yep, ww3 is on and the world will win

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

god drat that’s hard as hell

they have more heart than any westerner

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

infinite respect to ansarallah and the palestinians

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

dont mention the war that we just wrapped up with these guys and lost btw it'll go better this time now we spent our bombs in ukraine

Mandel Brotset posted:

yep, ww3 is on and the world will win

i wonder if the prelude to WW1 and 2 felt quite this insanely stupid

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I'm curious about the timing here. Rushing to intervene before Israel gets found guilty of genocide because then they couldn't get away with it?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

https://twitter.com/YE_abutaleb/status/1745596388426056099

"Yes, we are under bombardment, but we are not at all in danger. Rather, we are the very danger to America, Israel, Britain, and all the tyrants on this planet."

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

not so sure about the curse on the jews part but hey ho

Read your own dang link

Ali al-Bukhayti, the spokesperson and official media face of the Houthis, rejected the literal interpretation of the slogan by stating in an interview: "We do not really want death to anyone. The slogan is simply against the interference of those governments [i.e., U.S. and Israel]."

Ringo Roadagain posted:

the uk and the us coup’d the actually good leader Iran had in the 50s, right?

CIA for BP. Mossadegh was his name.

Jaxyon posted:

is there anything to the whole "hamas leadership sitting fat on billions in Qatar" thing?

They have a large investment portfolio, although I think it is more like 'hundreds of millions'. This is a normal thing governments have. It is not owned by the leadership and judging from photos it is not significantly spent on them.

Mandel Brotset posted:

they’ve been doing that for months already and they engaged an entire carrier group on tuesday lol

e: but I suppose you meant commercial traffic

The recent attack on the carrier group was I believe the first direct attack on war ships they have made.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

God drat these dudes are hard

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

I'm curious about the timing here. Rushing to intervene before Israel gets found guilty of genocide because then they couldn't get away with it?

on a more specific level (like, hours), it is probably timed to make it onto the evening news in the US, when more people are watching television.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Mister Bates posted:

on a more specific level (like, hours), it is probably timed to make it onto the evening news in the US, when more people are watching television.

just before the taiwan elections too

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

KomradeX posted:

God drat these dudes are hard

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

ansar-allah ftw

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

infinite respect to ansarallah and the palestinians

dont mention the war that we just wrapped up with these guys and lost btw it'll go better this time now we spent our bombs in ukraine

i wonder if the prelude to WW1 and 2 felt quite this insanely stupid

The leadup to WW1 was treated as a borderline bumbling farce until poo poo exploded. The leadup to WW2 was much more morose

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

Weka posted:

Read your own dang link

Ali al-Bukhayti, the spokesperson and official media face of the Houthis, rejected the literal interpretation of the slogan by stating in an interview: "We do not really want death to anyone. The slogan is simply against the interference of those governments [i.e., U.S. and Israel]."

that reads as being about the "death to america, death to israel" part, not the "curse on the jews" bit :shrug:

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

President Xi the time is ripe to take back what is yours

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Fast Luck posted:

any genocide verdict would be years away. this shows that (a) the disruption to shipping has become intolerable, and (b) they aren't expecting israel to pull back (and aren't pressuring them to do so)

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

The US found a new rock to bash its head against. What a loving cruel joke of a country America is

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

President Xi the time is ripe to take back what is yours

Tie me to a missile and fire me at Taipei, i am ready

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

why are the sailors (the ones helping out bomb yemen) wearing these weird full body white suits? seems incredibly bizarre, why do you need everything to be white (its not like you're getting nuked), and white gloves and a face mask and something covering your hair?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

HallelujahLee posted:

ansar-allah ftw

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

the UK attacking Yemen in order to keep shipping prices on sex arses low, sad but unsurprising

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

why are the sailors (the ones helping out bomb yemen) wearing these weird full body white suits? seems incredibly bizarre, why do you need everything to be white (its not like you're getting nuked), and white gloves and a face mask and something covering your hair?

It's anti flash protection.

Sailors on warships, historically, were badly burned by the initial flash of explosions in close quarters, and so protective gear protects them from that in combat.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

covid

probably can't get people to wear a mask right without making it a full body outfit

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Frosted Flake posted:

Sailors on warships, historically, were badly burned by the initial flash of explosions in close quarters, and so protective gear protects them from that in combat.

oh lol

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Every line of this is like the hardest poo poo I've ever heard.

I'm guessing "strength and strength" is a machine translation error and it's meant to be "strength and resilience" or "power" or something along those lines.

god drat that’s actually probably the hardest poo poo I’ve ever heard too

god drat

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

They're preparing to get smoked.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

They're preparing to get smoked.

:hmmyes:

I never know when people are asking in passing or actually want to know what happens to people when a warship is struck by a projectile so that's the simplest explanation.

I have the flash tables and damage reports somewhere around here, but flash was a serious cause of wounds in the First World War, before it was better understood.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 01:42 on Jan 12, 2024

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Frosted Flake posted:

that thin looking white garment makes a big difference for that? It seems surprising to have a full body thin fabric covering and nothing over your eyes. Should they be wearing that stuff in WW2 naval movies, but it just looks too dumb?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I'm not sure if I've seen pics of the USN using flash protection like that for my whole life. I don't think there's even been a point in time since the Vietnam War when it looked like the USN would get shot at.

FuzzySlippers posted:

that thin looking white garment makes a big difference for that? It seems surprising to have a full body thin fabric covering and nothing over your eyes. Should they be wearing that stuff in WW2 naval movies, but it just looks too dumb?

White color is a reflective surface for light. The purpose is to guard your skin from overexposure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
Turns out Star Trek is correct and being hit makes random panels inside ships explode