Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

wandler20 posted:

We're supposed to be below -50 wind chill over the weekend. Not excited for that.

Ahh, past the Celsius intersection. Fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I’m going to the beach tomorrow suck it nerds

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Well I’m going to Victorville

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

It is somehow going to be colder here than it is in the mountains over the weekend.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

dark chocolate peanut butter cups from trader joes are better than regular reeses

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Leperflesh posted:

dark chocolate peanut butter cups from trader joes are better than regular reeses

The ones in the big tub are different than the ones in the 9-pack small bag, have you noticed? Big tub are superior

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

i've only gotten the big tub so I did not know that but it validates my gluttony so I'll happily repeat it

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

kiimo posted:

I disagree, he was pulling his "black people, amirite?" bullshit at the KC Star way back in the 90s. Also I met him several times back then, and more importantly was his server at my restaurant a bunch of times and can confirm he was garbage back then, too.

Posnanski hates him.

I used to visit that chiefs planet site where drunks had all caps flame wars and got told to eat bags to dicks for daring suggest Brodie Croyle wasn't the answer, but anyway they would argue about that Whitlock dude a lot and all i remember of him is he kept talking about Jeff George for some reason. I haven't been there for years since i can read the KC star.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Fat Jesus posted:

I used to visit that chiefs planet site where drunks had all caps flame wars and got told to eat bags to dicks for daring suggest Brodie Croyle wasn't the answer, but anyway they would argue about that Whitlock dude a lot and all i remember of him is he kept talking about Jeff George for some reason. I haven't been there for years since i can read the KC star.

Cmon man they didn't say that.

They absolutely told you to drink antifreeze and fall out of the AIDS tree. It's CP-specific.

And yeah Whitlock kept clamoring for someone to give Jeff George a chance well into Jeff's late 40s

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

kiimo posted:

Cmon man they didn't say that.

They absolutely told you to drink antifreeze and fall out of the AIDS tree. It's CP-specific.

And yeah Whitlock kept clamoring for someone to give Jeff George a chance well into Jeff's late 40s

haha yeah I remember that. TBF some were pretty informative but lol

'Die in a fire fuelled by wood from an AIDS tree' was one I remember now, it's all coming back. I think I'll go outside now

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

BTW Whitlock still posts on Chiefs Planet to give you an idea of the kind of posters that haven't been kicked off that site yet. The politics lounge is an absolute tire fire of a subforum.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://x.com/WhitlockJason/status/1649372549115936768?s=20

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Good god I remember the discussion that tweet prompted :barf:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
How much can one roll cost, rcc, ten dollars?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

I disagree, he was pulling his "black people, amirite?" bullshit at the KC Star way back in the 90s. Also I met him several times back then, and more importantly was his server at my restaurant a bunch of times and can confirm he was garbage back then, too.

Posnanski hates him.

Yeah when I said 'off but funny' I should have emphasized the off part. And maybe put kinda funny in instead. Definitely wasn't my cup of tea exactly.

But he was nothing compared to what he is now is what I was getting at, and he did for a while really have some funny guests on his various shows or whatever. Those days are long gone.

e: like when he was just doing Tr-INT jokes and doing his knockoff Bill Simmons act he was fine. That was fine. I could live with that even if I didn't love it.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jan 12, 2024

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

kiimo posted:

The politics lounge is an absolute tire fire of a subforum.

But enough about CSPAM!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have never thought of the similarities between Whitlock and Eatdatpussy before

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Oh man, would Eatdatpussy be considered a proto-milkshake duck.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

a sexual elk posted:

Well I’m going to Victorville

Go hang out at George AFB for me. I haven't been there in a long time.

Just bring a good flashlight and watch out for the meth squatters.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Can’t remember if I’ve crowdsourced this in here, but my kid had a class project a while back where everyone is randomly assigned on of the states to do a report on, and she got South Dakota, which has now instilled an interest in her to visit this summer, but not with any more idea of what to actually visit there. Off the top of my head there’s Mt Rushmore, the Crazy Horse monument, the Corn Palace, and gently caress all else to do. Anybody got some great South Dakota vacation thoughts?

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Don’t think the wife will go for it on our first date night in a year, but I’ll throw it out there as an option haha

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Thaddius the Large posted:

Can’t remember if I’ve crowdsourced this in here, but my kid had a class project a while back where everyone is randomly assigned on of the states to do a report on, and she got South Dakota, which has now instilled an interest in her to visit this summer, but not with any more idea of what to actually visit there. Off the top of my head there’s Mt Rushmore, the Crazy Horse monument, the Corn Palace, and gently caress all else to do. Anybody got some great South Dakota vacation thoughts?

My mom has always wanted to go to the Black Hills.

Or take her to Sturgis lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

swickles posted:

Nah the milkshake duck meme predates his pedo poo poo by quite a bit I think

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Basically just hanging out in the Black Hills is about it. There's all kinds of fun tourist poo poo to do there. I'm actually heading to Deadwood this weekend for some gambling and drinking. There is a pretty fun train ride that goes through the mountains. Sylvan Lake is pretty cool. Just don't go during the beginning of August because of the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. That's hell.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Badlands is rad as hell. Last time I went a storm rolled in, so all of the formations were backgrounded by these massive clouds… then the lightning started :black101:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Black Hills is the best part. Badlands NP is fairly close to that plus a missile silo and of course Wall Drug. All that stuff is on the west side of the state. The east side has Sioux Falls I guess? The center of the state is farms farms farms.

You could potentially head up to North Dakota and go to Theodore Roosevelt NP and go to Wyoming to for Devils Tower.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Bird in a Blender posted:

Black Hills is the best part. Badlands NP is fairly close to that plus a missile silo and of course Wall Drug. All that stuff is on the west side of the state. The east side has Sioux Falls I guess? The center of the state is farms farms farms.

You could potentially head up to North Dakota and go to Theodore Roosevelt NP and go to Wyoming to for Devils Tower.

Devils Tower is super close to the Black Hills and worth a quick drive over to. I live 30 miles from Theodore Roosevelt NP and I don't think it's worth the 3+ hour drive from the Black Hills. It's cool but the Black Hills are much better. Central and Eastern SD aren't worth bothering with IMO.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Rad, probably enough in there to fill out a couple more days, thanks folks!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Rad, probably enough in there to fill out a couple more days, thanks folks!

Spearfish canyon is a fun drive with some cool waterfalls you can walk to. Also lots of fun streams to stop and hang out by and eat lunch.

Edit: Oh yeah and Needles Highway is awesome.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The Badlands is absolutely beautiful. You can also stop at Wall Drug so you can finally say "so this is Wall Drug, what's the big drat deal?"

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
We have remote learning today instead of a fun snow day AND it's probably going to just rain since I'm close to the lake in Chicagoland

My poor kid will never get the joy of a true snow day

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

You can do a pretty neat loop of Badlands, devil's tower, jewel cave national monument, crazy horse, mt Rushmore, Custer state park, and wind cave natl park.

Jewel cave has an absolutely insane tour I did not do where you have to fit through a 24 inch by 8.5 inch opening, and had a little concrete block to try it out on outside. I started panicking just looking at it
Here's a bad pic I took of the sign a decade ago. Sadly all the tours were booked up, but I did do one at wind cave

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jan 12, 2024

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

trevorreznik posted:

We have remote learning today instead of a fun snow day AND it's probably going to just rain since I'm close to the lake in Chicagoland

My poor kid will never get the joy of a true snow day

This is terrible. I distinctly remember several snow days growing up. "Core memories" or whatever they're calling it these days?

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Just turn his computer off and throw him outside

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

My daughter’s school district has started doing early dismissal or outright elearning days for loving thunderstorms. In the south. :psyboom:

I don’t know how anyone is expected to work ever, and we are fortunate to have my wife working from home and I have a fairly unusual schedule with lots of weekdays off. Still a loving nightmare.

This is in addition to the minimum of one holiday per month, an additional teacher workday and another early dismissal with no aftercare programs.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

swickles posted:

Wait what happened with EDP :ohdear:

Intruder posted:

Nah the milkshake duck meme predates his pedo poo poo by quite a bit I think

Oh Jesus what the gently caress

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Wait what happened with EDP :ohdear:

he disappeared and people keep saying pedo stuff as to the why. I don't really want to know any more then that.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kalli posted:

he disappeared and people keep saying pedo stuff as to the why. I don't really want to know any more then that.

No me gusta.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Kalli posted:

Some YouTube channel that ran their own version of To Catch A Predator ran a sting and he was "caught." Since they weren't cops he wasn't arrested but it was all published and yeah, reputation is hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Mt. Rushmore & Crazy Horse are kind of touristy but I still enjoyed visiting it.