Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uObGyE-lwJY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dokapon Findom posted:

For some of the celebrities, they get as much thrill hanging out with the mob guys as the mob guys get from them having them around. Also it's a safe, low-key private environment where your needs will be attended to regardless of legality.

Yeah, I'm not sure how it could be simpler. It's a high stakes poker game. Was it probably bigger in Johnny and Junior's day? Sure, everything about the mob was. And some folks do feel there's a cachet in "oooh, I'm playing poker with the Mafia!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Few questions about my favorite arc with Davey Scatino:
-if he’d magically obtained $45k within 24 hours of leaving the game, would he be square with Tony or would the vig still apply?

While this has already been answered, I'll make the other observation that this was never, ever, ever going to happen. Because if Davey had won 45k within 24 hours of leaving the game, he would have immediately lost it all assuming he could double those winnings and not only pay Tony back what he owed but come out ahead... why he'd be a fool NOT to ride that winning streak!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Dawgstar posted:

And some folks do feel there's a cachet in "oooh, I'm playing poker with the Mafia!"

I used to know a lawyer who claimed to have played in a few motorcycle enthusiast games.

He also said one night he got up big and then had to lose a bunch of hands on purpose because he was worried about getting his rear end kicked afterwards. It didn't sound like much fun to me.

Another Bill fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jan 8, 2024

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Tony quidprano posted:

My issue with it is that it's built up within the show as this high take enterprise. Meanwhile there's like 5-6 mob guys there for three guys, one of which is Frank Sinatra Jr who is probably there to impress and drag in the other guys. It seems very small time for the amount of high level guys involved, and that's before the fact that Roberts Patrick's character really wasn't supposed to be involved. People obviously disagree though so I could be completely in the wrong 🤷🏼‍♂️
My very fuzzy memory says someone in the show once mentioned the house take for one game session was something like $30000 or $40000? That’s kind of high profit for two days.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

My very fuzzy memory says someone in the show once mentioned the house take for one game session was something like $30000 or $40000? That’s kind of high profit for two days.

Yeah, it's worth the time. The amount of guys they had there running it was maybe unrealistic, but they needed to be there for story reasons.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah, it's worth the time. The amount of guys they had there running it was maybe unrealistic, but they needed to be there for story reasons.

Sil apparently had to buy into it when he complains some of it came out of his pocket and it's funny to think that means either Paulie broke even or they just charge Sil extra because of his, ah, behavior at the gaming table.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Real lack of standahds, your generation.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

we need to cut our dependence on foreign oil!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
What in the actual gently caress.

https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1744361128220627273?s=46&t=wNf75G2WiIjbMjBMYW-m7Q

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Finally!

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UkheE56-fA

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

It's called tiktok T. Kids post videos on it, a few seconds to a minute long. It's like the Vine, but it's from China. My buddy's cousin Gary got, what, a million views? Made ten G's in sponsaships. It's a gold mine.

(rest of the ep is Chris and Paulie trying to figure out how to make a reaction video)

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

as some of you already know, I have nine profiles under my subspecies

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Whatever happened to hbo? The two-minute intro type

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

The copy of Sopranos I watched years ago had the "last time on the Sopranos" bumper on In Camelot and it was very lol-worthy, showing the events of Sentimental Education overlaid with super-serious music totally uncharacteristic to the action specifically or the episode generally

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Hyrax Attack! posted:

What did Tony mean that if Davey had won, Tony would be singing the blues? Wasn’t all the money at stake from the players with the house taking a rake no matter who’s winning? Even if Davey had somehow busted out the other players & repaid Tony, Tony wouldn’t have taken a loss like if they were running blackjack or roulette.

He wouldn't have any leverage to bust him out.

Spider and the scorpion, you know?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

HBO is running a season per day and im watching season 5 today and noticed how small agent Frank Cubitosos office is in Long Term Parcking compared to the one he had in season 2. Guess he got downsized and some war on terror agent got the bigger one.

Also anyone ever considered that Tony had that car dump the bag of money into the bushes that That Animal Blundetto found? Give him a taste of money knowing he'd blow it and come crawling back. Anyway you never pondered that? The money bag thing with Notre Dame?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Always with the extreme scenarios.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Take it easy. We're not making a Western here.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Double post, but:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1744959289133855005

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

In Czech Republic too we love posts

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
https://x.com/timduffy/status/1745108855674008043?s=46

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Making the same exact face in his avatar

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Carm.

Carmela.

Carmela, can you please shut the door?

Carmela can you SHUT THE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR?!!?

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Well, look who's decided to join us. And with that breath!

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

There's a couple new deleted scenes up on HBOMax for the 25th anniversary. The most interesting one is from Kennedy and Heidi before the car accident. Tony and Carm show up to Chris and Kelly's house to invite them on the Stugotz and see that they're having a party for their neighbors and friends. Chris is telling some Hollywood story and freaks out when he sees Tony standing there. They briefly talk about Phil refusing to let them dump the asbestos at his landfill which sets up the meeting in NY later. Tony and Carm leave and T throws a fit in the car about not being invited to the party and about Family. Chris is upset about Tony finding out he has other friends and says how unlike him they're actually supportive of his recovery then starts eating cake with his hands.

Prob the best of all the deleted scenes I've seen for the show and adds another layer to Tony suffocating Chris later in the episode. Check it out if you have HBO.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah, that actually sounds good. Most of the other deleted scenes were unnecessary or redundant.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

banned from Starbucks posted:

There's a couple new deleted scenes up on HBOMax for the 25th anniversary. The most interesting one is from Kennedy and Heidi before the car accident. Tony and Carm show up to Chris and Kelly's house to invite them on the Stugotz and see that they're having a party for their neighbors and friends. Chris is telling some Hollywood story and freaks out when he sees Tony standing there. They briefly talk about Phil refusing to let them dump the asbestos at his landfill which sets up the meeting in NY later. Tony and Carm leave and T throws a fit in the car about not being invited to the party and about Family. Chris is upset about Tony finding out he has other friends and says how unlike him they're actually supportive of his recovery then starts eating cake with his hands.

Prob the best of all the deleted scenes I've seen for the show and adds another layer to Tony suffocating Chris later in the episode. Check it out if you have HBO.

Ah, dammit. Seeing that scene alone is gonna be worth the $10 for HBOMax.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

*screeching voice*

AJ!!!

WE ARE NOT RUNNING A HOTEL HEAH!!!

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Chrissy: We're looking at the Quayke engine, it has real time lighting but the system reqyarments might be too high.

Tony: Oh yeah?

Chrissy: Sil was also saying they were reaching out to John Romero, one of us, that has this engine where they go from gatting cybernetic frogs and end on the beaches in Miami. And they have real artists working for them.

Tony: I heard from Paulie the floreda cigarette vans haven't shown up this week.

Chrissy: Yeah little Paulie is filling up his van with voodoos and D-RAMs down there, he should be here, coupla days.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Puss and some goons show up to PC Gamer's offices to break a bunch of CRTs until they agree to put their game on a demo disk.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Tony grabbing Romero by the lapels so angry he's smiling: "You're gonna make... who your bitch?"

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Anybody else got a problem wid Webistics?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It's our pick of the week.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Dawgstar posted:

Tony grabbing Romero by the lapels so angry he's smiling: "You're gonna make... who your bitch?"

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Dawgstar posted:

meanwhile Paulie, transfixed by a poster from Doom II can only repeat "SA-TANIC BLACK MAGIC" over and over

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

As much as my instinct is to dump on anyone doing parody dialogue it's still better than TMSoN :shrug:

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I enjoy all of the posts ITT.

It isn’t often you can still be talking about a show seventeen years past the airdate of the last episode. Even if a lot of it is just quotes and parody quotes, because it’s the single funniest show ever, that wasn’t actually a comedy.

e: I do admit to bumping the thread with just a show quote from time to time, to keep it current. Heh heh heh.

MrMojok fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jan 14, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

MrMojok posted:

It isn’t often you can still be talking about a show seventeen years past the airdate of the last episode. Even if a lot of it is just quotes and parody quotes, because it’s the single funniest show ever, that wasn’t actually a comedy.

e: I do admit to bumping the thread with just a show quote from time to time, to keep it current. Heh heh heh.

Ya know, Quasimodo predicted all this stuff.