Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
i got your mom's phone number, how'dya like them apples

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Zetsubou-san posted:

As i stated in previous posts

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Macintosh apples are pretty dope imo but everyone I know seems to hate them

mystes
May 31, 2006

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Macintosh apples are pretty dope imo but everyone I know seems to hate them
they're only good within a few days of picking and most people have probably never had a fresh one so instead everyone just argues about which of the lovely apples with a longer shelf like they like the most

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Zetsubou-san posted:

NEGATORY!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I dispute whether this is one of America's best pics

For starters, that guy is from perth

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah but the screenshot was made in America!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

mystes posted:

they're only good within a few days of picking and most people have probably never had a fresh one so instead everyone just argues about which of the lovely apples with a longer shelf like they like the most

Counterpoint my neighbors had a few of those as trees and they fuckin sucked at any time. Their mom really only used them to make pies and jams.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Mr. Lobe posted:

I dispute whether this is one of America's best pics

For starters, that guy is from perth

Australia is just upside down America.

mystes
May 31, 2006

CainFortea posted:

Counterpoint my neighbors had a few of those as trees and they fuckin sucked at any time. Their mom really only used them to make pies and jams.
that sounds like a problem with those trees

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Minotaurus Rex posted:

Man that takes me back

No kidding. I have the original flash version somewhere on a hard drive.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."
I will always love these. What was the other similar series around that same time? The characters had rounded bodies and a simple 't' shape for a face, and there was a steady escalation in their weaponry.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Ommin posted:

I will always love these. What was the other similar series around that same time? The characters had rounded bodies and a simple 't' shape for a face, and there was a steady escalation in their weaponry.

Madness Combat, perhaps? That one went places. Very weird, early internet sorts of places, but places nontheless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1aubPfepmg

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Ommin posted:

It's funny cause this video shows a deeper level of understanding and knowledge on how to do fighty action sequences than a lot of big budget movies, or other genres that often have fighty action sequences in them.

I mean, dragon ball is known entirely for being all about the fighting and that video has better choreography than the entire franchise put together.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Perestroika posted:

Madness Combat, perhaps? That one went places. Very weird, early internet sorts of places, but places nontheless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1aubPfepmg
That's the one! Thank you.

CainFortea posted:

It's funny cause this video shows a deeper level of understanding and knowledge on how to do fighty action sequences than a lot of big budget movies, or other genres that often have fighty action sequences in them.

I mean, dragon ball is known entirely for being all about the fighting and that video has better choreography than the entire franchise put together.
Absolutely! The choreography was always the highlight for me. I don't know anything about the creator but I always hoped they used it as a demo reel to get more work, because they definitely have an eye for it.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

mystes posted:

that sounds like a problem with those trees
No True Macintosh.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Stavva, Bagga 288, Neil Overall, Gary ‘Cheesy’ Cheeseman, who had a very big head – the sniper’s dream, we used to call him.

The fact that this man's stories are always true is amazing. The loving dentistry thing is insanity.

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

CainFortea posted:

Sometimes Corridor on YouTube have stuntmen in and they show reels they've made for their portfolios, and the editing is always incredible.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

rydiafan posted:

The fact that this man's stories are always true is amazing. The loving dentistry thing is insanity.

Yeah David Mitchell's thing about "he's going to say some insane thing and then whether or not it's true will be entirely a coin toss" is accurate. The one about him spying through the window of the local witch's house in particular.

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice

I'm in that same shitposting group and I'm loving this trend

Roundabout
Oct 31, 2006
It's Crumbelievable!

This is some high quality stuff. They don't make 'em like they used to.

Data Graham posted:

A friend of mine is going down a nostalgic YTMND hole and losing his poo poo afresh over the saga of Dr. Billy V Koen and Matlab

https://matlabmadness.ytmnd.com/

https://powerpolitics.ytmnd.com/

https://koensrevelations.ytmnd.com/

https://doctorkoen.ytmnd.com/

eeeeeeeee

I don't blame him, this has aged like a fine wine. The kids these days probably don't even know what matlab is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9X_FmCbrIA

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I didn’t know what Matlab was then :colbert:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Black Noise posted:

Matlab was just Gen-X Skibidi Toilet don't @ me.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Black Noise posted:

I think it's this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlYEsv_Dgrs

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

Government Handjob posted:

I'm in that same shitposting gronp and I'm loving this trend making GBS threads my whole rear end

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

You were so preoccupied when whether or not you could be the good boy, you never stopped to think if you should be the good boy.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I really thought MATLAB was some kind of proprietary software for machining parts all this time.

experienceBeej
Mar 24, 2014

Oh poo poo. Mathman was the progenitor of all of those terrible “pull the chain” mobile ads where they purposefully gently caress up the solution.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Matlab is absolutely a meme.

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

That was a nice distraction.
I got served this ad, and it shits me how badly this fits the meter

You didn't even try

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
We need Voltaire to arise from the grave to remind us that AI Art is neither AI nor Art

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

rydiafan posted:

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

Government Handjob posted:

I'm in that same shitposting group and I'm loving this trend

Half of SA has be in that group and Dune Stiechposting.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Sietch :mad:

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Sietch, please

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Bed, Bath, and Roy Orbison

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

Splicer posted:

Thanks for the dopamine

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Roundabout posted:

This is some high quality stuff. They don't make 'em like they used to.

I don't blame him, this has aged like a fine wine. The kids these days probably don't even know what matlab is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9X_FmCbrIA

This is great but they forgot to colorkey everything blue and then crank down the brightness a ton. 8/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Splicer posted:

whoa