Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
it was actually Kojima who bust into the CDProjekt studio with a crossbow and demanded to be put in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

And that, is Sekiro completed. All bosses best ending. I get it now, what people say about that final boss. May be my favorite fight in any video game ever. I'm glad I learned from doing NPCs blind in DS3 and got the good ending, I hope I'm not alone in saying all these characters really really grew on me, even the villains, but especially Kuro. I was happy to get a good end for them all even if it was bittersweet at best. I know it can be a lot worse in these games.

21 attempts for sword saint, final one ended with 8 chugs and all resurrections left. What an incredible feeling.

It does mean tho that the true hardest boss for me in this game was the moonview tower spear guy who got me at least 30 times.

I was worried I wouldnt like this because it is shorn of so much of what I love about Souls games, but it is very much it's own thing and scratches an itch I didnt know I had. I already want to go into NG+.

I will need to give it some more thought before I can really say much more, but I think what is the biggest surprise to me through to the end was that, despite how undeniably hard this game is, of all the From games I have played I have never felt more like they WANTED me to do this. You must engage with these systems but they are extremely forgiving, prosthetics fill almost any gap you like but are optional, the buffs are extremely powerful and you can use them freely because you get so much, you are guided step by step to a brutal culmination and never denied the tools or knowledge you need to get there.

Incredibly satisfying, I'd say it is tied with Elden Ring in my rankings at the top and I cant image any other character action or whatever genre game this is coming close.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

gj guy, now again but harder, 8+ times

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Buck Wildman posted:

I just did DS3, DS2, and Sekiro all in a row first playthroughs. I need something less intense lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Epic High Five posted:

Incredibly satisfying, I'd say it is tied with Elden Ring in my rankings at the top and I cant image any other character action or whatever genre game this is coming close.

Epic High Five posted:

There's no colossal weapons in Sekiro, It's insane to me that anybody wants to play it. Like I guess it can validate buying 30 katanas from fly by night websites? But as a game it's just DDR but instead of kpop it's got a huge snake

edit - also you just parry everything but it's really lazy, like you do the same against a weakling with a dagger to a 3 story tall monster hammering you with its fist. Lazy!

Epic High Five posted:

Sekiro exists to reveal who among the "git gud" brigade actually just ground out levels instead of getting good and are actually way more pathetic than those who realized they weren't any good at the game and bailed

Epic High Five posted:

Sekiro is just a game for people who are too bad to play proper rhythm games but arent willing to admit it

:sickos:

Xaris has issued a correction as of 04:12 on Jan 12, 2024

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
anyways if you do want to go NG+, probably best to do it while your skills are stilled honed before hesitation sets in

i tried to do NG+ like 13 months later and got too pwned to do it. i mean i could git gud again but i also just got too many games to play

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Eventually you've gotta stop trolling and start swingin that sword. also lmao that Xaris had that ready to go. I think we're Steam buddies so you had the inside scoop.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Lol

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Buck Wildman posted:

Charmless bell runs :unsmigghh:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Epic High Five posted:

I I need something less intense lol
time for some sandrock

or lies of p

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hesitation is nothing I'm worried about, I always play these games with mindless psychotic aggression so it didn't take long to figure out how much this game rewards that. The biggest hurdle that I didn't get over until freaking Owl Father was just execution, getting my brain and hands on the same page. I don't think this will take long to pick up at all, and I'm actually interested to see how hosed up my Elden Ring muscle memory is now lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lady Butterfly is an excellent first real boss, because every single person who has trouble with her can be told the same thing - just be insanely aggressive. She has zero response to that and just crumples like wet paper. I still remember that fight and it stands out as one of my most satisfying

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the motorhead guy?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

play bloodborne now coward

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

RandolphCarter posted:

play bloodborne now coward

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Xaris posted:

time for some sandrock

or lies of p
I'm just messing about with Sekiro now and find it much more generous with deflections than Lies of P. You can make a split second decision to change from an attack to a deflect while LoP won't allow that.

I very much enjoyed it but wanted to be done by the time I reached the last area and gave up on the lightning knight boss. My favourite bosses were scrapped watchman and the green swamp monster which both had nice moments where I realised what to do and they became chumps after much struggle.

Ultimately it's the best ever mimic of From games but still just a mimic. I'd play their next game though.

snoremac has issued a correction as of 04:44 on Jan 12, 2024

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Yeah the parrying and dodging in Lies of P felt like poo poo when I tried the demo. I'll get to it eventually but it isn't a priority.

I will be finding a spot to set up my PS4 soon to play Bloodborne tho but in the meantime, something a little lighter and easier

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My sister texted me tonight to tell me the main character from Dave the Diver makes a sound that reminded her of Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures so I guess I'm doing that one soon

I'll get around to Chained Echoes eventually. I've got one night of BG3 left, then gonna do an Alan Wake playthrough on Easy which shouldn't take long. How does my list get so loving long (it's because I've been playing BG3 for like six months lol)

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

lol you love to see it

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
You should do the boss rushes they patched in later because you unlock cool poo poo which I won't spoil.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

31M facing a crisis I never expected. My girlfriend and I had plans to move to a better apartment, but I jeopardized our dream by spending our savings on Star Citizen, a video game. This incident has made me realize that I might be battling a gaming addiction and impulsive spending.

Despite her initial forgiveness and a clear agreement to not buy more in-game items for six months while replenishing our savings, I failed to stick to our plan. This breach of trust led to a major argument, especially after I refused her suggestion to sell my gaming account. Consequently, she's left, and we haven't spoken since.

This situation has hit me hard, making me see how my gaming habit has turned from a hobby into a destructive force in my life. I'm struggling with the realization that my actions have not only damaged my relationship but are also affecting my financial stability, as my credit score is now in jeopardy.

The most painful part is recognizing how much I love her and the extent of the turmoil I'm in. I'm earnestly seeking advice on how to address my addiction, and possibly salvage my relationship.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lmfao

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

my girlfriend will leave me if i buy more pictures of space ships

*sweating while looking at a picture of a space ship*

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oh one thing I did appreciate with Sword Saint was that From decided that in all of the entire game, that was going to be the one ledge you can just walk off of

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zcOUnXd-HQ

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

dunno why he thought that was a good idea

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lmfao, incredible

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Played a little bit of Pawnbarian as part of my "try new stuff that's sitting in my Steam library" initiative and I think I like it? It's a setup - roguelike card chess - that probably shouldn't work but it somehow does. Not sure why the card element needs to be there at all except I guess every new game has to be a deckbuilder or something.

It feels in the end like a simpler (but not necessarily easier) Into The Breach, which is good but mostly makes me want to play Into The Breach again.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

I gotta assume he spent, like, $6k minimum on space .jpegs if it was enough to sabotage plans to move.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The Star Citizen ships are interesting to me because there isn't even a gambling aspect.

As best I understand, these people just firmly believe that Star Citizen will be a huge deal in the future, to the extent that "having a big ship" in it will be a big deal that will give them influence in this "new world."

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/mommilph/status/1745646657440739582

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

The Star Citizen ships are interesting to me because there isn't even a gambling aspect.

As best I understand, these people just firmly believe that Star Citizen will be a huge deal in the future, to the extent that "having a big ship" in it will be a big deal that will give them influence in this "new world."

also this wonderful perfect game of your dreams won't exist unless you give them money

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Tasteful Bioshock Nipple Pasties

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

yeesh

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Fate/Samurai Remnant is one of those games I feel not enough people are talking about. It's really good.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

I tried this out some after buying it during the Steam sale and I can't decide if I like it. Does it eventually start throwing larger monster packs at you? I honestly think that was my biggest problem, it didn't have the "holy poo poo that's a lot of pixels" feeling that Diablo or Path of Exile have.

no comment. . . .

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1745651008049414512?t=2QF_-mF6lQovIoiCbrVI5w&s=19

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
seth macfarlane ftw

honestly dont understand why he gets so much hate from goons/internet

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Xaris posted:

seth macfarlane ftw

9/11

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Apparently it's more that they'd have to rework so much to specifically make an on-model Peter Griffin skeleton, animations and so on that it was easier (and funnier) to just model him with one of their existing Male, Female and Muscular body types. I'm glad to see the three genders from City of Heroes are still recognised.

That game has a base decoration that's doors for Male, Female and Huge bathrooms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Xaris posted:

seth macfarlane ftw

Man has a pretty amazing singing vouce