Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

To celebrate the game's 4th year, a generous amount of new content has arrived! Big shows now take place in a larger new "Epic Arena", which features a ramp & stage with video screens. What takes place in that arena also now includes a handful of stipulations that have never been seen in a wrestling game before - from ropes & chains to water! Less dramatic changes include forbidding strikes or grapples if you want an unusual challenge. All of these are explained in new promos whenever they occur in career mode.

lol hell yeah

https://twitter.com/wrasslinempire/status/1745181242591478117

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jan 11, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Golden Bee posted:

No more bathroom floor food?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Golden Bee posted:

No more floor money?

No, I think it means there's a chance Not Kane will try to kill you for pocketing his floor money.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Water levels in any arena is bonkers

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Even if you look at the bundle pricing, $9.50 to play as an outdated Toni Storm is insane.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

I got the Season 1 pack on a whim because it was discounted and the wrestlers there just feel a bit clunky? Keith Lee is pretty good but everyone else feels a bit underdone and that their movesets are smaller than the wrestlers in the actual game.

Paying $12 for Toni Storm is bad enough, but paying $12 for a Toni Storm that is objectively less fun to play with than all the other women is even worse.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Timelocked Toni Storm

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm the Doctor, and I'm here to help

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Shard posted:

I'm the Doctor, and I'm here to help

Luther??? 🤪👈

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
MDickie made a better janky AEW game that costs the same as one of their dlc packs.

I can't wait to figure out how to make Danhausen.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
If you're cursed in an MDickie game you're cursed IRL, be warned

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I got hired by Vince and the first thing I did was go to his office and try to injure him lol

edit

oh this motherfucker asked me to market a gun!

Edit Edit:

Oh man Abyss just called Kenny Omega an empty headed dumb gently caress at a press conference. I love wrestling empire

Shard fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jan 13, 2024

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I've been playing Empire with the new patch and have been in 3 promotions, winning a belt in all of them. I was thinking I might retire this character since I was winning all the time and then I took a fall wrong, almost got paralyzed, and was out for 3 months. Lost 30 points in all stats so I guess my new character was made for me. Loving the new content and the missions for raising stats and stuff aren't quite as annoying as I remember.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

The new Shark Tank match type cracked me up right from the entrance

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

2k24 out in March https://www.wwe.com/amp/section/wwe-2k24/article/wwe-2k24-cody-rhodes-rhea-ripley-bianca-belair-cover-superstars

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I really wish Empire had dismemberment like the old MDickie game. Having to fight legless Jake the Snake 3 times a week trying to get to the ring would be a treat.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Can anyone recommend a PC controller that's particularly good for Empire? I'd basically be buying it for that game almost exclusively.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Just use a PlayStation or Xbox controller depending on whether or not you like your analogue sticks in the right place or if you like Xbox controllers.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

Can anyone recommend a PC controller that's particularly good for Empire? I'd basically be buying it for that game almost exclusively.

The general recommendation for PC gaming, period, is going to be to use an XBox controller (or a third-party version if you want to spend less). They have the best overall compatibility. I believe MDickie is pretty good about designing with alternate layouts in mind, but my understanding is his games also assume XBox controller as the default.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Oh thanks, and I even have PS3 controllers kicking around doing nothing. I'll try those.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/TheEvstrodome/status/1749440453529768106?s=20

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I hope the wrestlemania matches in 2k24 have actual recreated and mo-capped scenes using the real audio like 2k14 did and not just being footage with no sound and with generic rock music

And hopefully universe mode actually has double titles 😭

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

my favorite thing about the WWE games over the past like 10 years is that they're all centered around the Showcase mode, a mode that as far as I can tell absolutely nobody who actually plays the game gives even a single poo poo about, and from the stories i've heard it's entirely because one producer at 2k really loves the concept above anything else

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The last story mode I really enjoyed was Here Comes the Pain. I honestly don't know what I want from a storymode. I guess it would be high reactivity. Like if they could somehow make it react in different ways to my wins, losses and if I cheated or not.

Larian please make a wrestling game.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Alaois posted:

my favorite thing about the WWE games over the past like 10 years is that they're all centered around the Showcase mode, a mode that as far as I can tell absolutely nobody who actually plays the game gives even a single poo poo about, and from the stories i've heard it's entirely because one producer at 2k really loves the concept above anything else

I hate Showcase mode with a passion.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Showcase mode was kinda cool for the first couple, the Mania and Attitude Era ones, because they'd do in engine cutscenes between the matches with the real audio and that was kinda neat but now its just "grapple in the middle of the ring" "watch this YouTube video" for like 4 and a half hours and it sucks

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I played the John Cena showcase thing and thought it was pretty fun. There’s room for improvement but I like that I got to Beat Up John Cena a bunch. That was funny.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I liked the one where you chose an NXT guy to eventually go up against Cena, you could pick Bo Dallas and the commentary was suitably "Bo Dallas has just beaten John Cena, what in the absolute gently caress"

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Shard posted:

The last story mode I really enjoyed was Here Comes the Pain. I honestly don't know what I want from a storymode. I guess it would be high reactivity. Like if they could somehow make it react in different ways to my wins, losses and if I cheated or not.

Play SLAMMED!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I'm excited about the something awful efed having casket and ambulance matches now. Excited to send my posting enemies to a local medical facility

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Basic Chunnel posted:

Play SLAMMED!

I love slammed

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Slammed is peak. I should run a hivemind Slammed

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

Oh thanks, and I even have PS3 controllers kicking around doing nothing. I'll try those.

I still use my old PS3 controller on PC because I just really like the feel of it. You will need to download a separate program in order to use it on Windows because it doesn't natively support it. I still use SCPToolkit because I've been using it for years but the same dev has a newer program that does the same thing and is supposed to be a bit easier to set up called DsHidMini.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Showcase Mode is the thing you play to unlock the characters they've pointlessly locked away to it and then never touch again.

its' also the reason why every game will have like 12 versions of HHH meanwhile if you try to download CAWs the game dies a death cause they've locked to this 100 image limit for like 15 years and 4 console generations for absolutely no good reason

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Shard posted:

Christian's Road to Wrestlemania (in 2010?) was magnificent, but you're not missing much else.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
The one where Rey gets amnesia and Jack swagger tricks him and then you get a choice between being evil with Swaggy or good with Evan bourne.

Also the one where someone tried to kill teddy and the magic wand stuff.

The story mode in wwe 12 is alright, well 2/3 of it was cool because the first part was sheamus forming a European Union and then you had your CAW Jacob cass forming an alliance to stop a returning NWO.

But I hated the triple H portion in 12, it sucked except when Nash powerbombs HHH

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The only reason I've wasted bandwidth to download any 2K wrestling game is to see the latest chapter in the story of Barron Blade

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
It seems the latest ones have a bunch of short succinct storylines that you enter via Twitter.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Miching Mallecho posted:

The one where Rey gets amnesia and Jack swagger tricks him and then you get a choice between being evil with Swaggy or good with Evan bourne.

Also the one where someone tried to kill teddy and the magic wand stuff.

The story mode in wwe 12 is alright, well 2/3 of it was cool because the first part was sheamus forming a European Union and then you had your CAW Jacob cass forming an alliance to stop a returning NWO.

But I hated the triple H portion in 12, it sucked except when Nash powerbombs HHH

el todo americano americano

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Lmao… Dashing Cody Rhodes and Stardust as playable DLC

For a moment I thought they added Pharaoh as a manager that came down to the ring. But it’s just some dumb my faction card.