Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Traitors theory: Brian really needed a shite at that table and was blurting out all that nonsense to mask the sound of some huge, slapping farts. He was flailing his arms and fidgeting madly like that in a last ditch attempt to control his sphincter and this fully explains the looks of shock and disgust on the others around him

crispix fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jan 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Andy Peters is a proper beefcake now'days

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

crispix posted:

You should see Edd the duck

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i was wfh w/ :coronatoot: this morning and he was on breakfast TV in his swimming trunks

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

crispix posted:

i was wfh w/ :coronatoot: this morning and he was on breakfast TV in his swimming trunks

Good heavens

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

crispix posted:

That pic’s from 2008, but he’s still looking amazing. Buffer and a bit thicker and greyer.

Haven’t seen him in person since 2004, but I wouldn’t say no. :allears:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
don't be lewd :mad:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

crispix posted:

don't be lewd :mad:

You tell Andi to stop being lewd in certain clubs.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

The_Doctor posted:

thicker and greyer.

Okay stop, stop! You've convinced me already

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Finally watching the 7-Up series in its entirety, think I tried a few years back but they were all over the place, but all 9 are on ITVx for free now. I’m up to midway 49-up now I think so not future spoilers please but what an incredible moving program. I really think it could be a life changing thing for me to actually think about how my day to day progress will effect me in the future, and just to understand more that everyone you come across has all these worries and fears and is always struggling to find a place in life.

My favourite part so far I think was in 42? when the missionary guy took in the scouser and helped him get his life together. It’s like both their lives built to that moment and you couldn’t have wrote it better, the missionary had always wanted to help people and liked politics but didn’t want to do it himself, and the scouser wanted to get into politics but was never stable enough to get himself together. Such a heart warming moment. It’s also super sad what happened to him, he was such a happy child and then his life went directionless, it was clear he had some kind of illness that was making him struggle. Hoping everyone’s doing well in the later episodes.

E: another sad moment was the taxi driver going stereotypically racist in the most recent one. He always seemed like a nice person, achieved all his goals in life and always went for it, and then in the last few instalments he seems to have lost his spark a bit.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

crispix posted:

He was doing one of the totally not gambling competition spots on Saturday Night Takeaway last year in a tank top and I was genuinely staggered by how loving big he is now.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
he was having a go on the world's biggest waterslide in dubai this morning!!!!!!!!!!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Choice pair of speedos?

Volcano
Apr 10, 2008

Traitors episode 4: knew it wouldn't happen but it would have been hilarious if Meg had been banished and both Paul and Ash were just stuck awkwardly walking into breakfast the next morning. Goodbye Ash, you doomed yourself the moment you decided to put your trust in Paul AGAIN for gently caress knows what reason. I reckon Paul may have overdone his 5D chess though because the heat is only going to increase on him. God I love this show.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
How about that latest cliffhanger where they've totaled up the votes and got them up to reveal their allegiance then cut away as if they haven't revealed who's being banished

Marmaduke! fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jan 10, 2024

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
C4 have briefly pulled this new series of First Dates for "editorial reasons". What are the chances they pulled a Sky and accidentally put a Nazi on their show.

In opposite news, glad to see Pottery Throwdown is back. Seems they got a pretty good lot this year.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

There is going to be a third series of The Traitors which begins filming in May over 4 weeks.

I found this out because one of the casting directors called me about it earlier today.

First step only, but that's one of the biggest to get past.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Pottery Throwdown is on again, all is right with the world

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

The_Doctor posted:

Choice pair of speedos?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Something is up with tonight’s episode of Traitors. When Anthony picks up his slate and reads the name he picked, it’s been superimposed on the slate. Maybe it got smudged or something and they didn’t pick up on it during filming, but it’s definitely been covered up.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Traitors ep 4: those "who's the most X" surveys are apparently really lethal this year. Brian freaked out about his "sheep" thing so bad he got himself offed for no reason, and now Paul has made himself look incredibly suspicious because of being chosen "most popular" among a group of people who've known each other for like 2 days. He's spent the whole time talking about how it makes him a major target and now he has to spin why Meg got murdered over him if he's not a traitor. One of the biggest self-owns i've seen on a reality show.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Traitors ep 4: Yeah Paul really hosed himself there, thought he had the backing of the group at large but it just made him more suspicious. It's only a few people at the moment but he's gotten too cocky and it's noticeable. Harry playing the best game so far, completely under the radar, not too liked not too cunning.

Problem is Andrew having the shield they have to kill Meg which means the next suspected person is gone. 4 v 18 was too much in the Traitors' favour imo, now it's going to be 3 v 15 and could quite easily be 2 v 15 after the next banishment. Going to be an interesting game from here.

Also the random cutaway shots of Andrew working out shirtless or showering are absolutely hilarious.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
he'd gently caress u up m8

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Was the 3 eps on iPlayer on Wednesday just for the first week?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm embarrassed for us it took an ITV drama for people to care about the Post Office IT scandal. I did enjoy every time the camera panned ominously to a happily blinking Horizon tower though.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Mickolution posted:

The Guardian review implied it was going to happen every week but apparently not, only the 4th ep is up.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Happy about that from a selfish perspective because I can't access iPlayer. Stops accidental spoilers until I can watch!

grobbo
May 29, 2014

Mickolution posted:

it's gonna be wednesday, thursday, friday batches of episodes going forward. So the next one tonight.

Ep 4:

- Jaz and Zack starting to cotton onto Paul's smirk made for hugely satisfying TV, just as the noisy insistences of 'Paul's 100% not a traitor' from Charlotte and Andrew were massively frustrating. Why Zack would randomly declare his support for a clearly doomed Ash to the extent of 'vote me off tomorrow if I'm wrong' is beyond me, though.

- Underrated character moment: Anthony silently glowering at Charlotte when he was picked near-last and then putting himself exclusively on dig duty while also grumbling that the task wouldn't get done if nobody was willing to cross the river.

- Meg really is proving the basic 'quiet people with glasses are viewed by the world as shifty and calculating masterminds' thesis underlying the show.

- We're probably getting too much focus on Paul right now, but it is undeniably good TV. "I think this is all part of their plan to kill me off, you know, because of my massive popularity" and the sudden hoarse-voiced Maximus "I'm ready to see my wife and child again" theatrics were hilarious.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Mr. Squishy posted:

I'm embarrassed for us it took an ITV drama for people to care about the Post Office IT scandal. I did enjoy every time the camera panned ominously to a happily blinking Horizon tower though.

It's loving grim isn't it? It shows how little people pay attention to the news at least

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Being fair, the news is "loving grim" incarnate..

Volcano
Apr 10, 2008

Traitors episode 5: how is Paul able to get away with it?? These people are dumb :negative:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, Ant went in with the best theory and should’ve pushed it harder - that Meg was already on the chopping block so there was absolutely zero reason for her to be murdered, and eliminated one of the people who generated the most prizefund. Like who cares if Jonny was a traitor, vote him out once he’s helped lock in a fortune.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

Taear posted:

It's loving grim isn't it? It shows how little people pay attention to the news at least

It’s something I have known about for a decent amount of time, maybe 2015 or so or before that and it is fairly regularly in Private Eye for a while to which if you watch the last 10 minutes of Peston you can see this fact for yourself with Ian Hislop getting a little ranty about it.

As for why it hasn’t really been in the news? The answer to that is a threat of litigation.

What do you think the next drama will be about?

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Starbucks posted:

It’s something I have known about for a decent amount of time, maybe 2015 or so or before that and it is fairly regularly in Private Eye for a while to which if you watch the last 10 minutes of Peston you can see this fact for yourself with Ian Hislop getting a little ranty about it.

As for why it hasn’t really been in the news? The answer to that is a threat of litigation.

Freeports, hopefully. Specifically, the one on Teesside.

Is Andi Peters still obsessed with burgers?

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010
There was also this little tidbit in a recent Popbitch newsletter:

Popbitch posted:

>> Post-truth <<
An interesting omission

ITV has a new miniseries on the slate for 2024: Mr Bates vs The Post Office. It’s a biopic of the Post Office scandal in which an IT gently caress-up saw hundreds of employees wrongly accused of theft and fraud, a saga generally considered to be one of the worst miscarriages of justice in UK history.

A quick look at the cast list shows they’ve found someone to play Paula Vennells, the CEO of Post Office Ltd at the time, but there’s no-one playing Adam Crozier, who was CEO of Royal Mail Ltd.

Crozier played a significant role in the real-life scandal, but looks to have been snipped out of the dramatisation. Maybe it was just too tricky to write the scene where Crozier left Royal Mail to become CEO of… ITV.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Starbucks posted:

It HAS been in the news, I knew about it
People just don't care or look

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
As I understand matters we had gotten to "looking into the convictions being quashed" and then the politicians saw a child enjoying life for free and then lost focus.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Volcano posted:

Traitors episode 5: how is Paul able to get away with it?? These people are dumb :negative:

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah, Ant went in with the best theory and should’ve pushed it harder - that Meg was already on the chopping block so there was absolutely zero reason for her to be murdered, and eliminated one of the people who generated the most prizefund. Like who cares if Jonny was a traitor, vote him out once he’s helped lock in a fortune.

Traitors ep5 spoilers

Paul was very lucky that the only people suspicious of him (Ant, Zack, Jaz) hold basically no power within the group. He didn't even really have to offer any alternatives, just look said and give a (very convincing) sob story about his family. He might not have fully gotten away with it (it might come up later) but it's mad they didn't just vote him out in case.

One thing I was thinking about during the episode was that the faithfuls still think there's 2 (originally 3) traitors, not 3 (originally 4). Paul probably could have played on that more ("why would they put the majority in the dungeon?").

I felt really bad for Jonny and for Harry. Jonny did nothing wrong at all and Harry looked genuinely cut up about it.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

I've been re-watching Hilda on netflix and it really floors me how loving poo poo IMDB is for the voices of the characters.
Some really big names just down as "Additional Voices" and for EVERY episode too.

You'd think their agents would be like "hey, sort this out"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
I thought Paul was going to win this at a canter, but now I really think Harry could. It’s been great television.