Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

So whose airspace did they use? Saudi or Egypt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
okay since we're all hanging out here and not watching the proceedings, what is the deal with "khamas"? is it just making fun of how Israelis pronounce it? is there a snub or insult in there somewhere?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
yeah not gonna watch the proceedings those of you with stronger blood pressure control are gonna have to summarize it later for us

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
"[Hamas] has made civilian suffering an integral part of its strategy"

:thunk: :ironicat: :thunk:

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
We compressed a nation into 140 square miles and now they are building vertically! How dare they!

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
Jesus christ he mentioned the withdrawal from Gaza in 2005 and Hamas' takeover in 2007, then blamed the poverty of Gazan civilians on that while completely skipping over the part where Israel has been blockading the strip for over a decaede and a half

Like, he loving mentions that Hamas has smuggled poo poo into Gaza but completely negelcts to mention why they had to "smuggle" that stuff in the first place!

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

They talk a lot about destroyed buildings but what about the ones lost to Hamas booby traps?

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

"Civilians taking part in hostilities" lmao

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
who is willing to bet they play the 3D animation of the shadow moses base underneath al-shifa hospital they did to justify killing babies in incubators

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i like how none of what he's talking about has any relation to the fact that his side is doing a genocide

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

The strategy seems to be "But Hamas made Palestine deserve genocide" rather than actually presenting anything to do with their defense.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
lol he's saying their actions have been "an expression of Israel's core values"

no poo poo! that's the problem!

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Is there cross examination in the ICJ? It would be interesting to see what the response would be if you picked literally any of these points at random and challenged them

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I wish all my compatriots currently bombing Yemen a very pleasant stay in the Sana'a Hilton

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

lol officially stating in court that they totally don't want to diplace Gazan civillians

gonna be funny when half the Knesset throws a tantrum over this in a couple hours

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

Can't believe the environment in Gaza created Hamas. I wonder who made that environment.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

Libel designed to deny israel the right to defend itself lmao

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

carcinofuck posted:

THEY PUT A BABY
IN THE OVEN

THEY PUT
A BABY IN
THE OVEN

THEY
PUTABABY
INTHEOVEN

THEYPUTABABY!!!

I

DROPPED THE SCREW

IN THE TUNA

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

lmfao "but what about the Balfour decleration"

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Biden to win Nobel Peace Prize for ending Yemeni civil war.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

The newest guy sounded like he was going to make a very dry and definite scientific statement then veers HARD into "Oh you think Israelis shouldn't exist?" territory.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
quoting the nazi dog ursula von der leyen

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

evilmiera posted:

The newest guy sounded like he was going to make a very dry and definite scientific statement then veers HARD into "Oh you think Israelis shouldn't exist?" territory.

same genocidal babybrain arguments, but in a wig and robe.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

drat it sounds like hamas shouldn't be in the UN.

Oh, what's that?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Edit: pages late, should reload

genericnick has issued a correction as of 10:45 on Jan 12, 2024

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

My proof is these words from a person I agree with. case closed

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Really great watching the israeli fucks going on about how South Africa is in league with Hamas and poo poo.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Speaking about the dilution of the power of accusations

Lmao

Lol

gently caress you

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
agreed, mohd 😔

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

dead gay comedy forums posted:

Ionians were the proto-Greeks/Hellenes from Asia Minor, not from the Achaia/Thessaly (Achaeans/Aeolians) which form modern Greece. The Eastern peoples got to know them through Ionia

e: and that is cool af to learn because totally makes sense that the continuation of the same people in the same place would call them by the name they learned from heroic antiquity

I think you are conflating Ionia (or at least classical Ionia) with Ionians. The story goes they were pushed out of what thenceforth became Achaea by the Achaeans who were busy being pushed out by the Dorians. The Attic dialect was traditionally considered an Ionian dialect. Supposedly Homer supports this, idk, but here's Herodotus.

Herodotus, Histories. Book I, Chapter 147 posted:

all are Ionians who are of Athenian descent and keep the feast Apaturia.

As far as Persians go, here's an inscription from Persepolis ~500 BC describing the people of Darius' empire, which extended to around Thesaloniki where there was another Ionian speaking population.

quote:

Ionians who are of the mainland and (those) who are by the sea, and countries which are across the sea;

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Like legit the best strategy here would be to present a technical and dry set of presentations where you massage the numbers or context a bit and he SORT of does that but he keeps veering off. Right now he's running the old strategy of "calling what is happening in Gaza genocide dilutes the term" which is a solid if trite strategy because it ultimately boils down to nitpicking definitions but it gives a veneer of respectability they could bank on for their defense.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

SA: Yo this is hosed up, if it doesn't stop immediately thousands upon thousands will die.

Israel: Um, sorry champ, you don't have jurisdiction to bring a claim against us actually because of the dates of the complaint :smug:

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

Have they tried to explain away the obvious war crime of denying Palestinians water, food, medicine etc yet? Let alone the systematic murder and oppression since the loving 1940's

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

Is he really arguing that they don't disagree with SA?

Didn't have enough time to disagree?

idk how this is going to help

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
he's arguing that since they never responded to sa, there's no dispute

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

lmao he is actually decorum policing

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Iran boarding a ship that used to be theirs, that entered their own EEZ, is ... completely fine

It was leaving the gulf, so on the Oman side. Also I'd guess an EEZ would be irrelevant for these matters, they are mostly about resource rights, territorial waters gives you policing rights.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Pooky posted:

Well basically so far from what i've seen the israel statment consists of 2 parts:

1) HAVE YOU SEEN OCTOBER 7TH?????

2)Legal mumbo jumbo about who has authority to bring cases against someone to the ICC

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Pooky posted:

Didn't have enough time to disagree?

idk how this is going to help

This is not a dispute. It is a uni-spute, a one-sided clapping of hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

TeenageArchipelago posted:

That and their snuff film is irrelevant to whether or not they're committing genocide. "They won't allow Israel to defend itself *by saying that there's a really good reason that they're committing genocide*"

E:fb

Pretty sure being able to write this exact phrase was the point. If Israel wanted to have their snuff film in the public record they could have it there by now, but they only show it to selected audiences in controlled settings. Not a sign of confidence imo.