Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Green Intern posted:

There is a literal witch at this wedding, and yet we get this dingdong causing problems instead.

Hey now, Maleficent had every reason to be pissy. She was the only fairy not invited, the other fairies were rude to her, and the king and queen had every chance to apologize and say their invite must have gotten lost, and to beg forgiveness before inviting her to take a proper spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Green Intern posted:

There is a literal witch at this wedding, and yet we get this dingdong causing problems instead.
To her credit she hasn't been drinking.

Futurama Did This Joke So Much Better

kind of a milf. reblog.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Ugh no no no gently caress you Zits Dad.

Then again I enjoy timing myself with how fast I can get in and out of Costco. I need X, Y, Z, and some Q. I know usually where they are. Costco is not a 2-3 hour trip of exploring every aisle.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I remember being annoyed by that kegels comic when it was posted back in 2018 and I still hate it now

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Cowslips Warren posted:

Then again I enjoy timing myself with how fast I can get in and out of Costco. I need X, Y, Z, and some Q. I know usually where they are. Costco is not a 2-3 hour trip of exploring every aisle.
I'll do that stuff sometimes(especially in Costco where stuff actually gets rotated in and out at a decent rate) but I wouldn't dream of doing it while dragging someone else along with me. Going to the store isn't a social event and if someone's with me I'm trying to get in and out as fast as possible.

That said Jeremy seems ok with it, which is the important part here.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Home Depot is also kind of fun to wander and look at things that make you go, "ooh, I wonder what I could do with one of those".

The answer is almost invariably "nothing, or something once and never again", but it's all in good fun.

Costco's usually a get in and out for me though. Grab a hot dog on the way out.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

why and how the gently caress would a snake do kegels

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I concur, if you are shopping with another person, and they're up to play Dora the Explorer up and down the aisles, it is a fun time. Hitting a reptile show pre-Covid with my mom was fun. Hitting any other store was hell because she'd want to check half the aisles no matter where we were.

Then again we know how it would play out with Dustin and Ed.

Hwurmp posted:

why and how the gently caress would a snake do kegels

I mean some snakes do have live birth but I sincerely doubt they have the muscles for kegels. Then again I only ever saw smaller boas, sand boas, give birth, and there was no clear pushing.

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Kazinsal posted:

Home Depot is also kind of fun to wander and look at things that make you go, "ooh, I wonder what I could do with one of those".

The answer is almost invariably "nothing, or something once and never again", but it's all in good fun.

How would I injure myself using this poo poo?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

thisusedyet posted:

Just slip on the peepee in the bathroom to at least make some money of getting hurt.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

LvK posted:

Why does the whale have a foreskin?

Thanks for going down that road first

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Yeah. More Of This.

Randy's notes posted:

And thus we come to Julis Cat, one of the two protagonists of Disney’s early Alice Comedies. I altered his design a bit, combining the designs of an early cat character who likely was the basis for the character and the final design in the Alice series. Why?

Because later Julius was a Felix the Cat clone.

This wasn’t by accident, either. Disney redesigned Julius, apparently under duress from his distributor, Margaret Winkler.

If you get the chance to watch the Alice comedies, Juluus is often unhinged. Honestly, calling him a “protagonist” feels like a stretch. He’s a complete jerk.

Also appearing in this comic, Little Red Henski - the “villain” of the cartoon, “Alice’s Egg Plant.” In that cartoon, Alice and Julius run an egg farm (where Julius enjoys cracking a whip at the hens). Little Red Henski is an evil commie who shows up and commits the evil act of… telling the hends they deserve better treatment and unionizing.

Walt put his anti-union stuff out there early. -R.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3Ui3Yiforo

Our Boarding House (February 16-18, 1925)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM3mlmEkGJ4

Out Our Way: Yeah, We're Going To Stay With The 1925 Cowboy Panels For A Bit (February 18, 1925)

Toonerville Folks (May 1-3, 1922)

THE TOONERVILLE TROLLEY THAT MEETS ALL THE TRAINS: Every year just after moving day there's pretty sure to be some newcomers from the city who get terribly sea-sick riding over that WAVY SECTION OF THE TRACK east of the Smith place.

Dok's "Well, He's Back on A Corner" Duck (January 29 30, 1915)

Little Lefty (October 2-3, 1939 (no strip on the 4th))

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jan 13, 2024

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

thisusedyet posted:

Excellent av / post combo

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

That is literally the worst anti communism propaganda I’ve ever seen.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Cowslips Warren posted:

I used to want to get out of Costco ASAP when I was dragged along with my folks, but now I too am a Plugger and gotta go up and down all the aisles, just in case.

Luann

Gil Thorp

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Endless Mike posted:

I've never had a grilled PBJ, but used to eat grilled peanut butter sandwiches as a kid all the time.
Grilled peanut butter sandwiches, wow that takes me back!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Corto Maltese

Blueberry

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Rex and June had to think a minute and have a discussion about whether to let Rene die

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1981 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Mexikid Stories

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

someone awful. posted:

Comic Strips 2024: Pooping, eh?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Haifisch posted:

Computoon: Origins

Astronomical telescopes don't generally have a bunch of step-downs like a pirate's spyglass. But even so, that scope's backwards: the wide part usually goes at the far end.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!

Kennel posted:

Doctor Strange looks rough.

but mandrake the magician looks great!

Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (February 08, 2002)

Rae the Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Zippy The Pinhead

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

All popular songs in 1925.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Retro Fingerpori

"Uutuusmusikaali" = "Brand new musical"

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Pancho Jueves posted:

Pluggers

I'll bet someone submitted this under a fake name just to they could tell their wife "See? It's not weird! This other Plugger does it too!"

I can't read KOO as anything other than "as in stew".

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse

Out of all the anachronistic elements they're trying to pass off as contemporary it may be the parent wanting to go vegan and the kids rejecting it that is the most glaring.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Mar. 19, 1961)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 1/11/04

Brenda Starr 6/2-4/52

Smokey Stover 2/22/59

Everyday Movies 2/19/37

"My sleeves are longer, my skirts are longer, I look thinner and feel thinner and the scales say I've lost, so I must be thinner."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 11/30 - 12/2/42

I'm not really sure what Sweet Willie's plan is here. Stay in the room holding a gun on Ott and Marlys for the next ... 55 days?

Closer Than We Think! 2/22/59

In case you don't recognize the name, Vladimir Zworykin is best known as the inventor of CRT television.

Selachian fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jan 12, 2024

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Haifisch posted:

Mexikid Stories

As a former band kid, I feel this deeply.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Cul de Sac

The manhole cover is an important supporting character.

Foxtrot Classix

Rose is Rose

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

THORN, February 22-25, 1983

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Selachian posted:

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 11/30 - 12/2/42

I'm not really sure what Sweet Willie's plan is here. Stay in the room holding a gun on Ott and Marlys for the next ... 55 days?

Yeah even without Scarlet in there he's gotta sleep sometime, at which point, well. He gets shot or tied up and the couple let their uncle know somebody else snuck in.

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!
Frank and Ernest

(9/29/1993)

(9/30/1993)

Ziggy

(7/13/1971)

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Comic Strips 2024: WONK WONK

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Flash Gordon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave