Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mons Hubris posted:

“killing” the AG and the judge???

Yeah that seems like.. a poor choice of words that is also 1000% intentional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

I have no PS skills, but I just see the Van Camp's beans kid and the "Inject that poo poo" kid.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Interesting that he spells Defense the British way

You'd think autocorrect would catch that

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji

Stoatbringer posted:

They should get Ben Garrison to do it.

Judge Engoron as Mr Mean Eyebrows

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
I'm going to plagiarize everyone's post and there's nothing you can do to stop me. I have absolute immunity. Many very respected people and experts are saying. 6!

I'm posting this to Facebook with my 6th most recent photo. Everyone respond with your 6th photo. No cheating! If any of you are my real friends, you'll post this too with a number.

I'm not sure what's better, the dumb Facebook chain letter garbage or that this plagiarism post is perfectly equivalent.

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Wow, trump's posts are "killing" me!!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
When he says "Aida" Hutchinson is he saying that ¡Asa! :

- is like the titular princess from the Verdi opera?

- has AIDS?

- some third thing that makes sense only in his burger brain?

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Liquid Chicken posted:

I have no PS skills, but I just see the Van Camp's beans kid and the "Inject that poo poo" kid.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Seth Pecksniff posted:

His autocorrect gave up a long time ago. Spends most of its time drinking now

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Lol yeah I caught that too. What the hell is he talking about, the SecDef going missing? *googling* he had prostate surgery and tried to keep it on the downlow? SAD!

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

Ah, yes! That's the poo poo! Lol! Thank you good sire!

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

kazil posted:

BEFORE THE TRAIL EVEN STARTED!

Why do they keep bringing up that she had Starbucks coffee?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Lol yeah I caught that too. What the hell is he talking about, the SecDef going missing? *googling* he had prostate surgery and tried to keep it on the downlow? SAD!

It seems like a legit issue with the Sec of Defense. He had prostate cancer and yet somehow kept it quiet? Not sure what the motivation was.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Data Graham posted:

It's a lot more serious than that. Dude disappeared for a few days and no one, not even his #2 or the president, knew where he was.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

kazil posted:

It's a lot more serious than that. Dude disappeared for a few days and no one, not even his #2 or the president, knew where he was.

Yeah it's not that he disappeared for a few days, it's that no one in the chain of command knew about it

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

Why do they keep bringing up that she had Starbucks coffee?

Well, it is bad coffee.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Yeah it's not that he disappeared for a few days, it's that no one in the chain of command knew about it

I honestly think he was embarrassed by the whole thing and just wanted it all to remain private. There was a Pentagon briefing a few days ago and it was mentioned that he got the Bolsonaro treatment because his intestines got blocked up after some complications from prostate surgery and they had to clear him out through his nose.

It turned into a PSA about prostate cancer and so on shortly after on MSM.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

kazil posted:

Hey I don't get why that's so weird, there's been plenty of times when the US presidents and none of the US department of defense knew where I was and no one thought that was a big deal.

We really shouldn't have double standards like that these days.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

dr_rat posted:

Hey I don't get why that's so weird, there's been plenty of times when the US presidents and none of the US department of defense knew where I was and no one thought that was a big deal.

We really shouldn't have double standards like that these days.

:wrong:

They knew where you were :tinfoil:

Also:

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

:lol: thanks, that's the best thing to see after my commute

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

An extinction level event like an asteroid could be speeding towards earth and all Republicans would be able to think would be, 'boy, I hope it hits while a Democrat is in office.'

gently caress I hate America.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

In fact, it is one of the small pleasures of life that when I sit down of a Sunday afternoon and enjoy a cup of tea, that Donald Trump is unlikely to knock on the front door and ruin the experience. And even if he did, he would be told to gently caress off in no uncertain terms.

Can any of you say the same?

Donald Trump would never knock on my door because my door takes effort to get to, and a golf cart won't fit through our front gate. He'd probably send an associate and I can turn the sprinklers on.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Would it be the printer carrying associate?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

tek79 posted:

Donald Trump would never knock on my door because my door takes effort to get to, and a golf cart won't fit through our front gate. He'd probably send an associate and I can turn the sprinklers on.

Checkout this guy with the long driveway and the improbably narrow gate

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1745430214677590044?s=20

Evangelicals are morally bankrupt and only care about power

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Total Party Kill posted:

An extinction level event like an asteroid could be speeding towards earth and all Republicans would be able to think would be, 'boy, I hope it hits while a Democrat is in office.'

gently caress I hate America.

Covid: exists during Trump term

Republicans: ELECTION INTERFERENCE :byodood:

Vitreous Rumor
Oct 21, 2004

The Agreement for Bringing Peace to Afghanistan, commonly known as the US–Taliban deal or the Doha Accord, was a peace agreement signed by the United States and the Taliban on 29 February 2020 in Doha, Qatar, to bring an end to the 2001–2021 war in Afghanistan.

I'm not good at remembering history can someone ask Alexa who was president of the United States in February of 2020?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Everyone's got that one ex they still think about whose tongue was a little bit wild

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Vitreous Rumor posted:

The Agreement for Bringing Peace to Afghanistan, commonly known as the US–Taliban deal or the Doha Accord, was a peace agreement signed by the United States and the Taliban on 29 February 2020 in Doha, Qatar, to bring an end to the 2001–2021 war in Afghanistan.

I'm not good at remembering history can someone ask Alexa who was president of the United States in February of 2020?

We live in a "Post Fact World" now, get with the times!

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

kazil posted:

:hmbol:

Lmao he's blaming Biden for his lovely peace deal with the Taliban

Lmao

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010

redshirt posted:

We live in a "Post Fact World" now, get with the times!

The only “fact” i will “post” is TRUMP

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

kazil posted:

As a draft dodger, the large man's propensity to poo poo-talk and denigrate the military really is loving mystifying.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 39 hours!

Waffle House posted:

As a draft dodger, the large man's propensity to poo poo-talk and denigrate the military really is loving mystifying.

yes but have you considered BIG. STRONG. TROOP. FLAG. TRUMP. ??!?

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

I have local news for the lol thread

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Waffle House posted:

I think you'd find that Trump didn't dodge the draft. He made the draft strong and better in many ways.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Strong Sauce posted:

I don't know if you guys have been following the controversy around the ouster of Claudine Gay, from her position as President of Harvard following a lot of student protesting against Israel (aka supporting Palenstinians)

Well basically after she refused to disavow the protests, Bill Ackman, a hedgefund billionaire, basically accused her of plagiarizing in order to find another way to oust her. He basically got a lot of right wing chuds to amplify this until she finally resigned.

However, his wife, neri oxman, is an MIT Professor... and after Gay's ouster from Harvard, Business Insider did some research into her and found out she had copied Wikipedia word for word and this dude went off.

First he tried to silence Business Insider reporters by talking to the Private Hedgefund in charge of the company, who he is very buddy-buddy with. But of course that didn't go well.

I honestly don't want to go too much into it, but he's been posting huge long diatribes on twitter defending his wife and basically saying her copying off wikipedia, especially back 10+ years ago, isn't really plagiarism.
If you want to know more, Molly White, (of Wikipedia and Web3IsGoingGreat fame), did a couple videos about it starting here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_jM6aoTDK0

ANYWAYS the point of my post though is to post this tweet. "She" in this case is Bill Ackman's wife, and the person writing is Bill Ackman

https://twitter.com/DLNHLGSN/status/1744371947406778513/photo/1

:orb:

Yeah but she graduated from MIT....

https://dspace.mit.edu/handle/1721.1/59192

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Lol that Trump is not-so-subtly signaling to his base that the AG should be killed, and nothing will happen about it lmao.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I think you'd find that Trump didn't dodge the draft. He made the draft strong and better in many ways.

If anything, the Draft dodged him

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Strong Sauce posted:

I don't know the specifics but I believe she did plagiarize.. something. But there probably wasn't going to be any pressure to remove her over it other than the fact that she refused to do anything about the protest on campus. I don't really care either way about it. I mean yeah I guess remove her? But no one cared until this guy decided to basically use it to get her fired. But I think the funny thing about it was this dude's hypocrisy over being outraged by her plagiarism but not by his own wife's.

Edit: oh yeah and all the stuff that led to him admitting that she gave epstein an orb

I looked into it a little and it appeared that while an undergrad, she had done that thing where she takes a phrase that is super common in a field like “the cause of the US Civil War was Slavery” and thesaurused it up, “the source of the conflict of the War Between The States(1861-1864) was the Involuntary Bondage of African-Heritage People”, or just used extremely common phrases like “a forest isn’t a uniform sea of trees, it is a patchwork quilt of different small ecosystems” but did not bother attributing it, due to being so common.

These are things that look bad and might lose you some points on a paper but are not the sort of plagiarism that someone would be forced to resign from the presidency of Harvard over, unless there is a crazy crooked hedge fund billionaire personally trying to make that happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Asterite34 posted:

If anything, the Draft dodged him

Deflected off his bone spurs