Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

TheKingslayer posted:

all video games are Nintendo.

They're not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

in perfect weather the game would be miserable. at -30 it's going to be hilarious. Tyreek was dropping easy passes from Tua in 70 degree weather lol

the best part of the game will be the crowd shots of shirtless drunk fat guys

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

No Butt Stuff posted:

It’s 20 degrees warmer here than it will be in game day and they canceled school due to the cold.

I’ll be staying home.

Soft. Just sent my kid to walk to the bus pickup in -37 wind chill (it's across the street from my house).

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Giants beat the Packers in like -25.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

when we had -30 windchills they were literally lighting the L tracks on fire to stop them from icing over.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Do you like fish sticks?
Do you like fish sticks in your mouth?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AndrewP posted:

Negative degrees is too goddamned cold to play a sport man

poo poo, there was one winter I had in college where it was single-digit degrees for a whole week. Breathing sucked. Walking sucked. Forget playing sports in it. On day 8 it was 20 out and it really did feel like summer weather in comparison :stare: Can't imagine negative degrees

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Negative is manageable until the air starts moving. At that point your soul is sucked out of your body.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

anyone sitting in a -30 wind chill to watch a football game is completely deranged.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

wandler20 posted:

Soft. Just sent my kid to walk to the bus pickup in -37 wind chill (it's across the street from my house).

Oh I know. I lived in Wisconsin for a few years. The poo poo they cancel school here for is insane.

That said, tomorrow is going to be cold and Sunday it will never get above zero.

I need to figure out how to work my gas fireplace

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

anyone sitting in a -30 wind chill to watch a football game is completely deranged.

What if an enterprising Chiefs fan has a fursuit and some guns?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Build more domes.

Domes everywhere.

Man must vanquish the demon known as "weather" once and for all.

MAKE THE ENTIRE EARTH A DOME

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

my dad was at the famous urlacher vs. vick monday night game in '05 that featured a dramatic kyle orton to rex grossman swap at quarterback at halftime and said it's the coldest he's ever been and i looked and it was 9 degrees with a windchill of zero.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

Ort posted:

-30 is way more dangerous than a foot of snow, blows my mind they would even have the game.

Seems....like a legal issue there? They can't play a game in -30 degree weather, people would fuckin die in the crowd

R.D. Mangles posted:

my dad was at the famous urlacher vs. vick monday night game in '05 that featured a dramatic kyle orton to rex grossman swap at quarterback at halftime and said it's the coldest he's ever been and i looked and it was 9 degrees with a windchill of zero.

I remember Grossman coming out and immediately completing a 20 yard pass to Muhsin Muhammad.... those were good days. :unsmith:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mike N Eich posted:

Seems....like a legal issue there? They can't play a game in -30 degree weather, people would fuckin die in the crowd

-30 wind chill, it's only gonna be like minus single digits.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
You can get a pretty bad wind burn in those conditions.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

-30 wind chill, it's only gonna be like minus single digits.

This was here yesterday.

No way in hell should you be outside for 4 plus hours. But, no one is forcing anyone to go to the game. Probably gonna be some frostbite cases in KC.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Listen if you don't want to hurt yourself really badly, shirtless and drunk for football, then are you even a fan?

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Browns had a game like this last year where it was forecast to be like negative 40 with wind chill because of some nice 40 mph winds. The over/under was 24 points if I recall and tickets were under a dollar online. It ended up being "warmer" because the forecast -2 ambient temperature ended up being something like 6 degrees, but the winds were still like 35 mph so the temp with wind chill was still like -20.

Has anybody on field, like a coach or player, ever gotten actual injuries from this stuff? Like you can legitimately lose your nose or some digits in that kind of weather.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
As someone that grew up in KC, moved to the Denver area for 5 years, and then moved back, the cold here just absolutely cuts through whatever you're wearing to make it even better. 30 degrees in Denver? You can borderline get away with a t-shirt if it's sunny. 30 degrees here? Hope you like your bones being cold. I know it's not unique to here but boy does the cold suck poo poo here. You couldn't pay me to go to this game. I've seen people unsuccessfully trying to give tickets away. It's gonna be great.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Layers and warming packs, ain't that big of a deal (but I'm Canadian).

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Hizawk posted:

Layers and warming packs, ain't that big of a deal (but I'm Canadian).

Albertans have my utmost respect. I top out at -20F.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is it going to be cold enough that the talent is secondary to just being able to function? I know rain and snow games often come down to who doesn't have more screw ups, but for severe cold like this, how much does it even the playing field? It seems that any HFA would be gone after a certain point and it's just surviving.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wilderthanmild posted:

Has anybody on field, like a coach or player, ever gotten actual injuries from this stuff? Like you can legitimately lose your nose or some digits in that kind of weather.

I don't know that this has happened in a serious way, but this reminded me of that old story in the Ice Bowl where one Dallas receiver just kept his hands in his pockets if it was a called run play and only took them out on passing plays.

I think our glove technology has improved since then and that won't be an issue here.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

R.D. Mangles posted:

and said it's the coldest he's ever been and i looked and it was 9 degrees with a windchill of zero.

been to a couple games at three rivers when it was this cold. it wasnt so bad in the stands with everyone huddled together and a piece of styrofoam under your boots

i think we brought a big wool blanket to cover our legs too

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
In Anaheim last Sunday it was 40, windy and cold. I had to wear a jacket.

That’s my weather report.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Ort posted:

-30 is way more dangerous than a foot of snow, blows my mind they would even have the game.

It's not going to be -30, it's going to be around 0 at the end of the game, that's a huge difference.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bip Roberts posted:

It's not going to be -30, it's going to be around 0 at the end of the game, that's a huge difference.

-30 is the reported wind chill, not the temperature. So take that for what it's worth :shrug:

It'll be pretty miserable I'd guess no matter what.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Chiefs fans will stay warm by doing the racist chop all game

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

I know the KC field is heated, how much is that felt when you're actually playing on it

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

-30 is the reported wind chill, not the temperature. So take that for what it's worth :shrug:

It'll be pretty miserable I'd guess no matter what.

Right and windchill is a lot less meaningful in a stadium.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
https://x.com/cheetah/status/1745662681577553981?s=46

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I dunno anything about Jason Whitlock but I watched Stephen A's entire podcast and then took a look at Whitlock's twitter. His entire timeline was just him talking about how badly he'd owned Stephen A or retweeting himself talking about how badly he'd owned Stephen A and like. I'm not even a big fan of Stephen A, but it sure seems like Whitlock is, in fact, the fat piece of poo poo he characterized him as.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I do know quite a bit about Whitlock and what Stephen A said about him was completely correct and appropriate. The man is a bitch and the worst human being most people are ever likely to meet.

The guy sucks, I don't know if he was ever normal and worked himself into a shoot sometime after joining ESPN, or just has always been Uncle Ruckus from the Boondocks, but that's how he lives.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Whitlock has zero redeeming qualities.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I think the last subzero game was Seattle at Minnesota when Blair Walsh missed that 27 yarder to win. It was an ugly game all around. The field was rock hard.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Whitlock is just in the corner screaming im not owned im not owned with those pathetic tweets of his.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Hell yeah AWJ!

https://x.com/Buccaneers/status/1745853560359674039?s=20

Edit: Full list here:

https://x.com/FieldYates/status/1745854570876584268?s=20

quote:

OFFENSE
Quarterback — Lamar Jackson, Baltimore

Running Back — Christian McCaffrey, San Francisco

Fullback — Kyle Juszczyk, San Francisco

Tight End — George Kittle, San Francisco

Wide Receivers — Tyreek Hill, Miami; CeeDee Lamb, Dallas; Amon-Ra St. Brown, Detroit

Left Tackle — Trent Williams, San Francisco

Left Guard — Joe Thuney, Kansas City

Center — Jason Kelce, Philadelphia

Right Guard — Zack Martin, Dallas

Right Tackle — Penei Sewell, Detroit

DEFENSE
Edge Rushers — Myles Garrett, Cleveland; T.J. Watt, Pittsburgh

Interior Linemen — Aaron Donald, Los Angeles Rams; Chris Jones, Kansas City

Linebackers — Fred Warner, San Francisco; Roquan Smith, Baltimore; Quincy Williams; New York Jets

Cornerbacks — DaRon Bland, Dallas; Sauce Gardner, New York Jets

Slot cornerback — Trent McDuffie, Kansas City

Safeties — Kyle Hamilton, Baltimore; Antoine Winfield Jr., Tampa Bay

SPECIAL TEAMS
Placekicker — Brandon Aubrey, Dallas

Punter — AJ Cole, Las Vegas

Kick Returner — Keisean Nixon, Green Bay

Punt Returner — Rashid Shaheed, New Orleans

Special Teamer — Miles Killebrew, Pittsburgh

Long Snapper — Ross Matiscik, Jacksonville

___
SECOND TEAM
OFFENSE
Quarterback — Dak Prescott, Dallas

Running Back — Kyren Williams, Los Angeles Rams

Fullback — Patrick Ricard, Baltimore

Tight End — Sam LaPorta, Detroit

Wide Receivers — A.J. Brown, Philadelphia; Puka Nacua, Los Angeles Rams; (asterisk)Brandon Aiyuk, San Francisco; (asterisk)Mike Evans; Tampa Bay

Left Tackle — Tyron Smith, Dallas

Left Guard — Tyler Smith, Dallas

Center — Frank Ragnow, Detroit

Right Guard — Chris Lidstrom, Atlanta

Right Tackle — Lane Johnson, Philadelphia

DEFENSE
Edge Rushers — Micah Parsons, Dallas; Maxx Crosby, Las Vegas

Interior Linemen — Justin Madubuike, Baltimore; Dexter Lawrence, New York Giants

Linebackers — Demario Davis, New Orleans; Bobby Wagner, Seattle; Patrick Queen, Baltimore

Cornerbacks — Jaylon Johnson, Chicago; Charvarius Ward, San Francisco

Slot cornerback — Taron Johnson, Buffalo

Safeties — Jessie Bates III, Atlanta; Justin Simmons, Denver

SPECIAL TEAMS
Placekicker — Jake Elliott, Philadelphia

Punter — Bryan Anger, Dallas

Kick Returner — Marvin Mims, Denver

Punt Returner — Derius Davis, Los Angeles Chargers

Special Teamer — Jalen Reeves-Maybin, Detroit

Long Snapper — Andrew DePaola, Minnesota

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jan 12, 2024

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kyle Hamilton first team All Pro, goddamn.

I don't know if the Ravens would have actually taken Jordan Davis over Hamilton, but thank you Eagles making that decision for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Donald and Kelce coasting on reputation, but otherwise that's a really good list.