Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

hmm i've been brushing my teeth right-handed all my life and i'm a fat slob. all i had to do was switch it up and it'd be a great athlete. i hate finding this out now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Probably for the best. Curious if this means Arch is transferring.
https://twitter.com/QuinnEwers/status/1745491712326127695?s=20

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Ewers very scared of being a 3rd round pick

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Diva Cupcake posted:

Probably for the best. Curious if this means Arch is transferring.
https://twitter.com/QuinnEwers/status/1745491712326127695?s=20

I hear someone tracked a Manning chartered private jet heading to Ann Arbor Michigan last night

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Arch Manning must suck

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Arch Manning lit up teams of 5’7” 145lbs religious white kids in high school

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Peyton got the football mastermind genes and Eli got the football idiot savant genes. Cooper never had a chance.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

indigi posted:

Arch Manning must suck

Arch Manning is a mid 4 star recruit without the last name. He’s the first one with Archie’s athleticism but holy poo poo he should be better than this. Yeah he played for their tiny private school in New Orleans but so did like Odell and he still balled out. Much less, dude has been in national camps his whole life, he has to have seen high end competition in 7 on 7 at least.

Unfortunately for Quinn, another year of Sark’s fisher price offense isn’t fixing the problem of him make 3ish bozo throws a game and frequently missing reads because Sark’s whole manner of setting up second and third optioned relies on a quarterback having some eye discipline if the first read isn’t there. Still love his stupid arm though.

Gun to my head, third guy off the board for receivers right now. MHJ goes too 2, and I think Nabers and Coleman are too tools-y for a GM to not freak out over. Odunze is going to do the Amari Cooper thing where he rolls into the league wing excellent at many things but doesn’t really flash one specific calling card doing it. Then you look up and he’s somehow top of p in receiving in the league.

Im still so intrigued by Nabers and Coleman. Nabers doesn’t try at any route and still separates and catches effortlessly. Coleman’s route running got worse at Florida state and didn’t even matter because he’s such a freak.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

TheGreyGhost posted:

Arch Manning is a mid 4 star recruit without the last name. He’s the first one with Archie’s athleticism but holy poo poo he should be better than this. Yeah he played for their tiny private school in New Orleans but so did like Odell and he still balled out. Much less, dude has been in national camps his whole life, he has to have seen high end competition in 7 on 7 at least.

Unfortunately for Quinn, another year of Sark’s fisher price offense isn’t fixing the problem of him make 3ish bozo throws a game and frequently missing reads because Sark’s whole manner of setting up second and third optioned relies on a quarterback having some eye discipline if the first read isn’t there. Still love his stupid arm though.

Gun to my head, third guy off the board for receivers right now. MHJ goes too 2, and I think Nabers and Coleman are too tools-y for a GM to not freak out over. Odunze is going to do the Amari Cooper thing where he rolls into the league wing excellent at many things but doesn’t really flash one specific calling card doing it. Then you look up and he’s somehow top of p in receiving in the league.

Im still so intrigued by Nabers and Coleman. Nabers doesn’t try at any route and still separates and catches effortlessly. Coleman’s route running got worse at Florida state and didn’t even matter because he’s such a freak.

Odunze reminds me a lot of D Hop in the way he boxes guys out and comes out of his breaks more than Amari Cooper tbh. I think Odunze is going to be one of those guys who as you said won't flash the big numbers at the combine but he'll be right there in every category and he does the little things like working back and boxing guys out pretty well.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Please give Nabers to Justin Herbert

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/kalynkahler/status/1745856413711352017

This is the funniest possible outcome.

I would never stop laughing if in order to avoid the Bears this dude goes into the supplemental draft lol.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Dexo posted:

I would never stop laughing if in order to avoid the Bears this dude goes into the supplemental draft lol.

Oh my god that would be amazing.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The Panthers would have the first pick in that scenario lmao

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
So the idea is that Williams may go to the supplemental draft to avoid the Bears in favor of the Panthers?

That's a theory.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

... no matter how hard you lol Bears, how are the Panthers the better scenario?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

So the idea is that Williams may go to the supplemental draft to avoid the Bears in favor of the Panthers?

That's a theory.

It’s a bad one. You have to somehow lose college eligibility to be in the supplementary draft. He has plenty.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kalli posted:

... Maybe the weather?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Kalli posted:

No Eberflus? And it isn’t a historically awful franchise to be a rookie qb

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

at least in chicago you'd have dj moore to throw to. oh, if only the panthers had someone like that

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Diva Cupcake posted:

It’s a bad one. You have to somehow lose college eligibility to be in the supplementary draft. He has plenty.

It's a bad theory even if he could pull it off.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Dexo posted:

Didn't the NFL change the supp draft rules a while back precisely to prevent this scenario

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Didn't the NFL change the supp draft rules a while back precisely to prevent this scenario

Sorta.

The NFL has the ability to deny entry into the Supplemental Draft.

I'm assuming if Caleb did this type of fuckery the shield would not let him into it.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Haven't they only used that rule for guys with serious issues in terms of criminal or immoral poo poo though?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
What immoral poo poo, have you seen some of the players that got drafted

Also this is the NFL, half the owners have done far worse poo poo than any of the players.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mega64 posted:

What immoral poo poo, have you seen some of the players that got drafted

Also this is the NFL, half the owners have done far worse poo poo than any of the players.

I think you miss my point, I'm not saying the NFL aren't a pack of hypocrites, I'm talking about the specific application of their rules and the precedent for it with the supplemental draft.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

BlindSite posted:

I think you miss my point, I'm not saying the NFL aren't a pack of hypocrites, I'm talking about the specific application of their rules and the precedent for it with the supplemental draft.

The have rules, but apply or don't apply them based on the team. And sometimes they literally just make things up! See: Terrelle Pryor.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

What would the contract implications be if he was in the supplemental draft? I assume it would be a lot less money than being a #1 pick.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Rogue0071 posted:

What would the contract implications be if he was in the supplemental draft? I assume it would be a lot less money than being a #1 pick.

It's exactly the same. The team just forfeits that draft pick the following year. So if you take a player in the first round you lose your first rounder the following year.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

wandler20 posted:

It's exactly the same. The team just forfeits that draft pick the following year. So if you take a player in the first round you lose your first rounder the following year.

Isn’t pay slotting equivalent to the average of the round they’re taken in? He’d still lose money over going #1 overall.

Also he’s not ineligible to continue playing in college so it’s all moot.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Diva Cupcake posted:

Isn’t pay slotting equivalent to the average of the round they’re taken in? He’d still lose money over going #1 overall.

I'm pretty sure it's slot based. Josh Gordon got the same as his second round slot.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Diva Cupcake posted:

Also he’s not ineligible to continue playing in college so it’s all moot.

He just needs to get his coach to buy him a burger or find some dumb rule to break that would get him expelled and/or punished by the NCAA.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

wandler20 posted:

And aren't the bids determined by this year's draft position? So if Chicago and Washington both submitted first round bids for him, Chicago would get him? Or would Carolina still hold that position?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Black Lighter posted:

And aren't the bids determined by this year's draft position? So if Chicago and Washington both submitted first round bids for him, Chicago would get him? Or would Carolina still hold that position?

The latter

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
JJ McCarthy declared.

https://x.com/jjmccarthy09/status/1746596973124174086?s=46&t=N63qpuREHi8xKiU-cwu1OQ

Doesn’t seem better than the fifth best QB to me, but not sure he would declare if that was the feedback he got.

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Next year's QB class seems to be really lacking high end talent too. Expected him to collect some NIL money this year and challenge for a top-10 pick next draft

But maybe he knows he is secretly not very good

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
Isaiah Davis. Learn the name. He'll end up flying up boards after the Senior Bowl.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The team is also losing a ton of production so he would probably look worse regardless.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
McCarthy is just Stetson Bennett with a yoga routine

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Admittedly better than Stetson Bennett with a drinking problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

i really don't think the consensus #1 overall player would go to the supplemental draft in this day and age. there are a lot of other things that go along with being the first pick in the draft besides money anyway. there's marketing to it, there's hype, plus there's this sense of pride that many of these guys have. i get the reasoning if you're someone who would be picked like 10th or something but not the obvious #1