Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

You can also stack enlarge from multiple sources to increase the thrower’s size eg enlarge casted from two different companions will increase your size by 2

My current Durge is a duergar, and thus has Enlarge as a cantrip once per long rest. I am going to respec every companion to have enough caster levels to cast Enlarge, and once per day I shall become large enough to fastball Steel Watchers over the horizon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

I felt stupid as poo poo when I tried to leap across the Hag’s room, only for Karlach to bump her head on something and take falling damage. drat you jump path - why didn’t you warn me this wasn’t going to work?

In Act 3 a Steel Watcher fighting my guys did the exact same thing, bonked a crane, fell to the ground ignominiously. Why does their AI love jumping so much.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

TraderStav posted:

Modding question: Only recently did I start dabbling with QOL mods, so I have never dealt with them following a patch. Is there anything that I should know/do to prepare for potential conflicts? Does the BG3 Mod Manager automatically update mods as updates become available for them from their developers, or must I go back to the page and redownload them individually?

You’ve got to keep up with mod changes. There is a Larian discord with a mod releases, mod chat, and mod support channels. I would advise turning auto update in steam since big patches like patch 5 threw a lot of mods into disarray.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

space uncle posted:

I felt stupid as poo poo when I tried to leap across the Hag’s room, only for Karlach to bump her head on something and take falling damage. drat you jump path - why didn’t you warn me this wasn’t going to work?

In Act 3 a Steel Watcher fighting my guys did the exact same thing, bonked a crane, fell to the ground ignominiously. Why does their AI love jumping so much.

cuz jumping is OP

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

exquisite tea posted:

Be warned that you can make Karlach so large that it actually starts to mess up her throwing trajectory lmao

I kind of wish magical bigness carried over into cutscenes so I could bring Balduran sword + colossus elixir + 4x enlarge Karlach to loom over Gortash like an angry god.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

TraderStav posted:

Modding question: Only recently did I start dabbling with QOL mods, so I have never dealt with them following a patch. Is there anything that I should know/do to prepare for potential conflicts? Does the BG3 Mod Manager automatically update mods as updates become available for them from their developers, or must I go back to the page and redownload them individually?

The mod manager keeps them updated. Be warned that mods tend to break things and introduce bugs/glitches

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

You should be able to wield the watchers sword as long as you’re hopped up on storm giant strength

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Beasteh posted:

The mod manager keeps them updated. Be warned that mods tend to break things and introduce bugs/glitches

You're going to need to show me that on the settings because the only thing I can see BG3MM keeping updated is itself. I have had to install every mod manually and some things like UI mods do not go through BG3MM like WASD or Native Camera Tweaks.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!

bird with big dick posted:

You should be able to wield the watchers sword as long as you’re hopped up on storm giant strength

Not the last time I tried to. They weigh 100 pounds and I think they put a hard block on them rather than just a “your strength must be so high” one.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Beasteh posted:

Vortex might? But BG3MM absolutely does not.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

So in my honor run i accidentally pissed off the druids (still not sure what I did...I convinced Kagha to side with me against the shadow druids, we won...then all the regular druids aggro'd). I managed to escape back to camp with a couple of my guys but two of my party members are stuck incapacitated inside the druid HQ. They succeeded on saving throws so they aren't dead and won't die, and I can't use Withers to rezz them. I also can't get back to them because all the druids attack me as I try to get back to them. Is there some way to just make them die so I can rez them? I can't rest and make the camp go back to being neutral; everyone's stuck on temporarily hostile.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Geekboy posted:

Not the last time I tried to. They weigh 100 pounds and I think they put a hard block on them rather than just a “your strength must be so high” one.

I think he means "This is how Larian should make it." The game's only full-time AoE melee weapon.

Ethel consistently had 3 hill giant potions per long rest so I was up to 9 by the time she left, then the dwarf in the Underdark has them fairly often. I'm running a battle master great weapon mastery fighter on tactician so I end up having to long rest every 3-4 encounters which means I burn through a lot. Looking forward to hitting act 2 shortly so I can restock at more vendors.

I also messed up this run and 1-rounded the boss that gives you a permanent +1 to a stat during the first encounter so it didn't give me the option. I decided to see if doing it nonlethal would mean the boss would pop up later, nope.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

buffalo all day posted:

So in my honor run i accidentally pissed off the druids (still not sure what I did...I convinced Kagha to side with me against the shadow druids, we won...then all the regular druids aggro'd). I managed to escape back to camp with a couple of my guys but two of my party members are stuck incapacitated inside the druid HQ. They succeeded on saving throws so they aren't dead and won't die, and I can't use Withers to rezz them. I also can't get back to them because all the druids attack me as I try to get back to them. Is there some way to just make them die so I can rez them? I can't rest and make the camp go back to being neutral; everyone's stuck on temporarily hostile.

1. Never cast Friends on Kagha.
2. Switch to your downed party members and wait in real-time until they die die, then you should be able to res them at Withers.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

exquisite tea posted:

1. Never cast Friends on Kagha.
2. Switch to your downed party members and wait in real-time until they die die, then you should be able to res them at Withers.

1. Gah!
2. They survived three saving throws...at some point do they just die after enough turns have elapsed? I guess I can keep waiting. Lmao

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I have heard Friends being the downfall of so many honor mode runs. I think they should’ve made it have a penalty in balanced, a lot of people are straight up having their honour mode runs potentially wrecked by not realizing the consequences are making everyone aggro after 60 seconds

Consequently, enhance ability becomes much more valuable for social encounters as well as disguise self

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

I have heard Friends being the downfall of so many honor mode runs. I think they should’ve made it have a penalty in balanced, a lot of people are straight up having their honour mode runs potentially wrecked by not realizing the consequences are making everyone aggro after 60 seconds

Consequently, enhance ability becomes much more valuable for social encounters as well as disguise self

Don't use Hunger of Hadar in the Last Light Inn encounter unless you have a good path out.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Maybe I should add "Don't use Friends on Tactician or higher" to the OP.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Friends can still be useful, you just have to be confident that the person you're speaking to either won't stick around or will very shortly be dead anyway.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

I just want my guys to die so I can rezz them!!

Boogan
May 1, 2005

f off
Have you tried short resting? Might heal them.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Friends can still be useful, you just have to be confident that the person you're speaking to either won't stick around or will very shortly be dead anyway.

Yeah, I haven't gotten busted for using friends yet but small sample size and I generally leave as soon as I'm done with the conversation, seems like friends doesn't start ticking down until you're done with the conversation. Talking is a free action, etc.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I’ve been using Friends and Enhance Ability the whole time. Although friends was more of an Act 1 thing and we just so happened to not stick around when the spell wore off. Enhance Ability was usually used for perception checks since you can just keep it up all day.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

TraderStav posted:

Don't use Hunger of Hadar in the Last Light Inn encounter unless you have a good path out.

I actually used it upstairs and it started hitting all the fists in the closed room downstairs and they all kept healing themselves and didn’t aggro me which was interesting

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

I actually used it upstairs and it started hitting all the fists in the closed room downstairs and they all kept healing themselves and didn’t aggro me which was interesting

I did it upstairs also, didn't trigger anyone below but Jaheira came sprinting into it to talk to Isobel. Then I had to book it the gently caress out of there. My halfling jumped off the balcony like a frat party raid

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I had to kill all the Harpers that helped me at the drider fight because one of them was standing in my spike growth at the end of the fight tho

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

It sure would be nice if neutral NPCs that are on the same side as you in a fight had less of a hair trigger about AoEs placed during the fight. Or were just smarter about not walking through them.

Unrelated, I also wish that camp avatars didn't auto walk back to their tent as soon as you focus somebody else, even defying turn based mode. It seems like it's specifically to make group buffing more tedious without making it actually impossible.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

I played all of Act 1 and 2 on Balanced, then bumped to Tactician for Act 3. So it was a big surprise when Friends changed from “win this dialogue skill check” to “piss everyone off and get attacked”.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Always turn on turn-based after a fight ends and manually turn off concentration

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Thundarr posted:

Unrelated, I also wish that camp avatars didn't auto walk back to their tent as soon as you focus somebody else, even defying turn based mode. It seems like it's specifically to make group buffing more tedious without making it actually impossible.

It would be nice but I’ve mostly just spent time figuring out which camp clusters people together in a desirable way

I’m using astarion, Shadowheart and laezel this run for example and in the moonrise towers camp they’re all together within casting range of aid

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost
gently caress it, restarted my run. Hate to waste the time, but my respecced Barbarian remained a Guild Artisan, and I just couldn't handle the wrongness. Gave myself Soldier and a big bod, feels good now.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

exquisite tea posted:

Friends is for enemies, got it.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Zirak posted:

So that reddit thread a few pages back seemed to conclude that a lot of these issues were caused by mods. Do you have any installed? If so it might be worth removing them if that's feasible just to see if it works afterwards. I believe the No Party Limit mod was one of the most common culprits.
EDIT: Only after the most recent hotfix, to be clear.

I didn’t THINK I had mods enabled because I’m used to Bethesda games where mods only apply if you launch the game from the mod manager, but apparently try BG3mod manager I got from nexus and messed around with briefly did actually put mods in my game permanently because I just did a new start and the extra hairstyle pack I downloaded was there.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
The NPCs die to each other’s too. In the grove I restarted the fight with the Shadow Druids last night after Kagha (who was on my side) cast Moonbeam and burned the wolf companion in there to a crisp. What the hell, Kagha? That puppy didn’t deserve that!

Wait wait my reaction is supposed to be “the person who allowed that to happen should be fired and I demand a refund on this game I bought years before it was released!”

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Entropic posted:

Friends is for enemies, got it.

Well yeah if they're friends you wouldn't need to use magic to make them friends

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Not sure what this friend thing is but I'm not about to start dabbling in it in my video games

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Friends don't let friends Friends friends. Friends friends to make enemies.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

OzFactor posted:

Friends don't let friends Friends friends. Friends friends to make enemies.

But enough about 90s sitcom, let's talk about Baldur's Gate 3.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Thundarr posted:

I kind of wish magical bigness carried over into cutscenes so I could bring Balduran sword + colossus elixir + 4x enlarge Karlach to loom over Gortash like an angry god.

It does though? I guess it depends on the cutscene. Because I was using the balduran sword during the end of the game and my giant orc shimmying up the tentacle at the end was hilarious. Also a comparatively tiny Raphael angrily glaring up at her was fun.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
About to wrap Gauntlet of Shar. Cool rear end dungeon though the puzzles might be a wee bit annoying on subsequent plays. I'm sure some or all of them can be creatively circumvented.

Anyhow, anything especially important I should get before wrapping? Not concerned about going back to act one, but I'm sick of this gloom so will be booking it toward the end of the act once I finish with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

I had to kill all the Harpers that helped me at the drider fight because one of them was standing in my spike growth at the end of the fight tho

They walked through my fire wall and agro'd after the fight for me. I knocked some out, and I killed some.