Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Hizawk posted:

Layers and warming packs, ain't that big of a deal (but I'm Canadian).

Made me curious about the coldest CFL game.

https://cfldb.ca/2014/06/statistics-refresh/

1993-11-21 Edmonton at Calgary
-21.3°C (-6°F), -32°C (-26°F) windchill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Looks like the AP dgaf about double team rate

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

D-LINK posted:

Looks like the AP dgaf about double team rate

Good catch. Watt is also in their coasting on reputation. His brother's reputation.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
drat, when's the last time the Lions had 5 all pros.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Donald and Kelce coasting on reputation, but otherwise that's a really good list.

Donald was insane this year:
https://x.com/RH3DAGOAT/status/1743659350189801849?s=20

Kelce was like top 2 or 3 in pretty much every major category.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Good catch. Watt is also in their coasting on reputation. His brother's reputation.

And you know, being the only player ever to lead the league in sacks 3x

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Feels like Kelce was on an insane trajectory for the first half and then majorly fell off

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Being old sucks.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Lamar Jackson first team is a joke. He was the 3rd best QB in his conference this year. 5th or 6th overall. You could make an argument for Dak at #1, but really, Purdy was head and shoulders above everyone.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Waltzing Along posted:

Lamar Jackson first team is a joke. He was the 3rd best QB in his conference this year. 5th or 6th overall. You could make an argument for Dak at #1, but really, Purdy was head and shoulders above everyone.

drat, props for keeping the TV off all day on Christmas

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Waltzing Along posted:

Lamar Jackson first team is a joke. He was the 3rd best QB in his conference this year.

You're right. This is Flacco erasure.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MJeff posted:

Build more domes.

Domes everywhere.

Man must vanquish the demon known as "weather" once and for all.

MAKE THE ENTIRE EARTH A DOME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txsgzJyBPp4

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Sauce owns.

quote:

Last year, Gardner became the first rookie CB to be named a first team All-Pro since Ronnie Lott in 1981. This year, he did something not even the 49ers' Pro Football Hall of Famer could and became the first cornerback since the AFL/NFL merger to be named a first-team All-Pro in each of his first two seasons.
https://twitter.com/fbgchase/status/1745861472985444621?s=20

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Donald and Kelce coasting on reputation, but otherwise that's a really good list.

Wagner too

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

The Ravens are top 5 in yards per play and points per game and 6th in yards per game. Their leading receiver is Zay Flowers with 858 yards and their leading back is Gus Edwards with 990 total yards.

But, yeah man, Brock Purdy.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Lamar Jackson first team is a joke. He was the 3rd best QB in his conference this year.

Who? Josh Allen and... Tua?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Freezing to death never looked so good

https://twitter.com/BrettKollmann/status/1745844716288323862?s=19

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://twitter.com/jonas_shaffer/status/1745864638586110162?t=I54FocFAumLHkhNt8CLRvA&s=19

Look at that form! My guy is ready for 60 snaps.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I wonder how good Sauce would look if every team didn't put their #3 WR on his side because the Jets are idiots.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I wonder how good Sauce would look if every team didn't put their #3 WR on his side because the Jets are idiots.

DJ Reed on the other side would be CB1 on half the teams in the league and Michael Carter II is at worst a top 3 slot corner in football. Probably pretty good.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Look at that form! My guy is ready for 60 snaps.

I suspect he reeeally does not want to miss the Super Bowl

Benjamin Disraeli
Oct 19, 2005

Let's have some fun
This beat is sick
Let's play a Love game!

Do the Chiefs still not let you wear heated clothing into Arrowhead? Only place I've been so far that banned it which I thought was kind of odd. Like I don't think that any amount of boozing before the game would cause me to chuck a $100 M12 battery at someone or onto the field or whatever, and that seems to be true of everyone as everywhere else I've been that allows them I've never seen them used for anything bad. At Lambeau you don't even have to take them out of your pocket to go through security anymore, although it probably helps that most of the people working security are wearing them too.

Nov 6, 2002

Joe Thuney All Pro. Belichick low balled him and lost him to the Chiefs. Love reading a hilarious article about how the Pats won't need him because they just signed Jonnu Smith who is a great blocking TE and he'll make up for it lol.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Joe Thuney All Pro. Belichick low balled him and lost him to the Chiefs. Love reading a hilarious article about how the Pats won't need him because they just signed Jonnu Smith who is a great blocking TE and he'll make up for it lol.

Clearly didn't need Shaq Mason or Ted Karras either!

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Goddamn do I miss Nnamdi. The Eagles took him away and made him play zone like a bunch of goddamn morons. At least he got paid

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Yea but what's Sauce's double team rate??

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

Yea but what's Sauce's double team rate??

barbeque and ranch

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Codependent Poster posted:

Whitlock has zero redeeming qualities.

What was the name of that QB that got kicked out of the league that he relentlessly simped for? It was really weird and was my first exposure to him back in the day.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Hard to get interceptions when you have one arm always gripping a jersey or wrapped around a receiver's arm.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Probably Magic posted:

What was the name of that QB that got kicked out of the league that he relentlessly simped for? It was really weird and was my first exposure to him back in the day.

Colin Kaepernick.

:lmao: hell no his hate of Kaep was on another level

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

3 DONG HORSE posted:

barbeque and ranch

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Probably Magic posted:

Jeff George because they played together in college

And tbf, George still maybe has a Top 5 all time arm. Just nothing else needed for the QB position

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Jeff George because they played together in college

And tbf, George still maybe has a Top 5 all time arm. Just nothing else needed for the QB position

Also was reportedly such an rear end in a top hat that even the NFL was like "nah not worth it."

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Birds of a feather, Jeff & Jason seem to be...

:thunk:

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

HappyHippo posted:

Made me curious about the coldest CFL game.

https://cfldb.ca/2014/06/statistics-refresh/

1993-11-21 Edmonton at Calgary
-21.3°C (-6°F), -32°C (-26°F) windchill

Actually, the coldest ever CFL game played was the 1991 Grey Cup in Winnipeg, the temperature at kickoff was -16°C (3F) with a wind chill of -35°C (-31F).

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/en/news/weather/seasonal/u-s-vs-canada-which-football-championship-is-the-coldest-on-record

I remember being at the 2000 Grey Cup when it was around -30C and yeah it's not pleasant.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

R.D. Mangles posted:

when we had -30 windchills they were literally lighting the L tracks on fire to stop them from icing over.

Are you talking about the L, or the Metra? For the latter those are propane heaters to prevent ice from building up in the switches. Looks loving cool though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z76ywZDXyPw

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Can someone post the ESPN+ post mortem on the pats dynasty thank you and god bless.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
A lot of talking heads are looking at these playoff brackets and picking the Ravens to win the Super Bowl. Makes me nervous as hell. When was the last time the presumptive favorite going into the Playoffs won the whole thing? 07 Pats, 12 Broncos, 13 Broncos, 15 Panthers, and 19 Ravens all lost. Last year was a matchup of #1 seeds that seemed pretty evenly matched. Maybe the presumptive favorite doesn't apply to Baltimore this year. 23 Ravens aren't as dominant as that 19 team at least. Honestly, the 49ers are right there with the Ravens, and a rematch probably doesn't have a +5 turnover margin in Baltimore's favor.

Still, it feels like the "best" regular season team rarely wins the Super Bowl.

Nov 6, 2002

The Puppy Bowl posted:

A lot of talking heads are looking at these playoff brackets and picking the Ravens to win the Super Bowl. Makes me nervous as hell. When was the last time the presumptive favorite going into the Playoffs won the whole thing? 07 Pats, 12 Broncos, 13 Broncos, 15 Panthers, and 19 Ravens all lost. Last year was a matchup of #1 seeds that seemed pretty evenly matched. Maybe the presumptive favorite doesn't apply to Baltimore this year. 23 Ravens aren't as dominant as that 19 team at least. Honestly, the 49ers are right there with the Ravens, and a rematch probably doesn't have a +5 turnover margin in Baltimore's favor.

Still, it feels like the "best" regular season team rarely wins the Super Bowl.

I think the Ravens look so much better than anyone else in the conference. And for what it's worth they already curb-stomped the best NFC team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
True. This is what makes me nervous. The 06 Raven, 19 Ravens, and this year's Orioles has hosed up the City of Baltimore's intuition around being a frontrunner.