Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Wonder what his wife has to feel guilty about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

My wife also has the gift of premonition. She always knows when there's stuff around the house I need to do.

HEYYYY-OH!!!!

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Then my wife struck a superhero pose and said ":byodame: TRUMPKANDA FOREVER" and I think that's a cross-over we can all agree with!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
it actually happens but because they set it up in a tent inside congress

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

Let's be clear: the Dems ALLOWED the HFC to kick him out because he ONCE AGAIN was talking poo poo after making a deal with them, and they were completely sick of Kevin

Not just allowed, straight up teamed up with. But the Rs are so used to circling the wagons and defending their own by default that they can't just bring themselves to accuse the HFC of colluding with the enemy.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
It would be bad for a million self-evident reasons, but part of me wants to see Biden embrace the Trump lawyers' argument about presidential immunity meaning he can have his rivals murdered.

Don't do it, just put up billboards all over the country that say "Donald Trump draws breath because I permit it"

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Aramis posted:

Not just allowed, straight up teamed up with. But the Rs are so used to circling the wagons and defending their own by default that they can't just bring themselves to accuse the HFC of colluding with the enemy.

Because the HFC have outsized power because they allow them too, because they will all go personally to Trump, and every other GOP house member is shaking and crying at Trump Truthing about them

loving pathetic

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Escape From Noise posted:

Edit: I don't want to start a derail.

:wtc:

beef sweat
Jan 1, 2013

While we’re on the embarrassment of Louisiana politics, i gotta throw out the classic

https://youtu.be/79ITSchwNKg?si=WIZWT0H8-kzQ2W8c

There is too much police corruption in Louisiana to post it all so here’s a recent one.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna118104

quote:

Three Baton Rouge police officers have been hit with criminal charges as investigators probe allegations that a street crime unit turned an unmarked warehouse dubbed the “Brave Cave" into a torture chamber where innocent people were assaulted, stripped, and subjected to body cavity searches, the police chief said Friday.

Deputy Chief Troy Lawrence Sr. was charged with simple battery, obstruction of justice, malfeasance in office and theft, and was placed on administrative leave, Baton Rouge Police Chief Murphy Paul said.

Sgt. Jesse Barcelona was charged with obstruction of justice, malfeasance in office and theft, Paul said. And Cpl. Todd Thomas was charged with theft, obstruction of justice, malfeasance in office and simple battery. Those two officers were also placed on leave.

An arrest warrant has also been issued for a fourth officer who faces a charge of malfeasance in office, Paul said. He identified the officer as Cpl. Douglas Hughes but gave no details about whether he was in custody.

The investigation that ensnared the officers, Paul said, began with a complaint from a resident in August who said that in September 2020 he was strip-searched, beaten and tased by members of the now-disbanded street crime unit called BRAVE, short for Baton Rouge Area Violence Elimination.

The alleged "Brave Cave," an unmarked warehouse reportedly used by the Baton Rouge Police Department.
The alleged "Brave Cave," an unmarked warehouse reportedly used by the Baton Rouge Police Department.Courtesy Attorney Thomas Frampton
A body camera recorded the incident, Paul said, but "the officers didn’t realize that the body camera was on until after the incident" when the footage was shown to "a supervisor."

“A plan was then made to cover up the incident and get rid of the body camera," Paul said.

Country rocker Jelly Roll pushes for new anti-fentanyl legislation at Senate hearing
The arrests came a little over a week after the embattled Louisiana police department was served with a second lawsuit alleging BRAVE officers abused a city resident, a 47-year-old grandmother named Ternell Brown who said she had been taken to a “torture warehouse” after officers making a traffic stop found bottles of legal prescription medication in her car.

“She was forced to show officers that she was not hiding contraband in her vagina or rectum,” the Baton Rouge woman’s complaint stated. “After more than two hours, they let her go without charge.”

Amid the "Brave Cave" investigation, Lawrence's son, Troy Lawrence Jr., resigned from the force after he was arrested last month on suspicion of battery in a separate incident while he was still on the force and on duty.

Paul said that investigation has been completed but gave no further details. But Troy Lawrence Jr. is one of the officers named in Brown’s complaint.

Baton Rouge police officers
question Jeremy Lee at the warehouse they reportedly call the "Brave Cave."
Baton Rouge police officers question Jeremy Lee at the warehouse they reportedly call the "Brave Cave."U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana
Troy Lawrence Jr. had also been a member of the BRAVE unit, which was disbanded after another resident, Jeremy Lee, filed a lawsuit alleging that in January he was taken to the “Brave Cave” and beaten by the officers.

Lee, in the court papers, identified the officer who arrested him as Troy Lawrence Jr.

The Lawrences live at the same Baton Rouge address, according to available records. There was no answer when a phone number associated with the address was called for comment.

Earlier, Paul said his department had received seven complaints from people who said they were taken to the “Brave Cave.” He said he requested a federal investigation and his department is cooperating with the FBI.

On Friday, Paul said the number of administrative investigations had climbed to nine.

Yeah, I’ll take my chances with a crackhead you loving imbecile.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol He came in 14th place in the Republican primary with a nutty 0.7% of the primary votes

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Trump is currently mass-spamming his truth social with a ton of articles he hasn't read

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

TulliusCicero posted:

Let's be clear: the Dems ALLOWED the HFC to kick him out because he ONCE AGAIN was talking poo poo after making a deal with them, and they were completely sick of Kevin
Which gets a :lmao: get rekt

Escape From Noise posted:

Lol.

McCarthy.

Lmfao

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Toxic Mental posted:

Trump is currently mass-spamming his truth social with a ton of articles he hasn't read

Is it about IMMUNITY?! MY WILL IS ABSOLUTE!?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/ronfilipkowski/status/1745879281404715224?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

:allears:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:hmbol:

Don't worry man, you got Newsmax and OANN!

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Doesn't MyPillow take up an extraordinary percentage of the ad space on FOX? They going to replace them with Trumpy Bear or Trump Trading cards?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Oh no

Anyway

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Jelly posted:

Doesn't MyPillow take up an extraordinary percentage of the ad space on FOX? They going to replace them with Trumpy Bear or Trump Trading cards?

well considering that in the interview linked in that tweet, Mike repeatedly says "the great, real president donald trump" I'm gonna guess they decided to finally cut losses with the guy who materially contributed to the $700 million judgement against them. good riddance

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
wonder if its because he keeps saying election crap or an ad buy check bounced?

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:lol:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I have a soft spot for Mike because the God Awful Movies episodes on “Absolute Proof” and “Absolute Interference” are among the funniest things I’ve ever heard. Top tier comedy.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

future fargo character mike lindell

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

George H.W. oval office posted:

It's one day with barely any precipitation on top of it. It's gonna be fine. This ain't the week long freeze of a couple years ago.

tru that, I'm still traumatized by last time.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Has Speaker Johnson lost the mandate of heaven yet?

Nameless Pete posted:

It would be bad for a million self-evident reasons, but part of me wants to see Biden embrace the Trump lawyers' argument about presidential immunity meaning he can have his rivals murdered.

Don't do it, just put up billboards all over the country that say "Donald Trump draws breath because I permit it"

That'll lose him democrat votes for not taking a hardline stance against Trump breathing.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/mj_lee/status/1745859283013582882
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1745860695235637308
https://twitter.com/schlagteslinks/status/1745645434696307065

called this. alot of people dont pay attention to politics and legit assume trump wont win the primary because stupid poo poo. i think polls change big once poo poo becomes real, much like roe.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

GolfHole posted:

future fargo character mike lindell

Speaking of which, anyone watching the current season of Fargo? It references Trump and MAGA a fair amount; Jon Hamm's playing a character who is basically a cross between Joe Arpaio and Ammon Bundy.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Oh no! anyway. Now he might need to get a real job.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

DaveWoo posted:

Speaking of which, anyone watching the current season of Fargo? It references Trump and MAGA a fair amount; Jon Hamm's playing a character who is basically a cross between Joe Arpaio and Ammon Bundy.

I just got Hulu, and was thinking about watching Fargo. I didn’t know Hamm was in the newest season, but it sounds interesting!

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

oh, how the fallen have continued to fall

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

beef sweat
Jan 1, 2013

Taylor Swift encouraged people to register to vote to protect abortion rights and the reaction was “Who does she think she is? She’s not even good or popular it’s not like anyone is even listening!! She needs to shut up!!!!”

But they have continued to platform a drug addicted pillow salesman spouting insane, dangerous, and financially damaging conspiracies because he also, at the same time, paid for ad space. :lol: :lmao:

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

He just needs to make MyPillow into MyGoldReserve Nap Block. Fox will pick him up immediately.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
I agree with Nate Silver. There, that was unpleasant but it had to be said.

There's probably a critical number of swing voters out there who will side with Biden in a Biden/Trump election but aren't willing to give up the fantasy that 2024 is Biden/Literally-Anybody-Else

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

DaveWoo posted:

Love it, honestly it's my favourite Fargo season so far. Jon Hamm has been amazing along with all the cast.

It's extremely timely.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dapper_Swindler posted:

[called this. alot of people dont pay attention to politics and legit assume trump wont win the primary because stupid poo poo. i think polls change big once poo poo becomes real, much like roe.

"No way would we allow a fascist insurrectionist to win, unthinkable! Anyway, both sides are the same, i'm a flip a coin"

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

lol undecided voters are morons

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I was just thinking about PREMONITION WIFE.

How can Christians(lol) support a witch?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

vaginite posted:

lol undecided voters are morons

Data Graham posted:

"No way would we allow a fascist insurrectionist to win, unthinkable! Anyway, both sides are the same, i'm a flip a coin"

i think its less "undecideds" and more "moderates/etc who have voted mostly blue for the last couple years thinking that the GOP is saner then it is. obviously we know they are wrong because we post here every day talking about it. but most people arnt politicaly tuned in, even those who pull the lever for D everytime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

My mental picture of undecideds will forever be that dipshit in 2016 that was made into a meme after a debate, and was then promptly outed as an internet creep when he tried to ride that grift train of 15 minutes fame.