Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I made some tasty soup last night and put some in a container to bring to work so I wouldn’t have to go out for lunch in the 3 degree wind chill but I forgot this morning and left it in the fridge :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I too left my lunch food at home instead of packing it for work. :smith::hf::smith:

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Good going iceholes

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
First shoveling of the day finished (shovel gang.) I'll have to do it every few hours to prevent this neutron star-rear end snow from exploding my spine.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
My lunch is also at home

As am I

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Freaquency posted:

We have a building in the Chicago suburbs that is offline right now because ComEd is apparently completely hosed. We have two feeders to that property too, it should never lose power.

Back in 2012 - 2013, I had ComEd as a client. They don't know their rear end from their elbow. Textbook example of a million layers of bureaucracy with no one with the authority to do anything.

Here in Iowa, it's utter bedlam. City of Dubuque decided not to bother putting the plows out because it's going to hit possibly ten inches of snow today, with some projections as high as 13. And that's after we got slammed on Monday night and Wednesday night.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I finally got TSA Precheck, and I gotta say, I'm unreasonably excited to have to spend less time in lines at airports going forward.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Freaquency posted:

Such is the power of Steve Nash

You can't talk this way about canadian superstar steve nash!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I. M. Gei posted:

I wish Burger King would bring back those Back Porch Griller burgers from like 20 years ago. That poo poo was good as gently caress.

I thought you were like 19

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Qwijib0 posted:

You can't talk this way about canadian superstar steve nash!

No no, Steve Nash was at the game to spur his Santa Clara, uh *checks notes* Broncos? to victory over the dastardly Gonzaga Bulldogs. He is the hero in this story.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

seiferguy posted:

I finally got TSA Precheck, and I gotta say, I'm unreasonably excited to have to spend less time in lines at airports going forward.

Not having to take off belt and shoes is such a game changer. Also, its probably a coincidence, but myself and two others I know got selected for random enhanced screening like the 2nd time we used it. It just meant they go over the electronics with the residue test, but it does take a few minutes (still way faster than regular security). Just don't be surprised if the 2nd or 3rd go they have you take out all electronics and swab them.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Intruder posted:

Is he at least going to take care of it now

He says he will because he feels bad about ruining my grandma's first vacation in like 5 years but I'm 99% sure he'll forget or decide to spend his time and money elsewhere. Dad did suggest his ex-wife's ex-husband could go instead but Nanna didn't really want a convicted murderer (I can't remember if he killed one or two people) who just got out of prison last year to help her.

It's too cold and we didn't any snow where I'm at. If it's going to be freezing at least give me that.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

swickles posted:

Not having to take off belt and shoes is such a game changer. Also, its probably a coincidence, but myself and two others I know got selected for random enhanced screening like the 2nd time we used it. It just meant they go over the electronics with the residue test, but it does take a few minutes (still way faster than regular security). Just don't be surprised if the 2nd or 3rd go they have you take out all electronics and swab them.

I've gotten the electronics swab random check before. Thankfully it was a time where the only electronics I had was my cell phone so it went real quick.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Rectal Placenta posted:

Things are cookin' in SE Wisconsin. We're getting like an inch per hour right now.

It's been great. Also great: transporting a guy to the hospital 20 miles away in said storm because he vomited once. Last night.

I love my job, but what the hell dude, wait it out!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

seiferguy posted:

You’ll be so glad you spent $89 to save so much hassle.

Mine is coming up for renewal this year.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

It's been great. Also great: transporting a guy to the hospital 20 miles away in said storm because he vomited once. Last night.

I love my job, but what the hell dude, wait it out!

Is this rare for yall? It’s like an immutable law here that we will get a call for back pain x2 weeks, general malaise, cold-like symptoms or some other nonsense as soon as weather kicks up. Had sciatica x2 days in a tornado warning earlier this week. Waited right until the squall line got to us.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Precheck rules. Except in airports where they don't give you any bins when you still have to take items out of your pockets. Or in the Asheville airport where they have the Precheck line but give you a red card after they scan your ID/boarding pass but before the scanners. So of course people put the red card in the bin and TSA has to hold up the line to yell at people to carry the red card with them or take off their shoes, belts, etc. It makes no sense.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Tulalip Tulips posted:

He says he will because he feels bad about ruining my grandma's first vacation in like 5 years but I'm 99% sure he'll forget or decide to spend his time and money elsewhere. Dad did suggest his ex-wife's ex-husband could go instead but Nanna didn't really want a convicted murderer (I can't remember if he killed one or two people) who just got out of prison last year to help her.

It's too cold and we didn't any snow where I'm at. If it's going to be freezing at least give me that.

His ex-wife's ex-husband? Am I crazy or is that a weird offer even without the other stuff which I won't pry into at all

I'd say bug him about it every few days but I'm sure you've thought of that already

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I’ve signed up for pre-check/global entry like two years ago but I’ve never been able to schedule an interview. There was a month where I was looking literally every day and nothing. So I gave up. I still look every once in a while but it’s probably gonna lapse sooner or later and I’ll have to start over.

The only opportunity I’ve had to do it is coming back from an international flight and they’ll let you wait in line to do it but it’s always like a 4-5 hour wait and gently caress that after a long trip.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Dango Bango posted:

Precheck rules. Except in airports where they don't give you any bins when you still have to take items out of your pockets. Or in the Asheville airport where they have the Precheck line but give you a red card after they scan your ID/boarding pass but before the scanners. So of course people put the red card in the bin and TSA has to hold up the line to yell at people to carry the red card with them or take off their shoes, belts, etc. It makes no sense.

San Diego does the same thing with the card and I saw someone in front of me stick it in their mouth to empty their pockets :barf:

That’s actually the biggest airport I recall running into the card system; usually it’s the smaller regional airports. Although, if you travel with someone without precheck and go through the regular line with them you may get the card and keep your shoes on.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

seiferguy posted:

Yeah, the 13 year old didn't exist. It was someone acting as one, hence the sting. But yeah, no court would use that as evidence.

With the latest incident it appears to be a real 15 year old he'd been sexting with/sending dick pics to who reported him and there's an actual criminal complaint making its way through the system but I don't know much more than what I was able to quickly google

But the 13 year old not existing doesn't matter, police run those kinds of stings all the time. The problem was that the youtuber did all this stuff on his own so there's no way to use it against him in court

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

In July 2016my wife and I drove out to Wisconsin so she could go to a residency (at the Kohler factory in Sheboygan, which is very weird and cool) and we stopped at Badlands in South Dakota for most of a day. I took a bunch of pics. It is a spectacular place to visit. We only went to the scenic overlooks and pull outs and easy pathways, didn't do any real hiking because we didn't have time, so everything below is from very family-friendly spots. I think we got pretty lucky with the wildlife.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’ve signed up for pre-check/global entry like two years ago but I’ve never been able to schedule an interview. There was a month where I was looking literally every day and nothing. So I gave up. I still look every once in a while but it’s probably gonna lapse sooner or later and I’ll have to start over.

The only opportunity I’ve had to do it is coming back from an international flight and they’ll let you wait in line to do it but it’s always like a 4-5 hour wait and gently caress that after a long trip.

Double check this again because I was able to go to a Staples and get the in-person Precheck sign up stuff taken care of.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Leperflesh posted:

In July 2016my wife and I drove out to Wisconsin so she could go to a residency (at the Kohler factory in Sheboygan, which is very weird and cool) and we stopped at Badlands in South Dakota for most of a day. I took a bunch of pics. It is a spectacular place to visit. We only went to the scenic overlooks and pull outs and easy pathways, didn't do any real hiking because we didn't have time, so everything below is from very family-friendly spots. I think we got pretty lucky with the wildlife.

Nice pics. Yea the badlands are really cool, but I've never hiked there. Generally I don't think it's great hiking and you have to bring a lot of water because there isn't much water in the park. It's definitely a good day trip, drive through the park kind of place.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

That bird with the grasshopper on the stop sign was super pleased with itself. That was at a parking lot off the road, it was just up there in the wind looking around like "hey everyone look at this poo poo. Biiig juicy bug. I got it. Not gonna eat it yet. Just look. Marvel at my birdy hunty prowess."

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Dango Bango posted:

Double check this again because I was able to go to a Staples and get the in-person Precheck sign up stuff taken care of.

Or just show up. Both my wife and I went at seperate times and just did a walk in at MIA and were in and out under an hour.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Joey Freshwater posted:

The place I did my "interview" (all they did was take my payment and take my fingerprints) had appointments all day available and did walk ins as well. Just find a place and walk in after you do the part online.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Android Apocalypse posted:

If McDonald's out quarter pounder patties in their Big Mac I'd become so :btroll: from eating those all the time.
If you go inside you can ask for Mac sauce on a quarter pounder.

They'll even do it for a McDouble, ask me how I know*

*I asked and they did it for a 25 cent upcharge WORTH IT

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I'm awaiting delivery+assembly of my new bed. Should I consider tipping the delivery team? It's currently -27°F (RealFeel -38°F) in Calgary. In Celsius that's -33/-39.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I'm awaiting delivery+assembly of my new bed. Should I consider tipping the delivery team? It's currently -27°F (RealFeel -38°F) in Calgary. In Celsius that's -33/-39.

of course.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Last time I had a plumber out I tipped his apprentice with edible gummies haha

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I genuinely don’t know, is tipping culture a thing in Canada? In the US I’d say that’s a psycho question even without those weather conditions but you probably know that. Though to be fair I guess with someone like my tattoo artist I tip extremely well because I want them in a very good mood while they work on me, your bed is more a fixable issue if they’re grumpy.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Yes, I doubt they are getting hazard pay.

a sexual elk posted:

Last time I had a plumber out I tipped his apprentice with edible gummies haha

My man!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Anytime someone comes to my place to do work or deliver and setup/install I always have bottled water and some snacks at the ready. If it's morning, I offer coffee and pastry, and sometimes, if I remember, I also have bottles of gatorade. As for tipping, if they are delivery and setup like with appliances or furniture I tip like a 20 total, but will do 20 each guy if its an involved or longer thing. Movers, I will go up to $50. I don't tip if its an independent contractor that I deal with directly, like a handyman or a carpenter since the price is directly set and negotiated by them.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I always provide beer, soda, water, and pizza for anyone working on my house or yard

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

There's juuuust enough wind that waiting for my lunch at the local taco truck was incredibly unpleasant.

California burrito with al pastor is worth it tho.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Man the infusion center of a hospital isn't a very cheerful place

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

You can tell it's cold cause I got 3 out of 4 cats on my lap and tolerating each other.

Intruder posted:

His ex-wife's ex-husband? Am I crazy or is that a weird offer even without the other stuff which I won't pry into at all

I'd say bug him about it every few days but I'm sure you've thought of that already

Oh no, it weirded out everyone except my dad and maybe that ex-husband but I don't know, never met the guy. The only murderer my dad knows that I've ever met was friend and roommate of his who killed 3 people in the late 80s.

It jusr increadibly frustraiting to routinely get called in to try and basically case manage my dad. At least I got paid to have people call me oval office when handling their case when I was doing field work.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Intruder posted:

My lunch is also at home

As am I
:same:
I made the Serious Eats oven baked buffalo wings for lunch, they were crispy and good. I prepped them last night.

Sorry Android Apocalypse, I just ate them right out of the bowl I used to toss them, no fancy plating for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
If you're even considering traveling internationally, get Global Entry instead of Precheck. It's like a $22 difference and Global Entry includes Precheck.