Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Arc Hammer posted:

You can't just say that and not post the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9X_FmCbrIA

man lightsabers have looked like poo poo since disney got their hands on star wars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Holy poo poo the ending of the curse. I like some weird bullshit but not like this. I don't get it

Edit: I feel pranked. I don't get it. What the gently caress

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Sex Farm posted:

Holy poo poo the ending of the curse. I like some weird bullshit but not like this. I don't get it

I'll repost here what I put in the tv iv thread. The biggest theme of the whole show was trying to "help" people in ways that don't help them or actively hurt them. It happens over and over throughout. Showing asher in need of help and the help others give him only making things worse and worse totally lines up with the theme. I get what you mean though. It seems like they could have done something still on that theme without being so strange with it. At least I can't say it was boring.

Professor Spatula
Apr 16, 2007
Watched Tropic Thunder for the first time in close to a decade. Goddamn what a fun movie.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxTLE7O_Ac8

Has probably already been posted idk!

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
I know we are all salivating with excitement for Velma season 2 to come out, but in the meantime the Ted prequel series has arrived for us all to enjoy!

X JAKK fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jan 12, 2024

Argyle Gargoyle
Apr 1, 2009

ABSTRACT SHAPES CREW

AEMINAL posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxTLE7O_Ac8

Has probably already been posted idk!

It's dated but Bas is a certified badass so :shrug:
You might be looking for something more like Master Po https://youtu.be/e_EOq4d0ICE

Argyle Gargoyle fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jan 12, 2024

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sex Farm posted:

It was so strange, but I appreciate the bizarreness of it

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Sex Farm posted:

Yeah, that was...interesting. I don't know how I feel about it other than "what the gently caress" and "that was wild".

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Just saw Suitable Flesh and it was pretty darn good. Jays pervert opinions correct again

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
good for nathan, gets to keep making things that he wants to make. respek

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I should finish the curse before my cbs all access trial expires, but I just keep watching ds9

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.

Gutcruncher posted:

Just saw Suitable Flesh and it was pretty darn good. Jays pervert opinions correct again

knowing it was the film he just didn't live long enough to make, it really is a great homage to stuart gordon, without just being a lame attempt to ape his style

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I'm glad nathan's also doing rehearsal season 2. That show was a level of nathan-ness I could stomach better

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

No Mods No Masters posted:

I'm glad nathan's also doing rehearsal season 2. That show was a level of nathan-ness I could stomach better
Well, hopefully. It got announced in 2022, but with the current state of Max and them ending the majority of their shows, you never know if it's actually still going to happen or not. They just killed off another show (Our Flag Means Death) the other day.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Rageaholic posted:

Well, hopefully. It got announced in 2022, but with the current state of Max and them ending the majority of their shows, you never know if it's actually still going to happen or not. They just killed off another show (Our Flag Means Death) the other day.

Oh that’s a shame, it didn’t grab me but I know a lot of people like it. Rhys Darby is great too.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Rageaholic posted:

Hopefully Zaslav is dumb enough to think it's a normal reality show

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Kingo Ligma posted:

Hopefully Zaslav is dumb enough to think it's a normal reality show

An entire season of Nathan rehearsing a meeting with Zaslav to pitch Season 3

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Thank god that wasn't the last we'll see of Young Sheldon

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1745853687304495484

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

They should have an "old sheldon" where he's just an old rear end in a top hat bitter that his genius was never properly recognized.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

priznat posted:

They should have an "old sheldon" where he's just an old rear end in a top hat bitter that his genius was never properly recognized.

:lol: he won a Nobel Prize in the finale of the Big Bang Theory

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

PostNouveau posted:

Thank god that wasn't the last we'll see of Young Sheldon

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1745853687304495484

Personally I want to see Old Sheldon.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

:lol: he won a Nobel Prize in the finale of the Big Bang Theory

Haha, god what an insufferable show

Even still he could be a bitter dick he wasn't recognized MORE

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

priznat posted:

Haha, god what an insufferable show

Even still he could be a bitter dick he wasn't recognized MORE

I watched the finale because I have passively consumed basically all of that show because it's like half of my dad's TV consumption.

His Nobel speech is acknowledging that he's been a huge dick his whole life and promising to do better by his friends and family. Also, the character that never wanted kids is pregnant but it's a good thing?

Would have been funnier if he was mad that he split the Nobel with his wife, Blossom.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Does her character shill fake brain pills in the show too?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jose Oquendo posted:

Does her character shill fake brain pills in the show too?

No, but BOTH the other women on the show are pharma reps. I vaguely recall plots about them selling dodgy poo poo.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Watching a nobel prize speech written by someone who has never heard a single nobel dinner laureate speech in their entire life

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I wonder if it's worse than the time dave filoni tried to write a high stakes senate hearing full of political intrigue

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

I wonder if it's worse than the time dave filoni tried to write

FTFY

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Watching a nobel prize speech written by someone who has never heard a single nobel dinner laureate speech in their entire life

A Nobel Prize is like the Emmy of science right? Just do it like that.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Patreon update this morning TL;DR:

A very unenjoyable Glenn Danzig BotW Spotlight video is being edited and it will suck when it comes out!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
what if every episode of every show was secretly a backdoor pilot?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

RealityWarCriminal posted:

what if every episode of every show was secretly a backdoor pilot?

I mean gays on TV are a lot more accepted than they were a few decades ago but I don’t think we’re quite ready for THAT

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

trilobite terror posted:

our modern tech bros are literally just the contemporary iteration of the guys from ~100-150 years ago who thought that you could cure Irishness by giving people enemas and lobotomies

Sad they never cracked that one

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

they accidentally created an american strain of Irish that is 700% more insufferable

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

There should have been an episode of Star Trek where they land on Planet Boston

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

they accidentally created an american strain of Irish that is 700% more insufferable

Some American idiot that's never set foot outside the same lovely cornfield the last ten generations of their inbred family never left:

I'm Irish.

billymumphrey
Mar 2, 2022
Isn't the President Irish?

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

poisonpill posted:

There should have been an episode of Star Trek where they land on Planet Boston

Patterns of Force obviously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

I wonder if it's worse than the time dave filoni tried to write a high stakes senate hearing full of political intrigue

Can't remember if he wrote the episode where Padmé's servant told her she didn't have running water at her apartment and Padmé went to the Senate to tell them all off for spending money on more clone troopers rather than providing working plumbing and all I could think was "bitch don't you pay her yourself?"