Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

whypick1 posted:

They explained exactly why they did it and introduced it in a new league patch, so I'd hardly call that "sneaking in".

Changing anything during Sanctum league is sneaking it in by definition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

What does that even mean? Cause you didn't play it personally? You act like you're the main character everywhere or just here?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
So, is there a trick with leveling up the affliction whatever? I need to kill 500 unknowns, and i've been in what feels like a million hidey holes and i've JUST broke 200 killed. Sometimes I'm lucky if I get two before TIMES UP. I feel like the season is going to be over before I even get another point or two to distribute. ffs

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Use desecrate, find one and just cast it a bunch of times, every corpse it spawns will count as a kill.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Philthy posted:

So, is there a trick with leveling up the affliction whatever? I need to kill 500 unknowns, and i've been in what feels like a million hidey holes and i've JUST broke 200 killed. Sometimes I'm lucky if I get two before TIMES UP. I feel like the season is going to be over before I even get another point or two to distribute. ffs

In case you're not aware, you're not limited by time in the forest. You can spend all day in there. The limit is how much of the dark you can uncover. Taking a slower, more methodical approach to navigating will hopefully get you more wisps and unknowns per hole.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Philthy posted:

Rakeris posted:

Use desecrate, find one and just cast it a bunch of times, every corpse it spawns will count as a kill.

This. Definitely a bug which GGG has shown no interest in patching, so go nuts.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Path of exile: more unknowns per hole

nerox
May 20, 2001

Rakeris posted:

Be sure to link it with spell echo for even faster finishing.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Spell Cascade also spawns more corpses.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Optimize your cheesing

nerox
May 20, 2001
https://pobb.in/Era7UpgHkKPI

Here is a POB that helps maximize how fast a deadeye can finish the quest.

Be sure to follow me for more builds.

I am sure there is more I could do, but I can only spend so much time on a shitpost.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Yeah, last character I did it in 30 seconds.

1) socket in spectre and desecrate w/ spell cascade
2) find a nameless mob
3) raise spectre
4) cast desecrate 50 times
5) turn in quest

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

nerox posted:

https://pobb.in/Era7UpgHkKPI

Here is a POB that helps maximize how fast a deadeye can finish the quest.

Be sure to follow me for more builds.

I am sure there is more I could do, but I can only spend so much time on a shitpost.

smh this creator's builds are BAIT that body armor can't even exist in the dang game

nerox
May 20, 2001

Aye Doc posted:

smh this creator's builds are BAIT that body armor can't even exist in the dang game

Oops, it's skin of the loyal that has the double corrupt implicit card set.

edit: the important thing is that you follow my links to the real money item shop and buy the currency you need for this build.

nerox fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jan 12, 2024

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

question for u knowledgable goons:

Does this combo work? As in, do you killing blows count as frozen to benefit from the windripper?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mikojan posted:

Does this combo work? As in, do you killing blows count as frozen to benefit from the windripper?

I wouldn’t think so

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

"As though frozen" != "enemy is frozen"

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Yea shatter refers to the corpse destruction function of freeze. But the enemies aren't frozen. That said, I think there's an "all damage can freeze" tincture that would work? Assuming your damage/freeze duration is high enough to successfully freeze, of course. Assuming you need the poison tincture, though.

e: I haven't really thought about Windripper in a long time. Are there any cute ways to juice the damage enough for it to be viable for MF setups these days? Wildwoods juicing makes it tough, but maybe it could get to at least t7 level?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You still need to freeze them to freeze them

Not following closely sorry if I missed something

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
I think we all concur it ought not to work as written, but there's that 1% chance that Windripper and that Tincture both use the same flag to get their job done that hasn't come to light previously

And we might never know since it's so hard to test increased quant

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Yea I guess that makes sense. My buddy is using it in party play as a culler. I doubt you could juice the damage enough to be able to solo whisped maps.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Mikojan posted:

My guess is no, but this seems like a tricky one. And maybe hard to test

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
I just met the sanest exile.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/jimi13/characters
this build is something else.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

...what the actual gently caress?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

down_to_pound

(aurabots, pm me)

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I farmed a mage blood for the first time and what they don't tell you is that by the time you farm it you're too burned out to make a new character. Plus you just spent all your money and now you have 0 divines to invest.

ZyrKx
Dec 10, 2006

Licorice Whip!

Vasudus posted:

Yeah, last character I did it in 30 seconds.

1) socket in spectre and desecrate w/ spell cascade
2) find a nameless mob
3) raise spectre
4) cast desecrate 50 times
5) turn in quest

steps 1 to 3 of this are unnecessary, you can just spam desecrate in the wildwood

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Erulisse posted:

Taking a quick look at the gear I think I see where they're going with it. Seems like exclusively a budget Blight farmer, where the weapon allows General's Cry to knockback enemies at instant speed, and their leapslam allows them to knock back enemies at the same time. I have no idea how strong it is, but in actual Blight league I allocated Fending on my Poet Pen Volatile Dead and the hundreds of knockbacks in combination with the freezing towers made it very safe, and the blight enemies spent more time going backwards than forwards.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Zero VGS posted:

Taking a quick look at the gear I think I see where they're going with it. Seems like exclusively a budget Blight farmer, where the weapon allows General's Cry to knockback enemies at instant speed, and their leapslam allows them to knock back enemies at the same time. I have no idea how strong it is, but in actual Blight league I allocated Fending on my Poet Pen Volatile Dead and the hundreds of knockbacks in combination with the freezing towers made it very safe, and the blight enemies spent more time going backwards than forwards.

Yeah, these are the wave of Templars I see who bulk by my Carcass maps. I asked a couple of them why they buy these, and the answer was always "Blight."

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Salt Fish posted:

I farmed a mage blood for the first time and what they don't tell you is that by the time you farm it you're too burned out to make a new character. Plus you just spent all your money and now you have 0 divines to invest.

I've def gotten that in past leagues but it hasn't hit me yet this one cause of how much easier it was to accumulate the currency. That said, I do not know how some people do that in "normal" leagues when MB is 250d or whatever and then they also have mirror gear elsewhere. I guess most likely they're making their money outside of typical strategies and can generate much more than the typical 5-10d/hr. Or RMT lol

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Erulisse posted:

if you think that's freak poo poo, go check out the character names

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

DangerDongs posted:

Yeah, these are the wave of Templars I see who bulk by my Carcass maps. I asked a couple of them why they buy these, and the answer was always "Blight."

I think they try to generate blights with the fewest possible nodes possible because all the loot gets concentrated into the fewer chests, and one chest is guaranteed to be the blight-type reward with oils and blight maps. The carcass turning narrow hallway is good for that from what I've heard. Maybe they would be buying toxic sewers if it was in the map pool.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Yup, that's the best way to run Blights. That single lane pumps out a stupid number of monsters very rapidly, which produces a stupid number of corpses, which probably makes the boots/Generals Cry/Detonate Dead combo very comfy.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Blight maps spawn in any of the loot chests just completely randomly, but yeah if you can force it to be a 1 lane blight then you just get a bunch of oils which can actually be meaningful amounts of value if you use the upgrade oil tier sextant which I can only assume they are.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yeah, oils are pretty expensive this league, due to Blight being one of those mechanics where it's best to just avoid wildwoods and wisp juicing entirely.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Tonetta posted:

if you think that's freak poo poo, go check out the character names

It's really not nice to mock someone for worshiping the muscular golden arse of Innocence.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
appears to be a D worshipper actually

J
Jun 10, 2001

DangerDongs posted:

Hang on that goofy rear end knockback setup is a common thing? I thought it was just some wacky poo poo one person thought up.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

DaveWoo posted:

Yeah, oils are pretty expensive this league, due to Blight being one of those mechanics where it's best to just avoid wildwoods and wisp juicing entirely.

As far as I can tell, Ultimatum seems to be about the same. If I full juice and go 100% delirious, I don't see much difference in rewards except it can take forever if it's Defeat Waves of Enemies.

The only official statement I've seen is that monsters don't drop their own items, but I have no idea how Wisps/Delirious affect the rewards offered, if at all. The Wisps sure as heck affect the ulti enemies and Trialmaster boss fight though, the first time I got Trialmaster he was double empowered.

Has GGG actually said if the Wisps/Delirium will improve Ultimatum/Blight rewards? There's supposed to be some overarching design of "more difficulty = more rewards" but it's been straight up not true a lot of the time lately. They specifically give an achievement for completing an Ultimatum while Delirious so I'd hope it does something, but I'm not about to spreadsheet 100 runs to quantify it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Far as I'm aware, the only things that affects the rewards from ultimatum are the atlas tree/scarabs and map quant which boosts how the amount of catalysts you tend to get per stack. Ultimatum monsters can't get wisped at all, I think they can get delirious but won't contribute to the deli reward buildup, though the trialmaster himself can get wisped which is extremely non-ideal.
Wisps and delirium definitely affect blight, because you get a giant loot explosion when the blight is over from all the accumulated monster drops, and you can see various blight monsters being wisp empowered.