Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

2019 is just going to loom very large until they at least make the AFCCG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hell yeah Trent McDuffie

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

That '06 Ravens defense was so good. One of the all-time wasted defenses.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

A lot of talking heads are looking at these playoff brackets and picking the Ravens to win the Super Bowl. Makes me nervous as hell. When was the last time the presumptive favorite going into the Playoffs won the whole thing? 07 Pats, 12 Broncos, 13 Broncos, 15 Panthers, and 19 Ravens all lost. Last year was a matchup of #1 seeds that seemed pretty evenly matched. Maybe the presumptive favorite doesn't apply to Baltimore this year. 23 Ravens aren't as dominant as that 19 team at least. Honestly, the 49ers are right there with the Ravens, and a rematch probably doesn't have a +5 turnover margin in Baltimore's favor.

Still, it feels like the "best" regular season team rarely wins the Super Bowl.

Titans aren't here to ruin your season so you'll probably be fine.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

A.J. Brown has deactivated his Twitter account and subsequently deleted all #Eagles related posts on his Instagram 👀👀👀

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bellmaker posted:

A.J. Brown has deactivated his Twitter account and subsequently deleted all #Eagles related posts on his Instagram 👀👀👀

yaaaassssssssssssss

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Maybe trading AJ Brown away was a blessing in disguise.

(lol, lmao)

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

AJ Brown has always been a lunatic social media diva.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

FizFashizzle posted:

Can someone post the ESPN+ post mortem on the pats dynasty thank you and god bless.

It's too long for this thread:

https://pastebin.com/i9xQHSGt

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I had a dream that near the end of the game and the Browns up by a couple of points, lost possession on a bullshit call and the other team kicked a field goal for the win.

Both teams had Browns colors though, so, I dunno maybe they lost to BGSU or it's an omen that the Browns will lose to the Ravens.

I dunno. Had a couple of Christmas Ales before I went to bed.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Diva Cupcake posted:

AJ Brown has always been a lunatic social media diva.

if the eagles didnt have an insane diva #1 receiver they wouldnt be purestrain championship level eagles

terrell owens
desean jackson
zach ertz
aj brown

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
It's insane how little the NFL cares about fan and player safety.

I know they've played games in stupid cold weather before, but not even a discussion to move the Cheifs/Fish to Monday night or something?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

Lamar Jackson first team is a joke. He was the 3rd best QB in his conference this year. 5th or 6th overall. You could make an argument for Dak at #1, but really, Purdy was head and shoulders above everyone.

nice meltdown

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

davecrazy posted:

I know they've played games in stupid cold weather before, but not even a discussion to move the Cheifs/Fish to Monday night or something?

I'm sure it's been discussed behind closed doors but the answer is always the obvious one, money.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I can't believe that between two very consistent and good QBs the voters chose the guy who vastly outperformed Purdy in a head-to-head match.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Harlock posted:

It's too long for this thread:

https://pastebin.com/i9xQHSGt

quote:

Over the years, those in Kraft’s orbit have heard the owner “put down Belichick at every opportunity,” a source close to Kraft said. This game was no different. Kraft’s open mocking of Belichick — a common line was “the great, intelligent man” — was the worst-kept secret in New England. Although he denied saying it through a team spokesperson, Kraft used that line too many times to too many people for it to remain a secret.

Love to openly poo poo talk my hall of fame coach.

edit* best of luck with Mayo

quote:

The losses, combined with the structure Kraft helped set up — empowering Mayo and O’Brien — subtly eroded Belichick’s authority inside the building. The personnel and coaching staffs, intertwined for most of Belichick’s run to avoid the type of back-stabbing common on other teams, started complaining about each other. In years past, Belichick would set a vision and leave it to the staff to execute it, leading to long discussions and creative solutions. That high-level collaborative roundtable was a thing of the past. People in the personnel department privately said that it was “amateur hour” with the coaches on game days; coaches complained that those on the personnel side were incapable of implementing Belichick’s ideas. O’Brien, humbled by the inept offensive performance, was invested in finding a solution with Belichick. Mayo sometimes brought a baseball bat to meetings, swinging it around while the rest of the coaches had their heads down, projecting an attitude that he was separate from the rest, a favored son. Jonathan Kraft and the senior vice president of business affairs for the Kraft Group, Robyn Glaser, would chat with staff off to the side, asking why the head coach had made certain decisions. The subtext of the conversations was that life in Gillette Stadium might be different soon.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jan 12, 2024

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Love to openly poo poo talk my hall of fame coach.

The kicker at the end that is pretty good. They basically mocked Kraft for the fact that he's gonna die before he gets into the HoF

Mega64
May 23, 2008

There's a HoF for getting handjobs!?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
So Kraft's hit piece was the SI article and Bill's was the ESPN. Good for them.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

So Kraft's hit piece was the SI article and Bill's was the ESPN. Good for them.

I believe every bit of both of them.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I wish Mayo the best so that more black head coaches are hired.

May the Patriots compete for 2nd in the AFCE the rest of Kraft's life (yet somehow miss the playoffs).

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

davecrazy posted:

Probably would need to have a fan die specifically from the cold at a game for anything to change in that regard.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

MakaVillian posted:

Actually, the coldest ever CFL game played was the 1991 Grey Cup in Winnipeg, the temperature at kickoff was -16°C (3F) with a wind chill of -35°C (-31F).

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/en/news/weather/seasonal/u-s-vs-canada-which-football-championship-is-the-coldest-on-record

I remember being at the 2000 Grey Cup when it was around -30C and yeah it's not pleasant.

I guess it depends on if you're looking at the temp or the wind chill. Either way, quite cold.

I expected it to be colder actually but then I remembered the CFL ends in November for this very reason.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

davecrazy posted:

I don’t think Monday is forecast to be much better. I think the only real option would be to move it at this point.

Did they tear down the Rams’ old dome in St. Louis yet?

Nov 6, 2002

-30 with wind chill is worse than -30 with no wind because that wind is going to blast right thru your clothes and steal your body heat.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

-30 with wind chill is worse than -30 with no wind because that wind is going to blast right thru your clothes and steal your body heat.

Yeah, the wind is what makes everything completely miserable.

Nov 6, 2002

Very curious what Belichick's plan at QB was if he had gotten his way to trade Mac. We know the coaching staff didn't believe in Zappe, they cut him before the season started. So what was he thinking?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

No that's absolutely not correct.

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

I dunno why but I always assumed Mac was Bill's boy and not Kraft's. Had no idea he pushed to draft him.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Mega64 posted:

I can't believe that between two very consistent and good QBs the voters chose the guy who vastly outperformed Purdy in a head-to-head match.

It’s insane!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
So apparently Mayo had it in his contract to be the next HC for New England? Rumor is that to keep Mayo from leaving a couple years ago they included wording in his new contract as incentive.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
It's - 15 with -43 wind chill (22mph winds) here right now and I just went and pulled my trash up in a hoodie and shorts. Pain lol. - 15 with no wind is somewhat tolerable but the wind just destroys you.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Your dick will freeze off but you saved $1,000.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
You can get a replacement dick for $1k.

…right?

Nov 6, 2002

Not gonna be much of a home field advantage.

Fairweather fans.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
I know I'm a total idiot because despite posting that it should be illegal to host a game at more than -20 windchill, I saw the prices for playoff tickets and immediately started fantasizing about roadtripping down from Chicago

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Not gonna be much of a home field advantage.

Fairweather fans.

Not sure Dolfans can survive in those temps sooooooo

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

From a few pages ago, injuries in cold.

Referees couldn't blow their whistles in the 1967 Ice Bowl and had to yell instead. One ref had tried to blow his whistle and it froze to his lips. They got the whistle loose, tearing his lip. Except it was so cold the lip didn't freely bleed.

Don Meredith's face froze to the point he couldn't call out plays.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Sorry for the spoiler but this is what's happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

pmchem posted:

if the eagles didnt have an insane diva #1 receiver they wouldnt be purestrain championship level eagles

terrell owens
desean jackson
zach ertz
aj brown

FredEx.