Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

Sure, I just look at the list of probably FA QB's, and see like two guys I'd want to replace him with at the price point you'd want to pay for: Brissett & Minshew, then a bunch of guys I wouldn't want, along with the realization that if we're starting a backup QB for any length of time next year anyway, then we sure as gently caress aren't a playoff team, so whatever, Zappe is fine there, got way more important positions to fill.

I have a feeling Jameis is about to become available. The league deserves him as a full time starter.

https://x.com/nick_underhill/status/1745472633863295185?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Mac might be a high level backup somewhere else but yeah that'll never happen on the Pats

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

Did I read that right, a hundred million dollars for Jameis Winston?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

DTaeKim posted:

Yep, I had to read it like 3 times. Loomis gotta hide that money somewhere.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I will take $50mil to throw as many ints as Famous Jameis

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Nodoze posted:

I agree with most of it except for Zappe, he blows and needs to go too.

Yeah he is not even backup grade. I appreciate him being a good little soldier and rah-rah team and all that but guy is practice squad material.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

All the TE's are free agents, lol. Should at least try to re-sign Hunter Henry

I went through the offensive roster in the East thread a few days ago. They have remarkably little you'd want to keep on the offensive side.

2/3rds a RB room is fine, 1 developing WR is solid, 2 more they're probably stuck with, another guy you'd be happy to have they should re-sign.

The OL is a good RT free agent they have to re-sign, a solid center and a developing rookie RG who was solid.... LT fell out hard with the team and LG has been injured and middling.

and finally Zappe is a backup, whatever they plan on in the draft, need to sign one of the vet guys out there to push Zappe / drafted QB.

Basically to be functional they need to address QB, LT, and find a WR1. To be better then that, they also need to address TE and add some capable WR depth.
:stonklol: Wow that is dire.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Hey remember when Jameis grabbed an Uber drivers crotch, yelled homophobic slurs at passer bys, and then got suspended for 3 games? I don't want to root for him.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1745860715217371638

lmao

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Someone do the inevitable Photoshop of Darth Mayo tossing Emperor Belichick down the shaft

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Woozie66 posted:

Hey remember when Jameis grabbed an Uber drivers crotch, yelled homophobic slurs at passer bys, and then got suspended for 3 games? I don't want to root for him.

Yep, he’s a real piece of poo poo and I wasn’t sad to see him leave the Bucs or to watch him get his leg demolished by the Bucs afterwards

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

There was speculation he'd finally be leaving.
https://twitter.com/toddarcher/status/1745873470611771530?s=20

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

DTaeKim posted:

Like, what would've even been the reason to sign him to such a contract anyway? It's not like he was an aggressively pursued free agent or anything. Do the Saints just like making up insane contracts with gaudy numbers just to troll everyone else who actually worries about the salary cap?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Black Sunshine posted:

Like, what would've even been the reason to sign him to such a contract anyway? It's not like he was an aggressively pursued free agent or anything. Do the Saints just like making up insane contracts with gaudy numbers just to troll everyone else who actually worries about the salary cap?

I have no idea where that number comes from. He was on a 28m 2yr contract going into this year. He’s an UFA going into 2024. About a week ago the Saints did a restructure of his current contract (which ends at the end of this league year) to give them more time to figure out whether they’re going to resign him or not. But that didn’t add money or time.

Assuming that’s not just a typo I assume it was just a poison pill thrown in to ensure a decision was made by a certain date. It’s not reflected in any info on OTC or Sportrac.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Black Sunshine posted:

According to the responses it was an agreed upon poison pill to make sure he either became a free agent or they renegotiated his deal.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Okay that makes sense then

Nov 6, 2002

The plot of the next Expendables movie: an NFL QB hires the crew to kidnap a team's entire front office 24 hours before a contract deadline.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Sounds like Pete Carroll can stay in Seattle if he wants to coach the University of Washington :smith:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The plot of the next Expendables movie: an NFL QB hires the crew to kidnap a team's entire front office 24 hours before a contract deadline.

I was thinking more along the lines of The Hangover. Loomis wakes up oblivious the day after a bunch of insane contracts were set to toll, and he was totally gonna deal with them all until The Gang dragged him out for a wild night on the town

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

mcmagic posted:

I have really grown to respect Bill over the years. I have a hard time hating him anymore.

I enjoy how curmudgeonly he is, but he rarely gets livid even when other coaches would.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Name Change posted:

I enjoy how curmudgeonly he is, but he rarely gets livid even when other coaches would.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Meanwhile on the opposite end of the spectrum, I can't think of another coach who would do this (maybe Dan Campbell, idk):

https://youtu.be/TVGNL6GRCFg?si=4Gw1U7x8Nu_lE2GJ

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

I was always fascinated by Belichick in regards to X&Os and game management.

His breakdown of what he was thinking before Malcolm Butler interception is interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdnWmKnUcWg&t=1969s

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I wonder whether Vrabel actually was expecting to get the Pats job. The fact he didn't even get an interview, well...

Nov 6, 2002

Cash Monet posted:

I was always fascinated by Belichick in regards to X&Os and game management.

His breakdown of what he was thinking before Malcolm Butler interception is interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdnWmKnUcWg&t=1969s

In all his interview videos Patricia has the loving pencil in his ear.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I want to see someone break that pencil and throw it in his face.

I also want to see someone kick him in the balls.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

seiferguy posted:

Sounds like Pete Carroll can stay in Seattle if he wants to coach the University of Washington :smith:

I really hope he doesn't because I don't want to have to hate him :(

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mega64 posted:

I would like to combine those two options (so he would get stabbed in the balls)

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

In all his interview videos Patricia has the loving pencil in his ear.
Someone pointed out a few weeks back how he always has that pencil but he uses a laminated playchart and I've been stuck on it since

Mega64 posted:

Also this

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bill Belichick should have his own YT show where he breaks down his favourite plays of the week. Because it would be amazing to hear him go on a tangent about some special teams gunner he coached in the 90s who played 5 games in his career.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

BlindSite posted:

Bill Belichick should have his own YT show where he breaks down his favourite plays of the week. Because it would be amazing to hear him go on a tangent about some special teams gunner he coached in the 90s who played 5 games in his career.

Somebody doesn't watch the Belestrator

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

pasaluki posted:

Somebody doesn't watch the Belestrator

No put I am going to right fuckin' now.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I'm feeling impatient about the seahawks coaching search. How long does it take to announce names of people they want to interview or what have you

The seahawks have not had a straight up coaching vacancy since they brought in holmgren after firing Dennis Erickson in 1998.

Like there was a planned transition from holmgren to mora before there was a the somewhat surprising Pete signing. So no "who will they get " search experience as a fsn

Hawks fans haven't been Subject to an actual head coaching search since 1998. I was 10 years old in 1998

How is this supposed to go ??? Can a Browns or other coaching carousel team tell me

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I will take $50mil to throw as many ints as Famous Jameis

do you think you'd last long enough to do that. like even if I assume every single pass attempt would be a pick, I think I'd be able to throw - at most - 2 before I suffered a season ending injury

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

indigi posted:

do you think you'd last long enough to do that. like even if I assume every single pass attempt would be a pick, I think I'd be able to throw - at most - 2 before I suffered a season ending injury

Are we taking snaps from under center or out of the shotgun

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1745949275778167051

Would be real happy with this

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Adun posted:

Are we taking snaps from under center or out of the shotgun

Is there a rule about how far back you can line up in shotgun, like can they put in the long snapper to get me the ball 20 yards behind the LOS? Maybe in that situation I would have time to do an immediate checkdown to the RB standing next to me before an edge rusher separated my soul from my body

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I'd probably only be able to field about 40% of shotgun snaps in a live game setting, so I’m not sure if that would be an option for me

Mega64
May 23, 2008

EmbryoSteve posted:

I'm feeling impatient about the seahawks coaching search. How long does it take to announce names of people they want to interview or what have you

The seahawks have not had a straight up coaching vacancy since they brought in holmgren after firing Dennis Erickson in 1998.

Like there was a planned transition from holmgren to mora before there was a the somewhat surprising Pete signing. So no "who will they get " search experience as a fsn

Hawks fans haven't been Subject to an actual head coaching search since 1998. I was 10 years old in 1998

How is this supposed to go ??? Can a Browns or other coaching carousel team tell me

They probably want to interview proven winners on playoff teams that they can't interview yet due to them focusing on playoff games.

Relax, these things take time, wait a couple weeks and you'll get Head Coach Aaron Glenn soon enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Docjowles posted:

Is there a rule about how far back you can line up in shotgun, like can they put in the long snapper to get me the ball 20 yards behind the LOS? Maybe in that situation I would have time to do an immediate checkdown to the RB standing next to me before an edge rusher separated my soul from my body

Snap would take awhile to go back 20 yards, odds are you'd just line up some DE's in wide 9 and separate your middle from the rest of you.