Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’m sure they’re well made figures and I know there’s a plethora of super deep lore for folks to enjoy, but every single space marine I’ve ever seen looks like some kind of hosed up catholic space nazi that I just want no part of on my shelf.

Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I would like one sort of basic, all-blue Space Marine just because I appreciate the design. It hasn't been a high priority for me but I appreciate that JoyToy have now made those available for cheaper. You can get a pretty good little dude for $25. I almost went for the big McFarlane one thinking I'd paint some extra details on there, but the regular blue guy that's widely available for cheap doesn't have the wings on the chest, and you need that. I don't want to do a full repaint on one of the other big ones when JoyToy is right there with a good product for a reasonable price, and it's easier to find display space for a little guy. So that's on my list.

I have no temptation to buy any of the elaborate ones with crazy flags and crosses and poo poo all over them, but I appreciate the artistry and enjoy looking at the pictures. That kind of over-the-top fascist imagery is too dang silly to really offend me. The real-life fascists that actually worry me all look like GI Joe figures, which is why I don't collect most of those!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’m sure they’re well made figures and I know there’s a plethora of super deep lore for folks to enjoy, but every single space marine I’ve ever seen looks like some kind of hosed up catholic space nazi that I just want no part of on my shelf.

Same.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Joytoy has said that they only have the Warhammer 40k license, but they'd be open to doing figures from other Warhammer games if GW was amenable to it. I really hope that happens, I'd love some figures of these guys

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Woo, all the toys!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Hell yeah, I love Red Tornado

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mutt and Junkyard came in! They're good boys.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

All the carrrie coon figures

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Joytoy has said that they only have the Warhammer 40k license, but they'd be open to doing figures from other Warhammer games if GW was amenable to it. I really hope that happens, I'd love some figures of these guys

Yes please! The old starter box / Green Knight mini was amazing, and is what sold me on Warhammer way back when.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

If you were to tell me that you thought Mutt and Junkyard are the best GI Joe figure(s) to come out yet, I might find myself nodding in agreement. They're really cool.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
When the Classified line was announced I dared hope it might last two years, the franchise felt like was running on fumes at best.

It's been four. Yeah, it has been.

It's crazy how it's become one of the best toylines out there and has improved so drastically. They do need to fix some QC issues mind you.

This year we're getting an absurd number of figures so except to see figure 170 or thereabouts to hit near years end.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I hope somehow we can get some much needed lore infusion for the new characters they are coming out with for Classified. Mole-Rats, Shadowtracker, Wolf-Spider, and Shooter have all had excellent and very intriguing designs. However we don't even have filecards, so there is literally nothing to go on. It would be nice to know their deal.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
It annoys me to no end we don't have file cards or something to make up for them.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
It is incredibly annoying to not have the cards but holy poo poo imagine if they just gave em updated versions like twitterYoJoe social network profiles printed on the back of the box or something.

I'm still pissed that the transformers don't come with the hidden stat block and red plastic sheet though.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I'm strongly considering Mutt and Junkyard. Do I want an army man? Not really. But do I want a big dog? Yes!

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Some new Joe listings were discovered and some deciphered:

iceyman posted:

I hope somehow we can get some much needed lore infusion for the new characters they are coming out with for Classified. Mole-Rats, Shadowtracker, Wolf-Spider, and Shooter have all had excellent and very intriguing designs. However we don't even have filecards, so there is literally nothing to go on. It would be nice to know their deal.

So no file cards but there are little blurbs in the listings that give a snippet of context for each character, just browse the figures on Pulse or whatever. Absolutely needs to be consolidated onto one overall source, like the QR codes that lead to an unattended Joe site, and some of the secondary design info needs to be included (like Crimson Baroness’ weird face mask being a tactical HUD Destro gave her, or that Wolf Spider was originally intended to be an army builder that was turned into a named character), but there is stuff out there.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Does anyone have both the new Obi-Wan Vader and the RotJ Vader from Figuarts?

I was wondering if you could swap the heads on them.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I'm strongly considering Mutt and Junkyard. Do I want an army man? Not really. But do I want a big dog? Yes!

What sold me was Junkyard had the standard angry dog head but also happy dog head.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Sanschel posted:

So no file cards but there are little blurbs in the listings that give a snippet of context for each character, just browse the figures on Pulse or whatever. Absolutely needs to be consolidated onto one overall source, like the QR codes that lead to an unattended Joe site, and some of the secondary design info needs to be included (like Crimson Baroness’ weird face mask being a tactical HUD Destro gave her, or that Wolf Spider was originally intended to be an army builder that was turned into a named character), but there is stuff out there.

Here me out Hasbro. Extensive Enterprises NFT filecards.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

It is incredibly annoying to not have the cards but holy poo poo imagine if they just gave em updated versions like twitterYoJoe social network profiles printed on the back of the box or something.

I'm still pissed that the transformers don't come with the hidden stat block and red plastic sheet though.

They briefly actually had a website with all their profiles and those specialization icons on the side of the boxes were all on there as ratings for their various skillsets and there were little blurbs about them, basically modernizing the old cardbacks into an online database that synchs with the toyline. Unfortunately, I think that died almost immediately after the first Cobra Island wave, plus it didn't help that it was some obscure website.

Like, they could have just hidden a QR code in the box with every figure and if you scan it it takes you to a website with a little dossier about the the character, and if you made a login and scanned all of your figures you could slowly build out your own little GI Joe universe database. It would not take a lot of work on the Web dev side, and if the line had something as basic as that it would catapult what's already a really solid line directly into being one of the greatest toy lines of all time, full stop.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Nanigans posted:

Does anyone have both the new Obi-Wan Vader and the RotJ Vader from Figuarts?

I was wondering if you could swap the heads on them.

I did see a review where someone did just that, either Anakin head from the RotJ Vader or Jedi Luke goes on fine.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

The Last Call posted:

It annoys me to no end we don't have file cards or something to make up for them.

There's a flipping QR code on the box for goodness' sake.

What a perfectly failed opportunity to link to a bio card instead of hasbro's website.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Louisgod I grabbed a lemmy koopa the other day so be on the lookout. I think it’s new.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Does anyone here own the threezero MMPR figures? How are they in person? From the photos I see, they seem to look really good for $100 6th scale figures.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Sentinel Red posted:

I did see a review where someone did just that, either Anakin head from the RotJ Vader or Jedi Luke goes on fine.

Nice.

If you don't mind my asking, how much did yours cost all-in with shipping?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Nanigans posted:

Nice.

If you don't mind my asking, how much did yours cost all-in with shipping?

Sure, it was just shy of $56 for the actual figure, another $20 for the shipping. If only I lived in Japan, I'd save myself a fortune, etc

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Sentinel Red posted:

Sure, it was just shy of $56 for the actual figure, another $20 for the shipping. If only I lived in Japan, I'd save myself a fortune, etc

I was *in* Japan and just saw it on shelves. Coulda saved a bundle, but alas. I didn’t want it then. But I do now, mainly to swap that helmet onto the RotJ one and use the battle damaged one on the main figure.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

There's a flipping QR code on the box for goodness' sake.

What a perfectly failed opportunity to link to a bio card instead of hasbro's website.

It no longer works, Hasbro nuked the site that had all the info.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Finally opened up my SHF Minus One Godzilla and as always - its pretty drat good in hand! The right eye is a little off - I think the paint is just a line but its so goddamn tiny you won't notice when it's on display. Just a big chunky beast - can't wait to get them all back out on the shelves.

Next preorder will be SHF Jet Jaguar whenever that comes up!! Hopefully a 74 Godzilla by end of year announcement.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jan 15, 2024

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Very annoyed that Bandai are doing a Tekken 8 line and leading with boring Jin and Kazuya instead launching the line with Reina’s incredible middle aged wine mom alt outfit instead. Haven’t seen an open goal missed so bad since Diana Ross at the World Cup in ‘94.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Anyone want a mafex hush black batman figure for retail? Found it again today and I'm just not digging it as much as I thought it would.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jet Jaguar is UP: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/263743?o=4

Other shops linked here: https://shma-articulationseries.com/jet-jaguar-1973.html#jj73-top

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Not 'action figure' too much but a fun video from WonFes!

Fun Wonder Festival footage including some of the Collect All Monsters crew!

Fire up your VPN and connect to a Japanese server. Click this link and you will get 2 pop ups. The first is to agree to their terms of service. The second asks for your age (type in format YYYYMM), the radio button asks your sex, and the third field asks for a postal code; I used an Osaka one 556-0001. The relevant part is at the 4 minute mark.

:toot:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Mondo's first new figure of the year is a chibi Juggernaut.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

lomarf

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I love it, but probably not for what they're gonna ask

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I've been iced in my house since Saturday. It's been driving me nuts not getting to go out looking for cool plastic dudes. Probably won't be able to leave until Wednesday.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Vintersorg posted:

Mondo's first new figure of the year is a chibi Juggernaut.

That’s not chibi, those are Juggernaut’s regular proportions.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Gripweed posted:

That’s not chibi, those are Juggernaut’s regular proportions.

Biblically accurate Juggernaut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

I forget who’s doing a MVC2 collection but that Juggernaut would be perfect.