Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Need that physical release, bub

Yeah, it’s been a long day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

nature bout to dump 6-12 inch of powder on my head, the men who stare at gotys are salivating, need to stuff them boxes with ballots

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah AW2 story mode makes the combat absolutely trivial, it lets you just plow through the game experiencing all the good parts. You still have to fight but the enemies barely scratch you and die in one or two shots

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Manoueverable posted:

Frankly, if anything people were a lot colder on TotK than I expected. Wouldn't be surprised if it barely made top 3, there's a lot of ballots that didn't list any Nintendo games at all but still highly rated BG3, Alan Wake, Armored Core, etc.

Even if people were colder on totk than expected, it still got in a lot of people's top three so it'll have a good shot at top 3.

Realistically I very much expect armored Core 6, totk, Alan Wake 2 and bg3 in top 5. How the order goes is gonna be interesting.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I read every list and I’m still pretty sure TotK will be #2. If it isn’t that will be a huge but also fun surprise!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

tears of the goondom

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

haveblue posted:

AC was mostly famous for galaxy brained controls before From got famous for a lot of other things

Yeah I'm getting that impression

I remember thinking Demon's Souls had weirdass controls but once I got used to them they made a lot of sense, we'll see if things work the same way in AC3

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

ColdPie posted:

Also thanks to everyone who makes this thread happen & writes posts in it. I read every single one and jot down notes for games that look interesting, which I then never get around to because I play like six games per year.

ColdPie posted:

#6 - Chunithm - This is an arcade-only rhythm game from Sega with a unique touchstrip controller. I discovered it a year ago when I was out of town, and found out a kickass local arcade has a machine. Now I go to the arcade once every month or two to play for a couple hours and hang with some of the local rhythm game crew.

woke kaczynski posted:

Groove Coaster Wai Wai Party!!!! is a rhythm game for the Switch that I absolutely adore, to the extent that this year I started occasionally making the hour+ long trek to Long Island to go to the Round1 that actually has a Groove Coaster arcade cabinet. I like rhythm games a bunch even if I'm not incredible at them, but this has about the perfect balance for me. It's stylish as hell and I recommend checking it out if you're interested (specifically the switch or phone versions, though, the steam release is...mixed.)

Tempura Wizard posted:

2023 – The Year of the (Arcade) Rat

[...]

A big part of this is because I’m part of a family now and getting older, and that means less personal time to sit down for a 100+ hour AAA game.  Staying up all hours of the night becomes a more dangerous prospect, both for my personal life and for my health.  Arcade games are immediate because of the intended setting.  You get right into the action to set players up for the failure state, in order to boost revenue.  

There were many games I played this year, but here is a non-exhaustive list of arcade games I spent at least 5 hours on each this year (not including those in my top 5):

Donkey Kong, Dig Dug, Mappy, Progear, Groove Coaster, OutRun, Akai Katana Shin, Espgaluda II, ESPRa.De Psi, Burgertime, Crimzon Clover World Explosion, Dariusburst AC, Dodanpachi Dai-Ou-Jou Re:Incarnation

yeah i have just finished reading all the lists, and i like doing it to specifically find things like "oh yeah other people randomly got sucked into arcade games too, they still exist"

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Spent a while fiddling with emulator settings to get movement on left stick and looking on right stick (and guns/boost/blade on the shoulder buttons) and I'm getting into AC3 now. So many parts to choose from, though! I'm probably making really bad purchasing decisions, but I've upgraded my radiator and generator, bought a turn speed enhancement, and now I'm trying to save up for a laser rifle. My one complaint now that the controls are sorted is that footsteps are way too loud, and I want to boost everywhere just so I don't need to listen to them.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Tears of the Kingdom is going to beat Baldur's Gate 3 this year, just like Pentiment beat Elden Ring last year and like Sekiro beat Disco Elysium in 2019. It's crazy how my top picks keep winning like this!

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Lots of smaller games got some traffic from this thread. I myself grabbed Elsinore and wishlisted a few others.

I wonder if the thread also inspired anyone on the fence to get TOTK or BG3.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

Tears of the Kingdom is going to beat Baldur's Gate 3 this year, just like Pentiment beat Elden Ring last year and like Sekiro beat Disco Elysium in 2019. It's crazy how my top picks keep winning like this!

J-Ru I realise no one has ever told you this but the numerical order is actually 1 < 2 :baduk:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

J-Ru I realise no one has ever told you this but the numerical order is actually 1 < 2 :baduk:

Come now Rarity, I may have correctly predicted Sekiro defeating Disco Elysium, but there's no need to call the latter a number 2, I still thought it was an excellent game!

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

yeah i have just finished reading all the lists, and i like doing it to specifically find things like "oh yeah other people randomly got sucked into arcade games too, they still exist"

They actually replaced the Groove Coaster cabs with Chunithm ones last I was there :negative: but it's true! All the real sweaty rhythm gamers would be on DDR/Pump It Up/Sound Voltex and most of the kids didn't give a poo poo about the rhythm game section, so I could usually park there for hours. One rare time someone was on the other cab while I was playing and I got a full combo and genuinely got a nod and polite clap from them, I was riding that high for a week :keke:

There's also a cool indie arcade near me that has stuff like Killer Queen Black and Nidhogg II (which I always insist on playing with whoever I went with) and also a solid rotating catalog of other more obscure games. It's interesting given how much it stresses me out playing video games online, even with people I know, but I've learned I actually really like arcade settings!

bagrada posted:

I wonder if the thread also inspired anyone on the fence to get TOTK or BG3.

I already had BG3 and bounced off as I think I mentioned in my GOTY post, but I started the year off wonderfully by being in bed with COVID and picked it up again with the thread as inspiration and it's gotten its fangs in me in a big way. Almost certainly making my 2024 list unless it's truly a wild year in gaming.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I still put it in my top 4 but I think TOTK was one of the most disappointing sequels I have played in a while and I don't really get why people went so bonkers over it. it addresses basically none of BOTWs weaknesses in favor of adding a bunch of stuff that mostly feels like recycled filler and wacky bs I didn't even really like (building) . I get why people enjoyed it cause I also enjoyed it a lot tbh, but mainly cause BOTW was already fun not because it was a good sequel.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I have not touched BG3(need to buy a computer that can run the loving thing. someday.) but the things I have seen from that game are simply on another level from others.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I mean, uh, PIZZA TOWER SWEEEEEEEEEEP

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Actually, I'm curious, how many people specifically have not tried pizza tower because it's PC only and the dev(s?) which look to be pretty young guys based on the shot of them at the game awards, don't seem to be in a rush to port it to other platforms.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Me for one

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
3 hours remain

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
I wanna see what whack rear end game from 2009 suddenly drops into the top 10 by sheer coincidence

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just had a sneak peak at VG's graphics, this is gonna be a good one y'all :munch:

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

veni veni veni posted:

I still put it in my top 4 but I think TOTK was one of the most disappointing sequels I have played in a while and I don't really get why people went so bonkers over it. it addresses basically none of BOTWs weaknesses in favor of adding a bunch of stuff that mostly feels like recycled filler and wacky bs I didn't even really like (building) . I get why people enjoyed it cause I also enjoyed it a lot tbh, but mainly cause BOTW was already fun not because it was a good sequel.

I think it depends a lot on how much you liked BOTW. I thought it was OK (maybe because I played it in 2020?) and everything in TOTK felt like an improvement to me. Maybe I was reading different opinions at different times than you and Manoueverable, but my feeling was TOTK was overwhelmingly well-received.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Rarity posted:

Just had a sneak peak at VG's graphics, this is gonna be a good one y'all :munch:

VG’s graphics are for ladyveeg and Gollum’s eyes only

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

This is an Automated GOTY BeanPost. I am asleep right now but I wanted to say that ______ is so amazing, I agree with everything that's been said about it. I can't believe it didn't rank __th, but at least it beat out ______ , I bounced right off that one. Anyways, I know this is supposed to be a positive thread so hell yeah for gaming. This thread is the best. I've run the numbers and I'm alost positive the next game on the list is ______ !

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

This is an Automated GOTY BeanPost. I am asleep right now but I wanted to say that Rarity is so amazing

:hmmyes:

Super Inactive
Dec 30, 2022
I heard we can put up random top 10 lists. And I wanted to get this in before the results. So here's my Top 10 Crying Moments in Final Fantasy XVI!

When I see someone or something cry in any media, I will also cry. But you know, stoically. Therefore I appreciate any media that normalizes crying. I often compared this game to the Witcher 3 while playing. But I don't remember Geralt crying. I won't forget this game since there are at least 24 instances of people crying. It was painful enough pruning them down to 10. So the following list is presented in the order they appear in the game. Obviously MASSIVE SPOILERS are included so you should not view them unless you have completed the game, have no intention of playing the game, or don't care about spoilers.

1.) Act 1 - Under the moonlight

The first instance of crying and sets up a motif for Jill and Clive throughout the game. I especially like how flustered Clive becomes once he sees this.

2.) Act 1 - "Chin up, lad. You're going to be a soldier."

The first instance of Clive crying and also sets up a motif of sorts. Rewatching this scene helped me realize that Anabella was the precursor to the final boss.

3.) Act 2, Bromance 1 - "Get dressed. Pretty as you are, you're not my type."

You get a good dose of Clive's posterior early in this scene. Then it goes rage, begging, rage again, then the crying. I think we're about to see the beginning of something special.

4.) Act 2 - "I can think of none better...than you."

Welp. The start of the game is pretty rough for Clive. It's a shame we didn't get to see more banter between the two because the writing was fire. Fortunately it's not the only bromance in the game.

5.) Act 3 - "I shall open the gates of hell that thou mightst see thy charge once more!"

I was really confused at the beginning of this scene. Jill appeared to be as well. I don't like Byron. But the hesitant transition from disbelief to joy is very moving. I only realized now how well the quote fits the scene.

6.) Act 3 - Dion is best boy (according to my wife)

And that's what lead to his tragedy. This scene had a great reveal and it ends with Annabelle wailing in the background. But at what cost?

7.) Act 3 - Then he walked her home gently

Torgal always knows what's up and immediately goes to sleep at the beginning of this scene. They kept teasing these two together but who knew they would go so far? Jill is a good character but unfortunately she does not fit into the main relationship of the game.

8.) Act 3 - Then actual main relationship

Clive is crying more beautifully at the beginning of this scene. But I thought this moment better captured his wails of sorrow. You may have thought that FF15 was the only FF game about brotherhood. But it turns out this game was about the same thing. I've also realized Clive got three of his powers through hugs.

9.) Ending - This is my boyfriend Clive, and this is his boyfriend Gav

I wanted to include an image of Clive and Gav hugging it out, but it didn't make the cut. It was sweet to see how their relationship developed throughout the course of the game. Did you notice that he looks like Ramza?

10.) Ending - The moonlight is over

I included this image to represent my interpretation of the ending. I also did not like ambiguity for the sake of ambiguity. However I choose to believe in Jill's quote describing Clive, "That no matter how terrible the night...dawn would always come. And Torgal howls when dawn comes. And I've already explained that Torgal know's what's up.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

This is an Automated GOTY BeanPost. I am asleep right now but I wanted to say that ______ is so amazing, I agree with everything that's been said about it. I can't believe it didn't rank __th, but at least it beat out ______ , I bounced right off that one. Anyways, I know this is supposed to be a positive thread so hell yeah for gaming. This thread is the best. I've run the numbers and I'm alost positive the next game on the list is ______ !

emptyquotin this

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I just want to preemptively say that Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name was robbed!

It did however win my coveted special award for Most Emotionally Devastating Ending, which was a surprisingly packed category this year.

bone emulator fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jan 13, 2024

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I'm excited to see the top 15 to 5 because yeah I expect the top 5 to absolutely have BG3 and ToTK in there. Which is kinda surprisingly considering ToTK is a Switch exclusive rather than a PC or multiplatform release but I guess a lot of Gamesposters own Switches.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Hello on this fine Saturday! It is 1:00pm my time and I have a whole host of posts to make about what on earth we came together to agree upon and what shook out in this thread for the entire month of December.

This is now the 6th year that this thread has been running and I love it a whole bunch. Nothing makes me happier than seen goons gush about the video games they love. That joy can be infectious and the reasons for loving a game could grab you attention and before you know it, you have a new fave.

This thread grows larger each year and, much like the year previous, this had the most submissions in both list number and game number than 2022.

It is not too difficult to see why; 2023 is a year with a stunningly huge number of top releases. I said it before and I will say it again, this is a banner year and will go down as one of the best for game players (but not developers - we have already seen 2800 people laid off in 2024 alone).

There really was something new for everyone to enjoy and today we will reveal how it all shook out and how close We Goons were to the official Geoff Keighley Video Game Awards awards which we all know have the pulse on video gaming in the Biden Years.

To Start!

For the stats goons.

There were 756 unique games submitted, an extra 70 more than last year.
And a whopping 261 goons submitted lists counted, up from the 217 of 2022.

It delights me to see so many new faces and so many people returning year after year. It feels like we can all come together and share games...

Except for one goon. Out of all lists there was a singular goon who chose 10 games that did not feature on any other submitted list. Somehow this one goon managed to be completely cut off from the rest of the thread and to them I bestow the 'Pluto; Just Orbiting My Own Path' trophy.

Latevin! Please come and collect you trophy before it gets left behind the sofa :)

Most inventive entry had to the #1 spot given to a game that was not even played. Metis made a cool couple of hundred for selling a physical copy of video game that could not longer be bought from the Nintendo Estore. With her recounting of this smart way to play, she also made me belly laugh. Metis please collect your 'Played the System' trophy!

List that made me laugh the hardest was Oddium's. Comprised of Star Wars quotes that reflect the games played is just something I would never have pictured, and yet (despite not being a very big Star Wars buff) I understood it. Oddium, please collect your "Now this is Podracing" trophy.

There were about six or so lists that did not get included due to not having anything written or being confusing and not clarifying questions asked but really, I think these results were in the bag without them. Sometimes people just want to submit their games without talking about them and I will always allow those posts regardless. Sharing is key.

The plan is to announce the winning entries every couple of minutes. I will start at 60 and work my way backwards until we can crown the Games Forum GOTY!

But even before that, we have those other 696 games that did not chart and every single game you submitted deserves to be seen and given their moment to shine, so in the next post we will have the not quite made it but still brilliants.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

.(the) Gnorp Apologue, Astronauts, AvP Arcade, Battlefield 2042, Bombe, Brigador, Cuisineer, Dark Scavenger, Death Mark, Deliver Us Mars, Donkey Kong Country 1,Doom 2016, Dragon Ball Xenoverse, Dungeon Munchies, Eco, Eiyuden Chronicle Rising, Enter The Gungeon, Escape Simulator, Etrian Oddsey Remake, Everything, Fading Afternoon, Far Cry 6, FFIII Pixel Remaster, Final Fantasy XIII, Front Mission 3, Getting Over It with Bennet Foddy, GOW Valhalla, Great Ace Attorney 2, Grow: Song of the Evertree, Jumping Flash, League of Legends, Lil’ Gator Game, Mass Effect 3: LE, Megaman 0, Metal Hellsinger, Ori and the Blind Forest, Payday 3, Pokemon Radical Red, Pokemon Trading Card Game Live, Pokemon: Shield, Resident Evil 0, Return of the Obra Dinn, Sayonara Wild Hearts, Sherlock, Silent Hill Ascension, Sniper Elite 4, Sonic Superstars, Sonic Triple Trouble, Symphony Of The Night, Styx: Master of Shadows, Submachine legacy, Super Snail, Symphony of War: Nephilim Saga, Tails of Iron, Tales of Arise: Beyond the Dawn, Tchia, Tearing Saga: Champions of Yutona, The Banished Vault, Thronefall, Tinykin, Touhou: Artificial Dream in Arcadia, Trombone Champ, Wanted: Dead, Wylde Flowers, Yakuza 0.

3D Dot Heroes, A Summer’s End: Hong Kong 1986, Adios, Affogato, Age of Wonders, Alan Wake Remastered, Apex Legends, Apollyon: River of Life, Astalaon: Tears of the Earth, Avernum, Bioshock Infinite, Blackwell Epiphany, Bossgame: The Final Boss is your heart, Cities Skyline 2, Crash Bandicoot 4, Days Gone, Death Roads: Tournament, Demeo, Dino Crisis, F-zero GX, Final Fantasy I Pixel remaster, FTL Faster than Light, Hardspace Shipbreaker, Hellish Quart, Inside, Karmazoo, Legends of Amberland, Little Busters, Marvel Snap, Master of Orion II, MedianXL, Metal Gear Solid 4, Metro Quester, Metroid Zero Mission, Murder Dog IV: The Trial of Murderdog, Persona 4 golden, Planet of Lana, Process of Elimination, Radiant Historia, Return to Monkey Island, River City Girls 2, Sam n Max Hit The Road, Samba de Amigo: Virtual Party, Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows, Slipways, Solasta: Crown of the Magister, Spin Rhythmn, Spirittea, Spyro Ignited, Story of Seasons: Wonderful Life, TEVI, The Crew, The Dark Mod, The Hunter: Call of the Wild, The Surge, This Way Madness Lies, Tiny Thor, Trine 4, Uncharted Lost Legacy, Victoria 3, Wario Ware Move It, Wartales, Wild Hearts, WoW Classic, WWE 2K23, Xenogears, Yakuza Dead Souls.

Aliens: Fire Team, Amid Evil, Ancient Domains of Mystery, Anodyne, Anonymous Code, Armored Core, Bayonetta 3, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Cuphead, Daemon X Machine, Danganronpa 3, Deus Ex: Revision, Dicey Dungeons, En Garde, Everspace, Fight n Rage, Fights in Tight Spaces, Froggy’s Battle, Golf with your Friends, Gotham Knights, Hearthstone Battlegrounds Mode, Hitman 3, Hyrule Warriors, Kena: Bridge of Spirits, Kingdom Two Crowns, La-Mulana 2 Randomiser, Limbus Company, Metroid Fusion, Monster Rancher 1 & 2 DX, Mortal Kombat, Myst, One Step from Eden, Orb of Creation, Orcs Must Die 2, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth, Pokedoku, Prodeus, Ragnarok Online, Richard Burns Rally, Rune Factory 5, Shenmue I and II, SMT: Soul Hackers 2, Sonic Frontiers, Spellforce: Conquest of EO, Star Trek Resonance, Strange Horticulture, Streets of Rage 4, Super Mega Baseball 4, Terra Invicta, The Legend of Heroes VI: Trails in the Sky, The Room Three, Trepang2, Uncharted 4, What Remains of Edith Finch, Yakuza 6.

7 Days to End With You, Across the Obelisk, Alyx, Another Metroid 2 Remake, Armored Core 3, Barotrauma, Blood Bowl, Coral Island, Death’s Door, Dragon Ball z: Kakarot Badrock, Earth Defence Force 5, Final Fantasy IV Pixel Remaster, Final Fantasy VI: Brave New World, Fire Emblem Three Hopes, Firewatch, Ghost of Tsushima, God Hand, Higurashi, Horizon Zero Dawn, Infernax, Jackbox Party Pack 3, King’s Quest 1, Lacuna, Last Call BBS, Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries, Monster Train, New Pokemon Snap, Nexomon Extinction, NFS Payback, Norwood Suite, Omega Strikers, Overwatch 2, Panorama Cotton, Raging Loop, Re:Call, Rise of the Triad: Ludicrous Edition, Sackboy, Sail Forth, Sea of Survivors, Sonic Colours, Space Engineers, Terra Nil, Tetris Effect, Timberborn, Time Melters, Tower Time, Unnamed Space Idle, Vagrant Story, We Were Here Forever, Yakuza Kiwami, Yi Xian: The Cultivation Card Games.

Alpha Centauri, Alwa’s Awakening, Ara Fell, Astroneer, Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout, Atomic Heart, Bad End Theatre, Blue Reflection Second Light, Brandish, Brotato, Chunithm, Civilisation 3, Core.observer, Dyson Sphere, Epic Battle Fantasy 4, Erranorth Chronicles, Evolveidle, Fate/Samurai Remnant, Fire Emblem The Blinding Blade, Forza Horizon 5, Forza Motorsport, Gnosis, GTA Vice City, Gunfire Reborn, Halls of Torment, Halo 5: Guardians, Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA future tone, Hexcells Info, It Takes Two, Jack Jeane, Kaiju Wars, Loop Hero, Luck be a Landlord, Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battles, Master Detective Archives: RAIN CODE, Meg’s Monster, Metroid II: Return of Samus, Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma Remastered, Obduction, Phoenix Wright 3, Pinball FX3, Pokemon Orange, PUBG, Punch Out, Raft, Resistance Fall of Man, Rollerdome, Sol Survivor, Super Crazy Rhtnym Castle, Superhot, Tactical Nexus, Team Fortress 2, Terraria, Tetris 99, The Banner Saga Trilogy, The Outer Worlds, Trials Rising, Venba, Vengeful Guardian Moonrider, Viewfinder, Wolfstride, Zelda Skyward Sword.

Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere, Backpack Battles, Boneraiser Minions, Broken Reality, City Game Studio, Control, Cultic, DROD 4, Entropy Zero, Fae Tactics, FFX-2, Final Fantasy XIV Shadowbringers, Furi, Gloomhaven, Gravity Circuit, Greedfall, Grime, GTFO, Halo Infinite, Heaven for Death, Heaven’s Vault, Immortality, Islands of Insight Public Test, Ixion, Jupiter Hall, Legend of Grimrock II, Legendary Journeys, Mage the Gathering: Forge, Mario Kart 8, Megaman Battle Network 2, Metal Wolf Chaos, Methods, Monster Hunter: Iceborne, New Demon’s Souls, Nier Replicant, Phasmophobia, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, Resident Evil Village VR, Return to Shironagasu Island, Roots of Pacha, Sea of Thieves, Sifu, Silent Hill, Silhouette Mirage, Six Ages 2: Lights Going Out, Spellforce: Soul Harvest, Starcrawlers, Super Mario Odyssey, Terraformers, Umineko, Urbek City Builder, Void Crew, Workers and Resources: Soviet Republic, Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link, Zelda: Majora’s Mask.

Absolute Drift, Age of Fear: Undead King, Amnesia: The Bunker, Anodyne 2, Atelier Ryza 3, BallisticNG, Barony, Birth, Bolton, Book of Hours, Borderlands 3, Can of Wormholes, Cereza and the Lost Demon, Deadly Premonition, Discworld MUD, Driver San Fransisco, Elevator Action Returns, Everybody’s Golf, Evil West, Factory Town Idle, Final Fantasy V Pixel remaster, Front Mission 2 Remake, Get in the Car Loser: Fate of Another World, Ghost Recon: Breakpoint, Ghost Song, Going Down (2014 Doom Wad), Hot Wheels Unleashed 2, Humankind, Kerbal Space Program, Lords of the Fallen, Lunacid, Lunistice, Lyle in Cube Sector, Mass Effect 2, Monster Hunter World (2018 GOTY Winner), Mount and Blade II Bannerlord, NEO: the World ends with you, No Man’s Sky, Norco, Olli Olli World, Omega Boost, Pikmin 2, Record of Lodoss War-Deedlit, Resident Evil Village, Salt, Seiko Game, Shadowers, Shadows of Doubt, Small Saga, Splatoon 3, Super Mario Brothers 2, The Last of Us I, TOEM, Underrail, Zelda OOT Randomiser.

Arcade Paradise, Backpack Hero, Blasphemous II, Chicken Police Paint it Red, Clash Artifacts of Chaos, Cruelty Squad, Dead Cells, Disgaea 7: Vows of the Virtueless, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Doom 2, Europa Universalis IV: Anbennar, Everspace 2, Fear and Hunger 2: Termina, Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy XI, Final Fantasy XV, Fire Emblem Awakening, Grand Poo World 3, Harvestella, Hexarchy, Hitman, King Arthur: Knight’s Tale, Laika: Aged Through Blood, Library of Ruina, Mass Effect Legendary Edition, Max Payne, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Monster Hunter Rise, No More Heroes 3, Orcs Must Die 3, Pokemon Emerald Rogue, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Romancing Saga 2, SaGa Scarlet Grace, Sid Meier’s Alpha Centauri, Super Mario 3D World+Bowser’s Fury, Stolen Realm, Sunset Overdrive, Super Mario Sunshine, Tale of the Immortal, The Last of Us II, The Rift Breaker, Transistor, Wasteland 3, Webbed, Zelda Link to the Past Randomiser.

Afterimage, Balatro Demo, Beton Brutal, Blender, Bloodstained, Blue Reflection, Castlevania Aria of Sorrow, Celeste, Coromon, Counter Strike 2, Crab Champions, Deltarune, Demons Tilt, Dismantle, Endless Dark, Football Manager 2024, Gateway to the Savage Frontier, Ghostrunner 2, Grim Dawn, Gris, Gran Turismo VR, Kenshi, Kings Field 4, Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, Metal Gear Solid 2, Monster Hunter XX, Mr Sun’s Hatbox, Murder of Sonic, Mushihimesama, Omori, Ori and the Will o the Wisps, Outriders, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, Rainworld, Risk of Rain 2, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Sigil II, Slayers X: Terminal Aftermath, Spiritfarer, Starsector, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Tactics Ogre:Reborn, The Exit 8, The Great War: Western Front, Vividlope, Wandering Sword, Warriors of the Nile 2, Waves of Steel, Zelda: Link’s Awakening.

13 Sentinels, A Short Hike, American Truck Simulator, Arknights, Betterified VI: Bestified, Chrovs, Cloudbuilt, Dance Cube, DOTA 2, Elsinore, Fire Emblem Fates, Ghostrunner, In Stars and Time, Katamari Damacy Reroll, Kentucky Route Zero, Let It die, LISA, Metal Gear Solid, Morrowind Tamriel Rebuilt, Oldschool Runescape, Puzzling Places, Resident Evil 4 VR, Six Ages, Snowrunner, SOMA, Souldiers, Spirit Island, Starfield, Tape to Tape, Tetris: The Absolute - Grand Master 2 Plus, The Gunk, The Midnight Sanctuary, ToeJam & Earl Back in the groove, Total War 3: Kingdoms, Total War Warhammer 3, Trails to Azure, Treasures of the Savage Frontier, Trials of Mana, Troubleshooter (Crimson Crow), Undertale, Vermintide 2, Vintage Story, Zelda Twilight Princess.

Burning shores Stand Alone, Dead Island 2, Demon’s Souls (PS3), Doom 93, Final Fantasy VII, Nier Automata, Roadwarden, Tren.

Death Stranding Director's Cut, Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights, Fate/Grand Order, Final Fantasy X, Genshin Impact, Guild Wars 2, Guilty Gear Strive, Holocure, Perfect Tides, Spider-Man Remastered, Stray Gods, The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie.

Arkham Knight, Blasphemous, Castlevania 3, Company of Heroes 3, Crusader Kings III, Hitman Freelancer, Metroid Dread, Satisfactory, Spider-Man Miles Morales, Subnautica, The Finals, Yggdra Union.

Another Eden, Bayonetta: Origins, Chicory, Etrian Oddysey 3, F-zero 99, Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores, Mechabellum, Phoenix Wright, Risk of Rain Returns, Warframe.

A Space for the Unbound, Aliens: Dark Descent, Corekeeper, Crystal Project, Darktide, Guardians of the Galaxy, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Magic: The Gathering Arena, Monster Sanctuary, Opus Magnum, Resident Evil 2 Remake, Riven, Super Metroid, Thief (With Black Parade).

Dark Souls II, Europa Universalis IV, Forspoken, Goodbye Volcano High, NIOH 2, Pseudoregalia, Siralim Ultimate, Unpacking, Valkyrie Profile, We Love Katamari,
Zelda Breath of the Wild.

A Highland Song, Age of Empires II: Definitive, Chrono Trigger, Deep Rock Galactic, Grounded, Myhouse.wad, The Last Spell, The Void Rains Upon her Heart, Tyrion Cuthbert: Attorney of the Arcane.

Advance Wars 1 + 2 Reboot Camp, Dark Souls III, Judgment, Minecraft, Project Zomboid, Quake II Remastered, Stardew Valley, Triangle Strategy, Valheim, Ys VIII.

AI: The Somnium Files Nirvana, Dark Souls, Morrowind, Path of Exile, Slay the Spire.

Factorio, Fortnite, Honkai Star Rail, La-Mulana, Little Goody Two Shoes, Rogue Legacy 2, Talos Principle, The Making of Karateka.

Anno 1800, Humanity, Jusant, The Cosmic Wheel Sisterhood, The Witcher 3.

Turbo Overkill

Battlebit, Cobalt Core, Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince, Northern Journey, Paradise Killer, World of Horror.

Gran Turismo 7, Hogwarts Legacy, Pokemon Infinite Fusion, Red Dead Redemption 2, Rimworld.

30XX, Bloodborne, Hitman World of Assasination, Sekiro.

Shadow Gambit: Cursed Crew

Granblue Fantasy Versus Rising, Great Ace Attorney Chronicles.

Caves of QuD

Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, Chained Echoes, Inscryption, Troubleshooter Abandoned Children.

Chants of Sennar, Darkest Dungeon 2, Powerwash Simulator.

I was a teenage exocolonist, Paranormasite: Seven Mysteries of Honjo, The Roottrees are Dead, Tunic.

GoW Ragnarok, Returnal, WoW Dragonflight.

Dredge, Final Fantasy 14: Endwalker (2021 GOTY Winner), Sea of Stars, Vampire Survivors.

Age of Wonders 4

(Just Missed Out on the top 60):
Lethal Company.

It had more votes but zero 10s meaning the average was the lowest of the three games at 39.

Phew. That is one of the longest lists I have done. That leaves us with the final 60. Our champions in a year stacked so high that slightly over two thirds of these sixty games are new entries right from 2023. Goodness!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So many games and it's not even the Top 60 yet :stare:

God I love this thread :toot:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
:woop:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Three of my games already counted

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Ulio posted:

After I played the first Judgement, I thought this game is better the Yakuza series and has potential. I think I've been proven right. This is one of the most grounded RGG Studios stories.

Mordiceius posted:

People say the story is inferior to the first game but it feels like it's trying to do something very different and I loved it.

Baggot posted:

here’s much to say about how strongly or coherently Lost Judgment makes its thesis statements about bullying and retribution, but as with other great mysteries, sometimes the questions it raises are more interesting than the answers it provides.

60. Lost Judgment (Ryu Ga Gotoku Studios) (2021).
39 points. Voted for 6 times. Average of 6.5

Apparently a worthy follow up to original game Judgment, itself a wildly successfull Yazkua spin off.
I still have 8 Yakuza games to complete even with these new ones coming out!

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
There goes half my list already :negative:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lost Judgement is an amazing game about beating up school children
https://i.imgur.com/1rYmTgJ.mp4

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Impressive it snuck in there despite being two years old and no significant updates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
watch disco elysium get to top three again