Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

been catching up on those too, i havent bought a game in forever but seeing him play nova drift got me to pick it up instantly, very cool game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Did Pat start this huge resurgence of interest in Midnight Suns I've been seeing lately, or did it start elsewhere and he's just the first I saw of it?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I'm not sure but I think people started talking about it again before Pat did. I think the recent round of sales caused it maybe.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

DanielCross posted:

Did Pat start this huge resurgence of interest in Midnight Suns I've been seeing lately, or did it start elsewhere and he's just the first I saw of it?

The game+DLC is massively on sale.

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!

Brightman posted:

I've been watching his Alan Wake 2 streams as I've been playing through it myself and at some point he super turned off his brain for the puzzles.

There was one he got really frustrated at because he didn't get it, even though it's pretty obvious, and he kept saying it's not a puzzle if it doesn't have something linking the pieces together. Which, no, that's just instructions. Putting the pieces together is what solving a puzzle entails. Also the link was proximity, everything was in the same small room, and the actual puzzle bit was all on the same zoomed in screen.

Normally I wouldn't bring it up but he sorta dwelled on it for a bit. Went back to it after solving it and wouldn't move on for a good while, even if you take out the break he took in the middle of it.

If Dicey Dungeons and Pony Island elevated his mind then I hope it fixed whatever that was (probably just exhaustion from raising a baby if I had to guess).

what puzzle?

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Mesothelioma posted:

what puzzle?

It was the one where you had to intuit the lock combination was the first three author letter of the books on the table that were Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3. Pat's reaction was pretty insane for some of the puzzles, but that one especially.

On the Civilization talk, you absolutely need an end game gameplan at the start of the game when playing on Deity difficulty, but if you are playing on that you have probably played a ton of Civ and internalized all the systems and engine and is completely unnecessary on the normal difficulties. I probably played a couple thousand of hours of Civ V and VI before I felt comfortable enough to play on Deity regularly and just played on Prince for years before that.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol this vs wolves podcast is greaaaaat. Wolf saying his #7 spot had me losing my poo poo

it's you woolie

"Aw!"

Actually it's not.

"Aw..."

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Captain Invictus posted:

lol this vs wolves podcast is greaaaaat. Wolf saying his #7 spot had me losing my poo poo

it's you woolie

"Aw!"

Actually it's not.

"Aw..."

The end of the episode (and them getting into the premise of the show proper) was pretty good with Woolie scoring critical damage on John with his challenge ("I have to socialize?!"), lol

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's even better when he gives John a SUPER easy challenge, but John has already seen it, so woolie counters with the crippling left hook to the social anxiety

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Brennan really is the Better Woolie.

He even got into an anime before him.

https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1744569105938813335

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Oh hey, better Woolie!
………
Oh god, the audio!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Its been a long time since Woolie was the better Woolie. Better mic, sold like hell that one time, didn't get fired by HHH,

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Judging from the video, he's got a proper audio setup, but he just didn't send Woolie a locally-recorded copy of his speech, and they used audio from a Discord channel with a bad connection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPjSE8cQDhY

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Been on a long Cage rewatch, finished Indigo Prophecy, Heavy Rain (Woolie version), and Omikron, now I'm doing Detroit (giving a hard skip to Beyond).

lol I forgot Woolie used to be pro-Musk

e: Brennan and Pat standing up for the much maligned, but desperately needed, world of mutant league football on the podcast

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jan 10, 2024

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Rody One Half posted:

lol I forgot Woolie used to be pro-Musk

TBF, a lot more people were back then before the bad and dumb poo poo surfaced. Can't blame him for that.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ApeHawk posted:

TBF, a lot more people were back then before the bad and dumb poo poo surfaced. Can't blame him for that.

I can. Woolie had a terrible libertarian streak that peaked out occasionally over the years.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
When Musk was really just about SpaceX I was a fan, the Tesla takeover was whatever but very quickly soured me and then the whole well become poisoned in record time.

Just saying we're all capable of dumb judgment.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Yeah but he was still a fan in 2018 (maybe even later) and that was way past time to not notice his insanity.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I can. Woolie had a terrible libertarian streak that peaked out occasionally over the years.

I totally missed it! I mean, there's like an entire episode of his play of KOTOR with Pat where they make fun of the Sith creed in the academy and how it parallels dumb libertarian dross.

I guess we're all a land of contrasts.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

yeah, when all the passing knowledge you'd have on Musk was "oh, he owns an electric car company/space stuff" you could think he was cool, no need to dig deeper. It wasn't until the divorce that Musk made sure everyone could tell he was a dumbfuck blood emeralds rich kid.

I'll never give Woolie too much flack on the "libertarian" angle when he himself lives in the gig economy with youtube and streaming, and his story on why he liked Uber when it started (getting to get a cab without immediate discrimination for the first time in his life) is more than understandable.

e: botchamania
https://twitter.com/GREATBLACKOTAKU/status/1745139734978994520

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 10, 2024

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Ha. Woolie really needs to stop reading comments. Thank goodness Pat was there to sort of head it off or we would have been a solid 45 minutes of him trying to explain away nothing.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's more like he's the most frustratingly center-left person you can possibly imagine

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Just to be fair in these call outs re: years old videos, Pat also embarrasses himself shortly afterward by believing the fictional Russian president is named "Duma."

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i still crack up like a loving idiot at the Crazy Talk meme

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I felt like the big turn on Musk was when that diver saved a bunch of Thai kids and jealous Musk accused the diver of being a pedo. Just because no one wanted to use Elon's time consuming stupid plan. He really wanted to get to be a hero, but revealed himself to be a real petty piece of poo poo. It came off like he didn't give a drat if those kids lived or died. He just wanted to make his rescue sub.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Been watching Woolie and Reggie's AC6 playthrough. Gonna be interesting when they finally reach the Ibis battle.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
drat, Friend Of The Site super eyepatch wolf is making some MOVES

did a double take when I saw the thumbnail in my feed and then saw what channel it was for

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
Every Youtuber is quitting after the Tom Scott video, and Eyepatch Wolf is there to pick up and continue their channels for them.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Woolie referring to his BG3 party members as "rushdown" and "zoners" is just

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The opening joke this week was 10/10, Pat has a career in comedy if this ever falls apart.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

which bg3 character is the grappler

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

Karlach. Quite literally.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Rody One Half posted:

Woolie referring to his BG3 party members as "rushdown" and "zoners" is just

This is actually how 4th edition did it.

a cartoon duck posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmZFxAqZKuU

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
I was expecting the bucket to factor more into the Elmo story.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Meanwhile in Pat & Paige stories that probably will just miss the podcast.

https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1747490614898532618

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Pennsylvanian posted:

I was expecting the bucket to factor more into the Elmo story.

Yeah, I was with Woolie expecting that to be the answer. Was bracing myself for somehow the hospital calling them to tell them Paige brought a cat in with the piss bucket

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What's the beyblade thing Woolie was talking about?

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

He's referring to one of the all time bangers of anime OPs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eLfRf9Os7I

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Oh, I thought he was on about some nuts new toy gimmick where they split in two and keep going.