Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Took Fritha out for a walk since I knew she'd need to poop before the snow hits. She's bundled up in a nice dog jacket, her doggles & earpro. She also decided to drink water from nearby puddles and now is vomiting on the living room carpet.

At least she's doing it next to the sliding door so I can let her out immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Haven't knowingly met or gone to school with any murderers, but off the top of my head:

- a girl from my first elementary school was a morning show host on Toronto TV. She and her brother now have a morning radio show
- two guys from my high school have won the Stanley Cup (the hockey trophy, not the beverage tumbler), one was in my graduating class and the other in the next class
- another guy from my graduating class has won a Juno (Canadian Grammy) and was nominated for 4 other Junos
- well after my time, first runner-up in the first season of Canadian Idol was a student at my high school

And from my college, also after my time, a then (now ex-) girlfriend of Michael Phelps, and White House press assistant under Trump.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
My home town has had multiple murders involving a katana.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I ate to much, hit a steak house and got a big rear end burger with strips of pork belly, onion rings and bbq sauce. With a big ole scoop of potato salad on the side.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

My home town has had multiple murders involving a katana.

What's it like being from seventeenth century Japan?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
No idea what could cause voters, especially Republican voters, to just automatically assume everyone with dark skin is a foreign born Muslim.

https://x.com/aterkel/status/1745976055536508973?s=20

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Android Apocalypse posted:

Took Fritha out for a walk since I knew she'd need to poop before the snow hits. She's bundled up in a nice dog jacket, her doggles & earpro. She also decided to drink water from nearby puddles and now is vomiting on the living room carpet.

At least she's doing it next to the sliding door so I can let her out immediately.

Exquisite cosplay of Diamond Dog

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I went to the same high school as the guy who created a production company who's done some rather famous shows including Welcome to Wrexham and Last Chance U. He played Harold Hill in our production of The Music Man when I was a sophomore and a simple cast member with no speaking roles.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Air Skwirl posted:

No idea what could cause voters, especially Republican voters, to just automatically assume everyone with dark skin is a foreign born Muslim.

https://x.com/aterkel/status/1745976055536508973?s=20

yeah Haley's the only one with a prayer, and that's out the window the second Trump gets in front of a microphone and uses her actual first name & says he 'doesn't care how she identifies, OK?'

high school chat: the only thing interesting that happened was we had a principal fired over winter break & the most liberal girl in the class rounded up everyone's email accounts (a big project in the early 2000s) and scheduled a schoolwide sit-in protest for the first day back, mainly to just get administration to tell us why our first-year well-liked principal got fired over holiday break
to this day we have no idea why he got fired, so i'm left to assume it was some creepy sex poo poo that nobody involved wanted to leak

that woman is now "famous" as a conservative talking head with several notoriously gross children

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Jan 13, 2024

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I don't know much about Vivek, for all I know he might be a bought and paid for piece of poo poo but his destruction of Haley was absolutely the most based thing I have ever seen.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Fellas (and ladies) you gotta watch boy swallows universe on netflix. It's in my loving backyard and I'm geeking out over the places I grew up being on TV.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BlindSite posted:

I don't know much about Vivek, for all I know he might be a bought and paid for piece of poo poo but his destruction of Haley was absolutely the most based thing I have ever seen.

They're all absolute loving monsters, but he's one of the more entertaining ones, and a complete lunatic. He got rich on an IPO for a company that never actually made anything. It was some medical thing, he didn't commit outright fraud (or at least didn't get caught) so it's not quite the same as Elizabeth Holmes, but at least people like Zuckerberg or Musk were involved in making things that people use everyday (they probably shouldn't, but they do). He got rich off vaporware.

One of the most entertaining things in the Republican primaries for 2016 was watching Trump just absolutely destroy all of the other candidates, and well, we saw where that got us.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The look on her fuckin face when he pointed out she was near bankrupt when she left the UN and is now worth millions was worth the price of admission.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Pablo Torre is out in these streets saying Vivek was That rear end in a top hat in college, because of course they went to college together. If somebody who went to Harvard is saying “this guy was too pretentious and up his own rear end for Harvard” then that sounds pretty awful.

You also are not paying me to pay attention to the GOP circus, so I’m not volunteering any brain cells to it.

Moving away from not just the city but the country helps to lose touch of a lot of people from high school, turns out :v: I only lived there for 3/4 of high school anyways, so it’s not like lifelong friends. I’m sure plenty of people are doing well from there, but not too many super high profile so far as I can tell.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hey, I'm not supporting or advocating anyone, this was just funny to me to see someone say the quiet part out loud. It's all a mess in every western country. Might as well enjoy the funny poo poo when it crops up.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I can't support Vivek after what he did to Indoril Nerevar, I don't care how long it's been.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
WTF

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I'm watching the upstairs dogs this weekend since roommate is out of town and the door took a bit to get open this so they coukd go out and pee. It's cold as balls out and makes me wish we could just litter box train dogs.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

It’s gonna get up to 73 today here

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

It’s gonna get up to 73 today here

I hope you have a nice day outside today.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Going to go shovel, take my kid to gym class and then go sledding. Probably going to be crowded because it’s in the 20’s today, but single digits tomorrow, so everyone will be out today.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

I hope you have a nice day outside today.

Stay safe. Cold weather is one thing but that suuuuucks.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Woken up by the wind knocking over my electric barrel smoker.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I'm completely snowed in. My building's maintenance guy had a heart attack while shoveling the snow from Wednesday, and right now there is a magnificent, majestic and utterly mad pile of snow between my side door and the parking lot.

Guess it's time to drink coffee, smoke weed and play a bunch of video games for a weekend.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Timby posted:

I'm completely snowed in. My building's maintenance guy had a heart attack while shoveling the snow from Wednesday, and right now there is a magnificent, majestic and utterly mad pile of snow between my side door and the parking lot.

Guess it's time to drink coffee, smoke weed and play a bunch of video games for a weekend.

Huh, I had always learned and read that shoveling snow was one of the most common activities for someone to have a heart attack, but having lived in Miami until recently, I never saw a case of that. Guess I will be readjusting my radar in the future...

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

swickles posted:

Huh, I had always learned and read that shoveling snow was one of the most common activities for someone to have a heart attack, but having lived in Miami until recently, I never saw a case of that. Guess I will be readjusting my radar in the future...

We had winter storms on both Monday and Wednesday, and a blizzard yesterday. Eastern Iowa is just a madhouse right now; my fiancée literally can't get out of her driveway because there's a foot of snow there. A friend of mine who works part-time at Hy-Vee (Midwest grocery store chain, think Publix) on the side for some extra cash says the shelves are bare because they haven't been able to get trucks there for stocking.

I guess it's Mother Nature's revenge for November and December being utterly dry.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Shoveling snow can be a taxing activity and with your body under the stress of being in inclimate weather, it makes total sense that the out-of-shape are at increased risk of a heart attack.

Still waiting for the snow to hit my part of Portland. My shovel stands ready though.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Timby posted:

I've got to ask.

Why not use the front door?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

MrLogan posted:

I've got to ask.

Why not use the front door?

Because I can't drive due to two bad legs and a broken back (edit: And loving Iowa Medicaid still won't approve a goddamn kyphoplasty for my T12 compression fracture), and going out the front door involves stairs.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
High of 86 here, but it might drop down to 78.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Abugadu posted:

High of 86 here, but it might drop down to 78.

Thanks for reminding me to start planning my Hawaii trip. I don't think 2024 is in the cards but my sister & I will try for 2025.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Timby posted:

Because I can't drive due to two bad legs and a broken back (edit: And loving Iowa Medicaid still won't approve a goddamn kyphoplasty for my T12 compression fracture), and going out the front door involves stairs.

The side door doesn't also involve stairs? Or is it like stairs on the outside leading up to the front door?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

C-Euro posted:

The side door doesn't also involve stairs? Or is it like stairs on the outside leading up to the front door?

The latter. I live in a tiny studio apartment (literally the only rooms are my living room--which is also my kitchen--my bathroom and my bedroom), but there's a flight of stairs to get out my front door, and ergo a flight up the stairs to get back in that way. The side door opens to a walkway that leads directly into the parking lot behind the building.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Shoveling at 7200 feet is a delight haha. Me and the wife take 10 minute shifts then switch out

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I feel like I’m destined to die of a heart attack while shoveling. Mostly because I refuse to let other people do it so I’m sure I’ll be 75 and out there shoveling some wet sloppy snow and my heart will give out.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Snow plows took out my mailbox last night :(

But I just got done shoveling the snow and now I just have to wait until all of the slop turns into ice because of the arctic blast!

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Android Apocalypse posted:

Woken up by the wind knocking over my electric barrel smoker.

This doesn’t mention the 15-40 mph wind gusts, I know it’s par for course elsewhere but I don’t like it!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://i.imgur.com/3PixU2B.mp4
Fritha enjoying the snow for a hot minute.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Leperflesh posted:

dark chocolate peanut butter cups from trader joes are better than regular reeses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YW-5Flkiuw

The peanut butter cup thing pays off at the end, but it's worth listening to the whole thing.

I pulled up the US map forecast to see how many of my coworkers were going to be affected, and did think about you in ND when I saw it was significantly worse there than here. It's such a pain figuring out how to dress to blow the driveway knowing it's going to be ungodly cold at first, but not wanting to sweat after walking up and down it a few times.

Bird in a Blender posted:

I feel like I’m destined to die of a heart attack while shoveling. Mostly because I refuse to let other people do it so I’m sure I’ll be 75 and out there shoveling some wet sloppy snow and my heart will give out.

The hospital employees here call the wet, heavy stuff widowmaker snow. There is an influx of heart attacks when it snows, but that's far and away the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Blowjob Overtime posted:

It's such a pain figuring out how to dress to blow the driveway knowing it's going to be ungodly cold at first, but not wanting to sweat after walking up and down it a few times.
I dress with layers when I'm out in cold weather. Base layer is at least moisture wicking or wool if it's going to be really bad, a decent mid layer (hoodie/fleece/softshell), then a hard shell with vents if it's wet out. The wool is the real money move since it can keep me warm despite getting wet.

The other thing I do is "start cold", where I'm actually a tad under-dressed and feel really cold when I start, knowing I will heat up when I am more active. My outer shell having vents like armpit zippers comes in clutch too as when I get too hot I can vent out a little.