Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

MBS and the Saudis are the only ones benefitting from this. Plenty of innocent Yemeni civilans are going to suffer and its going to achieve nothing in regards to Gaza.

Nevermind any severe external negative effects like what will happen to already desperately struggling poor people in Egypt with its budget blown up by losing canal fees.

What sage voice of compassion and humanity conjured this perfect argument

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

MBS and the Saudis are the only ones benefitting from this. Plenty of innocent Yemeni civilans are going to suffer and its going to achieve nothing in regards to Gaza.

Nevermind any severe external negative effects like what will happen to already desperately struggling poor people in Egypt with its budget blown up by losing canal fees.

its really funny how cynical and hollow liberal woke imperialism sounds now that they dont even have their guy obama as their frontman

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

dk2m posted:

I’ve been sort of absent from this whole conflcit but since the Yemen strikes I’ve been lolling/lmaoing so ty for everyone posting links and poo poo

are there any good places to catch up on the latest of the ICJ case?

I mean not a lot has happened yet, but I've seen reports on it from AJ, AP and of course direct updates from https://news.un.org

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

exmarx posted:

they deliberate in camera, which means in chambers (privately), not on camera

lol

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Each side places bids in secret and the side that raised the most money is declared the winner. Pool goes to highest bidder

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Weka posted:

Looks like the brave fellows of Ansar Allah did better with that strike on the fleet than America will admit.

https://twitter.com/simpatico771/status/1746013987022516435

More credible source:
https://news.usni.org/2024/01/12/two-u-s-navy-sailors-missing-off-coast-of-somalia

the lease is for another decade

iirc somewhere I saw said that's what the British have been doing.

At least they haven't said it was a training operation ... yet

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
can russia or china please smuggle lots and lots of high end AA systems into the region

it would be really funny, thx in advance

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

dk2m posted:

I’ve been sort of absent from this whole conflcit but since the Yemen strikes I’ve been lolling/lmaoing so ty for everyone posting links and poo poo

are there any good places to catch up on the latest of the ICJ case?

south africa documented every israeli minister at every level of the government saying they wanted to slaughter everyone in gaza

israel countered by saying hamas were so evil that they're allowed to kill everyone in gaza

5 years from now the court will rule that israel has a right to do whatever the gently caress it wants.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Weka posted:

Mint Press repeating claims that Oman have closed their airspace. It could be true I guess, I don't see there being much demand to use it.

https://twitter.com/MintPressNews/status/1745830120651157787

Seems logical to not antagonize the guys that just kicked the rear end of everybody else in the region

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Grimson posted:

https://twitter.com/AymanM/status/1746154908334608574

rip ayman, gonna be taken off the air by 6pm

Wouldn't be the first time. He got canned from NBC middle east correspondent for implying that killing a bunch of kids playing on the beach was bad

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

nothing funny about your bullshit

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/Lowkey0nline/status/1745958601204658181

i don't think this is the main senate building, it's too tall. is it one of the office buildings that support the leg?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Not US military "contractor" died from "heart attack" yet?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Weka posted:

Mint Press repeating claims that Oman have closed their airspace. It could be true I guess, I don't see there being much demand to use it.

https://twitter.com/MintPressNews/status/1745830120651157787
i can't find anyone else saying this other than Pravda, who is citing a random telegram channel

so, not so sure this is real

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Al-Saqr posted:

I dont know how seriously (probably not at all) to take this but apparently a bunch of federal employees are planning a strike to try and force biden to stop the genocide, if anyone knows any details let me know

===============================

Federal employees plan to go on strike in rejection of Biden’s policy in Gaza as the war marks 100 days.

https://x.com/AJArabic/status/1746158907624427997?s=20

Won't do much because it's timed just right when a massive snowstorm is coming through D.C. Nobody isn't going to be coming in to work anyways.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Karach posted:

does anybody have any good links on the recent history of Yemen? This AP article feels a little too Fair and Balanced to me

https://apnews.com/article/yemen-attacks-iran-ships-retaliation-houthis-d770a3fb0fab4c4b72e2459771833e11

This might not be recent enough, but might be of interest

https://twitter.com/Aldanmarki/status/1736550356132180228

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

had a crazy idea last night what if we chilled out on demanding our Chinese made goods with 2-day shipping, and stopped relying on the politically tumultuous & ecologically devastating Suez canal altogether, just an interesting idea off the top of my noggin

smoobles has issued a correction as of 16:48 on Jan 13, 2024

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen

Al-Saqr posted:

Israelis being normal

============================

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/2024...%AC%D8%A8%D9%84

Israeli writer and politician Avi Lipkin said that Israel's borders will extend from Lebanon to Saudi Arabia, after annexing Mecca, Medina, and Mount Sinai.

Lipkin said in a video clip on social media, "I believe that our borders will eventually extend from Lebanon to the Sahara Desert, that is, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and then from the Mediterranean Sea to the Euphrates, and on the other side of the Euphrates will be the Kurds, and the Kurds are our friends."

He added, "So, we have the Mediterranean behind us, the Kurds in front of us, and Lebanon, which really needs an Israeli protection umbrella, and I think that after that we will take Mecca, Medina, and Mount Sinai, and we will work to cleanse those places."

Lipkin's statements are consistent with a document called the "Yinon Document" by the Israeli strategic journalist Oded Yinon, entitled "The Zionist Plan for the Middle East in the 1980s," which is based on the vision of the founder of Zionism, Theodor Herzl.

The document, which was first published in February 1982, focuses on the establishment of “Greater Israel,” and constitutes the cornerstone of the policies of the Israeli political forces represented by the current government of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, as well as in the policies of the Israeli army and intelligence institutions.

Yinon worked as a former advisor to former Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, in addition to his work in the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in addition to being a journalist for the Jerusalem Post.

The plan focuses on weakening the Arab countries and dividing them later, as part of the Zionist expansionist project. It also refers to expanding settlement in the West Bank, expelling the Palestinians from Palestine, and annexing the West Bank and Gaza Strip to Israel, where, according to the document, “Greater Israel” includes parts of Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Iraq, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia.

According to the document, Israel will establish a number of proxy states to ensure its superiority in the region.
You're posting content sourced from a Twitter account called "Jewish Watch", which posts anti-semitic bait like the video in question from four years ago.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Diogenes of Sinope
Jul 10, 2008

Harik posted:

https://twitter.com/Lowkey0nline/status/1745958601204658181

i don't think this is the main senate building, it's too tall. is it one of the office buildings that support the leg?

This is the interior of the Hart Senate office building, where Senators and committees have their offices and staff. Nice to see this thumb in the eye of the genocidaires right where they work.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Brucolac posted:

I'm sure he's totally compromised by about 15 different intelligence agencies given what we do know about him. Of course he'll say this poo poo.

They tried very hard to keep his divorce quiet or lol I saw liberals say it was because his wife was embarrassing and liked to sing at state events and do arts and crafts but... lol my man takes after his mother when it comes to his personal conduct.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

smoobles posted:

had a crazy idea last night what if we chilled out on demanding our Chinese made goods with 2-day shipping, and stopped relying on the politically tumultuous & ecologically devasting Suez canal altogether, just an interesting idea off the top of my noggin
the last time the us did that we had months of people marching in the street

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

nothing came of it, of course, but wouldn't wanna risk it again

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

smoobles posted:

had a crazy idea last night what if we chilled out on demanding our Chinese made goods with 2-day shipping, and stopped relying on the politically tumultuous & ecologically devastating Suez canal altogether, just an interesting idea off the top of my noggin

No

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

CSM posted:

You're posting content sourced from a Twitter account called "Jewish Watch", which posts anti-semitic bait like the video in question from four years ago.

Cool av

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Karach posted:

does anybody have any good links on the recent history of Yemen? This AP article feels a little too Fair and Balanced to me

I’ve read about The Emergency, because it, Suez and Operation Vantage signalled the end of Empire.

Of course, now it seems the Americans are doing all of the same things, so maybe I should dig up those books.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

CSM posted:

shut up bitch

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

Karach posted:

https://apnews.com/article/yemen-attacks-iran-ships-retaliation-houthis-d770a3fb0fab4c4b72e2459771833e11

This is genocide denial.

fizziester
Dec 21, 2023

CSM posted:

gently caress off back to the festering slimehole you crawled out of, hasbara freak.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

CSM posted:

did he say it or not

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Diogenes of Sinope posted:

This is the interior of the Hart Senate office building, where Senators and committees have their offices and staff. Nice to see this thumb in the eye of the genocidaires right where they work.

Maybe Fetterman will see it and what's left of his brain will implode

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Isn't this Boy Jared's plan?

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

i can't find anyone else saying this other than Pravda, who is citing a random telegram channel

so, not so sure this is real

oman is also extremely owned by the british considering the current ruler got put in place by the SAS and the brits have both a large military and intelligence presence in the country

edit: only recent source i can find is from chatham house saying the omanis said no to letting the brits base their attacks on yemen out of omani bases
https://www.chathamhouse.org/2024/01/uks-participation-air-strikes-yemen-exposes-its-diminished-military-strength

quote:

Where the strikes originated is also of note, with the Typhoons launching from Cyprus. The UK has received access to bases in Oman in the past, but the Omanis clearly did not want to have the strikes launched from their territory. Launching from elsewhere in the Gulf would have been to overtly take sides in Yemen’s ongoing civil war.

Grimson has issued a correction as of 17:05 on Jan 13, 2024

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

CSM posted:

that appears to be an al jazeera story op. maybe you should unsubscribe to Jewish Watch

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
*guy wearing symbols of a nazi army* hmmm are you perhaps antisemites?

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
"Report in the Wall Street Journal: Israel informed Egypt that it'll launch an operation to take over the Philadelphi Route. The operation will most likely include the deployment of Israeli forces in areas close to the border with Egypt and Israel, according to senior Israeli and Egyptian officials who were quoted in the American outlet."

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1746178746627883390?t=8wNNTwn8ykInw_fdqoRMwg&s=19

Griz
May 21, 2001

mcmagic posted:

Isn't this Boy Jared's plan?

the plan seems to have been completely unchanged since Oct 7 despite Saudis now being universally opposed to "normalization"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

*guy wearing symbols of a nazi army* hmmm are you perhaps antisemites?

subscribing to all of those antisemitic twitter accounts was helpful for supporting ukraine, but has now become complicated now that the white supremacists are also supporting israel

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

let them cook then perma-ban imo

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

smoobles posted:

You've declared yourself an enemy of Number. Prepare to be annihilated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Beaucoup Cuckoo posted:

I'm not going to clog this thread up being unfunny, but just wanted to say to those of you posting in here with updates and your commentary are great.

I took my first trip into D&D over the last few days and that thread makes me feel like I'm going loving insane.

You guys are cool - c-spam owns. Thanks y'all.