Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

I mean yeah if you don't pay your bills you don't get your service Mike, how could this possibly come as a surprise? Maybe you shouldn't have spent those millions on a free speech social media site built on a wordpress type system, just throwing that out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

great username
Dec 28, 2023

Crack is waiting for you Mike.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

pumped up for school posted:

While I appreciate this reference, I can't hardly listen to mmb anymore since Dicky Barrett went vax-crazy a couple of years ago.

Except Don't know how to party. I just pretend that's an entirely different band.
Yeah, Dickey went off the deep end.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

great username posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99j0zLuNhi8

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

great username posted:

The howling void that is The Loom awaits you Mike.....

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/ronfilipkowski/status/1746137387657252961?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Toxic Mental posted:

That trial was never going to go to trial before the election anyways. It's basically all on SCOTUS and the J6 trial at this point.

Ordinary person steals one classified document - in prison forever within days.
Trump steals hundreds - hmm maybe we’ll have a trial sometime in a few years, no biggie.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Strange, engoron gets death threats but you never hear about canon getting death threats from the radical left with all this obstruction.
:thunkher:

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

:perfect:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
My 'A convicted murderer vouches for my character' shirt is getting a lot of questions its already answered

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Pack it in, libs. Known good person Sammy The Bull is vouching for your favorite president

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

CannonFodder posted:

Yeah, Dickey went off the deep end.

It's always SA that teaches me these things.

I nabbed an old MMB CD for 5 bucks recently, too.

:smith:

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Outrail posted:

My 'A convicted murderer vouches for my character' shirt is getting a lot of questions its already answered

This would only apply if you then alerted the authorities and got the murderer convicted when they tried to "get you."

BrideOfUglycat
Oct 30, 2000

Is there anything that can be done about this? Logically, if someone refuses to do their job, there should be a way to get around it.

This ties in with a discussion my mom and I were having yesterday where she suggested that the HFC could just not allow anything out of committee and stall the spending agreement that way. That seems so implausible to me though. There has to be a way around it.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Getting a lot of "Trump thinks he's a mob boss" questions already answered by my endorsement by a disgraced loser mob boss.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1746206684228313123

The one Trump can't remember doesn't like Speaker no one in the GOP wants.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

BrideOfUglycat posted:

Is there anything that can be done about this? Logically, if someone refuses to do their job, there should be a way to get around it.

This ties in with a discussion my mom and I were having yesterday where she suggested that the HFC could just not allow anything out of committee and stall the spending agreement that way. That seems so implausible to me though. There has to be a way around it.

I imagine eventually they can appeal things up the ladder, but I'm sure judges have a ton of leeway for scheduling or giving defendants more time to 'prepare their case'.

She also knows the more she stonewalls and sabotages the case, the more likely she'll get appointed to an appeals court or SCOTUS by republicans. She has literally nothing to lose. Even if she sabotages the case in the most comical obvious way possible, the more she shows her loyalty to the republican party, the more she'll be rewarded.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Pack it in, libs. Known good person Sammy The Bull is vouching for your favorite president

“Biden has a lot of problems, the least of which is certainly not his inability to inspire fear and respect from organised crime”. Soon to be read at a NYT headline near you!

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

BrideOfUglycat posted:

https://www.uscourts.gov/statistics...en%20convicted.

In other words, lol no.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Can only we see all this stuff? Is that whats going on?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

BrideOfUglycat posted:

No. Judges have a lot of latitude in how they manage trials which is why when Cannon drew this case everyone groaned. While rulings like this can be appealed, there's zero chance that even a friendly appeals court is going to force things through. On top of that, Cannon is going to be on the bench for another fifty years. The feds will have to deal with her constantly and they're only going to play the appeal card when it matters.

If a judge is nakedly corrupt like Cannon is (or I guess she could be a complete idiot who doesn't even have a layman's understanding of the law or judicial proceedings whose lack of knowledge in those areas always benefits Trump directly, but nakedly corrupt is the more likely option), there's a shitton they can do to wreck a trial with effectively no recourse. There's not even sanctions that could be applied.

Dragging out the trial forever was the obvious way that she would gently caress with things, so there is no surprise here.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Random Stranger posted:

No. Judges have a lot of latitude in how they manage trials which is why when Cannon drew this case everyone groaned. While rulings like this can be appealed, there's zero chance that even a friendly appeals court is going to force things through. On top of that, Cannon is going to be on the bench for another fifty years. The feds will have to deal with her constantly and they're only going to play the appeal card when it matters.

If a judge is nakedly corrupt like Cannon is (or I guess she could be a complete idiot who doesn't even have a layman's understanding of the law or judicial proceedings whose lack of knowledge in those areas always benefits Trump directly, but nakedly corrupt is the more likely option), there's a shitton they can do to wreck a trial with effectively no recourse. There's not even sanctions that could be applied.

Dragging out the trial forever was the obvious way that she would gently caress with things, so there is no surprise here.
abort the court

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

DicktheCat posted:

It's always SA that teaches me these things.

I nabbed an old MMB CD for 5 bucks recently, too.

:smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gGvzA7UTK0

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Haverchuck posted:

Can only we see all this stuff? Is that whats going on?

Lol

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The Florida case was always doomed in my mind. As soon as Canon was assigned it was doomed.

I think the DoJ knew that too thats why they have the DC one.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

twistedmentat posted:

The Florida case was always doomed in my mind. As soon as Canon was assigned it was doomed.

I think the DoJ knew that too thats why they have the DC one.

As I recall the documents were also stored in NJ, so a new jurisdiction might get a new judge assigned to the case

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
:trumppop:IN THE EIGHTIES WHEN HE STILL HAD HIS DADS MONEY:trumppop:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

As I recall the documents were also stored in NJ, so a new jurisdiction might get a new judge assigned to the case

The most amazing thing is that Trump straight up hosed with the US intelligence apparatus and apparently they're fine with that? The horrible stuff they've done to American citizens in the name of national security is uncountable but Trump straight up steals and probably sold secrets, nothing.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

e: wrong thread

e2: TRUMP!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

He must be really worried about losing his SCOTUS cases

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

kazil posted:

Has he tried buying Thomas and Roberts each a boat?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
A huge part of Trump’s con is to convince people that everyone else is lying, cheating and stealing so it’s only fair that he gets to as well.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

twistedmentat posted:

The most amazing thing is that Trump straight up hosed with the US intelligence apparatus and apparently they're fine with that? The horrible stuff they've done to American citizens in the name of national security is uncountable but Trump straight up steals and probably sold secrets, nothing.

It's insane, especially when you look at the punishment for people who have done far, far less that Trump

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

kazil posted:

Ah yes "Republican Judges" and "Democratic Judges" instead of just "Judges"

A well calibrated system of impartiality.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

kazil posted:

The reason Republican judges keep ruling against me is they're doing their best to be impartial. It's pretty unfair.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

twistedmentat posted:

they're chuds

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's insane, especially when you look at the punishment for people who have done far, far less that Trump

Probably cause it hasn't happened before?

Presidents will do horrible monstrous things For The Good Of The US, but even if they're being insanely self serving they've never gone so far as to be stool pigeons for foreign governments.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

There's still a part of me that can't accept her name is Reality Winner. Feels like the universe is dabbing on me

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/LisPower1/status/1745926081071267846?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

kw0134 posted:

In Taiwan politics chat Lai Ching-te won the election, with the other two opposition parties splitting their vote. This will ensure a more independent stance from the Taiwanese government and pissing off China.

my wife's kmt neighbors are really really mad which is an added bonus.