Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Give us Old Sheldon and call up Alan Alda. gently caress it, I’d watch that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Pham Nuwen posted:

What's the record for spin-offs of spin-offs? Big Bang Theory -> Young Sheldon -> whatever they call this turd is a pretty solid chain, but I'm sure there's been something longer.

For some reason I don't feel like Star Trek should count.

If you don't want to count Star Trek or other franchise type shows like Law and Order and CSI, the answer is probably "All in the Family".

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Happy Days spawned Laverne & Shirley, Joanie Loves Chachi, Mork & Mindy, and probably some other poo poo that I do not recall. it's up there.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Empty Sandwich posted:

Happy Days spawned Laverne & Shirley, Joanie Loves Chachi, Mork & Mindy, and probably some other poo poo that I do not recall. it's up there.

right, but none of those spin-offs then had their own spin-offs, which was the question

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Isn't there some kind of :actually: sitcom connected universe

Unironically, Breaking Bad ---> Better Call Saul is the most successful spinoff I can think of.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

External Organs posted:

no i dont think we've gotten any YIIK sitcom spinoffs yet

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Alaois posted:

right, but none of those spin-offs then had their own spin-offs, which was the question

Happy Days had 5 live action spinoffs (also cartoons, but those don't count) but no spinoffs of spinoffs.

All in the Family has two spinoffs-of-spinoffs: All in the Family --> Maude --> Good Times, and All in the Family --> The Jeffersons --> Checking In. It arguably has three double-spinoffs: All in the Family rebranded itself as Archie Bunkers Place after the actress who played Edith left, then spun off the sitcom Gloria.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

External Organs posted:

Unironically, Breaking Bad ---> Better Call Saul is the most successful spinoff I can think of.

You're thinking of the Tommy Westphall Universe https://thetommywestphall.wordpress.com/

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

more falafel please posted:

TAZ has always been 3 people wanting to make an actual play podcast and 1 travis trying to Win D&D

Seems to me like Travis is the most successful of them

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
I mean it was on his sheet that Griffin approved. He's basically playing a Belmont, right? I assume the crossbow was going to be his Vampire Killer equivalent. . .

It was pretty funny though.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I was worried when it seemed like they were going to do a moody flashback for Travis, but I was so happy to find out it was goofs all the way.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

sounds to me like travis is the only one taking the Dracula threat seriously

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
I'm not going to get in the way of any of them treating dnd as a game.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I’ve been listening off and on for at least 9 years and this is the first time I can actually remember them giving out the email address for questions during the episode.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

The LSD question is very very good this week.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Episode one of this Adventure Zone arc is delightfully stupid right after the bat

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgI2Qnr4nuc

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Happy Days was a spinoff of Love, American Style.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

I'm really enjoying how heavy with goofs the new TAZ campaign has been.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

it's always been goofs that's what's irritating about it

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Pennsylvanian posted:

I'm really enjoying how heavy with goofs the new TAZ campaign has been.

Having a character's back story be "Dracula hit you with his car" is just the dumbest poo poo and I'm extremely on board with it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The invisible man sucks, man

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Fil5000 posted:

Having a character's back story be "Dracula hit you with his car" is just the dumbest poo poo and I'm extremely on board with it.

His Dragula you mean. There is no way in hell that they don’t make that joke.

AzureFlame
Nov 26, 2009

Warbird posted:

His Dragula you mean. There is no way in hell that they don’t make that joke.

God damnit

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Extremely disappointed in Juice and Trav for not knowing about Sandstorm

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

grittyreboot posted:

Extremely disappointed in Juice and Trav for not knowing about Sandstorm

As in darude?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Darude

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Three episodes in and the TAZ v Dracula theme still slaps hard. I've never been much of a Castlevania fan, but that arpeggiated riff towards the end gets me pumped.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Inkspot posted:

Three episodes in and the TAZ v Dracula theme still slaps hard. I've never been much of a Castlevania fan, but that arpeggiated riff towards the end gets me pumped.

The music and jokes have been great so far but I really really hope it doesn't devolve into typical "save the world from an all-consuming eldritch god" stuff, it really seems like it's going that way with the latest intro

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

change my name posted:

The music and jokes have been great so far but I really really hope it doesn't devolve into typical "save the world from an all-consuming eldritch god" stuff, it really seems like it's going that way with the latest intro

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me every single TAZ arc, you know the rest

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I feel like the last few seasons have all started with "they brought jokes back!"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

change my name posted:

Justin and Clint were on their best behavior when it came to campaign stakes

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
I dunno, feels like Griffin is ready for something sillier with lower stakes

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
This thread...

"I like the new theme!"

"Yeah, but those DMs though."

All in jest. I'm as guilty as anyone else on these dead gay forums. Still. It's a good song. Not everyTravis has to Travis so Travis. "You can like a podcast."

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Why wouldn’t a story with Dracula in it have stakes? Next you’ll say you don’t want garlic either

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Why wouldn’t a story with Dracula in it have stakes? Next you’ll say you don’t want garlic either

Because a stake invites players and especially players who spend most of their play time pleading their case about why they should totally get to be the Best Boy At D And D Ever to try to rules lawyer poo poo about how a broken table leg or a toothpick or a carved duck is totally a stake, show me in the rules where it isn't

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I don't think a Dracula story needs stakes. First of all, the red juice is actually myoglobin, not blood,

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Broken table leg seems like it would count :hmmyes:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Based on the last episode it seems like killing Dracula is a regular thing. So whatever is happening will be more than just that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

change my name posted:

I hope it does turn into that. I listen to a few actual plays, and they're usually at their worst without a clear, overarching goal for the players.