Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

The first 3 are great. The last 2 are OK. I think the only other horror franchise that has decent movies for awhile is the first 5 Halloween.

halloween 1, 2 and 3 are good after that its a wasteland until the remakes and reboot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i have seen all the halloween and hellraiser movies

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i saw the frighteners... that was pretty scary

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i have incredible amounts of brain damage

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i have incredible amounts of brain damage

*chuckles* yeah, i post in cspam too

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the hellraiser remake was good and i look forward to them remaking all the sequels with jamie clayton as pinhead

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the first hellraiser is still an all time genre defining movie :colbert:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Al! posted:

the first hellraiser is still an all time genre defining movie :colbert:

for me to poop on

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

when I realized pinhead was the protagonist the movies got less scary.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

lobster shirt posted:

i saw the frighteners... that was pretty scary

That is a good film

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i guess you could say the lament configuration is a character in the movie :smuggo:

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

what should i eat for dinner tonight cspam? i don't feel like cooking and will be ordering something

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

jerk chicken and rice with plantains

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Eat This Glob posted:

what should i eat for dinner tonight cspam? i don't feel like cooking and will be ordering something

burger

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Al! posted:

jerk chicken and rice with plantains

hell yeah i live close to a jamaican spot and i haven't been there for like 6 months. time to remedy that. good call, poster Al!

burger sounds good too

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

fosborb posted:

Hellraiser has such a hard fall off lol

don't watch the series past the first two imo but the recent hulu remake was really good

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

with jamie clayton as pinhead

whoa didn't know this

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
you must watch all of the hellraiser movies to understand the meaning of pain and pleasure

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

you must watch all of the hellraiser movies to understand the meaning of pain and pleasure

I read you posts. I understand

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
pnhead once very quiet and tactiturn... but now he's making one liners and cackling he's making the church explode for no reason and he's laughing after he turned a man into a camera and this is only the third movie

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
its a rubix cube you stupid bitch

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Mr Hootington posted:

I read you posts. I understand

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
rubix cubes are a kind of fidget cube

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
(epic hellraiser playing in background) ...i turned him into a camera kirsty

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i liked both of the Warlock movies

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the hellraiser remake was good and i look forward to them remaking all the sequels with jamie clayton as pinhead

pinhead was too hot I don't know if I can handle more of her

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
in the first one the witch hunter guy boards an airplane holding a bigass weathervane

one of the flight attendants is all "can i take that for you sir" and he growls at her YOU CAN HAVE IT WHEN YOU PRY IT FROM MY COLD DEAD FINGERS

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i liked both of the Warlock movies

me too

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
cool rear end evil warlock breaking into some peoples houses threatening them but he makes sure to flip a cross on their wall upside down because he loves satan ftw

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Eat This Glob posted:

if its raining: pho

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

pinhead was too hot I don't know if I can handle more of her

remake pinhead is actually much more faithful to the original story where they're explicitly described as androgynous in voice and appearance

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
they call him pinhead because he smokes crack

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

fun fact: clive barker loathed the nickname "pinhead" and wanted him called his proper name from the story which was H E L L P R I E S T

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

like he apparently gets mad even decades later if someone calls him that

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Buck Wildman posted:

like he apparently gets mad even decades later if someone calls him that

he does

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
clive barker's writing is hilarious because he'll set a story in like missouri and then have all the characters speaking in british slang

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Eat This Glob posted:

box of wheat thins

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

he should relax more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
clive barker is so mad about the name pinhead he wrote a bad novel about it where pinhead goes around killing people that call him pinhead so he can power up and fight satan