Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Peg Sliderskew posted:

Cool if I bring my mini trampoline and DDR mat so we can play in the fresh air?

That'll get in the way of my inflatable hot tub sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

CordlessPen posted:

I know it's in Ireland but this looks so much like an early 2000s condo in Boca Raton.

That sounds like a much more appropriate climate for all that marble flooring alright.

Ok, who here loves pillars? Cos do I have the house for you!

(Last one makes me think they are big Skyrim fans)

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-dundrockan-carrickmacross-co-monaghan/5433640

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

It's like that Not the 9 o'clock news skit but with columns.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Huh, for some reason I really want a churro now

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
as an american i thought those carpets were nice

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pookah posted:

That sounds like a much more appropriate climate for all that marble flooring alright.

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-dundrockan-carrickmacross-co-monaghan/5433640

The gently caress is an archetypal American exurban McMansion doing in Ireland?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The gently caress is an archetypal American exurban McMansion doing in Ireland?

America won a cultural victory like ninety turns ago.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Weren't there a bunch of those put up during the celtic tiger boom?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Platystemon posted:

America won a cultural victory like ninety turns ago.

I remember the first time I realised someone was Wrong on the Internet. A french guy was sneering gallicly at the notion that america could be considered to have won a cultural victory. Talking about an american game on an american forum on the american internet in, well, we weren't speaking French...

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

See also Rammstein's Amerika

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Pookah posted:

They are fans of the video game Columns, obviously

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

OwlFancier posted:

Weren't there a bunch of those put up during the celtic tiger boom?

Yes. A lot of rich people took too much inspiration from watching Dynasty and decided to incorporate it into their houses.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
You know what the Greeks loving loved was when the columns were placed asymmetrically and just loving anywhere with no respect to geometry. They were extremely into that

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Heath posted:

You know what the Greeks loving loved was when the columns were placed asymmetrically and just loving anywhere with no respect to geometry. They were extremely into that

The Romans probably would be.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Pookah posted:

...are they structural? Trying to figure out if this is a design quirk you can take care of in an afternoon or fundamental to the house.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

...are they structural? Trying to figure out if this is a design quirk you can take care of in an afternoon or fundamental to the house.

You really don't want to stub your toe on one.

Maybe it's rock solid and it breaks your toe, maybe it rockets across the room because it's entirely foam and weighs nothing.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I highly doubt they are. If you look closely in some of the pictures there seems to be a small gap above them. Makes me think they had some left over and just put those wherever randomly

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I'm pretty sure they are not, like Kit Walker says, you can see little gaps between the tops of some of them, and the ceiling, also check out how the one on the left here aligns with the tiles.

:argh:

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Not sure if this is what you’re saying, but you wouldn’t have a structural support sitting on top of tiles/floorboards/vinyl whatever.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Not sure if this is what you’re saying, but you wouldn’t have a structural support sitting on top of tiles/floorboards/vinyl whatever.

I'm just annoyed that the pillar covers up the black border of the tiles, like the pillars were just planted randomly all over the house.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Pookah posted:

I'm just annoyed that the pillar covers up the black border of the tiles, like the pillars were just planted randomly all over the house.

We looked at a house that had some similarly gaudy dumb poo poo, but even worse they had placed it before the tile.

And the tile is no longer made, nor did they have spares, so removing the poo poo meant you either had open spots on your floor or redo the entire house.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Pookah posted:

]

Meet me under the stairs and we'll discuss it. I'm sure our voices won't carry at all.

quote:

We keep our extra showers in this room.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/mikansboxx/status/1747732632371143031

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
What? You don't have a separate sink for washing your dildos?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

You'd think they'd at least mount it with the curve facing the other way, so that a faucet could follow it along its length when it rotates. (A faucet of the correct length, anyway.)

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Is it intentionally hostile to prevent people doing their washing up there or something

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s a curved “prep” sink.

It’s stupid but not unique. The faucet is just for running the garbage disposal.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

STFU PREP SINK DIS KITCHEN HAS REAL GOFFICK SINK

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The faucet is shaped like a question mark to match your bewilderment

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
:-(

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Platystemon posted:

It’s a curved “prep” sink.

It’s stupid but not unique. The faucet is just for running the garbage disposal.

There is no garbage disposal in the sink in the photo.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

lol

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Nenonen posted:

What? You don't have a separate sink for washing your dildos?

Don't refer to your own mother with such insulting terms!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

sleepy gary posted:

There is no garbage disposal in the sink in the photo.

My eyes couldn’t bear to look at it for long.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

God I hate looking at this. My husband has an incredible tendency to splash water absolutely everywhere around the kitchen sink when he’s washing up, to the point where his nickname is now ‘the spillage idiot’. The very thought of him trying to do washing up in a sink like this fills me with dread.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

the spillage idiot

Holy poo poo what a username

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

God I hate looking at this. My husband has an incredible tendency to splash water absolutely everywhere around the kitchen sink when he’s washing up, to the point where his nickname is now ‘the spillage idiot’. The very thought of him trying to do washing up in a sink like this fills me with dread.

It's not for washing up though