Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

although the bowling/go kart place near me turned the restaurant next door into a mini golf place and seem to have gone "we got these booths and moving them seems like effort... should that uhh.. should that be part of the course?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Computer viking posted:

I've been duck bowling at the same pub with two different groups from work, Oslo is in the middle of a small wave of ... let's call it bars with activities. There's a place with arcade machines and slot racing not far from me, a selection of duckpin bowling and the like, and my personal favourite is the indoor minigolf with beer place, made up to look like a family campground ca 1997.

Hell yeah slot racing!!!!! Are they 20 scale or smaller? I would 1000% spend some time with friends racing heats sounds like so much fun

Ruby Gloom posted:

yeah glasgow is getting super into this kind of thing at the moment too, axe throwing bars as well

but my tip is: you can turn up to minigolf already drunk, no one can stop you, getting in trouble is a false idea

I am curious about the axe throwing thing, we considered it a few times for "team building" but liquor and melee combat sounds like an accident waiting to happen

Re: mini golf - freaking protip right here

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

SIDS Vicious posted:

working on a silly comic of my daycare dogs as people taking care of me as a dog, been doing the dog’s character designs

These are great but Loooool this one

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Ruby Gloom posted:

although the bowling/go kart place near me turned the restaurant next door into a mini golf place and seem to have gone "we got these booths and moving them seems like effort... should that uhh.. should that be part of the course?"

Is that a real stuffed komodo dragon :stare:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Indoor go kart places can be incredible if you find a big modern one. Those cars can be powerful.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

Beer scene in my state is pretty weak. Either it's like what EFN describes with marketing for a vocal population that is all IPAs or the brewers are huffing thier own farts.

I am only saying this because I am jealous of bagmo but I do wish him the best it is more of a commentary on my own misfortune.

Maybe I'm spoiled from living elsewhere and having traveled to some other european contries where I could roll into any pub and have a variety of dope-rear end ales as well as having at LEAST one local style brewed locally.

Yeah it just feels really stagnant TBH. It feels like nobody knows what to do next.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

the obvious answer is Beer - but make it sexy

(this was genuinely A Thing in Scotland in the 70s/80s)

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Ruby Gloom posted:

the obvious answer is Beer - but make it sexy

(this was genuinely A Thing in Scotland in the 70s/80s)

I guess this is what we do now.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’ve been axe throwing a few times and it’s …ok… I guess? It’s fun for like a round or two :shrug:. One place I went to was better because it was in a big commercial building and they had a deal with the brewery next door for discounted pints. Also the brewery was a big space with arcade games and stuff so you could go there when it wasn’t your turn to throw.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Ilbsm if you’re in the Fairfield area and feel like making a mild detour, NewSylum Brewing in Newtown is pretty good.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Also, I made a pizza for dinner.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Hell yeah slot racing!!!!! Are they 20 scale or smaller? I would 1000% spend some time with friends racing heats sounds like so much fun

I am curious about the axe throwing thing, we considered it a few times for "team building" but liquor and melee combat sounds like an accident waiting to happen

Re: mini golf - freaking protip right here

I haven't been there, but from the pictures it looks more like Hot Wheels scale, which appears to be 1:64 - but they've built a decently big track:

This place.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

When we were done eating, we walked out to the lanes and Silver Chair was blasting and there was a big group of people laughing and singing "YOU'RE GONNA WAIT TOO, FAT BOY!" and I was like :thunk: but really in my head I was singing it too

Frogstomp is pure strain 1995 and I still irrationally love it.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Ruby Gloom posted:

Attn: bagmonkey (and everyone, really)

Figgy muthafuckin Puddin' IN ACTION

https://www.facebook.com/reel/345517361662779?s=yWDuG2&fs=e

BRING

ME

THIS

FIGGY

PUDDING!!!!!!!!!!

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

The bowling alley in my town has champagne on the drink menu. And it's not some extra-fancy bowling either.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Beer scene in my state is pretty weak. Either it's like what EFN describes with marketing for a vocal population that is all IPAs or the brewers are huffing thier own farts.

I am only saying this because I am jealous of bagmo but I do wish him the best it is more of a commentary on my own misfortune.

Maybe I'm spoiled from living elsewhere and having traveled to some other european contries where I could roll into any pub and have a variety of dope-rear end ales as well as having at LEAST one local style brewed locally.

I'm a blessed boy. I was talking to my friend in PA about this and Pittsburgh is the same as you guys, except the do have some good breweries...... out in the suburbs. Michigan just has good beer everywhere and even your crusty local bar and grills have at least 2-3 decent craft beers on tap. I really do think it's a culture thing though, Michigan is very very into beer (and alcohol in general) so there's a massive audience for this stuff

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

redshirt posted:

Anyone ever rolled with the small balls? Candlepin bowling? Or Duck bowling?

yup!!! candlepin bowling a real fun

but feather bowling is where its at!!!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Ruby Gloom posted:

honestly though the idea of a mini golf course just shoved into a bar is kinda awesome. I love the idea of the gimmick of the course being that it's just put into an otherwise normal business, thats fun

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

bagmonkey posted:

BRING

ME

THIS

FIGGY

PUDDING!!!!!!!!!!

turns out Figgy Muthafuckin Pudding is actually based just outside Portland

if only there was a 5KPT goon nearby who could adopt her and make her the thread mascot

*ahem*

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Portland used to have a great beer scene but I think the influx of tech people made it disappear up it's own rear end with a couple of exceptions.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Escape From Noise posted:

I guess this is what we do now.

this brewery is only a few miles away from me, and i wind up there sometimes. their beer--like their marketing--is normally a little too extra for its own good.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Ruby Gloom posted:

Attn: bagmonkey (and everyone, really)

Figgy muthafuckin Puddin' IN ACTION

https://www.facebook.com/reel/345517361662779?s=yWDuG2&fs=e

Those whiskers are OUTTA CONTROL omg :powercatte:

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
We got like half an inch of snow, and it is now minus 8 freedom degrees at 10 in the morning

That's ok cause I don't really plan on leaving the house today, except that I need to do laundry and I have to take about five steps outside to the basement door to get to the laundry machines :rip:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

bout halfway to saving up for this drum kit fingers crossed it doesnt sell!

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

SIDS Vicious posted:

bout halfway to saving up for this drum kit fingers crossed it doesnt sell!

"if you're not allergic, we got 5000 cats"

good luck sid i hope you get it!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

yeah i laughed very hard at that lmao (luckily i have cats also)

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

wait stop. hold on. do the cats play the drums or do they come with the drum kit or what?

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

Prof. Crocodile posted:

wait stop. hold on. do the cats play the drums or do they come with the drum kit or what?

there's 5000 of them, you'd think they could spare a couple

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

I have eaten the raviolis
This is too many raviolis

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Ruby Gloom posted:

turns out Figgy Muthafuckin Pudding is actually based just outside Portland

if only there was a 5KPT goon nearby who could adopt her and make her the thread mascot

*ahem*

TIIIIIIIIIP

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

I have eaten the raviolis
This is too many raviolis

settle down ricky

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Computer viking posted:

I haven't been there, but from the pictures it looks more like Hot Wheels scale, which appears to be 1:64 - but they've built a decently big track:

This place.

That us exactly what I was hoping for, that looks like fun! Not an all the time thing, but when the mood strikes a group of folks could vie for incredible honors like President of the Galaxy

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
I spent $12.50 on 40 cans of "energy seltzer" at the dollar store. Each can costs $0.31 and has 125 MG of caffeine. This is the best caffeine per dollar deal that I have found so far.

It's such a good deal i almost want to go back and get 40 more but that might be overkill

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Jet

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...
The 5000 Cat Thread

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Jet and Max

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

FYI Jet might not look in the photos but he is 19 pounds and is a chonk

A chonky snugglepuss

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

BABIEEEES :neckbeard:

but also who is the mystery lizard in the first pic

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

:iiam: :newt:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I spent $12.50 on 40 cans of "energy seltzer" at the dollar store. Each can costs $0.31 and has 125 MG of caffeine. This is the best caffeine per dollar deal that I have found so far.

It's such a good deal i almost want to go back and get 40 more but that might be overkill

yoooo what dollar store and what are they called because im always looking for cheap caffeine lol