Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Android Apocalypse posted:

https://i.imgur.com/3PixU2B.mp4
Fritha enjoying the snow for a hot minute.

This is adorable. Also she needs her goggles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

It was only -10 or so here this morning, but my partner was jazzed to get up and take the dog out because she loves reading books about polar explorers and now she’s getting to cosplay as one.

I stood outside for a little bit in jeans and a long T-shirt and it was cold but not nearly as bad as you might think. It was pretty still so the wind wasn’t a factor, if it’d whipped up I would have gone running back inside something quick I’m sure.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
One dog hates getting paws wet, but loves running in snow. The other hates the snow but his belly is only like 3 inches off the ground so I don't blame him.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

swickles posted:

One dog hates getting paws wet, but loves running in snow. The other hates the snow but his belly is only like 3 inches off the ground so I don't blame him.

Put a plow on the front of the second dog.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

It’s been rainy and miserable lately in Charleston and it’s like slightly too humid and not sunny enough to dry up. So basically I’ve got a soggy goldendoodle I wash multiple times a week who hates wet paws and refuses to piss in the rain.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Bird in a Blender posted:

Put a plow on the front of the second dog.

Omg that would actually work because he just walks around with his nose to the ground anyways!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
It's 60 degrees and clear outside.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Birbs are doing alright. They're done molting and I'm starting to get more eggs again.

Wishing I'd taken a picture of the ice block I dropped out of their water feeder this morning. Ice was close to two inches thick.

Nervous fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jan 13, 2024

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Comrades, I have work to do and errands to do and exercise. But I’m so tired and just wanna be a big warm cinnamon bun…

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I am at Kefka's tower.

I need to split into three groups.

I did not prepare for this.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

a neat cape posted:

I am at Kefka's tower.

I did mention earlier to be sure to level up all your characters!

you can power level on dinosaur island, a forest east of Gau's Father's house pretty quickly. Just uh, have enough HP to survive at least one meteor spell. And you can hasten it by using exp eggs which you can get 4 of if you do coliseum bets correctly. Another option is the desert south of Maranda, the hoover enemy dies pretty easily if you use Edgar's air anchor against it. And cactuars die from drill / pummel easily.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

a neat cape posted:

I am at Kefka's tower.

Oh boy the whole endgame of FF6 is incredible, I'm excited for you. The end credits sequence is a half hour long!

I think every group has their work cut out for them a bit, just try to keep them all balanced. If you are trying to get all of Strago's Lore then I think one of them is used by a boss on one route, might be worth looking that up.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Do you folks love or hate when video games have long cutscenes?

I love those 4 hour long nonsensical Kojima cutscene.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

C-Euro posted:

Oh boy the whole endgame of FF6 is incredible, I'm excited for you. The end credits sequence is a half hour long!

I think every group has their work cut out for them a bit, just try to keep them all balanced. If you are trying to get all of Strago's Lore then I think one of them is used by a boss on one route, might be worth looking that up.

Goddess, she does Quasar in the SNES version

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Hate, but I’ve just been caught too often by surprise when I only had a little bit before needing to go do other things. I play video games to avoid commitments, not have more of them!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I get a bit annoyed when it's the start to the game like Kojima likes to do.

Give me a short 1 minute cutscene to set the stage, then get me into the mission and show don't tell me the rest.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

My 40 minute flight from Vegas to Burbank was canceled and replaced by a 4 hour and 30 minute winding trip through Utah this is fun

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

kiimo posted:

My 40 minute flight from Vegas to Burbank was canceled and replaced by a 4 hour and 30 minute winding trip through Utah this is fun

Sorry man. That's always the worst.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I’m alright with them. I grew up with a couple of friends that loved MGS and enjoyed watching them play it.

But now I kinda wanna do it myself so someone tell me what’s up with this MGS Master Collection

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Sorry man. That's always the worst.

I could get mad but honestly the storms are loving flights up all over the country the fact that I have a flight at all is kind of a miracle because many don't

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

One of my favorite sequences I've ever done in a game is 3 boss fights followed by an hour-long cutscene, then a save point, then another hour of cutscenes before 2 boss fights in a row.

I am extremely okay with long cutscenes if they're executed well, this is why I'm a fan of Ace Attorney, Zero Escape, and AI.

Manoueverable fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jan 13, 2024

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Manoueverable posted:

One of my favorite sequences I've ever done in a game is 3 boss fights followed by an hour-long cutscene, then a save point, then another hour of cutscenes before 2 boss fights in a row.

is this Xenoblade 3?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Drake No: long cutscenes
Drake Yes: 2.5 minute long ladder climbing sequence

https://youtu.be/vgaYe4ZYYyY?si=ulVxKe_uZS9yKOVC

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Basement apartments are cold and I always forget this fact. We have a heat dish space heater and as soon as the cats get off me I'm turning it on. My feet are so cold.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Basement apartments are cold and I always forget this fact. We have a heat dish space heater and as soon as the cats get off me I'm turning it on. My feet are so cold.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

kiimo posted:

Yeesh, it's a 4 and half hour to just drive from Vegas to LAX

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Going back a bit, I went to high school with Brian Littrell of the Backstreet Boys. He was a year or two ahead of me but my bestie had a ginormous crush on him so we prank called his house once.

I just had to correct someone's kid in Costco. They were SLAMMED and we were waiting at the snack bar and the kid who was like 13 or so hollers at the workers "Can we be next please?" He did it once and I let it go but when he did it the second time I was like "I'm not your mom, but that's rude, bruh. You'll be next when it's your turn." He just blank stared me but his older brother was like "Yeah! You're rude." So just know, if your kid is being an rear end and you're not around or willing to correct them, I will. It's a free service I offer. You're welcome.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Zoran posted:

is this Xenoblade 3?

It is, yeah. I just really loving love that game.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

When done right they're incredible. Yakuza is the king of this. A lot of cutscenes you can skip through voiced dialogue as you read, then a REAL cutscene with better graphics comes on, shirts get ripped off and you're ready to throw down

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Goddess, she does Quasar in the SNES version

Oh wait I think there's an enemy in the tower that also uses Quasar, it has the flaming wizard sprite I think.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Braksgirl posted:

Going back a bit, I went to high school with Brian Littrell of the Backstreet Boys. He was a year or two ahead of me but my bestie had a ginormous crush on him so we prank called his house once.

I just had to correct someone's kid in Costco. They were SLAMMED and we were waiting at the snack bar and the kid who was like 13 or so hollers at the workers "Can we be next please?" He did it once and I let it go but when he did it the second time I was like "I'm not your mom, but that's rude, bruh. You'll be next when it's your turn." He just blank stared me but his older brother was like "Yeah! You're rude." So just know, if your kid is being an rear end and you're not around or willing to correct them, I will. It's a free service I offer. You're welcome.

I don’t have kids but can you come with me the next time I go to Costco?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

C-Euro posted:

Oh wait I think there's an enemy in the tower that also uses Quasar, it has the flaming wizard sprite I think.

Dark Force. It's basically a blue mage monster that uses a bunch of spells to learn.

edit: Fiend / Doom / Sephirot (whatever translation you're using) casts Force Field when you fight it, and that's the only time you can learn that spell.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jan 14, 2024

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Does anyone have a generator for their house? I am thinking getting one mainly to power our furnace when power goes out so it doesn't get too cold here. Is it something I can hook up and configure myself, or do I need an electrician?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

swickles posted:

Does anyone have a generator for their house? I am thinking getting one mainly to power our furnace when power goes out so it doesn't get too cold here. Is it something I can hook up and configure myself, or do I need an electrician?

You want an automatic one or a portable one you turn on when power goes out? Former you'd probably want an electrician but if it's portable usually there's a spot on your house outside you can connect to (at least my parents had one).

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I can hear my next door neighbor's kids playing outside in the storm. :chloe:

Also Fritha is being all :barf: again so there's that.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

swickles posted:

There's also whole house battery backup systems now that could be a decent option too. You'll need an electrician to install a transfer switch which prevents you from back feeding into the power grid.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Also feeling it at the moment, we relocated for the night due to power failure at my place and the dog is coping with the anxiety by being extra clingy

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

a neat cape posted:

I am at Kefka's tower.

Haha the classic FF6 blunder

swickles posted:

Dog boots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Final Fantasy 14 has a thing where if there is going to be a lot of cut scenes, when you start the quest it will pop up a box that says yo it's gonna be awhile last chance to finish stuff or eat or go to the bathroom.

FF14 players have been trained to cower in fear when that drat box and dialogue shows up because whenever it does things get fuckin real, and will probably emotionally devastate you

In conclusion, Yoship is a monster and must be stopped