Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
https://twitter.com/redpananda_/status/1670943536139718656

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

1. Tetris Effect Connected
2. Alan Wake 2
3. Mega Man
4. Mega Man 2
5. Crash Bandicoot
6. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
7. Crash Bandicoot: Warped

ArfJason posted:

Thats the best crash.

I agree

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
One of the last games I finished last year and it's good enough that I wanted to play it again within a couple weeks, Doom Eternal. Moved up the difficulty a notch, felt like I'd progressed enough skill wise that I was pretty well prepared for what was coming, mark of a good difficulty progression. Still not playing on a real difficulty, I'd like to no-death it before I move up to something with some heat on it but I did feel the icon was a lot harder this go around absolutely swamped with enemies at 50% health. Cool game, wish I got one of the DLCs at xmas.

Also got it in my mind that I wanted to complete all the Quake achievements so I've been playing that a ton too. Did not like Scourge or Dissolution much at all but I got through them. Feel like Hard would have been the sweet spot, enemies felt a little too tanky on nightmare for the ammo you get. A lot of the late 90s fps level design that most devs have moved away from, worst of all being guaranteed damage from scripted events. Dimension of the Past was pretty great and Dimension of the machine owns a ton. Looks sooooo good. That hub alone looks incredible. Then I went through the base game one more time on nm since I only did it on easy when I first got it a couple weeks ago.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Games Beat

Medabots
Paper Mario: The Origami King

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

2. Alan Wake 2
3. Mega Man
4. Mega Man 2
5. Crash Bandicoot
8. Crash 4: It's About Time

Initial impressions were solid. It looks great and feels great. However, the story is so much more prevalent despite not being any better than 2 or 3, some of the levels are literally just "Here's half of a new level the rest is a level you already played", and the levels drag on for so long. The difficulty ramps is harshly in the final two worlds to where I don't think anything in 1-3 is harder than that and the 100% requirements just look like an exercise in torture.

That said, I do hope they do a similar sequel to Spyro eventually.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Returnal + Ascension DLC

Really cool game, glad I could finally play it.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Retard Urinal

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Returnal + Ascension DLC

Really cool game, glad I could finally play it.

I gotta try the dlc, I loved it at release but didn't play since around then. I think there were some big updates I never tried.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!

Roth posted:

2. Alan Wake 2
3. Mega Man
4. Mega Man 2
5. Crash Bandicoot

Initial impressions were solid. It looks great and feels great. However, the story is so much more prevalent despite not being any better than 2 or 3, some of the levels are literally just "Here's half of a new level the rest is a level you already played", and the levels drag on for so long. The difficulty ramps is harshly in the final two worlds to where I don't think anything in 1-3 is harder than that and the 100% requirements just look like an exercise in torture.

That said, I do hope they do a similar sequel to Spyro eventually.

the story stuff is annoying bcos all the cutscenes are insanely well animated/choroegraphed but then u have to listen to new tawna say some completely aids marvel lines. good game tho

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

1. Cave Story 1/12
2. Final Fantasy Legend 1/30
3. Dark Souls 2 2/17
4. Baldur's Gate 3 2/18
5. 5 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup Octopode Shapeshifter 15 runes 3/3

rodbeard fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Mar 3, 2024

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

1. Trails in the Sky

decent JRPG that I'd been meaning to play for years. Unfortunately right during the ending festival my hard drive died and my steam account got banned and and I went permanently blind, so I have to assume that everything wrapped up nicely.

2. Trails in the Sky SC

open palm slammed this into the metaphorical cartridge slot immediately after the credits rolled and burned right through. Things got a little backtracky near the end and managing gear between a constantly shifting party was annoying, but it stuck the landing. I ran with Schera and Kevin for the whole final section. Good stuff and I've already got 3rd queued up.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Hogwarts Legacy
2) Aliens: Fireteam Elite

This was actually better than I was expecting, really! For an Aliens game it's not too bad - I figured it would be kind of a cash-grab, but it's pretty fun in coop. We beat the main campaign, the expansion and collected all 'intel' collectibles.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

2. Alan Wake 2
3. Mega Man
4. Mega Man 2
5. Crash Bandicoot
9. Super Mario Bros Wonder

Finally went back and finished it, and after those Crash games the final two worlds and Bowser Castle stages were such a relaxing breeze. Just a very charming game.

Roth fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Jan 13, 2024

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

sourdough posted:

I gotta try the dlc, I loved it at release but didn't play since around then. I think there were some big updates I never tried.

I didn't like the DLC as much as the main game but it was still a fun time. And runs are much shorter which is an acceptable trade off.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Sekiro (Dragon's Homecoming)

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

3. Kirby: Planet Robobot

I'd had this one sitting half finished for a while. Top 5 Kirby game, but not better than Super Star or Forgotten Land.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Roth posted:

2. Alan Wake 2
3. Mega Man
4. Mega Man 2
5. Crash Bandicoot
9. Super Mario Bros Wonder

Finally went back and finished it, and after those Crash games the final two worlds and Bowser Castle stages were such a relaxing breeze. Just a very charming game.

You're on a roll. But, also, you skipped CTR!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Kazvall posted:

You're on a roll. But, also, you skipped CTR!

It's definitely been on my mind.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

herculon posted:

Sekiro (Dragon's Homecoming)

Ftw

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1) A Plague Tale: Innocence
2) Dragon Quest 1 (GBC)
3) HI-Fi Rush

Really cool, loved The Prodigy stage.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

tmfc posted:

TMFC GAMES BEAT 2024

01. Mega Man X2 (all collectibles & shoryuken) [screenshot]
02. Donkey Kong Country (101%) [screenshot]

03. Donkey Kong Country 2 (102%)

better overall than the 1st game. better soundtrack, nice progression of the art style, etc. i like how this game is sort of drab and dark. there's some absolute bullshit in here like putting some of the DK coins in the prize rotation at the end of the stage, the DK coin that was hidden in a bonus stage, that early water level where there is almost no indication when there are hidden walls that lead to bonus rooms and the DK coin, etc. the levels were harder on the whole than DKC1 i think, but they're more fun to replay / try again when you screw up. some of the bonus rooms were really dumb but i appreciate that they were actual minigames/puzzles that you had to complete, and not just prize rooms like the first game.

Animal Antics wasn't that bad tbh. the bonus room barrel was in an obvious location and the parrot section isn't hard at all if you go slowly and tap the d-pad as the wind direction changes. the level with the rising toxic waste just before it was a lot harder for me lol.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

2) SMT Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs King Abaddon (Chaos path)

good game.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

4. Forest Grove

A first person detective game in the style of something like Scene Investigators/The Painscreek Killings/Paradise Killer. It has a gimmick where you are inside a nanobot powered recreation of the crime scene instead of the actual scene itself, although I'm not sure what this is supposed to add to the experience. It's got a sort of "open world" (where the world is one house) structure where you can investigate as long as you want and then submit your findings and get a grade. My grade wasn't great so I missed some things, I might go back and try for something higher but the last like 90 minutes or so was spent combing every corner for the one piece of evidence I'd missed and it took some of the momentum out of it. It's very short for the price and while I did enjoy some of the mystery solving, overall it wasn't one of the better detective games I've played.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

3.1) Magicus - Perfect Ending, Hell Difficulty

The postgame was sick. Just one insanely long dungeon filled with enemies that made me mix up my strategy to a mage playstyle. Still focusing on breaks though. It was a long climb to get all the endgame equipment, but it was well worth it. The lightsaber in Astlibra was kinda lame but not the one in this game

There were two bosses, one of which was just a guy with a gun and the final boss was a 20 minute ordeal that had 5.6 million HP. The highest I'd seen previously was a little over 1 mil lol. Lost once, then planned a strategy and beat it down

Maybe now I'll stop being distracted from playing more Raidou 2

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

1. cave story, best end

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
1. Mario Wonder 1/13

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

tmfc posted:

03. Donkey Kong Country 2 (102%)

better overall than the 1st game. better soundtrack, nice progression of the art style, etc. i like how this game is sort of drab and dark. there's some absolute bullshit in here like putting some of the DK coins in the prize rotation at the end of the stage, the DK coin that was hidden in a bonus stage, that early water level where there is almost no indication when there are hidden walls that lead to bonus rooms and the DK coin, etc. the levels were harder on the whole than DKC1 i think, but they're more fun to replay / try again when you screw up. some of the bonus rooms were really dumb but i appreciate that they were actual minigames/puzzles that you had to complete, and not just prize rooms like the first game.

Animal Antics wasn't that bad tbh. the bonus room barrel was in an obvious location and the parrot section isn't hard at all if you go slowly and tap the d-pad as the wind direction changes. the level with the rising toxic waste just before it was a lot harder for me lol.

Is that the one in the castle that also has the snake and the parrot? I kind of want to play it again now, lol.

maybe with the kids after we finish Mario 64

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

yes, there's also an auto-scroller a few levels prior, Castle Crush, which was annoying

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
2. Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name (Platinum, 100% Akame Network)

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Cave Story

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

1. robocop: rogue city
2. trepang2

it's a spiritual sequel to FEAR and it nails it. it's been a while since i played a game where just firing the guns was this satisfying. the j-horror inspired spooky poo poo has been replaced with SCP style poo poo and they manage it pretty well, a couple of the levels are genuinely creepy. that said, that poo poo always got annoying in FEAR so it's nice that there are a few levels (and a survival mode) that are just pure loving poo poo up. more games need that goldeneye/timesplitters style menu of unlockable easter egg toggles like DK mode and helium voices. not sure if TREPANG is also a stupid acronym though.

thanks to dendy, for good sig

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

2. MGS4. Inchworm title. Meh.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

2. MGS4. Inchworm title. Meh.

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kojima drove up to my house in a 1989 Bentley and called me a small-dick shrimp for my performance in MGS4. 4/5.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Kojima drove up to my house in a 1989 Bentley and called me a small-dick shrimp for my performance in MGS4. 4/5.

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ten on ten. Every loving time, luv. Korjima as done it again e as.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

lmfao

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Wormskull posted:

lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Wormskull posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted: