Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Peyton his final year

I broke my back

dodge dodge

thpinal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

kiimo posted:

I can see any class flop but the sheer number of quality QB options this season makes it a silly statement if not a joke
I feel like I've heard this line before.

I'm not making any predictions here outside of that I would never bet on the nfl draft.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

LiquidFriend posted:

I feel like I've heard this line before.

People were talking the same noise about the 2021 draft.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
My wishlist:

1. Free Justin Simmons from this listless club for some draft capital

2. Stay at pick 12 and draft best value regardless of position

3. Bring back CFL Most Outstanding Player and Grey Cup Champion Chad Kelly for 2024

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kull the Conqueror posted:

3. Bring back CFL Most Outstanding Player and Grey Cup Champion Chad Kelly for 2024

More Chad Kelly shenanigans would be very fun. For me that is.

I like to think he did well in the CFL because Canadians are all like 'welp, that's just how the boy is' and they put up with everything that goes along with him. I don't know if he got into any trouble up there or not, but this is my headcanon that he's still loving everything other than football about his life up.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

My wishlist for the Chiefs:

-Bring in a WR that can catch in clutch situations
-Move up to the middle of the first round and draft OT
-Let Chris Jones go and get a comp pick
-Give Lajarius Sneed a big ol contract

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

kiimo posted:

My wishlist for the Chiefs:

-Bring in a WR that can catch in clutch situations
-Move up to the middle of the first round and draft OT
-Let Chris Jones go and get a comp pick
-Give Lajarius Sneed a big ol contract

dude, relax, and enjoy the playoffs first!

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Kull the Conqueror posted:

2. Stay at pick 12 and draft best value regardless of position

This is where I’m at. If there’s a solid QB, grab ‘em, but since we’re at least another couple of years from being Any Good™️ I think you just start to pick up folks you think can contribute in any spot. Also, I think our O-line is about to get worse sooooo…

3 DONG HORSE posted:

dude, relax, and enjoy the playoffs first!

Kiimolimus?

(Assuming a healthy Travis Kelce, I don’t think the Chiefs exit before the AFCCG? Dolphins are sus)

waffle enthusiast fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jan 8, 2024

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

How dare you

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I only want 2 things: Sneed back, and TWO receivers drafted in the first 100 picks. I guess that’s 3 things I want

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm thinking we need a tackle in the draft more than rolling the dice on another receiver. I'd rather bring in a guy like Michael Pittman or Calvin Ridley or Tee Higgins

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I think all 3 will be tagged or re-signed, just because I am a negative Nancy

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Problem is we have 1 WR on the roster. Rashee Rice. Who else will be back next year? Maybe Justin Watson, doubt he would get starting snaps anywhere else in the NFL.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mecole and Justyn Ross will be back. I'm not sure they count though. I feel like the team has had enough of MVS and Skyy Moore.

I can't remember if Toney has a contract through next year

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

waffle enthusiast posted:

This is where I’m at. If there’s a solid QB, grab ‘em, but since we’re at least another couple of years from being Any Good™️ I think you just start to pick up folks you think can contribute in any spot. Also, I think our O-line is about to get worse sooooo…

Basically same here. I'll be cranky if they trade next year's first to steal Penix from the Falcons or whatever. They just need to think more than one year ahead, whatever they do. The lack of a second rounder hurts.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I'd rather have good WRs than a new tackle. Mahomes bullshit can overcome bad tackle play but it demonstrably can't as easily overcome leading the league in drops.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I also want good wide receivers but I'm suggesting that picking them up in free agency is a better gamble than having Veach draft another bust in the second round

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Tee Higgins would be such a good pickup if he could stay healthy.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Chargers can do almost anything they want at pick 5 and I'm happy about that.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

the Chiefs have the greatest QB in the league, and a brilliant offensive mind at head coach, all they need are some gimmicky offcasts at receiver

Andy can coach em' up and Pat will have no problems elevating their game with his own level of play

also, I'm posting from the year two thousand and twenty one

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
MVS final 2023 campaign: 21 catches for 315 yards and 1 TD.

Not too bad for the presumable WR1 entering the season. 11m well spent. I think he played more snaps than any other receiver in the first half of the season.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!

Pron on VHS posted:

MVS final 2023 campaign: 21 catches for 315 yards and 1 TD.

Not too bad for the presumable WR1 entering the season. 11m well spent. I think he played more snaps than any other receiver in the first half of the season.

Now do the math of dollar per yards/receptions and compare it to Hill.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1744788817796563423?s=20

Raiders making a push for some pre-season Superbowls

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Man, I like watching Chiefs fans suffer as much as the next guy, but it feels like they should have changed the time or moved the game.

The forecasted wind chill looks dangerously cold.

waffle enthusiast fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jan 13, 2024

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Those poor fans, they'll have to *racist gesture* twice as hard now to build up some body heat

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.
Between Buffalo looking like they’re going to be pummeled by a nor’easter and KC looking like they’ll break their coldest game ever record, perhaps a week’s break wouldn’t have been the worst idea in the NFL’s playbook.

Silver lining though, if you want to go to the KC game, it’ll likely cost you just under $100 (ticket and parking) to attempt not to get frostbite.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Seiyal posted:

Between Buffalo looking like they’re going to be pummeled by a nor’easter

Not a nor'easter.

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

Flikken posted:

Not a nor'easter.

Ah seems I am mistaken then, my apologies.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Seiyal posted:

Ah seems I am mistaken then, my apologies.

The key is that nor'easters come out of the nor'east, which is to say, on the coast, they're storms that blow down from the Arctic off the Grand Banks and thus carry some of the most violent weather patterns.

Buffalo is on the Great Lakes, so it can't get those kinds of storms -- what it gets instead is what's known as "lake effect" snow. The Great Lakes are always going to be warmer than the surrounding terrain and air in winter, because they're gigantic thermal masses that don't change their temperature quickly. When wind blows the colder air across the lakes, it picks up tons of water vapor from them that rapidly turns into snow, which is then vomited all over the downwind side of the lakes --- in this case, Upstate New York. This happens on other big lakes across the world like Lake Baikal and the Great Salt Lake, and even on some bodies of water like the Sea of Japan.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Redeye Flight posted:

The key is that nor'easters come out of the nor'east, which is to say, on the coast, they're storms that blow down from the Arctic off the Grand Banks and thus carry some of the most violent weather patterns.

Buffalo is on the Great Lakes, so it can't get those kinds of storms -- what it gets instead is what's known as "lake effect" snow. The Great Lakes are always going to be warmer than the surrounding terrain and air in winter, because they're gigantic thermal masses that don't change their temperature quickly. When wind blows the colder air across the lakes, it picks up tons of water vapor from them that rapidly turns into snow, which is then vomited all over the downwind side of the lakes --- in this case, Upstate New York. This happens on other big lakes across the world like Lake Baikal and the Great Salt Lake, and even on some bodies of water like the Sea of Japan.

Thank you for explaining it better than i could.

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

Redeye Flight posted:

Quoting because this is a fabulous explanation, thank you!

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
So maybe that plan to spend the whole season bringing Rice along slowly so he is ready for the playoffs was a good one.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

it's all coming together. MVS caught a ball.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

rashee rice stonks: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I think I can comfortably say (again) that trading Tyreek Hill was the right move.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

LiquidFriend posted:

I think I can comfortably say (again) that trading Tyreek Hill was the right move.

good thing there's no chance of this looking silly in the next week or two

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Yeah, last time everyone said we were doomed without him guess what happened

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i thought this was the aftermath thread. people are allowed to talk their poo poo in here and it's none of my piss. i'm very sorry for trying to take your piss

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Jan 14, 2024

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Rashee Rice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

The337th posted:

good thing there's no chance of this looking silly in the next week or two
Doesn't matter. They flipped him into an all-pro corner in McDuffie and have already won one SB without him.